Survey On Car Safety

Hey, people of Veeky Forums!
I have been tasked with a survey to ask people's opinions on today's Car Safety and Technology. So for that, I'll be asking just a total of 6 questions and I request you to answer it all. It won't take you more than 3 mins to complete it.

1. Which of these areas do you live in? (City, Semi-urban, Country side)

2. What kind of climate do you see the most in your area? (Snow, Moderate, Dry or Rain)

3. What kind of vehicle do you own? (Sedan, Hatchback, SUV, Pick-Up truck, a Sports Car)

4. What are your favorite safety features in this car(s)? - (Blind-Spot Monitoring, Rear-View Camera, Pedestrian Safety, Lane Keep Assist, Night/Thermal Vision, or state any)

5. Do you have a garage facility? If yes, what is the height of your garage? - (State a rough idea.)

6. And finally, are you a person who likes a lot of tech features in their car? Or do you like it simple and clean? Or would you like to have a simple device that could aid you in parking, notify the owner of any suspicious activity and also act as security cam instead of all of the complicated tech in your car that you worry of breaking down any soon?

Thank you for taking this survey. Happy Holidays, people!

1. City.
2. Dry and hot as fuck.
3. '14 sedan and an '84 coupe.
4. My sedan has a bunch of that shit and it's honestly just distracting. It tries to nanny you so hard that you don't even really feel like you need to pay attention, which is more dangerous than the alternative imo. The rollover protection is so huge that visibility is completely destroyed.
5. I do not. I park one car in my designated spot and the other one on the street.
6. No. I can park my own damn car. If something breaks or goes wrong, I like it to be my own fault instead of the fault of some poorly conceived device that was installed so they could market the fact that it was included.

FPBP.

OP is obviously Barack Obama. Make cars great again! I want windows, not cameras. And I want to feel the road again.

>1. Which of these areas do you live in? (City, Semi-urban, Country side)
Urban
>2. What kind of climate do you see the most in your area? (Snow, Moderate, Dry or Rain)
Hot and humid summers with humid and very cold winters.
>3. What kind of vehicle do you own? (Sedan, Hatchback, SUV, Pick-Up truck, a Sports Car)
A fucking bus pass, unironically
>4. What are your favorite safety features in this car(s)? - (Blind-Spot Monitoring, Rear-View Camera, Pedestrian Safety, Lane Keep Assist, Night/Thermal Vision, or state any)
the only one that has any place is back-up cameras, and only on large vehicles with bad visibility on their own butts
>5. Do you have a garage facility? If yes, what is the height of your garage? - (State a rough idea.)
I live in an apartment
>6. And finally, are you a person who likes a lot of tech features in their car? Or do you like it simple and clean? Or would you like to have a simple device that could aid you in parking, notify the owner of any suspicious activity and also act as security cam instead of all of the complicated tech in your car that you worry of breaking down any soon?
"tech features" beyond a radio set and aux jack are gay shit for retards

Semi-urban
>2. What kind of climate do you see the most in your area? (Snow, Moderate, Dry or Rain)
Moderate
>3. What kind of vehicle do you own? (Sedan, Hatchback, SUV, Pick-Up truck, a Sports Car)
"Sports Car"
>4. What are your favorite safety features in this car(s)? - (Blind-Spot Monitoring, Rear-View Camera, Pedestrian Safety, Lane Keep Assist, Night/Thermal Vision, or state any)
The driver. I don't even have ABS.
>5. Do you have a garage facility? If yes, what is the height of your garage? - (State a rough idea.)
Garage, 3m
>6. And finally, are you a person who likes a lot of tech features in their car? Or do you like it simple and clean? Or would you like to have a simple device that could aid you in parking, notify the owner of any suspicious activity and also act as security cam instead of all of the complicated tech in your car that you worry of breaking down any soon?
Keep it as simple as possible.

