Volvo thread?

Just hit 180k miles on my 2003 V40.

Volv/o/lads get in here

Nice Mazda3

>180k
Is this some sort of significant number?

Sup.

Your V40 the 5cyl?

Sup Veeky Forums

For my next volvo, i'm wanting either a late 90's S70 or Mid 2000s S60. Any thoughts on those? How is the maintenance? I know about the transmission problems in early S60 models which is why literally every one on CL is an 2000-2002 model year.

~290000 kilometers

Is this some sort of significant number?

It's the mileage his car just reached, that's its significance, what sort of autism afflicts you?

I mean it's almost 300,000 but still, 180000 is a GET. Not I my that, for a UK car it's pretty high milage.

1.9D, fucking tank

Ahh right, I've been considering the 5cyl for the missus but probably the V50. Yours auto?

>Burning oil
>Burning coolant
>Horrible vibrations while driving
>Hesitatant starts

Sheeit i don't feel like working on my car, at least i have a month before uni starts

Just got to try this baby out in the snow for the first time. Had a little fun with the DSTC turned off. I really want to find a big parking lot to do some AWD hooning around in.

Also,
>yesterday leaving work in the snow
>start car and clear snow off
>get in and see CEL is on
>drives normal, idk
>today, doing some errands, CEL still on
>low oil level warning comes on
>uh oh
>top up oil and continue with errands, CEL goes off ten mins later
>nervouslaughter.jpg

That's nothing, my dad's car went away around 450000 km

Manual, shifts like butter.
5cyl sounds beautiful though.

>180k
>Laughs in redblock

Damn. My 2008 Saab 9-3 is around 78k and that feels like a lot.

Oil pressure sensor can cause a CEL, check for leaks and maybe replace the sensor.

Had a 850 once, it passed 300.000km during my test drive before i made the deal, best car i ever had. The old volvos where drivers cars, made to work under any conditions and being comfy at the same time and still keeping some sort of sporty feeling. If you get a newer volvo, make shure it has the whiteblock 5cylinder swedish designed engine, and that parts will retrofit with older models. If not you might as well get a ford or a mazda or whatever. Not that they are bad cars, but real volvos are so much easier to maintain.

>>Burning oil
>>Burning coolant
>>Horrible vibrations while driving
Check, check, and check
How many miles you on? 166k here

Good to know, thanks. I should have scanned it while it was on. Actually I just realized I'm pretty sure I know what was. The light came on once before and I scanned it and found it was a code for the exhaust cam position sensor. They're apparently kinda finnicky about oil level. I topped off the oil and it went away. I bet it was that again.

I guess I gotta check the oil more frequently, it seem to go through a decent amount. No leaks that I can see though.

Barely hit 115k lol. Coolant might be a blown head gasket but i have no milkshake oil so idk what the fuck it is. I plan to put camber arms and align/balance my car on Monday.

im at 90k on my 04 v40

>no boxes

Trash thread. Fuck your fwd 850. Yes I saw your odomenter.

The vibration might be the CV axle, was on mine

1990 Volvo 240DL, 260,241 miles

Yo we have the same car, great taste

Saving up for a XC70 right now, looking at a 07 with 100k miles. the dealers listing is about $4k and it looks like its in great shape. sound like a good deal?

Looking at getting a v40/S40 or a S60 D5 next year. Other options are a Subaru Legacy or a Saab 93.

Those Volvos any good?

>Volvo thread
>it's entirely nu-Volvo
Lmfao what a disgrace

nu-Volvo as in post 1998?

whats wrong was wrong with the more recent generation volvos?

bro my 2000 s40 went for 283,000 miles.
no major work.
serpentine belt snapped and got under a cover the mechanic never shut and threw off the timing.

Come spring I need to get this turd ready for race season.

Is it a T5 or GLT?

I am at 85k on my 2004 v40. 2.0ltr engine, drives great and I like the heated seats.

Capta:higgon nissan

Nice 8fiddy. Mine had somewhere around 300-400k miles when it died. Only died because didnt do PCV then gave it to someone else warning them about it but they ignored. RIP you beautiful white bitch.

Forget 40's thoose are cheapish compared to 60. Had mine for 50k kms and nothing major. Very good on rust. Pre-facelift models tend to eat suspension parts, balljoints etc, throttle bodies have been problem with theese, if its changed then good, had mine w/290kkm and original throttle body so idk? Overall very comfy car

Just ordered IPD exhaust and turbo intake for mine this morning. RIP $1008.

Aye....

Well, I have a 240 sedan, 240 wagon, 740 sedan, that's just the volvos... But the wagon is the tow pig.

Yers is clean, nice.