Fishing Edition

Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Recently Started Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Making sales and deals
[YouTube] The ULTIMATE ESO Trading guide | BEST Money in game!

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl or @Zrifalas for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write your @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is the game worth playing?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

imperial-library.info/content/keshu
imperial-library.info/content/interview-three-argonians-shadowfen
imperial-library.info/content/dark-husband
strawpoll.me/13551700
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Elder thread, bbs.

2nd for best race

Khajiit and khajiit related funposting

4th for shit costumer support

5th for the mysterious Duskfall event

I am unironically looking forward to some of those super edgy costumes, like the Raven skull mask.

wait what?
what are you talking about?

additional information required

Duskfall is some mysterious event that made the argonians go from Aztec level stuff to literal mud huts. And intentionally as far as we know.

Haven't you played trough Shadowfen yet? Duskfall was an event during the time of the Argonian Empire where someone herped and derped and suddenly they had no connection to the Hist any more.

imperial-library.info/content/keshu
imperial-library.info/content/interview-three-argonians-shadowfen
imperial-library.info/content/dark-husband

What does 'lod' mean in Cyrodiil

>Argonian
>Anywhere in the top 100 races of Tamriel
You do realize that Argonians are literal shit slingers right?

neat, thanks for the reading material!

You're confusing them with bosmers. Unless you consider sap to be veggie feces.

(or if I'm missing something, I must have missed the shit slinging part)

it probably is for some group invite thing as in "lod for invite", must be the abbreviation of a guild name

I think, I don't know

Some guild. Legion of whatever. Does pvp, and use an addon that auto-invites people who say "lod" in zone chat to build groups quickly.

They're pretty ok from what I've seen so far.

What's the prettiest region and why is it Stros M'Kai?

that's a weird way to spell Auridon

>tfw internet shit out during a siege

Bangkorai, both North and South.

So where's the Centaurs?

gw2?

>Camera sensitivity randomly changes when playing with a controller on pc
ty zenimax

Tiber Septim's Dragon Break that deleted the Cyrodiil jungles also introduced centaurs to the world and retroactively changed all historical texts and people's memories to make everyone think they always existed

>CHIM: Not Even Once

>Tiber Septim's Dragon Break that deleted the Cyrodiil jungles
I want this meme to die. When would he have done this? Between when the games Morrowind and Oblivion took place?

He forgot to change the history books in the Morrowind region

Should have changed the memories of the Imperials you ask.

>AD controls most of map
>pushes the gate keeps
Finally got my last 2 shards :^)

The zones are overall pretty good, and I like the cities themselves. Raw'kha and Dune are cool. So is abah's landing. I basically have a hard on for desert merchant cities and they're done well.

Who /never pvp/ here

what do you do, then?

I have only killed one person :/

I just don't PvP breh
I have 3 characters, never needed it

A month ago I assumed that anyone clearing vMA on anything less than a broken OP sorc was cheating

Just recently I earned The Flawless Conqueror on a DK like it was no big thing.

I hate PvP in this game. PvP builds, PvP balance is so asymmetric that's there is no contest that actually matters.

Cyrodiil is actually one of my favourite zones to hang around in.

I also finally got Assault and Support to 10 without ever engaging in PvP (from village quests and stopping at out-of-the-way castles to repair walls mostly). About a year after I started on the character. Right before they announced the double AP event of course.

Cyrodill was a jungle and it was cool. There was no mistake here. That's really what it was.

Oblivion happened and game sales took front seat over lore integrity. Morrowind release on xbox was HUGE $$$$ to Bethesda and they took a hard turn into broadening their IP with more mainstream appeal. They wanted a setting and plot that was a more traditional fantasy RPG with minotaurs, medieval knight feel, and demons. So they placed Oblivion in Cyrodill focusing on the Imperials and remade Cyrodill from a jungle and into a forest, and that decision was hand-in-hand with the decision to build Oblivion from the ground up for console.

