/ink/- Splatoon General

:thinking: edition
Last thread: Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- The next NA/EU Splatfest is Mayo vs Ketchup, to be held in the first weekend of August.
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) - The Inkbrush is out now!
- New updating patching exploit and tweaking special costs: en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/p/897

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0
>S2 New weapon stats
-imgur.com/a/NFzgv

>S2 Headgear
-imgur.com/a/9w8lx
>S2 Shirts
-imgur.com/a/gUexS
>S2 Shoes
-imgur.com/a/Cq7La

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord
- Nope.

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13546026
youtube.com/watch?v=nK7O4TDPCvg
dickssportinggoods.com/p/field-stream-fish-icon-sport-cap-15fnsafsfshcnsprtfac/15fnsafsfshcnsprtfac?categoryId=225733
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DON'T BREAK THE LAW

Reposting as this needs more more votes:

Which weapons do you consider to be crutch weapons, /ink/? The top 5 or so will be put in a future Strawpoll to determine the biggest crutch weapon in Splatoon 2.

strawpoll.me/13546026

If the weapon you think is a crutch isn't in this list, respond to this post with the name of that weapon.

I already got a very helpful answer but I'll post again.

I never really touched the brushes in splatoon. But I just got Splatoon2 yesterday and just started to use the inkbrush. It seems pretty fun and I do well with it, but I'm also being paired off with low-level people as of now.

Is the inkbrush viable? or are their better options. I saw someone with a thicker brush and a bunch of movement speed and ink recovery buffs. Is that better? I love the inkbrush's flailing attack, it covers so much ground. Does the bigger brush cover as much from the attack? I just got some pretty sick clothing loaded with Ninja, speed buffs and ink recovery.

Now that the Luna Blaster has been nerfed badly, does /ink/ still consider it a shitter crutch weapon? Can it finally be considered a respected weapon like the Rapid Blaster, Squiffers, and the -o-matics?

The octobrush (the bigger brush) is OP

Eh. I don't want to use anything to OP.

>Caring about crutch weapons
Use what you want. Nerf or not it is fun to use.

Anyone got that image of pearl saying nigger?

ggs sno
Need one more for Salmon

Should we not even have two people on one boss at a time or what? There gets to be so many at once how do we prevent that from happening?

>Octobrush: 3hit splat, longer range, 2nd fastest paint speed, second lowest paint coverage
>Inkbrush: 5hit splat, shorter range, fastest paint speed, lowest paint coverage
Spot the viable weapon

how do I join

add SW-0025-2422-1448

Give me 45 seconds to piss

is there a ability tier list?
or a weapon and and suggested abilities for it chart?

best girl

Alright let me accept the requests. If the room closes I'll remake.

>45 seconds
Are you a girl?

>Lost her foot to gangrene

I find that when a team focuses on one boss at a time, all bosses and enemies converge on the same location, causing congestion. This usually happens because early in the round, everybody rushes to the first boss that spawns, kills it, drops the eggs, then the team runs off to then next boss they see.
SR tends to work out better if the players travel in pairs to opposite sides of the map.

can i uninstall the update to get more tickets?

why does she seem like a person that is a friend of your mother and would casually give you a handy if you asked her to?

>He doesn't wash his hands

No but my bladder is mighty powerful with a massive urethra

Profreshional 70/99
Level 23
FC: SW-5969-6755-1960
ID: Wario
Add me and I'll hop in tomorrow's Salmon Run

Does /ink/ listen to music while playing Splatoon?

youtube.com/watch?v=nK7O4TDPCvg

Now I prefer the in game music.

What kind of baby bladder do you have?

Gonna copy paste this
You can earn tickets playing Salmon Run.
The whole reason Salmon Run is a timed event is because if it was always active, people could just grind that for tickets and bonuses and when they had like 50 tickets they would go back to the MP Lobby and not come back to Salmon Run for 1000 multiplayer matches, leaving Salmon Run deserted for a long period of time.
Additionally, Tickets are a bonus, not a buff, to players who show dedication to the game by making time to play Salmon Run or grind for 10 hours in the singleplayer.
I mean, remember how you used to only be able to earn Super Shells by participating in Splatfests? Again, this is a game that gives bonuses to dedicated players, which gives incentive for other players to become dedicated, therefore lengthening the lifespan of the game

You piss on your hands?
2 things.
You wash away all the oil and dry out your hands, and if you do it every time you piss they'll be dry 100% of the time and your skin won't keep out disease as well.
You're helping create super diseases!
I'd rather everyone literally piss on their hands and the door is really heavy so you have no choice but to grip it well to open it.

I swear I'm cursed to always get the Pro on the first wave

Kek Wrong pic

God damn it, user. It's waaaay to early for that. Maybe if you've been playing for half a year.

Why would you even say this?
It's not like you're going to make people wait for 10 minutes so I'd figure a 45 second delay wouldn't even be worth announcing.

The deed is done.

Do you feel accomplished or do you feel you wasted your time?

Why would anyone EVER want the Charger for SR.
Basically any weapon that slows you down while firing is going to be a huge detriment in SR, as you need to backstep away from the salmonids while firing in many situations.

I want to break this adorable squid.

Do I just suck at Salmon Run or am I doing it wrong?

Every time, I get to go-getter and then the game switches from 'salmon are like baby' easy to 'SEND THE NUKES, OUR MEN ARE DEAD ANYWAY' nonstop boss rush hard and I get knocked back down. I don't think I'm THAT bad at the game but then again people in here are all Profreshionals and I'm not

Squids have no bones. I'm sorry Mr. Pro-Wrestler man

Absolutely accomplished. I love being a completionist.

