/fg/ - Falcom General #29

Previous Thread: Journalism Edition

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- New Gematsu article on CS3: gematsu.com/2017/07/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-details-alisa-elliot-laura-jusis-machias

- Short teaser trailer of CS3: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII is back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS3 scans: twitter.com/Gu4n/status/877415040466337793

- Trails of Cold Steel I & II confirmed for a PC release, first game will be released on August 2nd.
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163180020530/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-pc

- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive, details such as the story and some new characters have been announced, such as Tita, Agate, Tio and Randy confirmed

- Ys 7 announced for a PC release: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-coming-pc-via-steam-summer

- Zwei II e3 trailer gematsu.com/2017/06/zwei-ilvard-insurrection-e3-2017-trailer-screenshots

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4 and Vita still scheduled for late 2017

>Other not-so-new news

- Check out the content of the last Tits FC & SC updates, specially the translation improvements ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization )

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin: pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/8239-how-to-install-and-run-untranslated-visual-novel-text-hooking-tools/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If Shiori is the Twilight Apostle, why did the first Elder Greed attacked her?

2nd for Duvalie

Literally every point she makes is spot on, though.

>Trails of Cold Steel is based on very western themes, Persona is as openly Japanese as it gets, comparing the two in this sense is retarded
>This version of the game is a NORTH-AMERICAN localization by a north-american publisher for a north-american audience. It's not going to be in Japanese.
>If you're mad about the dub only because English isn't your first language, then you need to accept that this localization is not for you. Suck it up and deal with it or play a version that was made for you, if one exists.

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

GIVE IT BACK RIGHT NOW DAMN YOU!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GET OUT EREBONIAMIES

XSeed is fucking shit

You'll be singing a different tune when you open up Cold Steel PC port and discover that you can look up the skirts now.

I won't be playing it.

EOPs were a mistake

>He thinks that the pill arc in Zero was rushed when they leading into it since the intermission.

Nisa is going to hire Sara and Hatsuu for Cold Steel 3. Oh and Tom too just to spite XSeed.

That didn't really stick out to me was improperly foreshadowed, but one thing that did seem to come out of left field was Ernest's assassination attempt on the mayor. There simply didn't seem to be anything pointing in that direction, until suddenly someone mentions a vague rumor they heard and somehow this means he's surely about to kill the mayor right now.

I mean, I know they turned out to be right, but that whole thing was poorly done IMO because it came completely out of nowhere.

>wanting Hatsuu
Please no, she'll whine and bitch until NISA accepts to make the Falcom games dub only.

>being so obsessed with a localization studio that you post about them every day
The xseed """haters""" truly are the biggest tsunderes of this fandom.

Yeah, I think that part was the weakest part of Zero. I would have liked it better if it was the Mafia or something instead.

When do you think they're going to explain properly on what the Happiness stone is supposed to be?

recreational drugs

That's because the Gnosis changed your personality immediately.

This.

If I wanted to look at girls' underwear I can just open the window.

I get your point but it didn't bother me cause by now I suspect every npc who gets a portrait not to mention he was on my shitlist when he kept trying to get Elie to quit the SSS

Reverse-Gnosis

Maybe that's why they didn't use 2D portrait since CS1. Then again, the twists are fucking predictable except Rosine being a squire.

Why do people hate Hatsuu here? Seraphna and Floofy I can get.

What if Sara had been Schera instead? Would that have made Cold Steel better or worse?

It's just one or two extremely vocal shitposters

There's literally nothing wrong with Hatsuu

Sara's fun, Schera not bad, but she doesn't have that much noteworthy about her, aside from when her past was touched upon, and even then she felt fairly secondary to everyone else.

Schera isn't as OP as Sara though.

I wonder if I could get her to tease me over my small dick

Is this how school shooters are groomed?

Altina is sexy

Sara is Schera done right.

Maybe there's no trailer today people.

Refrain from posting incorrect filenames

She's a dumb dubfag bitch. Not to mention she get angry when people call out her shit company on their dub only releases. But what makes me the most angry at her is that she sucked at the SJWs who attacked them over the whole trap word. Plus this whore hates the best girl in Corpse Party.

What the fuck is she even saying here

google translate has something along the lines of "New Class VII. They aren't a good class."

Yes.

>hatsuu hater is just a butthurt waifufag
lmfao

No, that's how you get JUSTICE.

xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from
Since the other anons thread didn't get used and had an additional thing in be sure to add this if you make the next one Also remember to remove embeds

I hope her CSII outfit will be available in the game.

Which one? If pic related, then she is pure shit drama whore.

"Aren't they a good class?", このあほ。

>defending SJWs

"New Class VII is a good class, isn't it?"

Goddammit, that's not what I wanted to post.

When will we find out that both Altina and Millium were secretly programmed at birth to constantly crave the lean mean Rean machine's hard dick?

A pretty rock that the children of the Mercia orphanage assigned meaning to and an also pretty rock with actual power that the Cube of Recluse generated based on the thoughts of the orphans.

@184009450
just take a chill pill and realize that your waifu ain't real lmao

>she sucked at the SJWs who attacked them over the whole trap word
How?
She responded in a proper and professional manner.
Did you want her to sperg out at them or what?
Funny how you fags hating Machias would act exactly like him given the opportunity.

