Ok Veeky Forumstists, how do I import one of these motherfuckers?

Ok Veeky Forumstists, how do I import one of these motherfuckers?

Other urls found in this thread:

french-cars-in-america.com/how-to-import-a-french-car-in-america
youtube.com/watch?v=BhJRv5fu5NA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

move to yurop

You go to the customs website because it has all the information you're looking for

>he doesn't live in Europe

il trade you one for a foxbody mustang

why would you import one anyway ?

What is this car's name?

Because why the fuck not

>importing isnt cheap
>parts are gonna be expensive
defeats the whole purpose of the Twingo, although if you actually do it. I'll be super jealous

I don't care, I just want exotic shit

>twingo
>exotic
I suppose exotic in a sense that a Chevelle would be exotic in Eastern Europe

Find someone moving to the US (military stationed in Germany) and willing to take one.

My uncle got a 69 Mustang into Germany the other way (while moving from Florida to Munchen) and now is selling it for a profit

> Renault Twingo

I mean, besides the autistic weeb face there is nothing good or special about this car.
The only people who buy these cars are poorfags and as first cars

This is a good suggestion.

The interior,s really smart, although you can almost get the same thing in a Honda Fit, and it's probably the cheapest car with a full-length glass sunroof option. Awesome fuel economy too.
That, and meme cred.

You importburgers need to gang up and get Twingos together or it will be a big struggle

>France
>Exotic

>be Alaska
>france isn't exotic
We only just recently started getting Fiats even after FCA has been a thing for ten years, I want one but I can't afford it

Twingo, the official car of old single moms

I've got a friend in customs. I'm willing to pull money to get like 20 over here landed.

Alright, now we're talking. How many do you guys think would fit in a normal shipping container?

You´ll fit 3, 1st gen. Twingos in a 40 feet container and you´ll have about 7 feet to spare.

Germanfag here. When I was a kid over 15 years ago we used to play a game called twingo cause these cars are so common here. Everyone who saw one first had to shout out "TWINGO" and could strike his peers on the shoulder.

Just wondering if anyone else played this game in yurop or it was only common in my neighborhood back then...?

Western neighbor here, we used to do this with yellow cars.

I did this as a kid in america with vw beetles in the early 2000s

>we used to play a game called twingo cause these cars are so common here. Everyone who saw one first had to shout out "TWINGO" and could strike his peers on the shoulder.

It's still a thing.

You'd only be able to import 1993's or older, idk what the best years are for these

Americans do this with vw bugs

1993 was the first year they made twingo so this is the first year you can legally import one.

PT Cruisers are bruisers

Smart or yellow here desu

Clio mk2 or this motherfucker as a first car.
That is a question.

If it's 25 years old you can import it without too much paperwork. If it's less than 25 years old you better be extremely rich and the vehicle must be of some importance to import.

Mechanically they're very similar, small engined Clios anyway.
The Clio gets bigger engine options, the Twingo is physically smaller and lighter. Also has a more flexible interior and neat sunroof options.

For city driving, Twingo. Longer drives and lots of highways, Clio with a bigger engine. Trackdays, Clio RS.

Okay. How long do they last?
As I know, Dacia Logan, the sort of modified Clio mk2, lasts 500 000+ km without any major problems... But it has 1.6 8V engine, not 1.0
Simply I can afford two twingos from '97-'00?, or one Clio 3dr from '03-05 with 1.4L + AC.
Newer twingos we do not have, they stopped shipping them for some reason.

With yellow cars but taxi.

You see a lot of Twingos with over 300k around here, they're really simple cars. A slightly specced Clio is probably nicer though, unless you can find a Twingo with sunroof and are willing to give up the glove box for AC.

Bruh a decent foxbody is worth like 3 twingos

french-cars-in-america.com/how-to-import-a-french-car-in-america

In America we did this except whenever there's a vw bug you say slugbug, then slug (punch )them

Here in America we do it with VW Beetles and call it "Punch Buggy", sometimes followed by the color of the car.

Me and my brother did a variant where we would punch each other if we saw a license plate outside of our region (DC, Maryland, Virginia.)

Later on, we added another variant where the farther the state is from our region, the harder we punched. West Coast license plates were game changers

>$4600 before even adding in the price of the Twingo
>add another 2.5% tax
>add all American bullshit with registering and paying taxes
>near 7500-10k for a fucking twingo
Jesus Christ. I love the twingo but I'm certainly never going to pay that much for that hunk of metal

$4600 sounds a bit high. 2K sounds more normal.
RoRo-ships are way cheaper option, if you import alone. RoRo means roll on/roll off, cars are shipped without containers(parked and strapped down inside the ship).
Other good way to cut costs is sharing a container. 40` container takes 3 Twingos and 2 motorcycles and a fucktonne of other shit. Doesn´t leave that much per head to pay.

