/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk about Sonic stuff! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #843 - Edge-O-Meter Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
Sonic Mania OST - Special Stage ("Dimension Heist")
youtube.com/watch?v=OLcblxrrE0Q

Many Details of Mania Revealed at SDCC: Animated Intro, Special Stages, Story, etc.
www.tssznews.com/2017/07/22/sdcc-2017-special-stage-in-sonic-mania-revealed-story-details/

IDW and SEGA Enter Publishing Deal; Will Be Speaking to Fan-Favorite and New Creators
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/888538195045998592
twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/888536084472352770

Sonic Forces "Enter Infinite" Trailer & Theme of Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

Archie Sonic Officially Cancelled; Not the End of Sonic in Comics
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/887809496898088960

>General Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K4cNr3TgW4w
timeanddate.com/countdown/party?iso=20170727T17&p0=179&msg=let's watch sonic together&font=slab
my.mixtape.moe/gcucyl.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do you guys hate Aaron?

best robutt

First for Person

So Forces is currently being touted in China
>youtube.com/watch?v=K4cNr3TgW4w
Interesting enough the voices are still in English, just have Chinese subtitles. Also if you ever wanted to see what the death animation looks like during the crab chase sequence, It is surprisingly hilarious.

Team Dark is the best thing about Sonic.

How does moving work in this?

I don't hate him. I'm just very disappointed in him.

Left touchpad is your analog stick, right trigger Spin Dashes, left trigger rolls, pressing down on the right touchpad jumps.

is the loop smoother now?

Yep. I made a custom script that makes the player's perspective slowly rotate to the orientation of the slope.

Neat. I would love to try it out.

Tell me something to make me stop feeling bad about myself

stop feeling bad about yourself.

What are some good fanfictions?

Shadow swore to protect the people of this planet. That includes you, user. No matter how bad you might feel, take solace in knowing that Shadow is looking out for and protecting you.

Reminder: Tomorrow at 5PM EST we'll play episodes 6-10 of X, with a replay at 9PM EST

Hey, that wasn't hilarious at all.

idk but take a look at mine

friendly countdown timeanddate.com/countdown/party?iso=20170727T17&p0=179&msg=let's watch sonic together&font=slab

>omega was a fucking manlet in heroes
lol

They have such an irresistibly fun dynamic in the comics, aswell.

>in heroes

he's a manlet period

they at least tried to fix it in 06. in heroes he's straight up smaller than like, vector.

honestly, why would you make an artillery robot big? it just makes it a bigger target
this is why Eggman's a genius

>tfw randomly playing my folders, when suddenly
my.mixtape.moe/gcucyl.mp3

EXPLAIN

Omega straight up looks like shit unless he's taller than everyone he's standing next to. In Heroes he looked like a goddamn TOY.

I always picture him taller, I don't know why, I guess robot for me equals big mechanical thing.

I wouldn't talk shit if I were you

nah dog that's me right there splitting the beam with how much cooler than heroes omega i am

Is this acceptable?

Want to sketch some sonic stuff. Open to suggestions.

>19 days until Sonic Mania finally drops
FUCK

/sthg/ better be exploding in dance and PARTY HARD gifs the hour before it drops

In Heroes everything looked like a goddamn toy because of the plastic lighting.

He's the small tough guy. You see him and laugh at his size, but in reality he can bench press a semi. Also he has enough weapons inside of him to arm an entire squad of soldiers. I didn't like that he was small at first, but now I think it suits him.

The only thing I don't like about him is that he's fucking hard to draw correctly, like goddamn that body shape is hard to get right in any pose other than viewing him from straight ahead

Who did Eggman fuck?

There is no part of his design that resembles an egg, therefore no.

i don't know but i'm enjoying it so thanks for posting it

>4' 11"

nah m8, it'll all be drowned out with comics, waifu wars, and sparkyposting. /sthg/ will find a way

Draw Blaze flying with phoenix wings made out of fire.

tails being cute

Holy fuck! Gamma was a Chad!

sonic eating onion rings after he's done with his chili dog

Chaos Gamma

Shard drinking oil

Modern Sonic and Buddy dragging Classic Sonic kicking and screaming from Mania to Forces.