>tfw I get carried pretty much every game with splatling
Fucking infuriating.

I'd love to help you but I don't know what I am doing that you aren't. Git gud I guess? Or something.

I don't piss every 10 minutes and what good is my immune system if I don't keep it sharp by testing it every now and then?

That's fine. There are other ways to hurt someone than just physically.

do not bully
u have been warned

Yes, it's still a shitter crutch weapon, at least for TC

Come on man. Look at this slutty little idiot. She's practically asking to get horribly taken advantage of.

How do I use the Baller effectively?

>Not even a profreshional and he's bitching

It's all a matter of strategy. Try to pick off bosses on the edge of a horde, slip through grates and jump off walls when you feel overwhelmed, learn when the special you have is most effective, never fight enemies while surrounded; just try to get away, stick near your teammates but don't bunch together or the entire horde will attack one spot, kill stingers, flyfish and drizzlers ASAP; multiple ironheads are tolerable without those three pestering you at range, when targeted by grillers or steel eels; try to focus more on evasion and take shots when you're adequately out of their range, throw bombs at large groups of chum, cohocks and smallfry as killing them faster is more important than conserving ink

Can any piece of gear show up in splatnet? It says exclusive gear but I've seen some of them in the in-game stores.

Fucking Bucket Man looks so happy with is bucket lol

haha yeah

GGs salmon boys I'm done for now. Was very good.

Every gear piece minus the amiibo and single player stuff can be found on Splatnet. What makes it exclusive is the main ability on it, as they have a different one than the one found in-game. For example the Pilot Goggles just went up with Sub Defense Up instead of Sub Power Up

I'm sick of playing with randos in salmon run, anyone have a space?

Same thing, easier to read
It's all a matter of strategy.
>Try to pick off bosses on the edge of a horde
>slip through grates and jump off walls when you feel overwhelmed
>learn when the special you have is most effective
>never fight enemies while surrounded; just try to get away
>stick near your teammates but don't bunch together or the entire horde will attack one spot
>kill stingers, flyfish and drizzlers ASAP; multiple ironheads are tolerable without those three pestering you at range
>when targeted by grillers or steel eels; try to focus more on evasion and take shots when you're adequately out of their range
>throw bombs at large groups of chum, cohocks and smallfry as killing them faster is more efficient and gives you a chance to regen ink

That team actually looks pretty fresh. Looks like a squad of bullies where the roller guy beats the shit out of people while his girlfriend eggs it on, with their insane sidekick bucket guy and the new kid with the aerospray

I need a tank top in my life but no one is wearing any.

I get 6 on a good day, I'm going to kill myself or watch some Jap play it.

> top 5
> aerospray and octobrush are leading by a wide margin

Who wants to join SR?

When I unlock adding slots I'll probably find a nice tanktop and make it amazing.

I'd like to, thanks. 2440-0681-5242

If your enemy is in a position in which they:
>A can avoid/flee you easily
>B are aware of you
>C can destroy the baller easily
then you should retreat until you have a chance at a surprise attack. the strength of the splashdown and baller is the element of surprise.

me do

Look for tasheenka in the FC list in the OP

someone posted about wanting a salmon run-hat so here's a fishing hat

dickssportinggoods.com/p/field-stream-fish-icon-sport-cap-15fnsafsfshcnsprtfac/15fnsafsfshcnsprtfac?categoryId=225733

>Fireflies on high tide spawning ground
literally how is anyone supposed to survive this.

>demoted from Profreshional
>overachiever and still falling
Fuck randoms

>want to watch a japanese player's stream
>he's streaming on openrec and not twitch or youtube

why do japs always have to use their own shit sites?

There's too many gratings for high tides, fuck

Is there a SR lobby up?

Spawning Ground is the one with that raised platform next to the bucket right?
As long as the firefly have stays there, there's only one way any of the salmanoids can approach, funneling them in and making them easy to pick off.

Sorry, have to go now. It was short, but ggs.

Yeah look for tasheenka in the FC list in the OP

>Full stack of Aerospray crutchers
>Think we're gonna get memed on
>this happens

They just kept running headfirst into my fully spun up Splatling and getting BRAAAAAAP'd. Was good game.

>winning the match
>clearly an opponent that disconnects
>"communication unstable"
>enjoy this crack in your meter bitch
literally only in splatoon do you get bullshit like this

today's SR course involves you being able to inkclimb and quickly eliminate threats.

None of which people who bought splatoon can do. If they would just put me with other profreshonals Id fucking take it but it feels completely random.

that hover hand

>0 kills with the stinger

seems to me like YOURE the one using a crutch...

When will we get turtlenecks?

>charger gets one kill on me
>spends the entire kill cam squidbagging instead of covering turf
Who do these people think they're impressing

(you)

If you have a steady hand, it absolutely wrecks Steelheads.

Is my woomy fresh, /ink/?

>Low Tide
>Flyfish taking shots from the very end of the spawning lane

Jet squelcher/SSP do fine against steelheads without getting raped by other salmonids.

>tfw 2 flyfishes spawn
>it's wave 3 so there's a huge horde
>teammates try using their specials on the flyfishes out of desperation thinking that it would work
>it does't
>everyone tossing bombs like madmen
>no one has any ink
>lose game
holy fuck, they need to nerf these flyfishes.

I don't think that records kills, just uses

Because I'm pretty sure I don't get a kill with it every time I use it

she's pretty cute

This game is not good for my fucking health.

The jacket doesn't fit the rest of the outfit very well.

damn what are we doing wrong