>Patch 1.09 has dropped:
blog.bioware.com/2017/07/04/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-09-notes/
blog.bioware.com/2017/07/04/mass-effect-andromeda-combat-balance-updates/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qqmNaOn56mc
youtube.com/watch?v=9Hkov3QcCpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ya2sJBTLVzg
nexusmods.com/masseffectandromeda/mods/456/?
youtube.com/watch?v=6QLhoXkmgAk
youtube.com/watch?v=0l3zz9qNM7I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gigi-chan best waifu

Always has, always will be

Something something spiky whatever

>implying he deserved that legacy in the first place

No one deserves this hell

Modern "art"?

I remember as a kid going to a museum. The one thing that struck me was a painting on permanent display. The one on the right in this pic. This one work made me despise most modern """ART"""

They have great exhibits usually too

That's not too bad, SF's MoMA has a 4'x6' painting on display that's just a painted a solid brass color. That's it. No lines, nothing. Just one solid color.

I wonder if I could get away with painting the word "Art" in neon pink Comic Sans on a neon green canvas, and have it classified as modern art.

EA's FY18 Q1 comments released today mention Mass Effect three times.

>The outperformance relative to guidance was driven by Ultimate Team, The Sims 4 and FIFA Online 3. Year-on-year growth was driven by the Mass Effect: Andromeda sales captured in the quarter and by FIFA.

>Digital net sales were $681 million, a new record for the first quarter, and up $113 million on the year-ago period. The increase reflects strength in live services, together with our Mobile business. In addition, Mass Effect: Andromeda was a significant contributor.

>Full game PC and console downloads generated net sales of $111 million, 32% higher than last year. This was driven by Mass Effect: Andromeda sales captured in the quarter. 34% of our full unit sales are now digital rather than physical, measured on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 over the last twelve months.

Not really news, but more relevant than the fiftieth "tfw no femtur talonjob" post. Transcript of the call itself will probably be up within the next few days. Maybe there's news in it. Probably not.

youtube.com/watch?v=qqmNaOn56mc

>MEA was a success
BIGGEST SCAM SINCE FALLOUT 4
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

And here I am, enjoyed playing both of them. I sure got scammed.

As someone who did art school I can attest that everything depends on your connections. Most of the weird bland art you see, like Koons, are "popular" mostly because the guy is a friend of the museum owner/gallerist who in turn is friend with an art trader. Art trader manipulates market to make the price of the art piece inflate artificially, then the art museum market the piece as being "precious".
It's becoming quite a problem. Art critics are speaking about a probable art market crash as more and more art pieces are judge not on their content/message/concept but either on their previous owners, their prices, the fact that it is government funded or that it's been artificially manipulated through stock market and museum colluding togethers.

If you want to see "real" and interesting modern art, look up what happens in Venice's biennale, or in small art residencies community, or in small independently funded galleries.

Yuro art is usually better off than yankee art. And I could speak about how Malevich's white on white was an important painting at his time but I don't want to bore y'all to death.

One thing to note is that current art doctrine is that "conceptual art" is taking over "material art", meaning that for some art pieces, the concept (protocol / though process) is more important than actually making the piece. It has ties to art philosophy, minimalism and the way the current avant-garde works.

Blogpost end.

sam hyde did a good piece on how to make it as a art major
youtube.com/watch?v=9Hkov3QcCpQ
2 hours
youtube.com/watch?v=ya2sJBTLVzg
15 min version

Good. Means ME isn't dead yet.
Means I could still get my femtur talonjob.

*fade to black*

stop this.

*kissy noises over loading screen*

*resume control of character, fully clothed, at the end of bed, LI back at their post*

It was never dead, but they don't care about it now. All that matters to Bioware is the success of Anthem

I just realised we couldn't even invite people in for post-romance cuddles like in Trilogy.

EA's FY18 Q1 Earnings Call transcript actually came out today. No mention of Mass Effect besides the three that were also in the Prepared Comments.

