Tips on deterring break ins?

I’m about to buy my first car (a 2001 Toyota) and I’m worried about car theft and break ins seeing as crime is getting worse in my city all the time.

So what’s Veeky Forumss recommendation? I’ve thought of buying a steering wheel lock but I barely see people using those anymore

Remove the steering wheel everytime you exit the car.

put a sticker warning about a security system you dont have.

install a camera in the car
always park near cctv cameras

dont live near niggers or hispanics

People don't use them because they don't know about them. 100.9% of people buying new cars already have an alarm system, so they figure they don't need a club. Milennials don't care about keeping their cars secure beyond locking since their parents can just buy a new one. A club is a good visual deterrent to an opportunist, but of course won't stop a determined thief.

Though not a visual deterrent, a clutch/brake lock is a much more "secure" option than a steering wheel lock.

Other stuff you can get are:
>having a manual transmission
>fake blinking light
>fake alarm system sticker (though I doubt anyone pays attention to this)
>install a kill switch

OP here,

The last point is my main reason for concern, there’s nothing I can do about where I live

Forgot to add, you can also just remove the fuse for your starter every time you park

Crazy idea but hear me out

What about painting your car in rally car colours and branding? It would make it extreme unique and identifiable the second it was stolen. It’s way easier for a cop to identify the neon pink and blue sedan covered in stickers than the nondescript white Toyota

Most of the people who steal cars just part it, so a unique color scheme won't help you when your car is scattered in 17 different places

Make sure your insurance company aren't scum and pay out a descent amount. If "people" want to steal your car they'll find a way to do it.

awww yay so edgy

Get a manual, nobody who steals cars would know how to drive it.

Fuel Cutoff switch.

Oh my God that looks comfy

Don't own an expensive car with lots of gadgets

Is that ignition key also a transmission lock?

store live snakes inside your car.

They can still steer it with an adjustable wrench if they're determined enough.

stop buying Honda.

>car hood acces is inside the car, no special trick to get inside to open it
>rim caps has a locklatch interior (look it up for your model)
>two key ignition start so hot wiring it is impossible without outside wiring

Either that or put the fucking wheel bars on the rims instead.

Don't leave anything in the backseat that someone may smash your windows for. I saw this one homeless lady that saw change in my car and she told her other homeless friend that there was quarters and shit out in the open. I moved my car and put all the change inside lol

Also make sure to lock your doors, at night I saw this guy checking all the parked cars for unlocked doors. What scum.

I live in Baton Rouge, La. Here, car theft isnt very common, but break ins are. It seems the trend nowadays is just to smash a window and grab something valuable. Car theft is too difficult and risky, its much easier to just smash the window and steal your phone you left in your car.

So with that being said, DO NOT LEAVE ANY VALUABLES IN PLAIN SIGHT INSIDE YOUR CAR! If you have nothing attractive to Mr. Criminal in plain sight, he moves on to another car. Hes trying to minimize the risks of getting caught. No point in smashing your window for nothing of value if the car next you in the parking lot has expensive jewlery laying inside the center console.

dont leave anything of value in your car
dont leave anything that looks like it could hold stuff of value: empty laptop bag
if it is really that bad where they break windows for change. then leave your doors unlocked
dont park where you see broken glass
do park in front of well lit, high traffic, and/or in front of houses or occupied buildings

I just remove fuses from my 99 Civic

tint your windows

Pull the fuse to the fuel pump, have cheap steel wheels with hubcaps, maybe a wheel lock if crime is really that bad. Put a GPS in the obd2 port and most importantly make sure the interior of your car is spotless. No change laying around, no garbage wrappers, nothing. Just make it blend in like a boring car. I wouldn't recommend having a steering wheel lock or a brake lock because that will make criminals more likely to break into your car. Makes them think there's something worth stealing inside if you're going that far to protect yourself

Install a battery cutoff switch somewhere nicely hidden, and a separate fuel pump cutoff in an even more hidden location, maybe even behind a piece of trim that you know how to remove. Get manual, and get a shift knob that shows a totally incorrect gear pattern. Car thieves are stupid 90% of the time, and will fall for the dumbest stuff. Also, don't leave anything of any value in view. Lock your doors of course, and if you really want to go all out then install an aftermarket alarm system.

>not disconnecting the tie rods every time you park

guys how do i prevent people from braking into my car?
its easy to stop people stealing the car its self but how do i keep people from trying in the first place, or even keep people from vandalizing it?

>there’s nothing I can do about where I live

It's just about being realistic. Police profiling has reason and statistics behind it.

Does that window security film work?

Dont live near niggers

Also niggers cant drive manual

park it inside your garage and drive a manual

Because everyone can just up and move whenever they want and economics aren't a thing

This. Im not even a /pol/ack but everyone should watch their backs on ghettos

Probably most Saab's only let you pull the key out in reverse.

Get a big fuckin snake as a pet and put him in the car to live.

Preferably eastern taipan, mulga or one of those stupid african snakes.

get a jesus fish

>driving stick is literally a theft deterrant in America

Is that how clubs are supposed to go?
Fuck, I've been putting them on backwards this entire time

Keep nothing valuable in the car, attach a note ti both front windows

"There is nothing valuable in this car, the doors are locked, plese don't break my windows".

And make sure you have your own way of physically disabling it like pulling the ignition fuse out of the fusebox and taking it with you.

Also don't have a nice car.

Yeah, pretty much.

*doors are not locked

This