/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Fuck you incompetent janitor, 745 is a perfectly good time to make a new thread
>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

nth for Jeff

Trick is, make it but don't link it until it's time, or at least say "Move when ready"

Also, am I the only person who can't seem to make threads? I can post fine but the second I try to start a thread the load time takes longer than the captcha lasts

ENB going to do Fume Knight soon.

Reminder to update your filters.

What exactly am I looking at besides a trip filter?

Are you using any addons like Veeky Forums X or content blockers (adblocker)?

Apparently some webms the poster isn't fond of for whatever reason

Yeaaah, must be it then

You can only pick 5 of these characters to form your party.
Who do you choose?

does anyone know how to filter a post without hiding the replies it gets?

Where did the water that flooded New Londo come from?

The magic webm spammer who keeps misinforming people about Int builds. More to the point, he keeps spamming those same webms of his glass cannon twink two-shotting people from behind as if it's some sort of accomplishment.

You can't blame From for that shit. That is all on Bamco.

I just realized why bbg is a better thread. They only have one trip who isn't even worser than our trip.

I don't get why you would filter pictures. You could just choose not to open them

Reminder that:

>DeS is a Studio Japan Game
>DS1 is a Hidetaka Miyazaki Game
>DS2 is a From Software Game
>DS3 is a Bandai Namco Game

and they were made for different audiences with different priorities in mind

Look up.

Filter shit post images or links so you don't have to see them.

The one here is also shared with /bbg/, and Meme Machine vanished some time ago. After a rampant wave of shitposting, a lot of old regulars decided to take a rest.

Valley of the Drakes.

What's a good weapon to pair with a Blessed LKGS on a 26/16/40 build?

I don't remember ever actively trying to filter ads from this site believe it or not. Not sure if it just blocked them automatically or what but I never really. I'll disable it and see if that helps

offhand blessed Lothric Knight Sword, or anything small and fast. Ideally you should be using filanore's chime for passive regen and so you can throw spears to bait people in close for your LKGS

Alright lads, clarify something for me
Crystal Souls Spear does more damage than Souls Spear
but is it crystal soulmass better than normal soulmass since it can deliver counterattack damage?

A whole in the ceiling, but there's no indication that's where the water came from and that hole doesn't correspond to any place you can go to in the game.

That makes less sense

>implying DaS2 wasn't also a Bamco game given all the interference and clusterfuck decisions that went into it
You also neglected to list Bloodborne as a Studio Japan game.

Why are you trying to steal my (You)'s

>misinforming people about Int builds

I figured he was one of the only posters who had any idea what they were talking about.

Can't see your post. Must have triggered my shit posting flags.

The sealers of new londo flooded the area to stop the spread of the abyss.

haha ebin :-D xD

DS2 is definitely the longest of the trilogy. Holy shit I am still stuck at freaking Velstadt after 20 hours. By that time I had already completed DS3 dlcs included on 2 characters on my first 2 playthoughs ever.

yeah, using RKS on pyro build is ebin worthy

>crystal soulmass better than normal soulmass

No.

They're too busy shitposting about people joining spelunks without their consent, or some shit. And you act as if the trip who posts here doesn't also post there.

Where did the water come from though, not why was it flooded.

DeS priority:
>Save this failing project by experimenting with all sorts of weird multiplayer and level design so that maybe we can recoup sunk costs

DS1 priority
>Re-create DeS but for a larger audience. Let Miayzaki finally put his ideas for a video game that he was thinking of for the last 10 years into action

DS2 priority
>Distance yourself from the negative publicity you got from DS1's problems, return to roots with stats-focused game design, Improve DS1's software, multiplayer, and Ports

DS3 priority
>Broaden sales to as many people as possible, and fulfill bandai's contract in the transition to an independent company. Manage fan's expectations so that they are satisfied but still want to buy non-souls games.

God's shut the place up and most likely started dumping water in through that hole.

>Holy shit I am still stuck at freaking Velstadt after 20 hours.
lol

Soul spear is a nuke so CSS is always the better choice.
Soulmass intent is to stagger or protect the player, so the lesser fp consumption the better

I just beat him today as well, don't worry man after him you have a couple short areas ahead of you, some backtracking, then the final boss. Should be about an hour to 2 hours depending on how fast you are.
The sealers used their magic to bring water from the hole in the ceiling.

>Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING):
>Player list:

Who the hell is mental crashed?

I've currently got a Blessed Llewellyn and Filianore's Chime set for my offhand slots, I looked at both the blessed LKS and the SSS and it looks like SSS gets more damage for less stats, so I think I might run with that instead. Cheers man

What about it?

Given the odd summon system in BB, you don't know who you're summoning until they're there. Most post in the thread that they're coming, but a handful of people don't, a practice that was named "cucking." People treated it as no big deal since only two were known for it. Someone got extremely pissy about it, and started shitposting like their life depended on it. Everyone got angry, people took sides, and the thread started burning itself down again.
There's only one person who has an active issue with it, but he's been capable of singlehandedly derailing the thread. Some days, /dsg/ is the better of the two.

literally no damage

Are there any areas in that game that aren't grey?

Bamco interfered a lot with DS2's development, but the actual gameplay and mechanics are much closer to older From games (especially shadow tower and evergrace), and a lot of the lead team members for DS2 were employees that pre-dated working with Bandai, with the exception of Shibuya and Suzuki (they started working on ACE about the same time Bandai bought Banpresto).

Bandai had influence on all 3 dark souls games, but DS3 is the one where it seems like they tried to please Bandai as much as possible, whereas DS2 was more about fighting against Bandai's control and trying to make a game despite it.

I figured listing BB would be redundant.

Y-Yes! Some are a dull orange thank you very much

>sorcerer staff gets S scaling at +8 but crystal sage staff gets A at +4

Scaling means nowt, all about what the total spellbuff is and how much the WA buffs that by

>most staves softcap at 45

So where does the hole in the dome correspond to in the game world?

DaS2 was were they bent over and took Bamco's Shaft full on with no lube. DaS3 was them giving into Bamco too, but at least it was done competently and with a little dignity intact in DaS3.

Anyone up for a PC fight club?

seems like the sorcerer staff is still better

maybe

I'll eventually get a PS4, because I hear its fun, but I've yet to see an impressive screenshot. Even Demons Souls, which is not aesthetically pleasing has zones that are Grey, White, Red, and Dark Green.

Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 have such varied environments to look at, it really helps make them more appealing.

in a bit

Here's a blue

Heaven user, they brought water from the heavens.

I have to admit, that sounds kind of hot actually. Too bad Fireden's archives only go back to April 2015, I'm kind of curious what the other replies were.

E E scaling on a weapon where the fire damage is already so shit that it doesn't even work as chip damage.

Sure

>745 is a perfectly good time to make a new thread
no its not

Woah, quick!

Just stick your signs on the wooden bit, pass is dsg.

DS2's lower quality in the graphics and level design really start to make sense when you think about how huge it is compared to how little development time/budget it was given.

>DS1 had a head start, more time, and still was unfinished
DS1 had 2 years, used a lot of code from Demon's Souls, including the entire online and graphics engine, and still had the last ~30% of the game unfinished including whole cut areas and copy/pasted last minute areas.

>DS2 had development hell, less resources, and was still larger with no cut areas
DS2 (in its finished release form) had 1 year of proper development (with 2 years of failed concepts an vertical stacks before that point) and to make From's first intentionally supported PC game, entirely from scratch, using a completely new graphics and game engine. On top of that they had to surpass the expectations of DS1.

The fact that the game is longer than DS1 is completely shocking, considering that.

That is old from soft's gimmick. They sold games back in the PS1/PS2 games with "OVER 400 WEAPONS!" as the main tagline, because disc space and RDRAM restrictions meant that no other games were doing it at that time.

Priscilla
Gwynevere
Doll
Iosfeka
Maria
In that order

>baby sucking cocks badly gets fucked by his own shitty internet

It's more like Bamco refused to bail them out when Miyazaki's original picks for director and programmer failed to deliver anything on time. Instead of delaying the game properly and putting Bamco developers on staff to help finish it (like Sony did with DeS and BB) Bamco gave them 6 months and demanded that they now also release for 360/PS3.

level?

