/ink/ - Splatoon 2 General

Last thread: Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- The next NA/EU Splatfest is Mayo vs Ketchup, to be held in the first weekend of August.
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) - The Inkbrush is out now!
- New updating patching exploit and tweaking special costs: en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/p/897

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0
>S2 New weapon stats
-imgur.com/a/NFzgv

>S2 Headgear
-imgur.com/a/9w8lx
>S2 Shirts
-imgur.com/a/gUexS
>S2 Shoes
-imgur.com/a/Cq7La

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord
- Nope.

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13552055
strawpoll.me/13546026/r
strawpoll.me/13552384
youtube.com/watch?v=h8cwMmTfTkA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have you had teammates squidbag with you when you squidbagged yet, /ink/?

strawpoll.me/13552055

Which weapon do you think is the biggest crutch weapon in Splatoon 2, /ink/?

Top 2 voted will be put in a final poll to determine the ultimate crutch weapon.

So what's the deal with Turf War matchmaking? Every time I join my friend's game, we play maybe once or twice on the same team for every team matches we play on the opposite teams. If it was purely luck based I'd accept that we're getting some bad RNG, but I get the feeling that (since we're almost always the highest scoring team member on each of our teams) that there's some team balancing that's separating us.

Sex with Marie!

have you ever panfried spam at home? shit is the fucking bomb

>trying to grind out the last few levels to beat the single player and get the hero splattershot at the same time
>SHELDON REQUEST
>SHELDON REQUEST
>SHELDON REQUEST
>SHELDON REQUEST

Aerospray, not because it's particularly good, but because it teaches bad habits.

Reminder that the heavy splatling is the most honest weapon

B
B
B-

Moving up slowly to where I stopped lost interest in the Original. A+

Heh. Nintendo, good luck with turf war team balancing if people are leaving and joining with every game. There ought to be an internal MMR but that would just make too much sense.

>teabagging the empty ground
>expecting it to offend people who get splatted
Just when people couldn't get any stupider.

It's always nice coming across teammates who pick up what you're putting down.

Imagine being Marina in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Pearl, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tiny body and horrific gremlin monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my idol character and the real me." when all she really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old fan in her dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Marina and not only sit in that chair while Pearl flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her fivehead and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, PEARL LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking troll face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of woomies and octolings and later alleged inkling rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Octarian HQ. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then Judd calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single inkling in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Marina. You're not going to lose your future singing career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Slosher rivals aero for coverage while also letting you get kills without even needing to aim. Also lets you kill people on higher ground and around cover. Slosher is by far more of a crutch weapon.

I think literally only the boss and maybe one stage in sector 5 use the hero shot your first time through.

@184031238
you don't even deserve a (You)

Fried spam on rice is fucking amazing.

Who here /defaulthair/ in Splatoon 2?

>Why did anyone want this?
4 reasons.
さとし
くまちゃん
いちご
バカ外人

None of those are crutches though...

I still say twintail and topknot are the best hairstyles. Woomys have a better bunch, but nothing beats the originals.

Fuck it. I'm using octobrush.

>Pearlfags on suicide watch

>see teammate trade kills with opponent
>squidbag at spot where they both died
It's like I'm squidbagging both of them!

Why is everyone too retarded to take out chargers and heavies?

>バカ外人

You game me quite a laugh. Well done, have a (You)

>without needing to aim

>Rainmaker on Moray Towers
>the carrier keeps trying to walk all the way up the ramp instead of climbing the wall with the grates, even after i spammed "This way" several times
Was i in the wrong here? That is the best path, right?

You should write for a living.

They are according to /ink/, and I picked the top 4 to put on the next poll:
strawpoll.me/13546026/r

Yeah, Splatoon 2 doesn't have any crutches. Yet.

I have taken a liking to the shorter hair even though I prefer women with longer hair, hime cut for squids when?
I'd prefer to have Tinted Shades with this set, but I'm waiting for one with a better main ability to come up on the app

>expecting it to offend people who get splatted
Offending people wasn't the goal. It's just all good fun.

>Aerospray
>not a crutch

Is Squid Beatz 2 on Hard supposed to be humanly possible? I can silver all of the songs on Normal if I just try hard enough, but it really seems like you'd need a computer or program to help you even process all the buttons on hard, never mind get Gold on them. It's gonna bug me that I can't at least complete them.

Octobrush 100% is

here's the same squid on the right if you wanted a better view of her coat

Why is she so rape bait?

not him, but the retarded fire rate makes it equivalent to a P90 in cod. Just run right up to somebody and they're dead in 2 seconds

Linking my response for user that wanted advice

Just like every other weapon in the game?

>point above or around enemy
>win

strawpoll.me/13552384

>all these bomb defense up on splatnet

ANNIE GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER

I think we need more suitless screenshots

You need to predict enemy movement pretty hard with the Slosher. Its projectiles are pretty slow, and it fires even slower. Fighting head-on with it is a death sentence.

Because she's innocent and naive.

>point up or around 2 enemies
>win twice as hard
>dont even need to flank like you do with brushes

Seriously sloshers are more of a crutch. You don't even have to sneak or anything.

