Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KVTOKVihQKM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Neighborly reminder that a game missing strong space control is a worthless game.

Neighborly reminder that in its first month Tekken 7 has lost a bigger percenatege of its playerbase than SFV did within its own first month.

Neighborly reminder that Dragonball FighterZ will be a poorly designed fighter with abysmal space control, abysmal movement when compared to the Marvel series, single assists per character, and no character archetype variety.

It's like this picture should be sexy as hell in theory but the perspective is poorly done so it just looks weirdd

Is she trying to be a human fidget spinner?

>that pic
>this guy that posts this confirms hes a kappatard
pottery

Is jin honest?

>Despite being the protagonist shoto hyde has the lowest total health in UNIST

why?

Remember to play a fighting game today /fgg/

Remember to practice tech that you have trouble with

Remember to view replays of both your wins and losses and learn from them

Remember to always practice good sportsmanship, whether online or in person

Remember to help newcomers learn by playing constructively without trying to frustrate them (i.e. keep doing one thing until they learn to counter it)

Remember that your main is your main for a reason, and playing another character might set you back, but don't be afraid to change characters if you think it's best

Remember to watch some high-level play of the game or character you're learning

Remember to never discourage someone from playing a game they're interested in or having fun with

Remember that the lab can only teach you so much, real matches are the best way to learn

Remember to support and attend your locals and grassroots events, they're the backbone of the FGC

Remember to practice personal hygiene reguarly, especially if you're going to an event. How you look and smell isn't just a reflection on you, but on your game and the community as a whole

Remember to set realistic goals for yourself and keep working at them until they're realized

Remember to ask around to find sparring partners who play characters you're bad or inexperienced against

Remember that tier lists are generalized and tailored to the highest levels of play, so just play who you think is fun and don't blame your losses on your low-tier main or attribute your wins to your high-tier main

Remember to never dodge when you call someone out as being bad and they actually challenge you

Remember to seek out opponents who are of equal or higher skill

Remember that winning or losing isn't as important as improvement

Remember that no matter how bad you think you are, every single player you consider better than you was at your level at some point

And most of all, remember to have fun, /fgg/, because fighting games are something so great.

I CAN'T GET STREET FIGHTER TO FUCKING BOOT. I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING FOR THE PAST 5 HOURS. I'M GONNA FUCKING SCREAM PLEASE HELP ME.

What's this meme about ranked doesn't matter? Think punk would be this good if he just played lobbies with the same bronze level scrubs?
That's like going to the gym and only using the 3lb dumbbell and swear up and down you are gonna get swoll.
Other games don't have this problem. GG you can't even find a ranked match.

Angel was a fucking mistake

play Rashid's wife's game

Akatsuki is more shoto than Hyde

Also he's /pol/

because playbirf

akatsuki/gord is the shoto of UNIEL

karin is honest

Actually this is best boy.

Guilty Gear has a very aggressive setplay/reset based playstyle and a lot of mobility and super meter to play around with and cancel stuff into stuff

UNI is a ground based game that has massive spacing among most of the cast and a strong defensive focus but also has a meter that rewards you for playing aggressive, to make sure that you don't play passive and are constantly making decisions vs just mindlessly throwing plasma

What are the strengths/focus of blazblue? I honestly don't know anything about it.

>white cosplayer as jap
Why even bother posting this? What compelled her to do this anyway?

friendly reminder that if you think Sin/Sol are dishonest, you're trash at GG and dumb to start with

+5 throw in the corner is not honest

WHAT DO WE WANT?

SAKURA IN STREET FIGHTER V!

WHEN DO WE WANT IT?

NOW!

akatsuki doesn't count, he's a guest character. hyde is the well rounded main character yet multiple middle school girls have more health than him

>gord is a shoto
lol?

>waaaah race
just go back to kappa you pathetic polturd
why are you in the corner against? you made mistakes

never ever :^)
at least in S2

Is Street fighter worth? 20bucks on g2a

Best girl. Best boy is naoto or hibiki

literally worst boy.

Even fucking carl is better

I really hate this kind of costume and everyone who finds it hot by association

The sunglasses look retarded

The hat looks retarded

It makes you look like some 60 years old german woman

If she is fun I would main her. I am having too much fun with my wife right now.

play honest bee

i wouldn't know i play F(lol) Sacchin

cammy is best sf girl by a mile.

>Remember to practice personal hygiene reguarly, especially if you're going to an event. How you look and smell isn't just a reflection on you, but on your game and the community as a whole
Kek

Yeah but who got in the corner and thrown?

so did you

base game? isnt that worth it for? 20 imo? but its not a terrible deal?

Namco X Capcom didn't come out in America

>naoto
Enjoy your carpal tunnel

>play goober for about 2 hours
>don't know how many matches later check my goober buck
>I barely got anything
Am I expected to actually do the single player content to be able to afford shit? wdfugg

>gord

Ah yes, when I think of Shoto, I think of a guy with no fireball, a full screen overheads, a full screen DP, and a far range command grab.