Without question, the retconning of Cyrodill into a traditional fantasy medieval setting is the greatest transgression against the integrity of The Elder Scrolls universe.

You don't defend it.
You don't try to excuse it with lore.
You just accept the reality of the situation and that was to pay for their kids dental plan, some middle-aged american fat dads sold out an interesting video game lore piece for some dollars.

It just is what it is.

>middle-aged american fat dads
what?

Lets see how degenerate this general is
strawpoll.me/13551700

I legit suspect PC/NA is a stealth scalie guild

I get 10 fps in cyrodil. Dropped to 4 few times. Battlegrounds is meh. But pre mades and macros killed it. All my group was 4 randoms and we faced with 4 premade friends. They literally farmed us.

>Furry shit
No thank you

How annoying is it going to be to get one single battlegrounds win if I don't know jackshit about pvp? Last achievement I need for this event, I got all the others by just joining bigass zerg groups and fucking around

Parts of Sanctum Ophidia make me think that the Serpent's goal is to undo this, and Make Cyrodiil Jungle Again.

Sooner or later you'll get carried by someone who knows what they're doing.

This.
Additionally, even if you do know what you're doing, chances are you'll go up against a premade that'll wreck you no matter how good you are. Just go in there and press some buttons.

pretty place bubp

>it's a CTR episode
>get the relic, being chased
>go to upper level on that forest/temple map
>jump off and dodge roll backwards
>dirty fall damage 10k health
>they both follow right in front of you
>dawnbreaker
get fucking rustled, senpai :^)

>be me, tdm on ularra
>Oh shit its krotha we're gonna get fucked
>Complete opposite, we're the ones doing the fucking
>i should watch his stream he's probably talking shit but decide not to because unnecessary lag
>Go 16-0
>tune into stream later
>" This piece of shit proctard has no deaths? Really? that's nice."
I feel proud as shit for this, i love doing exceptionally well in bgs.

who is that fag and why are you posting him?

The one true hero of ES Cuisine :V)!

he's a food wizard who has created transdimensional portals to import Tamrielian cuisine

nice one wrath of wrobel, 18 assists, 4977 points.

Wrobels blessings upon ye lad. Only proc set i got is velidreth btw

That was a great quest. Almost every quest in Wrothgar was awesome, now that I think about it.

love how always complaining about his team, I mean yeah they are shit but he's literally muhh I-ing in team. He might actually be able to carry them if actually let them help him, all takes a retard pocket healer doing nothing but spamming 1 button BoL and you'll never die.

If its uploaded to youtube, you need to make a new account and just leave a message along the lines of "all skill, better luck next time sweetie ;)"

Complaining and shit-talk is part of krotha, its literally inseparable from his being, even if he had a good team going and lost he'd still bitch.
While this would be funny, i even considered following him and leaving a message like "Get wrobled" It would open up a can of worms that i would rather not open. BG/PvP politics get dirty quickly, more so with retardation

>BG/PvP politics

That phrase boggles my mind. Seriously, the game gives you skills and gear, you pick what works and play. If someone doesn't like it they don't have to use it, but just because they don't like it or use it doesn't mean other people can't.

convince me to get this game instead of sinking all my free time in the forseeable future into Guild Wars 2

not looking for attention i've been playing gw2 for like 2 days and can't decide if i wanna pay to see how ESO is

When people have a hard time beating something, it's easier to shame use of it rather than getting better or discovering counters.

It would be cool if there was a set that could reflect a proc back onto the attacker, or it you procced onto a person using it your proc would be nullified and the person being attacked did like a 10k PBAoE or something. Give it a decent cooldown, 6 seconds, so it wouldn't be an instant "i win" defense, would defend against the first attack but a follow up from a second opponent or another proc would still be painful.

it would also be cool if there was no proc stuff :^)

It has better combat, the entrance fee deterrs a lot of brazillians and underage, no p2w, great lore (it comes frome TES, for fucks sake) and the feature from GW2 where you are scaled to areas is here but implemented better. You can be lvl 3 questing and doing dungeons with a lvl 50 and you will both get level appropiate rewards, I got to max lvl with a necromancer in gw2 and rarely did dungeons because nobody fucking cared. Endgame is actually relevant in ESO.

wew. now that I've got the laurel and achievement hunting isn't looming over me, cyrodiil is pretty fun.