Whatever suburbs fit into
South East Aus, so mixture of rain and fucken hot
2002 Audi A3, so hatchback
None of that shit, apart from crumple zones and seat belts, the best safety feature is having good visibility in all directions
No
Again, none of that shit, good visibility above all else. Reverse sensors and cameras can fail but mirrors and eyes cant

1 city
2 moderate
3 sport coupe, wagon, motorcycle
4 seat belt
5 8
6 tech is cool. Just don’t tie it to powertrain, suspention, hvac, or any other critical component. It should be completely modular and easily fixed

1. Semi-Urban
2. Moderate-rain
3. SUV and a sports car
5. It's mostly used for storing junk but I'd say 10-12 feet, standard garage height
4. Backup cameras are nice. Other than that ABS, seatbelts and airbags
6. I like very little tech in my cars. My 98 Explorer has set my ideal: gauges have green numbers on a black background with amber needles, a small computer in front of the cupholders with large buttons and all info can be reached in 2 or less presses, the radio has a dial for the volume and all the buttons have one purpose. Just replace the tape deck with a USB and aux in and the phone button with Bluetooth pairing. Bam perfect interior

Countryside by Dutch standards, which is probably semi-urban by everybody else.
Rain. Rain, rain and some more rain, untill we get a more rainy winter, or a humid as fuck summer.
GSX1200 - a naked UJM motorcycle.
There are none. No ABS, no TCS, no nothing. It has mirros and indicators.
In other people's cars, I quite like rear view camera's. Going from a motorcycle (with no reverse) to a steel cage means I'm usually bad at estimating how far I can reverse into a parking spot.
Yes, it's about 2m high with the garage door opened, just barely enough for me to stand with my helmet on. Once that's out of the way, it's probably another 40-50cm higher.
I like the fact that there are no electric nannies on my bike, not even fuel injection. I love my heated grips though, they're a godsend for a commuter. Parking is easy, there's a disc lock on my bike at all times when I'm not using it. However, normies would probably like something that can park their car. I'll fully admit I always struggle to park any big trucks and vans I use for work because I'm not used to cars in general.

1. suburban
2. Michigan is a bitch. Summers are too hot, and winters have too much snow
3. 07 sedan, 86 coupe
4. 07 sedan has nothing but abs (which I like). The coupe has nothing at all, no airbags even. however it is super easy to see out of. They are both fine, though I wish the sedan had bigger windows and the coupe had abs.
5. Yes, but I have no clue, probably about 9ft?
6. simple, clean, lightweight, barebones. I like small cars with big windows so I can park easily myself instead of a device to park for me.

Merry Christmas, OP.

>Semi-urban
>Moderate half the year, snowy the other
>'17 Fast(ish) Sedan
>Rearview camera is nice since the rear beltline is so high. Doesn't have the other stuff
>No
>No. Cameras are nice because they add visibility. I don't care for driver aids that can move the vehicle.

Semi-urban
It's Scotland - it's raining
2015 Scirocco so hatchback
I have blind-spot monitoring, disabled. Rear camera enabled but rarely look at it, don't really park anywhere that would have small children or pets messing around the back of the car.
Driveway.
Parking dings, so something that acts as a 360-degree camera to catch those pricks.

1. Semi-urban
2. Pretty much all sorts of weather; summers are dry and hot, winters are cold and slick.
3. Pic related
4. The ability to turn traction off.
5. Yes, ~3m
6. Simple. Even back up cameras aren't a necessity.

1. Semi Urban
2. hot and humid
3. Hatchback
4. Turn off Traction Control
5. Nope
6. Simple, back up camera is nice but thats it. The rest of the bullshit in cars just makes them heavier, more expensive , and a bigger pain in the ass

>1.
Semi-urban
>2. What kind of climate do you see the most in your area?
Moderate
>3. What kind of vehicle do you own?
SUV and Pickup
>4. What are your favorite safety features in this car(s)?
Rearview/backup camera and adaptive cruise contol
>5. Do you have a garage facility? If yes, what is the height of your garage?
Yes 12ft or so
I hate every bit of tech other than my answer to 4 and Bluetooth integration. My truck is a 97 f250 and it would be perfect in every way for me if it had Bluetooth and decent speakers.

Semi-urban.
Subtropical, varying between dry and wet. Mostly wet.
Sports car
Driver and passenger front airbags, ABS
no
>6. And finally, are you a person who likes a lot of tech features in their car? Or do you like it simple and clean?
I don't need shit that'll break and possibly render my car immobile or simply just weigh it down. Substituting simple solutions for silly tech is dumb.