I miss the bed cuddle and sit-on-lap interaction. It was cute.

Addendum: they did mention Bioware and Anthem a few additional times.

>So we will have a slightly higher run rate for R&D. We're building out a new studio in Montreal as we've told everyone and we've hired over a hundred people into that studio that are brand new to EA. This is to build a new IP around Jade Raymond's team that she has been building. I was in that studio last month and it's a wonderful new addition to our team and we brought our BioWare Montreal team into that same facility, so they now all sit in one new studio together. We're obviously investing in Anthem which everyone got a chance to see at E3. That's out of the BioWare Edmonton team and they are very excited. We'll see some increases around that in terms of spending.

>As we continue to pioneer for our players, our portfolio will expand in FY 2019 and beyond. We deliver stories that you're able to play like the Star Wars action-adventure game being developed by the Visceral Games team. Anthem, our new IP from BioWare, will introduce a contiguous open world that is ever-changing and influenced by players as they band together and support each other in their journeys.

>Never too much product. I think we like our regular cadence. I think we've found a good cadence obviously with Battlefield and with Star Wars Battlefront. We're trying to make sure that we're leveraging our relationship with Disney on the Star Wars property, so aligning those where possible with their theatrical release schedules. So right now, our plan is not to change our cadence schedule. Clearly, we don't yet know how the cadence of new properties like Anthem or anything coming out of Motive will be – that's still to be determined. But I think we're pretty comfortable. We believe it rates a nice top line growth that's all organic from our teams, and we're very focused on making sure that it's very profitable along the way.

Are there even renegade options in Andromeda?

Ok guys story time this will be a fluff fic eventually
>it had been a long and stressful few weeks for Ulia, there was an audit coming and the higher ups wanted to make sure their books were all in order, this meant a lot of long days with hardly any time for a break
>with the final push of a button the young turian accountant slump down into her chair her head now gazing up to the plain ceiling letting out an audible sigh
>after a few minutes of staring at the celling she finally got up and headed to leave. But before she could exit the building when a bodiless voice called to her
>"hey Ulia" the distinct turian voice called out
>she turned to face the voice to see a pair coworkers standing beside them the turian waving her over
>she motioned on over the the group to see what they were talking about
>"hey ulia we were thinking about going to go get a drink, want to come?" A older looking turian said to her
>"I really would Drulas I really do, but after the week I had I just want to go home and drink what's ever under my sink" she responded
>"come one I bet the drinks taste better where were going" a asari insisted
>knowing that there was no way out of this situation, she decided to go along with it
>the group got into a skycar the asari at the front punched in the location
>as the sky car made it's way to the location Drulas spoke up "so where are we going Irulu" his head turing to the asari next to him
>"oh it's this sport center a group of humans built, they have such beautiful displays grace there" her eyes are filled with wonder as she remembers her first time there
>"wait I thought you said drinks not a sports center"? Drulas said utterly confused
>"oh they do serve a lot of different alcohol including turian brandy"
>"well then I can't complain" his concern laid to rest
>Umir just sat in the back on the skycar in silence the rest of the way

2/3
>when the trio arrived they notice a large number of humans loitering outside of the building, all in different groups and all with a glass in their hand
>"this place seems a little too grimy for you Irulu" Umir commented
>"it may seem bad on the outside but on the inside, it is a very classy establishment" Irulu shot back
>the trio entered the building,
> umir noted how new this place felt, a far cry to what was painted outside
>The three of them paid for their drinks and headed for the door leading further into the building
>Irulu opened the door much to the turians displeasure at the sudden gust of cold the left the room followed by the sound of cheering
>Irulu not wanting to miss anything ran up ahead, the turians still adjusting to the cold slowly made their way to her
>they saw groups of people dressed in red and blue sliding around on ice as they made their way to the asari both of them were confused
>when they reached her they saw her confused face
>"what's the matter" Drulas finally spoke up
>"last time I was here there was a woman performing a dance to some beautiful music here, not a bunch of huge apes chasing a plastic disk" Irulu finally spoke up
>before Drulas could say anything a couple of voices broke out of that "figure skating was yesterday" a pair of humans said
>as Drulas talked to the Irulu, Umir looked around her she noticed how low tech everything was wooden seats on concrete.
>out of the corner of her eye she saw a couple of krogan standing right behind the glass
>she could only wonder why korgen wer- she was cut off by a loud bang
>the trio jumped as a human crashed into the board just behind her, she turned to see it also startled their group
>the three heard the krogan laugh at the scene along with cheers from the crowd