Oh yeah you should check the PvP forums, especially the non-cp one. PvP guilds and players literally flinging shit at one another. Its fucking retarded, shaming and using crutch excuses for dying in pvp. I can't tell you how many times i've been teabagged over it, and then killing the people that do it

I do like the changes that are coming, like proc sets giving the person a moment to be able to evade it, like red mountain or selene giving a 1 second chance to evade. Or stuff like vipers doing its damage over a period of time instead of all at once. Honestly I have no problem with proc sets that give you a moment to dodge or counter them. The ones that do all of their damage up front and are unavoidable are a bit cancer, but whatever, its in the game so you can use it, not like its an exploit.

Honestly there's a real balanced to be had with proc sets non-nb medium armour builds really have nothing fucking else to run, especially that entire passive wasted on fucking stealth.

Stygian or Rattlecage for magblade pvp? Rattlecage looks better on paper, gives me the same Major Sorcery buff (except all the time instead of only in stealth) on top of a shitload of extra spell damage and defense, but maybe I'm missing something

Last day I get to play for the event, was fun, kinda need to get into PvP more.
Looking for a good Stamblade build that doesnt rely on procs, using shackle and arhcers mind now

Mother of god, I went and looked. So much salt. Just play the game guys. People complain about alliances night capping the map, its a fluid population, what did they expect? It to save their progress and for them to come back the next day with everything as they left it? If an opposing alliance has everything capped, that just gives you more targets to attack. I have pvp with a fucking passion, I just want to get the last two ranks I need on my stamsorc for caltrops and the couple ranks I need on my tank for warhorn then I am out.

You've only seen the half of it, be a good pvper and you get teabagged by those who zerg and are otherwise easy targets. Welcome to Non-CP PvP

Why do people like you take teabagging so seriously, I just teabag and do /sick on corpses in zergs because I think it's funny, I know I suck and there's a good chance in a 1v1 they'd wipe the floor with me, and I don't give a shit if someone else teabags me either

That is why I hate pvp. I hate that such good pve skills are locked behind it, but it is what it is, I'll try to get the skills. What frustrates me is that when I get in I try to join a group and the response is usually "who are you? we need good people." I try to follow the zerg, but since I'm not in a group they won't rez me since I am just cannon fodder. I don't have the gear sets, experience, and just plain skill to 1vX groups of players, and I have never been good at ganking, no matter which MMO I play.

I fully acknowledge that pvp is not fun for me, and I don't try to have it changed to make it better for me, there are plenty of other options for me to have fun in the game. I just wish that 4/5 times that I try to get somewhere I didn't end up getting ganked by a small group of nightblades, or that group of magblades that were camping the gates outside of the keep with no other way to get out of our own alliance camps the other day, or simply join a zerg then not get a rez when they move on. Little things.

The fuck, you've had like the opposite experience I have, whenever I enter cyrodiil I type x or lod (a DC pvp guild's abbreviation) and immediately get into a 30 man zerg group, and even if I'm not in the group whenever I die someone risks their ass to res me unless I'm literally right in the middle of the enemy zerg, and I'm about as trash at pvp as they come

What faction are you in

I never had this experience, most everyone is working together in the campaigns I've played and if you die in a siege someone will be around to rez you.
Maybe it's because I don't play in groups only follow the action but everyone seems pretty good about team work.
I got Caltrops using just my PvE build no changes and hit almost 1 mill AP this event with a beginner PvP build.

>I hate that such good pve skills are locked behind it
yeah and I hate that BiS PvP sets are locked behind some of the hardest PvE content, try farming vRoM for fucking amberplasm jewellery that's real pain.

