/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

>Patch 4.05 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/782e44043959ae82ead5c6745dac3297a0083b69

>Live Letter Q&A
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/337124-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXXVII-Q-A-Update-Thread

>Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/bFcDNb57

>Previously on /xivg/:

Reminder to /pet your tank if you want him to fight harder.
It's a big part of your healing rotation.

>Perfect Girl Edition

Remember to tell your chocobo that you love him.
Post chocobos.

i really love when people pet me when i'm tanking (or well just in general)

Blonde Liora? Is that even a thing?

Is it worth dropping Defiance in Level 50 dungeons?

Honestly, girls. If you EB isn't a tank you fucked up.

My EB is a tank, but she's the girl !

A good and spooky bird.

Lol no one wants to post

POST MUSCLELADIES RIGHT RAAWWWR!

but why did you post a picture of two men?

I do not have an BE.

This is fine too.

Why did you post a picture of some faggot cat?

So what's the verdict on the level up potions? Obviously they're lame if you're just a newbie to the game, but seems like they might be useful if you decide to make a second character.

but chocobos are boring as fuck and i never ever use mine

The verdict is that FFXIV needed the jump potions if it was to continue being competitive in the MMO market.

You think some WoWfag is gonna come over and agree that starting from 1 and going through the 4 years of story grind that already existed is a good thing? Or people who invite their friends to play and yet can't play with them for the next 3 months while they hit cap?

They're useful all around. That doesnt make people good at the game as we all know. But FFXIV is not just a game, its a business.

I am the tank.

it was the original thing

A very lovely bird.

Shit taste, senpai. Nice bird, though.

cute midlander on the right

I'm in the process of learning to play DRK correctly. Is there any benefit at all to not having Darkside activated? I don't really understand why it's a toggle since 20% dmg increase seems useful all the time.

You play a female character though so you're clearly a cuck and don't count.

fakemoni...

chocobos are way too plain, i don't like 90% of the horses either. I do like being able to dress my choco up, though, so he's always stylin regardless of the fact no one ever sees him

When you're out of MP and the next add wave is about to spawn or the boss has a long down phase like Ravana's Ifrit charges.
Otherwise, no never.

ugly

Even if I was a moni clone whats it matter? You know you shes hot and I bet you would love to lewd with me on her.

Reminder to water your vegetables

We did it! We beat Nael deus Darnus!

This is kind of a big deal for me, since this was my first time fighting her.

Fuck, I look good

It used to be that it drained MP while active. Now, it only stops MP regeneration. If there's a long enough pause between combat where you would recover more MP than it would cost to toggle it back on, dropping it can be nice. I have no idea if it's ever viable to drop it for a second to receive a coordinated Mana Shift from a caster or something, though. Another small thing to note is that the act of applying a buff to yourself causes a small amount of aggro so toggling Darkside off right before you start a big pull in dungeons and then toggling it on before you start to AOE can help.

Females can't be cucks.

>bringing healers

>we've gone to the point of people making copies of peoples toons in an attempt to bastardize them
I waned you, I warned you all a year ago you all said no ones that autistic. Well look what's happening.

If you don't play a lala you're hella gay

>Other MNK never dies
>Does less than half my DPS
>Does less DPS than the fucking Paladin who's living in Shield Oath
Fucking HOW? I don't get it. MNK shits out DPS like an anglo expat in India. How the actual fuck do people not pull at LEAST 3k?

Now do it without healers using the spin strat.

N-no bully.

I'm just a really tall, skinny lala . . .

NM Omega doesn't want to give me anything.
;__;

>Females can't be cucks.
but that's wrong

true

If anyone knows how to be a cuck, it'd be you.

Nah it looks like you're just hella gay

This is incorrect.

Stop projecting.

They should have made the shitty parts of ARR less shit, but giving people who don't have the patience to slog through it the means of skipping it is better than nothing.

>Fucking HOW?
Because people are fucking shit, but god forbid you tell them they're shit or they'll report you.

i'm not even the person you replied to, but gg

I legitimately think even just doing the bare minimum to keep up GL3 (like, form shift form shift ROCKBREAKER minimum) and otherwise just autoattacking the boss would do more than that. Jesus fucking christ.

Post your character's face

I know that cuckoldry gets kind of a bad rap on Veeky Forums, but it's actually not that bad if it's consensual. Actually, now that I think about it, I might need to find myself a qt slut c@ gf to fuck around behind my back.

Women can produce enough jealousy and salt to fuel commercial airlines.

It's fine if it's consensual, but it infects so many other fetishes and it's shit tier in my opinion.

I'm the prettiest one here, make way

t. Lily

you know it's only going to get worse
enjoy the ride

how new are you
someone did this to liora years ago and puttel did it to abe a while back too

spoken like a true betafuck

t. Berke

hi

When is the best time to turn off Grit and use Blood Weapon? I really like this ability, but I don't like giving up my tankiness to use it, especially in unfamiliar content.

Can you tell us who the drakn chemos are yet? Even hints will do.

I swear to god if I get 90k'd one more fucking time.

Keep trying user, this week's o3 only took me 20 kills to give me the springs.

yeah, what about it? What are you gonna do, fuck my girlfriend?

leave ada alone, they're only a little similar

*90k's you*

i'd love to
cucking people is hot af

4th run at the moment, over halfway OTL

I guess we're back to making early threads again from now on. I was retarded to think he'll learn anything.

This one was made at 750 posts though.

report this thread and move on, he'll get banned again, sooner or later

/kiss

>I was retarded
>was

I'm sure nobody's ever seen it before

>liora back to doing the usual

We had a good run, make the next op early. Rinse and repeat.

Why is your character so shiny?

Baby oil

but 5 of the last 7 threads are mine.

The most important thing to know is that you should only do it when you're comfortable, especially when you're new. There's a culture of DPS obsession in this game, and a lot of players new to it/new to tanking will drop tank stance in unintelligent ways and get themselves killed or not really contribute much.

The best way to think about Grit is, it's just like your other defensive cooldowns except it's always available. You'll always want to have it up for the first but of the fight if you're MTing so you can get an aggro lead with your threat combo. You can always turn it back on later if you have a really good/geared DPS player who is catching up (and not using their aggro dump abilities because DPS players are morons). If you're going to take a lot of damage soon, you can always turn it back on too, just like a toggle Rampart.

The other really important thing to keep in mind is your healer. Some healers are bad and turning Grit off at some points may get you killed just because of that. It can feel frustrating, but you have to adapt to the skill/playstyle of your healer. I've seen a ton of tanks overpull and then drop tank stance and die because they didn't notice the healer was new, or undergeared, or maybe the healer wasn't even really caught up with the rest of the group. If you're playing with a healer you know and trust you can be extremely stingy with your use of Grit and use it mostly for aggro generation and get by mostly on using your other defensive options.

tl;dr just take into consideration your incoming damage and the ability of your party before you drop it, and you'll be fine.

That's actually pretty cute, not gonna lie.

{/pet}

And yet you decided to force yourself yet again, despite the ban

Lalafell are for?

You're almost saving yourself of a specific lv 70 dg run for this week's tomestones

No

I give it 2 weeks before you're banned again if your mug ends up in the op 24/7 again. Apply yourself.

They used old screens this is someone who made a clone

/pet -ing

licking toes