>no "hey babe" when you go to talk to Vetra, even though the sound file's in the game, as she says it if you pass her by on Meridian

>the group looked at each other before they decided to make their way to their seats
>the game was fairly simple six players on each side and they use sticks to get the plastic disk into the other teams net
>as the game went on the group found themselves cheering when a team was able to score, weather it was the beer or they actually enjoyed the game was anyone's guess
>the game was now in a tie with less than 30 seconds left, both team franticly looking for a way to get a shot in
>the red team had pulled their goalie in an effort to tip the scales
>with less than 10 seconds left the blue team was able to get the disk free and shoot it down the ice
>one of the blue team's player was able to catch up to it and slide it in to the empty net with ease
>the crowd burst into cheers as the buzzer rang, the rest of blue team and some spectators hopped over the railing to greet the person who scored the round winning
>after all the celebrations the two teams lined up to shake hands
>once all the formalities were out of the way the trio made their way back to the sky car, Umir lagged behind to grab a schedule for the upcoming games to see when she can watch then again.
any criticism would be appreciated

To be perfectly hnest it's a bit... bland. I'd say. You have a very distant way to describe characters and action, it feels a bit cold. I can see what you were thinking in term of movement by reading you, but I don't feel any connection to what is happening in the stroy.
I think you should try explaining "why" the group enjoyed the evening, as in why they enjoyed this alien game. Was it the tension in the air ? The way they barely understand the rule but can understand the stakes ? How they mimic other human watching the hockey ?
See what I mean ? I think you can direct a clear "scene" but maybe try working on the inner details, on what the character feel more "inside".
Careful about the expression you use : "drink what's ever under my sink" is a very human and contemporary way of saying stuff. Does ME universe still use detergeant and cleaning agents ?
I hope it helps.

There aren't dumb renegade options in Andromeda. Ryder isn't the kind of guy that'll act edgy

shit you're right
ok i'll re write it tomorrow hopefully i can fix what you said

>Chew Liam on being an idiot and endengering everyone
>Get revenge on the Cerberus scientist by frying their brain
>Leave the mad Angara who's torturing the Kett to die in the cold.
>Kill Akksur
>Shoot Kalinda in the back
>Don't do Drack's loyalty, be a constant dick to him, choose Raeka over the Krogans, choose to keep the drive core, make him leave the Tempest.
>Keep the ancient AI for yourself.
>Lie to everyone
>Shoot Reyes in his dumb face.

There's plenty of fun renegade stuff to do.

So, I could do it? And they would let me. Fucking amazing.

What would happen if the art market did crash? Widespread poverty? Unanimous unemployment?

>ywn watch the Mass Effect version of WrestleMania
>ywn meet Hulk Krogan

They would let you if you've buddied up with the owner of the museum or have a close friend in stock market to manipulates prices to your advantage. Maybe. In all honesty all the "modern art" you see in the big museum are not very representative of what's on the current art scene.
Good art critics would probably tear you a new one if they see through your game.

As for the art market crash, around 90% of active artists already live through low income and diagonal ways of making their art knowns through small and local cricles. One of my art teacher managed to sold one of his project to a national TV station for the grand price of 150€. Thought one of my friend had a collector come to buy her (well-made) painting for 100€. Luck is a big part of success in art.

