So this car is officially utter shit right? At this point it's LS7 bad from the factory

So this car is officially utter shit right? At this point it's LS7 bad from the factory

>Blown head gaskets within 20,000 miles
>Warped heads/warped block from the factory
>Loss of compression soon after break in periods
>Random misfires
>Tons of engine replacements within the first year of ownership

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nan3LURIq3k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gee it's almost like squeezing 400hp out of a tiny engine is a bad idea.

Turboing small engines goes bad LOL

B-but they told me EcoBoost was the best thing to happen since the invention of the automobile! Delete this!

It's a pretty dope car

How many miles and have you had any of the major common issues so far?

Literally 3000 miles on it

wasn't there an user who had an ecoboost f1fiddy go boom a few years back?

Ive hit 6k on mine and i cant complain either

In what reality is the ls7 bad?

Not a big fan of that paint color, is it called Primer Grey?

drop it (valves) like it's hot

This is much closer to primer grey but desu I like them both.

>fell for Ecoboost meme
>Ford Engineering

Furry with a shit car

all my friends kept asking why I got the v6 mustang over the ecoboob. this is why. the open deck design plus making 80hp per cylinder out of stock engineering didn't sit well with me.

Probably had a bad tune on it. Actually, he did have a bad tune on it.

All i know about that car is that it looks fantastic in black.

Is it the same with EcoBoost Mustangs? Don't they share the engine?

What is it with this meme color lately?

Theyve done something iirc that squeezes a good few more horses out of it and its a little strained now, but essentially yes

I'm actually very glad the sales people at 4 different Ford dealerships are so fucking piss poor at selling cars. I was so close to pulling the trigger on one.

It's a shame because it's a cool car

Like GM with the LS7, if you're one of -the- largest corporates in the WORLD, wouldn't you put a little more effort in making sure it actually works before putting it down an assembly line?

the ford dealership closest to my house has had blue one with the top interior package and forged wheels sitting on the lot for almost a year now since they are charging like 6000 over MSRP. Dumb fucks drilled a license plate frame straight into the front bumper too

why do you people even buy american cars? It's like you've never seen what an amerishart looks like.

FORD:

Failure of Research & Development

i always loved the older XR5 but was pissed it didnt come with AWD or front LSD at least

Yeah, only dopes buy it.

It's British with a German engine dumbass

The LS7 meme is getting old
It's fucking one batch of heads from the 1st year that went bad.
Failures after that are just owners not letting the oil temps get high enough before wide open throttle operation.

My brother is a ST fag and they talk so much shit on the RS.
Dealers we're selling RSs for 55K and everyone was saying fuck no.
Then all the issues started to appear.

I always see these on 3 wheels at autocross. Can anyone explain?

I'm not sure what the new Focus RS uses, but the earlier (late 2000) Focus RS used a Volvo inline-5, but with a larger K16 turbocharger. The problem is that the engine wasn't designed for high-output because it was open-deck. It could comfortably handle 250hp, but 300+hp was definitely iffy, but 400hp was out of the question.

Rear sway is too big stock.
Normies think a stiffer car=better

The guy at my local Autocross that wins every time is a modified Fiesta ST.
He actually went with lower spring rates.
It's funny seeing a fiesta best R35s and heavily modified tube chassis cars.

even the cobalt ss could be bought with an lsd

The new RS uses the same 2.3L from the ecoboost mustang (and ford explorer) with more boost so it makes 350/350 HP/TQ. Don't think there's any other changes to the internals from the mustang engine which probably explains the reliability issues

typical ford skimping out
>shit brakes
>shit paint
>shit engine design, blows up after 10-100k or less
i'd lease one but fuck owning one

Lol typical ford

probably didnt even upgrade anything

Found out my RS is drinking coolant.

Looking at STI’s due to the large aftermarket.

Yikes
Typical Ford. Let's just recycle an engine, bolt on some shit, and hope it works.

FIX
OT
RGAIN
DONY

HAHHAHAHAHHA MR CRUMMY BOUGHT A FUCKING RS. AMG a45>civic type r>golf r>shit>focus rs

>Not a Civic Type R

Honda Reliability.

STis aren't bad though, the 2015s blow up way less than the 2008-2014s (ringlands and rod bearings). The S3/Golf R is too boring for me to consider.

It's one of those annual cool colors.

Did you spin out yet?

>german engine
Actualy the engine was originaly designed by Mazda, build by Ford (USA) and modyfied by Ford (Germany).
So basicly every car relevant country was involved in it.

The main issue with it was that they used bad headgaskets for a few months wich where not up to the required spec.
As far as I know they already fixed it.

No, the mustang uses the unmodified version of the 2.3.
The one in the RS was modified to fit in the focus and handle more boost.