1. Countryside (West germany)
2. Unbearable heat for 2 weeks in the summer, otherwise just rain. No snow ever
3. Lifted SUV
4. Uh... Seatbelts? No ESP, no (working) ABS, no noteworthy steering servo. 4wd and lots of tork for the winter though
5. Nope. Parking outside my house
6. Not at all. If I could do without the steering servo I'd throw that out too. Never had an accident so far, because I learned on this slow af thing, drove it for 6 months until I got my full license, and still own it. I think I know every inch on it, and exactly how to handle it if things get out of hand

1. semi-urban/city (CT)
2. Snow/Rain
3. Hatchback (Fiesta S)
4. Blindspot mirrors. Cheap, easy solution to a problem.
5. Yes. average size? Maybe 10'
6. Hate technology in a car. In my opinion, all cars should have stopped advancing in 1990. I want roll up windows, hydraulic non-electric steering, mechanical throttle with tension wire, no touch screens, standard entry/no electronic keys. I like engine advanceents though, Direct injection can stay.

>In my opinion, all cars should have stopped advancing in 1990.
Do you really want to live without OBDII?

1. Semi-urban.
2. South Ontario, so a mix of snow and sun when you expect it to be sun or snow.
3. Shitbox sedan.
4. Me. My car has no safety features.
5. I have a two-car garage.
6. I want the vehicle to be as simple as possible so I don't have to wrench on a sensor I don't need for two hours.

>countryside
>all kinds of climate, mostly dry and warm summer with occasional rain, but there is also proper couple month long rust season with low temps and salt on the road
>sports car, i think
>i enjoy having mirrors
>temporarily it's makeshift garage made of various elements of enviroment, lots of sturdy wire and large piece of waterproof cloth. it's pretty small.

Right now i'm afraid of having abs in my car because i somehow owned only abs-less cars so far, so i have trust issues. I guess it says something about me and non-obvious technology.

I love concept of car that's as mechanical as possible, without complicated and mandatory electronics. Of course i would never go as far as swapping efi for carbs in my daily, but i love when car feels raw and "basic". I wouldn't remove some kind of parking camera if i'd have one, but i don't think i'll be able to use it on daily basis. And i'd definitely choose a car with less electronics over one with more of it.

Late 90's are best time for cars. Modern ones are pretty much smartphones, designed with assumption that technology can replace the driver. You feel all good and confident and then suddenly your hidden traction control system in your fwd car won't allow you to use throttle in order to get out of the sudden skid, spinning you over. God i'm afraid of it.

What city are you in friend?

Semi-urban

Rain

Hatchback

Rear view camera, parking sensors.

Idk? 2.5 meters?

I hate the tech features. I want a car with nothing in it, save for parking sensors or a backup camera. None of the other shit. Not even a radio.

>Semi urban
>Moderate
>Sports car
>Seat belts, abs, airbags, DSC can be nice when I don't feel like driving intelligently in the snow, just as long as it can be turned off for getting slideways
>No garage
>Just give me 3 pedals and good handling and I'm happy, screw all that automatic idiot prevention crap. I can drive, thank you very much.

1. Semi
2. Dry (commiefornia)
3. track only iNsAnE built miata
4. HANS w/ schroth 6pt but obv cant wear that on the street cause you need a helmet on
5. no
6. fuck no, bare bones/weight reduc/less things break/more conducive to learning how to actually drive (my abs is deleted, de-powered rack, etc etc)

City, semi-dry coastal, sports car, SUV, and sedan. Don't like or want any safety features other than ABS brakes. Garage - yes, standard ht., no tech, simple & clean question 6 - what kind of douche needs help parking?

>City/Semi-Urban
>Hot/Dry and Mild/Rainy
>2008 Pontiac G5
>Airbags and seatbelts, I guess. I don't even have ABS.
>I park on the street in front of my house because my parents use the garage.
>All the tech I want in a car is a sound system with bluetooth, dashcams, and MAYBE blind spot radar for parking lots since a lot of fags drive oversized brotrucks and crossovers

1. semi urban
2. extremes (very hot and dry in the summer, very cold and icy in the winter)
3. sports car
4. nothing
5. yes - ~15 ft
6. no

countryside
dry
fuck you
minivan
I have none of those but high visibility without needing techy extras
yes, idk 15 feet but door is maybe 10?
>6. And finally, are you a person who likes a lot of tech features in their car?
eh
Or do you like it simple and clean?
yes
Or would you like to have a simple device that could aid you in parking, notify the owner of any suspicious activity and also act as security cam instead of all of the complicated tech in your car that you worry of breaking down any soon?
no, paranoia

I take statistics, this survey will be inaccurate and incorrect due to it being a convenience survey and the type of people on this board.