If the art market did crash, it will probably lead to devaluation of the art pieces in museum, no more financial help from the governement to support small indie movie-maker, and some collections loosing all their financial value. Probably. I'm not a financial expert but that's what could happen.

To be short : you could, and nothing would stop you from proposing your painting to a small gallery, but unless you have a strong and insightful explanation on why you choose to do something so simplistic you're gonna be laught out of the door, and big museums only showcase the big names already.

Stone Cold Steve Batarian

>Undertaker would still be there.

would he still be a alcoholic women beater
wait
he's a bt

Not the other user, but you started with Ulia and transformed into Umir.

Underturian
"Slavery is an inalienable right!"

fuck me i am too out of it
thanks

Elcor the Giant?

Would Mankind be a jolly and risk-taking Volus who would often cheat death during matches?

AND [HIS] NAME
IS
J'OHN
T'SINA!

Get out.

>Anthem, our new IP from BioWare, will introduce a contiguous open world that is ever-changing and influenced by players as they band together and support each other in their journeys.

>I think we've found a good cadence obviously with Battlefield and with Star Wars Battlefront.

Deader than a hurian fetus in utero.

>reading a vetra x scott fic
>scott gets captured by kett
>saved by a machine that can mind control kett
>returns to vetra
>"scott i can't do this anymore when i saw that you were captured my heart almost broke at the thought of you being exulted."
>"so i wanna break up"
it doesn't happen because scott presses for them to stay together but wtf did you do to vetra she would more likely be
>"scott i was so worried" then the fucking begins

I don't know why ME fanfics fall into that same cliche so often. I don't think people comprehend that all the husbandos and waifus are also combatants who have killed dozens to hundreds of people each, and that realistically there's a significant risk of death for both Shepard/Ryder and the husbando/waifu every single time they do a routine mission (which, in ME, usually translates to "kill blast your way through these power-armored, coilgun-toting commandos while outnumbered 20-1"). That should just be accepted fact and part and parcel of any relationship.

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Not the crew romances. Remember that the Tempest is always parked in a safe zone, only Ryder and co. get into danger

this is vetra though

Which gets even weirder when you consider that a few of them are borderline serial killers, and others are veteran soldiers / pirates.

Why are you on a fucking scouting ship for a intergalactic colonization project if you don't like danger you literal faggot?

Yeah I know but he kept it general. I just wanted to point out that, yes, the squad romances wouldn't overreact like in that fic, but the crew might. As the screenshot I posted shows that Gil somewhat chastised Ryder for his reckless behavior

>Why are you on a fucking scouting ship for a intergalactic colonization project if you don't like danger you literal faggot?
He's just worried about losing Ryder, especially with a kid on the way.

I kept it general because I forgot about crew romances (like Bioware). I just wanted to emphasize that this would apply to people other than the most noticeably hardened characters like Vetra and Jack- everyone on the ground team, including supposed innocents like Tali and Liara, also kill hundreds of people and go on dangerous missions weekly, and so would be in the same boat.

I thought the setting behind it was interesting. Could always give some short descriptions to what each of the three were thinking while watching the game. I can't really give any criticism that wasn't already stated here though Good luck with it user.

>Two eezo asteroid miners working in a distant planet.
>Human engineer in a dead end job. About Alec's age.
>Krogan drifter who just need the money.
>Nothing exciting ever happen in those parts.
>One day, strange readings.
>Abandonned facility in an asteroid.
>Human go for exploration while Krogan monitors.
>Station is using all energy to keep a single cryo pod alimented.
>Inside is a femturian in statis.
>Crew take the stasis out of the station. Both of them refuses to wake the turian up because of racial rivality.
>Get back to mining until reaching Alliance authority.
>Femtur wakes up on her own through pod automatic stuff.
>No memories, don't know who or why she's been there. Barefaced so no colony.
>Inside the pod is a turian colony insigna.
>Through teeth-clenching teamwork and lots of "I'm too old for this", they go on a quest to help the femtur.
>Fall in love maybe
>Femtur is the daughter of a famous crimeboss who put her in cryo to put her out of arms way + medicine to supress memories. Now that she's back pirate are trying to find her again.