>Japan:
The engine is good, is velly efficient and leriabre.
>USA:
The engine is too fucking expensive, use cheaper components.
>Germany
Ze Motor has zu little Pferdestärken, we need ze große Turbolader to compesate for lack of power on ze Autobahn.

There is a german saying:
Zu viele Köche verderben den Brei.
Too many cooks spoil the food.

Its a navy ship grey. Looks bland in pictures but in person it turns into a shade of blue.

>>Japan:
>The engine is good, is velly efficient and leriabre.
Slow as fuck like Virgin/betacucks
>>USA:
>The engine is too fucking expensive, use cheaper components.
FUCK YOU USA USA USA
>>Germany
>Ze Motor has zu little Pferdestärken, we need ze große Turbolader to compesate for lack of power on ze Autobahn.
Fast, but a short lifespan due to a bad design from Mazda cuz this engine is designed for a ecoshitbox. Ford fucked it up.

Name 5 reasons you would have the econobox over a mustang for the same price.

what if you don't like driving into crowds

Mustang is a city hoon car, focus is more of a canyon car, the brakes will hold up longer and it's lighter and more agile

For

>it's a batch of heads from the first year that went bad

Fucking big lol @ u. Go look at the Corvette forums, Z06's all the way up to the very last model year have had owners with dropped valves. The did redo the heads in 2012 iirc, but that only changed the exhaust valves from dropping to the intake valves dropping

The brakes and paint is great, it's just the engine and rear diff that is shart

>have a 1.6L Ecoboost making 230HP
Am I done for lads?

The problem is with the block causing head gaskets to fail. This guy did a good video on the issues with the engine. youtube.com/watch?v=Nan3LURIq3k

No this is a problem with only the 2.3L ecoboost.

Of course you'd buy a shit car if you drink that shit beer.

Unless they use this one kind of haze grey that turns pinkish over time. Pic not related

>doesn't like coors
Lmao kys

>is a tripfag
>can't drives
>fucks animals
>likes this dogpiss
Do you have ANY redeeming features?

>using Dragoon
Fucking scrubs
Draciel or bust.

Disregarding everything everyone says about you be it your shit opinions, your dogshit fetishes, your being a shitty tripfag, and etc. you look like a fucking degenerate.

>T. Someone whos never seen the colour in person
Its literally clear coat on primer

Wow. Nice man! What is your fursona? When can i meet you in a com? Let's yiff together i can take my scooby doo suit!

The Type R is apealing but the Honda crowd is cancerous asf

Every car "crowd" is cancerous

It's not, 2 generation Evo FQ400, the A45 facelift, as well as the coming A50 AMG prove it's not that hard, also the shitton that Merc squeetze out of the 1.6 that shall go into their concept 1 that only needs a major service every 50.000km

Too bad the new Dallara uses that engine...

Yeah, if you don't account the fucked up block design that leads to cracked blocks, that's why they don't change the gaskets but the whole blocks, a gasket would help shit...

AMG is like £10k more

>that only needs a major service every 50.000km
That's gonna go well, just like all these 15 and 20k cars that I'm replacing turbos on all the time.

im secretly hoping that the new FiST has similar issues, because one of my friends are going to buy one, so i'd love to bully them about this

You can’t expect perfection out of a technology as new as Ecoboost. There’s going to be a few years until someone figures out to dial it in but Ford took a huge risk and they’ll reap the benefits of Ecoboost.

pretty sure that was a charger mate

The block was designed by mazda, can´t blame ze germans for that.

The duratec and the zetec are better than the ecoboost

The entire ecoboost line is shit.

I know friend who's on his third warrantied motor in his F150.

The ecoboost engines are great but they need a catch can and the valves cleaned. Ford doesn't have any sort of valve cleanig bulletins or highlights. The recommend regular oil which is retarded on a turbo car. You shouldn't go into boost at all until the oil is warm.

Fag

Mr Crummy is the reason we need fascism. We can have cool fashy cars and gas degenerates like him.

Some guy on the FiST forums has like 200k miles on just bare minimum maintenance, and there are no widely reported issues. Sorry to disappoint.

But all that is forgiven after ((((( d r i f t m o d e )))))

>Furry buys a focus

Color me fucking suprised...

I helped conceive you so..... no lol

Sperg more

>mustang is a city hoon car

>lol ur mom xd
how old are you again?

Have you not seen the countless videos?

>you're dumb
>no you
>wow kid!
Pot kettle black, sperg more

>sperg more
lmao @ this projection

Refer to

jesus christ tippy tippy fedora galore

kek, the dogfucker is so desperate for attention, he's "arguing" with himself

That's what he does when he isn't busy stalking me and taking photos of me

>Blocks ur path for more than 20 years

>be Mr crummy
>hates abarths with a passion
>buys a focus
kek the abarth 695 biposto still best hot hatch right along side the honda type R

Anything from fiat is shit

He's right tho focus is pretty good

That's kind of hard to do, the turbo spools real fast.