/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

MLG hunters edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Weapon Intros: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Gameplay 7/24: youtube.com/watch?v=aGMrgDM7Fco#t=26m10s

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u3stZhat2Yw
youtu.be/e_bBd7v0PUA
youtube.com/watch?v=vgBhaRZhsFY
youtu.be/Gt_Dn65jdSQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anime Y/N?

Anime is back baby

>anime was bad in x and xx but now that mhw is shown to be anime it's totally cool and ok
>"we never wanted a downside to healing anyway" to excuse the fact that flexing is gone and you can now run around while healing as well as dodge roll out of it, completely avoiding incoming hits but keeping whatever percentage of the potion you healed through up to that point
>not only that but there are vigorwasps on the map that also heal you
>infinite fast travels to camp
>focus on monster vs monster scripted encounters and environmental damage and environmental traps, putting the visual spectacle before actually fun and true MH gameplay

Remember how shills used to tell you that MHW will be just like those "old MHs"? Back to the roots and all? Weird how their stance changed completely now.

Can someone post the new life-like animations of the Great Jagra which would never EVER be possible on 3DShit and Shitch?

>People hate XX because it's anime
What other lies did /mhg/ tell you?

>Shitch
Oh hey I didn't know pokebarneyfag is in /mhg/

You are exposing yourself way too early Nintendrone

>guy saying things like "3DShit" and "Shitch" is a nintendrone

Are you ok?

Ever heard of falseflagging? How new are you? What do you need to know?

World drones are delusional, what else is new?

He's not a falseflagger. His name is pokebarneyfag.
He makes about 5 anti-switch threads on /v/ every single day. The fact that you don't even know who he is and think he's a falseflagger outs you as new as fuck.

Anyone have a webm of the switch axe climbing on the monster and having it explode?

I'm excited!

Aria...

>It's on /v/
Ah no wonder, I only browse /mhg/ these days.One mistake is enough.

You're new as fuck if you still actually go to /v/

MHWorld?

See >which would never EVER be possible on 3DShit and Shitch?
>which would never EVER be possible

He's a Nintendrone. It couldn't be any more obvious. They typical response of these people is forcing that MHW can be run on their consoles by saying same engine MHW running on the World Engine and belittling the "complex AI" that Fujioka mentioned.

*tips tinfoil hat*

*despite MHW running on the World Engine.

Needs more anime
I won't be happy until I see people using wyvern fire to launch themselves to the top of the big tree

>latest CapcomTV ep shows MHXX Switch
>they do nothing but watch the environment and be amased

WHY ARE THEY STILL DOING THIS
YEAH SURE ITS LOOK BETTER THAN 3DS BUT THEY SHOULD BE DOING THAT WITH WORLD INSTEAD CUZ THE OBVIOUS GRAPHICS UPGRADE

youtube.com/watch?v=u3stZhat2Yw

Did anyone actually say that World won't be anime?

You can in Frontier

>tfw gaijinhunter and projared said that World harkens back to the good old days
Did they lie, bros? They wouldn't lie to the loyal fanbase right? All I wanted was MH free of animeshit that infested X and XX.

>>anime was bad in x and xx but now that mhw is shown to be anime it's totally cool and ok
The only actual anime stuff that was presented is the LS jumping attack, DB and maybe the SA's face discharge.
LS and DB have always been anime, and even though I don't like that retarded jump attack, I don't really mind everything else. For the SA's discharge, it's the usual discharge combined with the new mount mechanic.
>>focus on monster vs monster scripted encounters and environmental damage and environmental traps, putting the visual spectacle before actually fun and true MH gameplay
No, they only focused on that because it's a new feature. I'm not gonna go look for a monster at the other end of the map to do my job.
And fucking seriously,
>putting the visual spectacle before actually fun and true MH gameplay
Flashy bullshit is X/XX signature, not World's.

>Nintenbabby crying since his idol shills isn't for Nintendo but actually for Capcom
Breaks hearts.

No
People just liked Anjanath's grounded design
Though more people initially complained that it was just a normal ass T rex like their mom had at home

>All this revisionist history ITT
Absolutely fascinating to watch and kinda expected

>People are happy that Arts and Styles from XX are gone
>Children get offended
>MHWorld shows a bit of ridiculous stuff
>Children start howling how it's just as anime as their free Evade +5 + Sharpen roll.

>Old days

Didn't GJ start on 3rd gen

EN video up.
youtu.be/e_bBd7v0PUA

You know, personally I remember being in favor of more grounded monster designs and saying so in thread, but I don't remember actually saying what world is *going* to be, cus what, I'm not fucking psychic. Can't a guy have preferences?

no you're revisoring the history you shill
people only didn't like xx because of anime
nobody thought the game itself was bad
please buy xx for the switch

Irony at its finest.

See this is the kind of stuff I would not like to see in World, but that's not me saying it definitely 100% won't be in it. Shitterss grasping at straws to shitpost, seriously.

>airdashing

Is MH dead?