Season three should be Sakura Violent Ken Evil Ryu and Dan

Are hitboxes better?

you can be the highest ranked netplay (insert character here) in the world and still get bopped in an offline tournament

netplay in general can teach bad habits and being forced to play against randoms with varying connections is never ideal for getting good

She's even more unga and just as dishonest in exchange for harder execution

>that cute tongue
hnnnnngg

>see the patch note for Injustice 2
>all of Swamp Thing's buffs aside from the general health buff for all large characters revolve around his shitty character power

Suck a dick, NRS. He's the lowest tier character in the game, just give him a goddamn damage buff and give vine grab armor all the time.

Does /fgg/ even talk about Injustice? Fuck it, I don't care, I mad.

>It makes you look like some 60 years old german woman
thats called reinventing yourself

Can't you fashion, brick?

Seriously how do you get a ranked match in GG? I'd love to just queue up and get a match.

I like it better than pad. I've never tried stick.

They have advantages and disadvantages.

Well that also has to do with nerves and experience in an offline setting. I think a master rank player has a better chance of making it out of pools than a bronze that plays lobbies all day. Or what ever rank you wanna insert here.

reminder that Guymam spent $7k on a shitty Naoto

Please help me. Street Fighter 5 won't stop fucking crashing on boot. I'm gonna fucking off myself.

>Went 2-2 in my first pools ever
Am I gonna make it

I'll have to agree

I played mvc 2 and dante and morrigan in mvc 3. Also been playing marvel in general since xvsf. Also played a lot of stepmania and guitar hero. My hands are used to punishment.

>guest character
So is this based on an anime or something? Because Akatsuki is legit the most interesting character

what did you do? try the steam integrity thing

Move to Japan.

Or play on consoles and embrace 2 bars

You won't drown

Nobody plays ranked in gg. They are scared of progression and muh points

says the retard who thinks hyde is a shoto

What error do you get? If all else fails try to reinstall it? Maybe the recent update got fucked downloading somehow

Ooh this dude is so salty

I mean, I would get salty too, but I don't know if I would show it THAT clearly, or at least try not to.

I respect it.

Depends if your local is a decent size or not

>What's this meme about ranked doesn't matter?
It doesn't.

>Think punk would be this good if he just played lobbies with the same bronze level scrubs?
This would be way more useful than playing some """gold""" level player who got a bunch of PP by running memes against people that don't know the matchup, never having to worry about being downloaded because ranked is always over after one game

are you on win7? sfv used to struggle with my win7

rank is just a pretty number
SnakeEyez, CEO champ got bopped out of EVO by ISDD, some diamond scrub
youtube.com/watch?v=KVTOKVihQKM

go to a japanese arcade and play on one of the cabinets

>tfw play supergirl and canary and they both got buffs

>Have kid
>Instantly become shit
LMAO he fell for the Asian wife meme

>Her face shape doesn't fit these sunglasses.

First pic you can shrug it off because of camera angle, this second one though... Ugh

Reminder James Chen is the fucking cummy poster

Game boots up, about a second of the opening cutscene plays and it closes itself. Reinstalled it twice now.
Windows 10
Didn't work.

there's no vagina in that picture

>/fgg/ finally has another Karin poster
The future is bright

put Drossel in mvci

I think Akatsuki is the most shoto character in the cast.
But Hyde also has shoto ass shit.

Unlike Gordeau, who has practically nothing a shoto would have, and makes me think you don't even know who Gordeau is.

Turn off your firewall.

Whens roxy

Serious question: Can you even netplay him?

Firewall and windows defender is all off. Also made it so the sfv folder and exe and steam are exceptions with windows defender+firewall

Linne is the uni shoto fags

later

he has a low forward
he has a fireball (force function)
he has a DP
he has a playstyle that both teaches you the game and is versitiale enough that you never get stuck in one style of play
you can play him full screen and capitalizing on opponents mistakes or upclose
his 6b overhead is literally a shoto overhead

>you don't even know who Gordeau is.
start a uniel lobby and i will body you with my gord shoto fundamentals into next week, bitch.

I actually have no clue then.

>What are the strengths/focus of blazblue? I honestly don't know anything about it.

like guilty gear on crack

Post your PSN, I'm working right now. I'll play you in 2 hours.

>Caring about the hat or whatever
Have you seen that thigh, m8?
The bra is quite ugly tho

Man this is my ninja

well thanks for trying to help anyway

>fireball, fully invincible and fast DP and spinning rush move with a QCB motion as well as a bunch of well rounded poking normals aren't enough to make someone a shoto

>but a projectile move that doesn't behave like a fireball at all and a bunch of other unrelated shit does

lmao

yo unist popoffs never thought id see the day

Is it balanced if most normals have their hitbox extend past their hurtbox

Linne surpasses shitty shoto design.

Tell me about cum

>only ryu is a shoto

09er? 16?

It was Combo Breaker, but a dead game