/indie/ - Indie Games General

Last thread : >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, ((Grimoire)), Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/519860/DUSK/
store.steampowered.com/app/654880/Dream_Daddy_A_Dad_Dating_Simulator/
store.steampowered.com/app/665400/Dreaming_about_you/
youtube.com/watch?v=wbWRTtd-LU0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It seems I'm going to have to keep a close eye on the thread tonight.

Who is best wife in Stardew Valley in your guys' opinion??

I'm on no particular side, I just want to see what people say.

I would have tried to romance the wizard but he was not a girl, so, I skipped on waifus the whole game.

I maxed out friendship with the literal hobo, though.

>new thread
Now user won't reply to me...

You can link the post you made in the old thread here and repeat the question you dumb

Am I fucked if I ate the bread? I just found out the goddamn giant wants a sandwich.

Goddamn it. I ate it thinking it was just another healing item.

Also: Where's this dev channel / walkthrough you mentioned? I'm stuck with no recourse!

I wasn't much for romance, to be honest.

But I'm a tad sad that the user who whipped this out never made it a mod.

Abigail. :3

>tfw you realize Niko is in cahoots with the Starmen

anyone still playing diablo 3? the general died real fast

Moar OneShot please

I just beat it and requirecontent to repell the crushing melancholy

Buddy, it took about 7 weeks after I got the ending for me to mostly get over it.
I counted

Nikopost the pain away.

It's almost as bad as the first time I got through Undertale, before the fandom nuked it from orbit and banished it to the shadow realm that is.

Living alone (or alone and on graveyard shifts like me) makes these games impact hard.

Thanks nigga

Marnie
jk it's Haley

>when you finish oneshot and you feel empty inside
:(

Just gotta Nikopost harder senpai.

i cant find any information online about dusk except youtube, does it have an official site or somewhere i can get the beta version or whatever stage in development its in?

>type dusk game in google
store.steampowered.com/app/519860/DUSK/
Really user.

fuck sorry

You will never see the real Niko ever again

T-that's okay... user says I just have to nikopost the pain away

Yeah it'll be fine, check this pic of Niko eating pancakes
You'll never get to taste them for yourself

Stop avatarfagging as cancer.

>posted two wojaks
>avatarfagging

I'm sorry for your befuddlement

>No triggers
>No Rhino Skin
Jesus, I don't even know how I got this far into Loop 2.

>put almost 200 hours into the binding of isaac
>find the missing poster in a regular run for the first time today and get it early on too
>sacrifice room never spawns

Why do I still play this shit game?

Is that version text on at all times?

No it only shows when you die

>200 hours
you are like a baby

Long range assault rifle build is actually pretty good once you get Critical Power. Not OP or anything, but decent. Emporion fight was much easier than I expected.

Once you have Critical Power a single crit can deal like 300-500 damage, usually enough to drop most regular enemies in 1 shot, 2 tops. I still can't engage at ranges a sniper could because ARs have terrible precision drop, but with a bit of luck I can kill more enemies each turn than a sniper could. Only 5% move penalty and no close range penalty makes things a lot easier, I can break the line of sight, hide behind corners, etc. freely.

My favourite colonist on Rimworld got blacked.

Time to start a new game.

Just finished the Buzzer quest, is the game telling me to git gud by throwing Faceless at me?

dumb r9k faggot

>throwing Faceless at me
You don't need to fight a single Faceless in the entire game though.

I didn't have high enough Persuasion to save Buzzer and be in good terms with them at the same time.

>last played subnautica before the prawn suit update
>never got cyclops
>play it again, can't wait to finally build it
>it's apparently garbage now

You still don't have to kill other Faceless though.

That's great, if I couldn't deal easily with two then more would be a nightmare.

Does a single life matter this much to you?

Maybe he cares about high quality electronic components. I know I do.

RIP Flash (in 2020)

Post good flash games before Adobe destroys all of 2000s internet culture forever

Kingdom Rush, tho it's on Steam too now.

>Sonny will stop existing
rip zombie of grinding

No, but decent plasma dischargers or wave amplifiers are too rare.