1. SoCal suburbs
2. Dry
3. Sedan ('05 Kia Spectra)
4. What safety features?
5. No
6. I like a basic and unadorned driving experience. I like tech in my car, but only in the form of digital gauge clusters and stereo head units.

it's accurate statistics for a question "do people on Veeky Forums like tech stuff in their cars". Unless you want to say that people who like it won't post here because tech paranoia is strong, vocal opinion while liking parking cams is not feeling strong enough to bother posting - which is some kind of argument

that being said, i truly believe that majority of Veeky Forums dislikes smartphone era stuff in cars.

>I take statistics

So you don't know what you're talking about.

That’s what I’m saying, this board can’t accurately represent all people or even all car enthusiasts for that matter because majority of people on Veeky Forums think the same way about cars

What? It’s basic knowledge if you know anything about surveying what makes a survey accurate or inaccurate

1. Countryside
2. RAIN RAIN RAIN
3.Probably a 'subcompact' by USA standards
4. ABS, airbags, DECENTLY SIZED WINDOWS YOU CAN ACTUALLY FUCKING SEE OUT OF WITHOUT CAMERAS AND SENSORS FFS
5.No
6. To a certain level yes. I want a rev counter, radio, and maybe ABS, airbags are nice. Don't need help parking, I live in a white area so there is no suspicious activity around my 90s jap tin box, and there is no tech to replace

Thanks for the survey user!

1. Suburban
2. 4 seasons, snowy winter hot summer moderate spring/fall
3. RWD Sedan, Cadillac CTS
4. ABS, traction control, a bunch of airbags, advanced air bags, the weight of the car
5. Don't have one
6. The more technology the better I love muh gadgets

Alright matey, Ill take your little quesntionaire

Wee town of 7000

Hot as fuck m8

Dont own one. Dont even have a license.

Would be Stainless Steel bull bar to protect from suicidal roos

Yeah but its full of shit at the moment

No way. I dont even like fuel injection. I am sick of all this technological crap in cars. When the apocolypse rolls around you're all gonna be fucked charging up your little teslas and finding diagnostic machines for your little electronic cars.

Yeah, alright.

Oshawa. I fucking hate it here.

1. country
2. rain/snow
3. hatchback
4. brakes and steering wheel
5. nope
6. simple and clean. minimal tech is what i personally like

1. Detroit
2. 4 seasons.
3. Coupe
4. Structural crash management.
5. Nope
6. I don't care about too much tech. I'm okay with notification, but am not okay with intervention - I'll be okay when autonomy comes out for real.

Peterborough here, just remember that at least it isnt scarborough

Wow, I'm glad I'm getting a lot of responses. I'm giving a huge Thank You to you all before the thread closes.

1. City-ish, center of a 60K town.
2. 4 seasons
3. Sports sedan+Motorcycle
4. I think the favorite is the fact that it is a enclosed vehicle or if you need it to be a device, I´de say ABS-brakes.
5. No
6. As minimal tech as possible. Visibily is better than cameras, skill is better than driving assists. Good lights are essential, but I can´t comment on modern night vision, because I´ve only experience older night vision in the army and it sucked, as it distorted distances.

1. Semi urban

2. Australia (dry and wet)

3. Hatch

4. The airbags I guess, base model 06 fiestas don't even have abs

5. Infinite (uncovered driveway)

6. Simple is better. Ive driven modern cars and it's so easy to forget you are even driving with automatic breaking and cruise.