EP on that character. When I went in the map was 70% yellow 30% blue. After getting ganked trying to get out both gates, I managed to get a few people together and we got out and joined up with another small group to take a keep so we could transit out of our own camps.

After that, it all fell apart. The group broke down to join the other larger group, I asked for an invite and was told that they didn't know me. I followed them to another keep, and set up two catapults to take down the doors. When the door went down I stowed the catapult I was on and someone else jumped onto my other one and took it. I asked why and their response was that they were a streamer so I should be thankful for helping them and to fuck off. By the time we got inside DC was already there to defend it, several ballistas on the flag and oil pots above us, and they had a few people stealthed set up ballistas behind us. It was a total wipe, so instead I followed them to a farm near a different keep.

We get there, start to take the farm, I get killed by a nightblade from stealth (I was only level 17 on this alt). The nightblade got killed quickly by the group, but no one would rez me. All of the NPC guards were dead, no other players around, and I was right by the flag, no rez. They capped the farm and moved on, leaving me dead with no keep nearby to rez at.

EP is full of the most obnoxious faggots in my experience, but it sounds like you just had a fluke of a shitty experience too, people usually aren't dickbags like that

Could be the campaign too, join Non-CP and level suddenly doesn't matter anymore so people are less likely to snub you and let the 630 guys carry them

fuck's sake this delay when holding Q to select shit is driving me nuts
is there any way to lower or get rid of this delay?

or to fucking hotkey potions and shit to different keys instead of using this consolized piece of shit interface?

pretty sure on of the UI addons brings a hotbar for the consumable selector, never tried it though just remember seeing it

>get wrobbel'd

Now I want to do this. Someone do it and open that can of worms.

I it's included in AUI, don't use that part of the addon so not sure if it's configurable or not though.

The addon you are looking for is AUI (Advanced UI)

>can't take screenshots in character select
like, why

>EP is full of the most obnoxious faggots in my experience
Is this what happens when you bunch skyrimbabbies and slave/slaver RPers into one faction?

waifufags

In the Horns of the Reach update you'll be able to take screenshots in character select. Shit bothers me too because I'll have to change display settings, print screen, paste in paint then save.

no, you twat

I just wanted you guys to r8 my low level warden

>dreads
>green tunic to accent the eyes
>right hand held daintily

poofter/10

High champion point players are literally cancer 9 times out of ten in my experience.

>get into cradle of shadows
>recently got back into the game on a new account
>currently 150cp healer
>everyone else is 500+
>host takes aoe after aoe in the face
>continue to the first boss
>nobody can fucking dps and it seems like I have to play all three roles
>get fed up and make them do it by themselves while I just heal
>waste 30 minutes watching the boss slowly die
>they all say good job and berate me after
>start going all out until the second boss
>fail after fail after fail I start trying to explain mechanics
>get told to fuck off because I apparently know nothing and I'm apparently shit
>when all they do is let the braziers get put out and take her insta kills every time
>host is literally brain dead playing a templar archer whining that he has to "carry everyone"
>yet all he does is poison injections and stands still
>tank does nothing but stand there blocking while the boss charges their insta kill
>other dps just jumps around pretending he's a fucking ninja dropping his aoe's in the wrong place
>I give up after 20 attempts and leave
>get obnoxious hate mail from host
>challenges me to a "1v1"
>push his shit in
>he goes stealth mode
>never heard from him again

Fuck every one who is like this I hope I never get into a random vet get dungeon with anyone like them again.

>I hope I never get into a random vet get dungeon with anyone like them again.

see you in the next one bb

>salty frog poster
>blog
blocked and reported

>challenges me to a "1v1"
>push his shit in
that must of felt so good tho

Two questions:
1. for DB bonus objectives, does Blade of Woe work for the "kill with poison) obj if you have a poison applied?
2. Does Almalexia's Lantern affect your ability to stealth?

I hope you shadowplayed that duel. Or at least took a screenshot of him dead.