Maria
Nameless Kang
Ornstein
Lothric
Lorian
For maximum firepower.

It's the only reason i lose
other than the game literally being broken

I pick five shaloquirs

120ish.

>putting Bamco developers on staff to help finish it (like Sony did with DeS and BB)
What? That' the first time I've heard that Bloodborne had any trouble. Japan Studio guys just helped to make sure that the game would run as good as possible on PS4 as well as showcase its power.

Is this a cosplay I'm not getting? Feels like a cosplay

First guy steps into the arena, pls make him feel less lonely

The Judge from Ace Attorney.

Only patrician in this thread.

We could use more peeps here

>Takes a risk parrying a spell, times it wrong, dies because he took the risk at a level of health where throwing knives could've finished him
>Got to that level of health in the first place when "Casters are so bad guise"
>Doesn't blame himself and look to improve, blames the game, the lag, everything else

By the time you've taken that much damage you ought to know at least enough about the latency to either switch to a shield that can absorb the damage, or space yourself out enough that you have more reaction time

Would help if I attached the image gg

game is ded oldman

Bamco shit their pants when they heard about BB, and forced From's hand, which resulted in a shit game and a Souls game without Big M at the helm. Then they forced out a blatant cash grab rehash when BB cameout because they were still butt hurt.

By the time DaS3 released, From was tired of their shit, and Miyazaki gave them the exactly shit they wanted with DaS3 then washed his hands of them.

>those flower physics

It's like those painted metal flowers on springs you see sometimes, bouncing around like that

ded game

Bloodborne ran significantly over budget when designing the new game engine but instead of delaying and trying to squeeze more cash out of it, Sony just committed a ton of developers to help out. Bloodborne probably barely broke even as a product but it's likely that Sony made tons more selling PS4s on the hype than they did on the game sales.

>times it wrong
perfect timing, but arrow is too fast for spell parry to work
I beat them instantly when I feel like it

Priscilla, Yorshka, Gwynevere, Iosefka for obvious reasons. Too bad there's no Maiden in Black here. I'll take Nameless King as the fifth member for actually killing stuff when necessary.

The DLC certainly helped significantly

>Soon after release, Sony stated that the game's sales exceeded their expectations.
I think you got that backwards. It sold well, but I can't imagine many people bought the console for Bloodborne alone.

Miyazaki wouldn't have "saved" DS2. Makoto Satoh would have though. Miyazaki followed the money because it was worth risking a failure with DS2 in exchange for acquiring Sony as a publisher. It was a smart business move to provoke bandai but it resulted in a worse game.

DS3 was not just a cash grab for Bandai, it was a cash grab for From also. They made a huge amount on it and doubled their staff, that's why they're making 3 games now.

Getting a little bit more active

>I can't imagine many people bought the console for Bloodborne alone
You'd be surprised, a lot of people on /bbg/ have done just that.

>/bbg/
Not a very representative crowd, is it?

Fair enough

If you're trying to parry spells that are "too fast for spell parry to work" then it comes right back to what I said, you should blame yourself and improve, not whine about how the game and lag and everything else is stacked against you

I mean come on now, you got hit three times by that guy swinging out of desperation, got a backstab after he spun himself around and this is the footage you decide is worth posting?

I'd be impressed by the webms if you were better at what you're attempting to do, but you yourself have just admittedly that you make beginners mistakes, and have posted footage showing this twice

>I beat them instantly when I feel like it

Ohhh, I see, you didn't feeeeel like winning all those other times you lost, gotcha

I look away for two minutes

Their expectations were really low though.

See attached picture though. There's a definite uptick when BB came out in march 2015 (about 2m units more than march 2014), but the holiday season after bloodborne's release (when TOH came out) is where the PS4 had a huge surge of sales.

No idea how much came from bloodborne directly, but Sony losing money on funding exclusive games to profit off selling consoles and peripherals is nothing new.

>all mage builds

What happened to us, /DSG/?

If you compare the trophy percentages for the base game and the old hunters, it will become clear that only a minority of the base game owners bought the DLC.

Sell your FC more man

don't wanna shit up the thread