But that's worst girl.

nothing wrong with it

She sperged at actual customers, however sucked to SJWs. She's a piece of shit.
It was Yuka. She even took photos of her breaking apart a Yuka nendo.

How mad would SJWs be if they saw Olivier?

>/fg/ hates Machias for sperging out at nobles at a moment's notice in CS1
>is confused at Juna NOT sperging out at Erebonians and being mostly civil and polite

There was plenty of whining on the internet about how Olivier's portrayal "homophobic" when FC was still the only game in the west

A few got mad, actually, but literally no one's heard of those podcasters and/or posters. Even Trails fans who happen to be LGBT like him.

>bi character portrayed as a slutty weirdo
>fujo bait pairing is played for laughs
>acts effeminate and annoys everyone
>endgame is with a female character
>also that intro when Estelle acts homophobic towards him
he's like 100% problematic

>Bi character

Is he actually? I think he's only fucking around, and it's mostly with Vander since he knows he gets pissed off from it.

We just need to get Kotaku to write an article about the 3rd's Star Door 15. That way it will sell a million copies.

He does it with more than just Vander and we're not going to get confirmation anymore than we're going to get confirmation that any other character has casual sex (which we're not because trails, closest we got was in third.) so we can't be sure.

Daily reminder that the 3 Sky games are listed at having a total of like 350,000 owners on steam alone. That's an average of over 100k per game.

CUTE

Daily reminder that the vast majority of those are copies of FC sold in bundles for almost nothing.

He hits on Joshua and Agate constantly and finds Richard hot in his uniform. I guess it would be more proper to say that he's just attracted to beauty in general.

She acts more overly protective of Joshua than homophobic, and that whole conversation is weird. The writing doesn't clearly side with Estelle or Olivier at that point, as it's mostly played for laughs until you learn more about Olivier. He's also the weird-ass foreigner of the Sky games, which prompted Estelle to make some ignorant assertions.

Not that helpful since SC's only at around ~45k on Steam, maybe at 50k on PC when you count in GOG and Humble (and I'm maybe underestimating that number). 3rd's gotten to around 15k on SteamSpy, so that's encouraging and tells me it'll sell as much as SC within a similar timeframe. FC continues to be the moneymaker, and even that's tapered off.

>bundles
One bundle so far, and it's never gone below 50%-off either on Humble Bundle/Store or Steam.

He's just joking to ease the tension.

It's just obligatory fujobait like certain other blondies are yuribait. I think it's obvious there's not going to be any actual gay/bi characters in trails soon.

Pretty much.

What about Crossbell's bracer receptionist?

Does anyone know if text hookers people use for VNs and stuff work with Ao PSP?

Angelica might be really a dyke though. She's even worse than Ilya.

He's just an okama comic relief. Nips love that shit.

Oh right, the okama. I wish I could see what localizers would do with that.

>that sidequest where he details his anaconda

Yeah, that's nothing really new or anything.

The more you know about Nips.

>in bundles for almost nothing.
Except that, no, that's not how it works. This is Trails, not Neptunia.

I love how she's handsome and cute at the same time.
Also her bike looks like something from tokusatsu.

If you're gonna do that crap then just use the spreadsheet.

Maybe he wants to read the whole game instead of one part.

I just need to be able to get the readings of the damn kanji. The spreadsheet only has the main story anyway.

Speaking of sidequest, Principal Vandyck's schoolhouse investigation letter is nothing but memes. Was it like that in the original release?

Her character may suck overall, but the battle between her and her dad was one of the best moments in CS2.

>The spreadsheet only has the main story anyway.
Not true. The majority of the side quests are done as well, even some hidden ones.

I actually found that to be retarded.
At least her CSIII design is cool as fuck.

>i won't translate this
>i got bored so i didn't translate this
>mistakes mistake mistakes
Not to mention there's all the npc dialogue, variations depending who you chose and all the extra scenes with various characters.

what is the cancer killing /fg/?

Except text hooker is just as bad, if not worse.

If you don't know shit yeah. If you know japanese then text hooker is great for quickly looking up difficult kanji/words especially since trails vocabulary can get pretty difficult.

It's so so, I've tested mine and it mostly works but it does get some of the more squiggly kanji wrong and it tends to mess up similar characters. If you only need it for the tougher parts like the political talks then it's fine but I wouldn't rely on it for the entire game.

Are you daft? He said he just needs the readings, he doesn't want it to translate it for him.

Literally everyone in these threads except for the pastebin user, he's based.

So you're a faker, then, no better than EOP. You're not a real member of the super sekrit japanese club. Fuck off!

Angryposters

I'm asking because Kanjitomo is really unreliable on lighter backgrounds, and whipping out my phone too often is a little annoying.

I think the text hooker is a bit more reliable and convenient then, just don't blindly trust it and double check to make sure it got things right.

A month in and Seraphina is still arguing with the same person. Does have no life or something?

Which one are you using?
Is following this guide alright?
forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/8239-how-to-install-and-run-untranslated-visual-novel-text-hooking-tools/

She's just retarded.