1. suburban, close to city
2. rain
3. microhatch, soon sports car
4. good tires, 4-point belts, bucket seats and decent brakes
5. no
6. I don't want any wireless communication device and the ability to turn off any electric nanny (ABS, ESP, ASR etc. ) in the car with a swich.
Also I like analog gauges for basicly everything, but at least:
>rpm
>speed
>coolant temperature
>oil temperature
>oil pressure
>manifold pressure

Fuck off NSA

1. City
2 dry
3. Motorcycle
4. Very, very, VERY, VERY LOUD EXHAUST.
5. WHAT?
6. SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU. SOUNDS SWEET RIGHT?

suburban, city and country side.
Moderate, wet and snow
Sports car and suv
Best safety feature for sports car is aux in cause I don\t have to change CD's. For suv parking sensor has helped me enjoy hitting other cars coz its fuckhuge and pigfat
yes. 2.3m or so
Sporstcars if it has anything other than something absolutely necessary i don't like it for suv parking sensor is useful and I thhink they should have all the safety features possible to cram in a car cause people are fucking retarded and need to be able to drive while on their phone
Oh and I fucking hate driving my suv

1. Semi-Urban I Guess? It's too small for a city but it's 5min from a bigger one.
2. Moderate
3. Sedan
4. Non-retracting, manually adjusted shoulder-belts in the front seat only, are this car's most advanced safety feature
5. No, but can use one at work (aircraft hangar) in an emergency.
6. Beyond the radio, I prefer a fairly simple one. Should probably get a dashcam at some point though.

1. Semi-urban
2. Moderate
3. Sedan & Sports car
4. Seat Belts
5. I park my cars outside, my dad has his cars in the garage.
6. No, I like it simple and clean.

Why do you niggers reply to this shit?
They don't even say who they're asking for, they never report back.

1. City
2. Dry
3. RWD Sedan
4. It has good brakes, a good engine and the tires are nice and wide, not a lot of technology.
5. Yup, about 3,5 meters high.
6. The more of the car I feel the better, but I like power steering, hydraulic brakes and clutch. I can park properly and I have eyes so I can see the niggas approaching, so I don't really need all that tech.

>1. Which of these areas do you live in?
City, used to (and prefer to) live in countryside

>2. What kind of climate do you see the most in your area?
Dry/rain

>3. What kind of vehicle do you own?
'03 sedan, '99 sports car, '78 SUV

>4. What are your favorite safety features in this car(s)?
Don't really give a shit about safety features. I disabled airbags in the corvette and they're all too old for stuff like blindspot warning. I just stay sharp and pay attention.

Yes, 8-10 feet high

There are a lot of modern features that I consider to be redundant. Some things I like. Mainly the creature comforts. Heated and cooled seats are very nice, backup cameras and intelligent cruise control are very convenient but I don't have those. A must have is an aux jack for music and that's kind of it for requirements. I like older cars. The more tech features, the more likely that shit is to break. Keep it simple.

Semi-Urban/Suburban
Very fucking dry
A wagon and a sports sedan
They've got airbags
12 feet or so
No, if you can't drive your car alone (without help from a computer) you shouldn't drive at all. The security camera sound interesting, but kind of intrusive.

1. Which of these areas do you live in? (City, Semi-urban, Country side)
city

2. What kind of climate do you see the most in your area? (Snow, Moderate, Dry or Rain)
hot as balls or tropical rain

3. What kind of vehicle do you own? (Sedan, Hatchback, SUV, Pick-Up truck, a Sports Car)
>own
i drive a large sedan and a warm hatch

4. What are your favorite safety features in this car(s)? - (Blind-Spot Monitoring, Rear-View Camera, Pedestrian Safety, Lane Keep Assist, Night/Thermal Vision, or state any)
has none of those. i like reverse cameras though

5. Do you have a garage facility? If yes, what is the height of your garage? - (State a rough idea.)
no

6. And finally, are you a person who likes a lot of tech features in their car? Or do you like it simple and clean? Or would you like to have a simple device that could aid you in parking, notify the owner of any suspicious activity and also act as security cam instead of all of the complicated tech in your car that you worry of breaking down any soon?
i want wheel radio controls, aux jack/usb and id appreciate if we went back to horn buttons instead of pushing the middle of the wheel

1. City
2. Dry, rain or snow
3. Only sedan
4. Mostly using DSC/TCS, rear-view and dash cameras and speed limit notification on head-up display.
5. I have only a place in underground parking
6. I like the tech features in my car but not customs ones. I have added only dashcam with two cameras and parking mode and alarm system with remote control and remote starting the engine.