I love using the Nozzlenose and getting Aerosprays btfo in every category.

What makes the octobrush so different from the inkbrush?

>no S, A, and B option

You can't attack directly and you're outranged by everything. The only advantage you have is on ledges and around corners.

>gets brainwashed by sunglasses and forced to serve the octoscum
>willingly puts them back on after being rescued

Can't rape the willing.

Stronger kit, higher per-shot damage, and paints slightly better since its trail of ink isn't the width of a twizzler.

Is the Switch pro controller better or worse for playing the brush? I don't actually own one, so I dunno what the ZL/ZR buttons are like. I just know that the stiff clickiness of the ones for the joycons makes me worry the ZR button is just gonna shatter from being mashed one of these days.

youtube.com/watch?v=h8cwMmTfTkA

Triggers are much better, but pro is a bigger input delay than joycons. It literally doesn't matter if you play something as mindless as a a brush.

So, I can just put all my loadouts onto one my amiibos and just tap them to my controller when I want to switch to them? That's pretty cute.

What copypasta is this from?

Remember to always HATE ON Marie for being a Sarcastic bitch

This fucker can't just NOT make a sequel. He's basically been personally handed a literal ton of ammo and an arsenal to go with it by Nintendo.

Can someone break down how the turf war flag thing works

Does anyone know what pressing "fresh" at someone's draw do?

>get to level 10
>win first ranked match
>never play ranked again

Who /undefeated/ here?

>shoot/fling ink in enemy's direction
>win
Wow it's like you just described every weapon in the game.

I must be some Slosher prodigy because my kill count skyrockets when I use it in any mode.

Nothing. If you come back to the same thing you Fresh'd later on, there's a good chance your previous Fresh will have faded into the void.

What's your rank?

>never had a party for an hour with 7 randoms
Pity

I'm so fucking done with this fucking game. I can't even top 10 kills most of the time in a full game of rainmaker. Fuck this shit.

Oh man, Nintendo wasting my time freshing people.
Thanks squiddo

>get to level 10
>lose first ranked match
>lose second ranked match
>lose third ranked match
>meter actually gets a crack in it
Well fuck me then.

Is he alright

So, why does this game have regional matchmaking again?

>Dead S+ lobbies
>Same 3 quad teams in league battles over and over again
>Japanese players in the 1st game weren't even laggy

Who asked for this?

he needs that sidewalk puddle hydration

Wait, it's actually regional matchmaking now? Was wondering why I haven't seen a single Japanese player yet.

>Japanese players in the 1st game weren't even laggy
Take off those rose tinted glasses, or at least in my experience they were pretty bad and i had a wired connection.

Game has literally the same problems first one had.

Zero effort.

Stay mad Calliefag.

>Rainmaker C+
>Team consists of two Aerosprays
>We actually manage to teamwipe enemies
>Keep pressing This way!
>Retard takes the long route and instantly gets splat
>We still manage to get it really close to the goal
>Literally one feet away
>I ink the goal and press this way!
>same retard just inks the entire place with rainmaker and goes for kills
>We lose
>End of match, it's an Aerosprayer
>C-, level 10

EVERY TIME. Thank god I'm in B- now. I don't have to carry my team every match anymore.

>get rainmaker
>clear a path up the side wall
>Fucktard with rainmaker stands there shooting at nothing
>This happens twice in a row

DONT PICK UP THE FUCKIING THING IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO FUCKING PLAY FUCK I HATE YOU B-TARDS

>think to myself "Inklings are wholesome characters, there's no way you can make them intimidating!"
>Inkling boy with gas mask comes across like the most evil motherfucker in this doujin

NA/EU players were always more laggy in the 1st game

All you had to do was participate in a NA/EU splatfest and you could easily see how many teleporting players there were

That is a very unattractive squid

>your favorite piece of gear from 1 didn't make it into 2

Which was it, /ink/?

It's what happens with a jap host, and japs always host.

The thing is that this game actually fixes a fair number of flaws the 1st game had, but then fucks it up by adding shit like regional matchmaking when worldwide matchmaking for the 1st game worked perfectly fine

It's always 2 steps forwards and then 2 steps backwards with Nintendo

>That boy inkling.

ROADHOG TIME.

Without bones she probably weighs like half as much as you do, maybe less. Maybe that's it. This also has the effect of allowing Marie to sit on my face for an extended period of time without risk of neck damage.

Why does he pretend to be busy?

For a game where clothing is one of the main draws they sure didn't put a lot of effort in. Didn't even bother bringing over all the assets they already made for 1.

>easily zoned out
>meh at best kit
>average range

Yeah I practically lose every match with one

F

Why do we all?

STAHP

>You can't attack directly and you're outranged by everything. The only advantage you have is on ledges and around corners.

You're outranged by like, 2 things, and only by a couple pixels at that. Dont even know what you mean by "can't attack directly". At the end of other weapon's ranges they have spread which limits their TTK while the slosher has no issues raping you in 2 hits. Or a quick bomb and 1 hit.