Good old times...

>#maximum edge
>not the highest on the chart

Team Dark are the only members of GUN who don't suck shit at combat, the rest are a glorified FEMA. Shadow should be commander, not that military industrial complex, desk warrior Tower.

the strongest edge is that which breaks previous barriers. edgy shit needs no rules

Nicole as Little Red Riding Hood
Alternatively Metal Sonic, but with half of his face missing, similar to the Terminator

>Buddy.
So, that's how people call the Custom Character wolfy? He is hella cute.

no, but this is.

BE IT ALL THE SAME IT'S NEVER THE SAME
JUST LIKE THAT, JUST NOTHING AT ALL, JUST MEMES
NOTHING AT ALL, JUST MEMES

I really don't understand why people draw Eggman as some pretty anime boy for when he was young aside from just a "what if" sort of thing. He HAD to have been some fat, sad little melvin as a kid.

Also this

What made him evil? I feel bad now

Melvin Indeed
Also because sex sells.

This looks great.

Nobody took him seriously, so he had to force them to.

headcanon: People didn't treat him well. Machines only do what he wants them to do, so he considers them to be superior

He was probably the kid who got picked on by a total chad in high school (probably someone who acted just like Sonic desu) and vowed to ruin everyone's life for it.

Only he was actually smart enough to do it.

Would you an egg? You'd get yolk all over the place!

No, that was Eggman Nega.

i fucking hate this

Why do you hate fun?

When will the "chaos was a chao" meme end?

i thought it was canon, but it was always one of those things i sort of just ignored

Loneliness, inferiority complex and an unbridled ego. Maybe all the stress and physical exhaustion from overworking on his science projects nobody gave a shit about pushed him to the limit.

Or he was born an asshole.

As soon as the "gamma is a flicky" meme ends.

Gamma bullying Omega saying, "robolets, when will they learn?"

Would you bully Ivo, break his motobug model, and push his dumb nose in the mud?

How is it a meme?

No.

>Gamma bullying Omega for being a manlet
>Not Omega bullying Gamma for being a total beta

Where's the source, then?

I'd want to be friends with him. Then ask him to make me some cool bots. Then once I get what I need, I'd push him into the bushes and say "later nerd!" as I ride off on a hoverboard.

Omega may be a manlet, but can fuck your shit up.

His ego grow as he got older. He saw other people as stupid compared to him. Saw the word as unsatisfying compared to his clouded vision of it. Also wishes to be recognized for his genius going by some of his plans and flamboyant/complex creations, which could stem from lack of attention. Also idolized his grandfather who he saw as the pinnacle of genius be snuffed out. All that compiled into what Sonic's World/Human world knows as Eggman.

At least here, yeah. It's taken from a rumor about Forces that called the character creator.

He needs Boom!Eggman to teach him how to lift and stop being a dweeb.

Eggman must hate humans more than mobians.

>mobians

He got bullied in Mobian school because he was the only human there.

What would Maria think of Eggman?

It was inter-species team work, mobians dumped his books, humans stuffed him in lockers.

to be fair there's not really a better thing to call Sonic-types, is there?

And sometimes they worked together and dumped his books AND stuffed him in lockers.

It's like some kind of anti-Eggman. Except not, because that would be a Tarzan-like figure bent on world conquest through his army of flicky cohorts.

Still hates that hedgehog, tho'.

Sonic's World's anthropomorphic life forms. It rolls out of your tongue so easily.

he took "school shooter" to a whole new level

Knowing the guys at Sega, "Sonic-types" is probably EXACTLY what they'd call them

i'll stick with Sonic-types, then. obviously not a term used in-universe, either.

Animals? Or just the species each of them come in?