No because it's Realistic and Animal Planet

Was introduced in 2013 in MH4. Then Frontier introduced Tonfas in 2014 following that.

Stop shitposting, nigger

>Blocking with gunlance.

That's y they carted.

Yes?

I really don't want to have to filter these words but you're forcing my hand

Give me you Navil folder

On all levels but physical, I have become french
I must take to the skies now, for my people are calling to me, but know that one day I shall return
>it ain't me starts playing

why would it be? it's now more like the most successful (and only living) game in the series.

cringe

Still hoping for new weapons at TGS.

They literally confirmed there's only 14 at SDCC

It was confirmed before that

Until the game comes out

>SA
>technical

Gotta put it somewhere

Nah, it's quite small.

Yes I guess. I like they said "HH isn't support only" also.

youtube.com/watch?v=vgBhaRZhsFY
I love how he's putting on a gruff voice for the heavy weapons video.

just like my dick xD. Gib anyway, you slut

Or else what?

>IG is only a light weapon with the attack bonus. Other than that it is basically a glorified GS
Holy fuck these youtube comments

the mask clearly jiggles m8 I don't know what you're on about :^)

Holy fuck those new weapon trailers made my dick hard. I can't wait for World online. I'm gonna stack Covert and Shot Booster and live out my dreams as a jungle sniper.

Yeah Capcom has been trying to get rid of sex appeal in their games lately, RE7 and MvCI were the biggest offenders.

Too bad sniper mode is weapon dependent. You can see in the trailer the guy changed to a bone HBG.

>"Gunlance!"
>Guy proceeds to miss a few times
>"Ah, the gunlance."

>armor made of thick ass monster skin
>jiggle

>Wears tight armor
>"DaFUQ NO JIGGEL?"
Boobs, how do they work?

A woman who properly binds herself to prepare for combat is sexy to me famalamadingdongzilla

HORN IS BACK BABY

So? I'll find the best sniper weapon

Holy fuck Bow looks so fun. Here's to hoping it isn't super popular online.

World is so bad it killed the thread

Answering the retarded motherfucker on the last thread who said Monster Hunter is anime because of Elder Dragons and Giant Swords:

Does that mean The Iliad, The Odyssey, Aeneid, The Divine Comedy, Silmarillion are also weeb anime shit because they have fantastical beasts and weapons?

Every shot feels so weighty, while the character remains so agile. It really reminds me of the DD bow.
The only thing that could ruin it is if it does shit damage despite feeling like it should do a lot. I'm cautiously optimistic.

youtu.be/Gt_Dn65jdSQ
He literally says don't bully HH

How is Bow technical but the Bowguns aren't?

The more i listen to it, the hit sounds for the arrows sound identical to DD arrows.

Beautiful, I'm buying a PS4 only for this game and Dragon Quest XI, gonna waste hundred of hours on this one, can't wait to see the new elder dragons. How are the chances Sony allow crossplay between PS4 version and PC version?

Am I the only one that hates these voiceovers? make it seem like those shitty mobile game adverts for kids

>How are the chances Sony allow crossplay between PS4 version and PC version?

Threadly reminder

Little to none since they burned a lot of those bridges recently.

Holy shit did you see the way Jagras' hairs can flop around? Fuck all this move set discussion, we floppy ropes now.

Why are you laughing? This is a thing for some games and Sony seems pretty close to Capcom regarding Monster Hunter World since they will get exclusive content.

>the guy liked all the nintendo trailers
unbiased desu

I'm laughing because they have already confirmed no cross play.

Sony specifically don't want crossplay between platforms, this has come up with some other games if I remember right
Microsoft is fine with it, apparently, so PC and Xbone crossplay might happen, but it's unlikely if sony doesn't want it

Facts can't be biased, go take a look for yourself if you're unsure.

That's right everyone, remember that a game is only as good as its projected interested.

Why is frontier crossplay only on pc/ps4/ps3/vita? Why is ddon crossplay on pc/ps4/ps3?

>Because other things did things before anime did them, that means they can't be part of anime
>Pretending that that guy was actually making that point and not responding to the faggots who were calling everything anime and saying the series was ruined
Kill yorslef

Probably something to do with Japan only

You need a youtube account to like and comment on videos, youtube isn't that popular in japan, but monster hunter is massively popular

I assume because they were made and set up before Sony's current "no cross-play" attitude set it, or they just don't bother with Capcom Online Games titles.

Those show it's possible, but they just aren't doing cross-play for World and other recent titles for some reason.

>The greeks invented anime

Just goes to show how much Capcom failed at getting westeners to give a shit. This game will flop. Hard.

Probably has more to do with subscriptions.

Maybe
I thought DDON was F2P?

Yeah, and then they'll release the REAL MH5 on the Switch, am I right Nintenbro?

Well, that's sad but not so bad since most people will probably buy it on PS4 in the west and it's exclusive to PS4 in Japan, so that's where the majority of the userbase will be anyway.