2k sounds much better, i was going off that shitty website posted, plus I didnt even include shipping in my math. But yea if I was to buy one I'd do the cheapest route possible

Being gay is the first step

il give you as many twingos as you want for a peice of shit foxbody

you dont realise how cool foxbodys are to europoors

Ok so how do I buy one so that I can then import it, without flying to yurop

Wrong. That's the quintessential student car in France.

Importing a Twingo would be worth every single penny. It is such a fun car to drive.

Buy one from a trustworthy dealership with few kilometers, or ask someone you know in Europe to buy it on your behalf. Either way you'd be buying and importing blind, which is very stupid.
If you're dead set on importing one you'd better plan some holiday in France to inspect some in person before buying.

this will only be a problem for the first few years if an aftermarket takes off. somebody will also probably find a merican alternative that fits into twingos

Ask a friendly Veeky Forumstist.

>tfw foxbody mustang was my dreamcar since middleschool
So true

You can have mine...i need it until september 18 but if you pay me i will drive it to a port and put it on a ship for you

count me in for one please. someone start a spreadsheet or something.

Post interior pics

Might be cheaper to wait a few years and get one from South America.

Kinda losing my motivation to get a Twingo.
Can y'all boost it a little for me?

How does "Honda Fit but almost 400lbs lighter" sound?

Badass

Have none...no ac, shitty bluetooth radio, pretty clean

that's cool

just buy a smart car.

I love these. I wish more Veeky Forumstists would post short comics featuring their twingos.

I would post mine if the Twongi would've arrived. :/

Twongi

Twingo looks amazing in green

youtube.com/watch?v=BhJRv5fu5NA

Twoongy

Im from Germany. I can help you track down some good Twingos if you want. Many are used as beaters for food delivery service you definitely dont want to import those. Twingos are common but good ones are not

fellow kraut here, that guy is correct.
one of the best twingos you could get are the ones bought by grannies back in 93/94 and therefore have really low miles. also, the car was really popular as second or third car so, those may also good ones with not many miles but as so often with female driven cars you will most likely have to get a fresh clutch, new rims because curb rash, and maybe check the alignment

Is the rust problem with the cars imported from Germany? I have heard that you like to use lots of salt to keep your roads from freezing.

It's indeed a huge problem but if you have a 1993 Twingo that doesn't look too bad underneath it probably got taken care of.
Normally those cars that didn't receive any care or washing rusted to literal dust years ago.

But as always, check for rust and don't blindly buy a car. You need someone to check it thoroughly if you intend to import it.
There are still some neat ones around. Rare but they exist. It's no fun to import a rust pile if you actually spend a good amount of money to get one.

Yes rust is a problem in winter driven cars here. I dont know what france or other countries use in winter but french people rarely care for their cars.
The french mindset towards cars is different than the german.

has to be 25 years old first. assuming you're an American.

The first batch turns 25 next year.

Btw does anyone know a trustworthy us importer?
Looking to export my 93 M5 next year

Could you fit them in sideways? Are Twingos short enough?

Clio for sure.

A Twingo is one of the best cars for moving. If you're alone, you can fit tons of boxes inside.
It's much roomier than most cars a segment above, pretty crazy.
It's a shit car to drive though.

Nope. Standard 40´container is about 7´8" wide, Twingo is about 11´3" long.

I don't speak Honda. Nor do I speak american, so (shrug).

I just don't know anymore. I used to be more enthusiastic about it, but as time passed I tend to slip into "hey maybe a Polo or Golf 4 works too".

A Twingo is the ideal poorfag car since it's ridiculously cheap to buy and run, and it has some neat features that others in its class don't have.
If you can afford something better then by all means, go for it.

what said.

despite me being in almost every twingo thread I keep saying that to actually own one you either must be really poor (and you want the most practicality/size relation for the bang) or you have a really "special" taste (don't mean it in a bad way, just special) and probably have a boner for really SIMPLE and most basic cars which the twingo is.

I love seeing them around and they brighten up my mood between all those constipated modern shitboxes but I will probably never own one because it's just not the right car for me.

That's not a Twingo in that phot- .... oh.

Angel eyes are mildly disturbing

lmao, look at the post times