>city
>dry
>midsize wagon, though it's compact by modern standards
>two airbags, seatbelts, and abs are its most advanced safety features
>no
>I have a dash cam, but anything more than a din radio with Bluetooth and a volume knob is unnecessary, except maybe an HUD

I still need to get the driver's airbag repaired/replaced in my 2012 Mustang. I had a moderate collision in May when the fucking thing deployed.

1. City
2. Dry or Rain
3. Sedan
4. Airbag
5. No
6. No. I like it simple and clean.

>Suburban
>Dry and hot and cold
>Hatchback
>Backup camera, dashcam,
>Just a parking space around 12'
>Would like to have mostly mechanical and as little electronics as possible, except the led lights. Simple device such as a mirror at the back, parking pole at the front corner and thinner a pillar

I've only driven one car with every modern technology in it. Second time driving it, engaged the automatic braking once because I was distracted by the infotainment settings

I live without it, its not a big deal

1. Semi-urban
2. Dry
3. Sedan
4. VISIBILITY
5. Door is 7’-1” high, 8’ inside.
6. SIMPLE AND CLEAN

1. City
2. Rain
3. Sports Car/Sedan
4. None, driver aids are for people who can't drive
5. No
6. Electronics ruined cars

1. Semi Urban
2.Dry
3. Motorcycle
4. lmao
5. Yes, 10 feet-ish
6. Zero tech whatsoever.

I study Business and this is partly regarding my college assignment and because of a Product I wish to create in the future. The survey is totally for knowing the common man's opinion/answers. Also, I'm not even asking for any personal questions tho for you to be freaking out.

1. City
2. Dry and hot as fuck
3. 2 Sports Cars
4. They don't have any.
5. Yes. 15 feet?
6. No, I like it simple.

1. City
2. Snow / moderate
3. Sedan
4. It has some airbags, TCS, and ABS.
5. Nope
6. Not really. I liked the cameras and sensors when using largish vehicles, like S-Classes, or vehicles with horrible visibility, such as camaros.

Are you asking if people would want a camera that mounts in their garage that acts as a parking sensor and a security camera? If so, most normal people, not Veeky Forums, have parking assists and sensors and don't really need another parking sensor.

1. Semi urban/city.

2. North Alabama, so steamy as fuck but hot enough to cook eggs on the pavement or it’ll chill you to the bone.

3. 4 door sedan.

4. None. I don’t trust a machine to fail my ass when I could have Just looked over and checked it myself, and seatbelts can actually do more harm than good.
Also, fuck pedestrians; the road is for CARS motherfucker.

5. Maybe a 10 ft ceiling?
I don’t know. I can’t remember.

6. No. None of it.
The only tech I can think of that i’d Like in my car is a remote lock (that’s still analog when using the key) and power steering.
Everything else can be analog, and is usually cheaper and easier to repair.

Call me a Luddite all you want, but we’re seeing safety mandates start to fuck with the enjoyment of cars.

1. City
2. Almaty: winter we have -20 and snow, fall and spring lots of rain, summer is around 30-40 degrees
3. SUV
4. traction control
5. I have a simple garage with a 3m roof
6. I really don't care about most electronic wizardry although offroading tech has come in handy many times.

>City
>Rain!
>Sports!
>Sharp handling and good brakes make me the best safety system. Troubling!
>Yeah!
>Simple!

1. Semi urban
2. UK, so variable
3. Saloon
4. Airbags, ABS, seatbelt
5. Nope
6. Nope

1. City
2. Rain, No Snow (Florida)
3. Sports
4. ... I have a Seatbelt. No Airbags, No ABS, No Rearview Mirror (but I do have Side Mirrors), no Spedometer
5. I do, one very small car garage. The height isnt too low but the door doesn't open all the way, though the lowered car sweeps under easily, so if you're asking if Id be able to accommodate a taller car, I cannot and wouldn't want to.
6. I really prefer the less tech the better. The ECU accommodating different air/fuel mixtures in differing conditions is nice, but I really just enjoy having as analogue an experience as possible. I find auto-manual (Slap-Shift and Paddle-Shift) to be annoying (but necessary in certain race mediums for the speed of shifting).

What is this, Im getting turned on,

>1. City
>2. Dry and hot
>3. Sports
>4. A want a rear view camera so fucking badly, don't like the rest
>5. No
>6. I welcome tech that help me in tight space maneuvering which I suck at, but I don't like tech "helping" normal driving