How would that sound, /meg/ ?
I've watched Trava fist planet again.

They're all worried about losing Ryder, he's the Pathfinder. If he's going to let his fear control his love, then he shouldn't have shot his AIDS into Ryder's ass.

huemonkey's are immune to most diseases.

Is it ever explained how the Terminus makes sense from a worldbuilding point of view? An entire sector of space, thousands of populated worlds, of nothing but micro states, pirates, mega-crops, mercenaries, etc., and there's no attempt by the major powers of influencing it except the batarians? And apparently despite being utterly chaotic the turian councilor is sure they'd ban together to fight the rest of the galaxy if even a section of their ambiguously defined space was used by a Citadel Fleet when hunting Saren and the geth?

>Human, Brogan, and Turian story
Sounds cool.

yeah i was way to tired when i wrote this
i've been spending a lot of time at a rink in montreal and it just came to me that no xeno would skate
although they would enjoy it asari would love it for the gracefulness of figure skating turians and krogan would enjoy it for the brutality of hockey
it's also a excuse to get hammered and watch people slide on bladed shoes for several hours

As long as the Gay exists, so will HIV/AIDS.

imo Terminus is basically Africa, and Omega & Illium are Egypt & South Africa respectively.

apartheid south africa

Do you not know how immunization work?

To be fair, Gil keeps to himself and had deep regrets about joining the Initiative. So losing the guy that's help him get over that regret is pretty a scary thought

You really think the blue thot planet is above something like apartheid? Anyway, Illium and SA are rich, Omega and Egypt are poor.

Of course, I was just memeing about the whole gay AIDS thing (I don't even think they have anything short of cancer in ME). I'm not even sure how we got started on that.

no i meant that illium is pre apartheid because right now south africa is fucked

But foreign powers but into Africa all the time, and no one's concerned that all of Africa will band together to fight the rest of the world if the USA decides to send their Navy to hunt for pirates and terrorists in their waters.

>oh man watch out its the famine force here to attack us with poor tactics and out dated weapons

At the end of Overlord, should I save David?

Yes

hello pls dl and endorse my mod pls thanx

nexusmods.com/masseffectandromeda/mods/456/?

Just read through that art book someone posted. Is there one for Andromeda?

Maybe~

So I was playing Prey and came across Dr.Igwe and realized he has the same VA as Javik. Anyone come across the obscure VAs (that is, not Keith David, Martin Sheen, Yvonne Strakohovsky) in non-ME works?

reeeee

Does it count that I just found out raiden voiced the grounds keeper an various other turians in mass effect 2

David is cool, save his ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=6QLhoXkmgAk

Do you have a link?

This was long time ago but when I was playing LA Noire, I noticed that one of the minor guys in the office was voiced by Brandon Keener.

So there's that Citadel Noire when?

no______________

But I'll tell you what. I'll post it here in bits and pieces over the next couple starting tomorrow

>that "Impressive!" at the end

Damn, made me jump.

Didn't Garrus also do a McDonald's commercial? I know he's an NPC voice in Fallout 4 as well.

Fuckin' knew it. You cheeky bastard.

Brandon Keener plays a psychopathic child rapist and murderer in an episode of Criminal Minds. He gets his head caved in.

Thanks, friend. Have some degeneracy is return.

it's all just to remind you that I occasionally still bump in here.

muh gud name

a little teaser

that's from the Batman Adventures comic

I feel bad for Brandon Keener, imagine being typecast.

Imagine being typecast due to a 3rd-rate video game series.

Imagine being typecast due to a 3rd-rate video game series and you used your regular voice (+ reverb).

youtube.com/watch?v=0l3zz9qNM7I
I guess his VA did do one.