Just beat Ultra Greed Hard for the first time. Had to basically break the fucking game to get it down. Blank Card + Ace of Diamonds and exhausted the item pool. Not proud of the win, but glad I killed that fucker. Hardest boss for me so far. Completed the post-it for Isaac.

The Ultra Greed fight gets way easier as you continue to do it. I'd say Delirium is the hardest boss for me.

I started my day playing Tokyo-42, it's some isometric world where you become an assassin to prove the world you're not an assassin.
You need to rotate the world all the time, kinda annoying in the middle of a fight since you can leap to your death because of the perspective.
I got a katana but I can't get close to people even if their bullets are slow as hell. Fug.

I remember taking more screenshots, don't know why they didn't get saved.

Probably one of the coolest things to do in Underrail.

Why is killing Todor not considered optimal? He's way too sloppy to be useful.

It's pretty suspicious for him to be killed in the most secure prison in the entire South Underrail don't you think?

Suspicious enough to keep the guards on their toes.

Hey /indie/.

Expedition soon.

Ultra Greed himself I've beaten a couple dozen times. Beat him enough that I've unlocked Keeper. Hard mode is what was getting me down.

Haley

what gaym?

Prime memes.

It's Baby from Lisa the Joyful.

Sonny's getting a steam remake actually

Dragons Dogma is shit!
Shitty repetitive and mindless combat and shitty MMO tier quests, you all tricked me!

Ya'll faggots don't know that Niko is a castrated male cat.

A testicular cancer survivor? What a little soldier

Still cute.

Hmm...

Checked

Throughout my almost two-decade gaming history, there were 2 games that I envied from console gamers: Dragon's Dogma and Red Dead Redemption.

It's arrival to PC made me experience the most honest hype I've felt in the past 5 years. And I don't play J-/ARPGs (at all) but only traditional Western ones.

Yet I enjoyed DD from the first minute and it took more than 100 hours until I craved for variety. So first and foremost, did you reach Gran Soren already?

What's your favorite indie game this year?

That I've played this year or that has come out this year?

Probably Hollow Knight, but i'm having high expectations for Darkwood.

Hollow Knight, nothing else comes close

Here it is.

My magnum opus.

dragon's dogma is fun
you should try a different class if you find it repetitive and mindless

>start browsing indie games on Steam b/c
>bump into this right in first page of New and Trending section
>store.steampowered.com/app/654880/Dream_Daddy_A_Dad_Dating_Simulator/

I haven't heard much of it but I believe that's solely because of Game Grumps voicing characters in it?

>The Dream Daddys have cute jailbait and loli daughters
>Can't fuck them
>mfw

Niiice.

So, time to retire, huh? We'll miss you, bre.

>So, time to retire, huh?
I still have a playthrough to finish but after that I don't think I will touch the game until Expedition comes out.

Castle in the Darkness is a very nice game if you can look past or ignore all those fucking references and god knows how hard that was to me at times.
This game is lucky the gameplay is so good, on par with Odallus even in gameplay, music and leveldesign albeit in a different flavour.

I didn't even know there are games with such content on Steam. In the meantime, I bumped into another one: store.steampowered.com/app/665400/Dreaming_about_you/

>7000+ achievements

what

I clicked on the developer name.
Apparently they make really shitty shovelware games where they have achievements that pop up every second.

Did you guys see this: youtube.com/watch?v=wbWRTtd-LU0

I think Grimoire might actually come out.

>leon4545 2 hours ago
>Can hardly hear you speak, stop mumbling

I just got into Oculus. Is this what love feels like?

are ya winnin son?

It's what being thunderstricken feels like. But when the initial shock fades it's the purest of loves.

I hope you die while fapping and your mom has to find you rotting with the remains of your dick out.

Love? The word you're looking for is awestruck.

>Is this what love feels like?
No.

Giving Duff 5000 charons and meeting him later is.

Is this vaporwave?

Yeah NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_3_17 is a pretty good vaporwave song.

I know this. It's the VN with 7000+ achievements right?

There is more than one.