Why the hell is a

Why the hell is a
BMW 1 Series E82 more expensive than a
3 Series E92?

Seriously a E82 2l diesel is more expensive than a E92 2.5 inline 6 petrol!
Wtf!?
And no the E82 isn't younger, it is even older!
What the living shit fuck is going one?

Does that car have some magic, or some special capabilities?

Please give me an answer!

It is more expensive because it is smaller?

It's ugly, the E92 looks better!

Because the 1 series is what people actually want.
You're asking because you want one, but for some reason think it's undesirable to everyone else.

Why do you want a smaller E92 with a Diesel engine for the same price as an actual E92 with a 2.5 inline 6?

That's like buying a Hamburger for 4 bucks even though the Big Mac is cheaper bigger and has better and more ingredients.

That make no sense

Your analogy doesn't apply.
The 1 series is more desirable.

How because it is smaller, slower, not as pretty and more expensive?

This shit weirds me out, seriously!

I think because there’s less of them available

Tell me why an AE86 is more desiareble than an E120 corolla?
The e120 is bigger faster and better looking!

Because the 135i has the same engine as the 335i, but weighs much less. It's a lightning fast little sports car when you have the 6spd transmission, tuned, and add bolt-ons and an LSD. They are fairly rare in the sense that it is usually owned by some old guy that only drives it on the weekend.
I got a 2009 135i in August, with all the works (guy dumped $13k into it), and it only had 43k miles on it. It is a rocket with wheels.

I think so too!

Because you can always get more pigfat cars.

It is not that i dislike em though.

But you missed the point, the reason i made this thread is because i don't get why a 1.8 and a 2.0l Diesel E82 is more expensive than a 2.5 6l E92.

If it would be a 3.5 6l E82 like yours being more expensive than a 2.0l petrol or diesel E92 than it would make sense.
But it's not like that, and that's weird.

It is like a 1.4 TDI Polo being more expensive than a GTI Golf from the same year.
And yes the E82 diesel aren't just slower and more expensive they are even older, that really makes me confused!

But the E82 is more Pigfat, i mean it looks like the small obese brother of the E92!

>faux LSD

ftfy

>ftfy
No, you didn't.
I put a helical LSD into mine, because an open-diff w/'eLSD' is a dumb idea for a performance car.

Cuz they are a RWD compact car. They could be an epic collection when 1 series will be a FWD car in the future.

>legit tempted to replace my nb miata with a 135i vert
>already own one bmw which is enough maintenance for me
hmm

I think it is 'rarity' that is driving the price. Here in the states, the 1-series is a fairly uncommon car, but there are 3-series galore. And as I said before, those who do own the 1-series don't sell them because that's their weekend car.

1 series is rare in the e80 series especially in NY, chances of finding one in NY are extremely low. Couldn't even find high mileage couple of years ago.
Plus they were ugly as shit pre-lci so no one wanted them.

In europe, bigger cars are cheaper, 5 series is often cheaper than the 3 series, volvo v50 is cheaper or as expensive as the v70, of course it really depends on the model but there is a trend going on with small cars with the same equipment that are more expensive than bigger cars

Supply and demand, nigga. A loaded E60 costs the same as a 1series.

>ITT OP doesn't understand market forces.

?

1 series 2l diesel is more desirable than a 2.5l gasoline 3 series. It's more practical in Yewrop

lol what the fuck is this analogy holy shit

This

I love my 135i. Straight rocket ship on the highway but tight in the corners as well due to its size. Keep searching OP; deals are out, I stumbled upon mine by accident actually

That car looks so ugly, probably the ugliest car bmw has made. I agree with OP, how do people want this shit? There are better looking faster cars out there. This shit cost like 20k but you could get a 2 series for like 30k and that's leagues better in looks.

For me it was about having something different. The first time I saw one was a few years back on my commute home from wageslavery, and the way the low body lines sat reminded me of a skateboard. I also like being able to blow the doors off the majority of other bimmers in my area, a lot of people here in NorCal drive the typical leased 328i. But yeah I agree, the M2 is better, will probably pick one up in a couple years time

Kek