/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Meme Case Pic Edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favorite cases or characters it's all welcome here.

>What is Attorney Online?

In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases, Investigations and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Ded)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/13DDwBcpxQp3p7AQDSLLf6TysJTsDr_EbypQs45zHZ-4/edit
Be sure to check there for the Quickstart Guide!

>Gameplay footage?
You can find a list of streamers and recorders for a general time frame here:
pastebin.com/kg2VnSYd

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of individual cases cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>How to create black footage for the 3DS games
docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#

>News
DGS2 trailer youtube.com/watch?v=U6oclCrPyNo
DGS1 translated playthrough is back on youtube youtube.com/watch?v=0m-AdWHDEAA&list=PL1vvPkGTr_iR67W3Cpmw5APvfCoQYmVoX
The practical portion of the mod exam has finished

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/ceEYj
docs.google.com/document/d/1bLoXo8k0Ym1D9MOmaO-fLBROXlgDJ6UXnr7olppTobM/edit#heading=h.erb63fcn3c1b
youtube.com/watch?v=DDkm9lHXF3I
docs.google.com/document/d/1OTWQ8vxYIXrVcfimmFCjnSPNfPAgDl3mjMsnadnyFLc
twitch
docs.google.com/document/d/1XpBMYLkPBVbAGyNnEsmS4b3yEpf6DW15ggZDhw2j1FU
youtu.be/3ON46p55Fbw
docs.google.com/document/d/1XpBMYLkPBVbAGyNnEsmS4b3yEpf6DW15ggZDhw2j1FU/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/18US80E0M7YjKZ5tEzw-6nz43fnswa5mrQZ-iM1J2fH0/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just want LawfulDickish to sit on my face until his thick ass suffocates me.

1>4>3>2

Have you ever cased while drunk?

OP pic was a really fun case.

Thoughts on the mod exam?

The first one was better.

The people who banned gato should be modded immediately.

What are some recorded cases that should be on a list of "AOV Highlights"? A diverse selection from across the server's history would be nice

GINA WAKE THE FUCK UP

Post your best case pics

I can't believe the witness got muted and kicked by two different applicants.

>bro tells people that no random allowed is being banned on sight
>aplicants hear this
>gato does this before they can open the doc
Shitty way to fail but I can't deny it's their own fault for forgetting the no shitposters meme too.

>every case I even look at turns into a meme case
HOW DO I OVERCOME MY CURSE

>banning someone who isn't breaking the rules

Which people banned the witness?

Second dude muted the legitimate witness instead of the imitator.

Third dude muted and kicked the legitimate witness because his testimony title was ~ No Random Allowed ~

If you mean bro, I'm pretty sure or at least I hope he gets sure it's someone with intention to spam.
If you mean the aplicants, I never said that. That ban/kick/mute was retarded no matter how you look at it.

>I never said that
*I never meant to defend them

Yeah, they clearly made sure the spammer is gone since he hasn't popped up since yesterday with those resets that happened.

We need a steno, wit 1, and lead defense for a library case in area 3

Spelunk is an oldie.
I think the chrono trigger one was recorded?
I'd say MAAI3 but the recording is bonked.

imgur.com/a/ceEYj
So big I can't even post it on the thread.
Pic related is an actual "pic" that I like.

Scratch that, case was abandoned because everyone left for the shiny new format. It's almost as if trying to start a case during that time was a bad idea

Got an name for the chrono trigger one?

Linkin Turnabout is a good recent one.

A Turnabout In Time

>try building a case for the first time
>this happens
docs.google.com/document/d/1bLoXo8k0Ym1D9MOmaO-fLBROXlgDJ6UXnr7olppTobM/edit#heading=h.erb63fcn3c1b
What went wrong?

Well you posted an editable doc in the thread, that was horrible mistake number 2

youtube.com/watch?v=DDkm9lHXF3I

Thanks, Doc.

I made a copy.
docs.google.com/document/d/1OTWQ8vxYIXrVcfimmFCjnSPNfPAgDl3mjMsnadnyFLc

Basically
>No conclusive evidence
>No damning testimony
>Both leads were new
>"Help" turns out to be more cumbersome than useful
>Everything is very arbitrary

Hungry for Turnabout ended up better than expected. Began as a clusterfuck with a sequel premise and blossomed into something wonderful.

The voting thing is underway with 4 contests for you to vote on. Pick which one you like best and vote.

>Uselessmod
Which one?

namoo

Anyone have that picture of that trucy wanting to ERP and saying she is M O I S T?

>only 4 entries

this ain't workin

or a lot of the people who usually submit forgot to write something

or the words fucking suck

>Not bombing oriental banks

The trick is to pick words that don't pidgeondick everyone into all writing the same scenario.

This persona format is taking fucking years
T. guy who is recording it, having been here for ten hours

The real question is: "What went right?"

>Go to sleep after persona format starts
>wake up
>it's still going

kill me

Being an adult is knowing when you should switch off the box and go to sleep, but it's too late now. You have to go to bed today, earlier than you normally would.

Four or five hours earlier, even.

I think my computer developed sentience, it won't turn off

It's over.
Holy shit.
IT'S OVER.
RIP STENO
RIP SLEEP SCHEDULES
RIP ANY HOPE AND DREAM OF ONESHOTS
it was fun as fuck to peanut but holy shit it's far from the most conventional to play

going up on youtube tonight/tomorrow morning

Doc link?

twitch tv/videos/162615619
twitch highlight is up, exporting to youtube has begun

docs.google.com/document/d/1XpBMYLkPBVbAGyNnEsmS4b3yEpf6DW15ggZDhw2j1FU
Doc might lack an ending because it was in prime nitekrew hours and when we needed a replacement steno, it was the crack of dawn.

Friendly reminder that Veeky Forums is playing TODAY against /tv/ in the Summer cup in 2 hours. >Greg will be on the team and they'll be using our team's courtroom pitch, so tune in if you'd like to see that

Memes?

Memes.

nice

youtu.be/3ON46p55Fbw

please don't die

Well was it good?

What is this "Masked Man = Asougi" fandom debacle and where can I find it

basically promo materials for dgs2 show a new character that people have called "The masked man" or "The Phantom" (real original I know).

He bears a striking similarity in face shape and height as well as the promo materials mentioning he's adept with a sword and has amnesia.

Ah, I remember seeing him on the official website. He's called "Masked Disciple" there.
Huh, well, no wonder. If all those guesses turn out to be true, would that count as an "untwist"? Just curious.

Fuck if I know. Not like AA is known for having surprise culprits or doing bait and switches.

Some people are retarded.

Don't give the retarded people any attention.

This, AA is always about "how they did it" rather than a "who did it"

And occasionally "Why they did it".

I'm not up for debating them. Too much of a bother.
I need to subsitute on something before the game comes out and shit hits the fan.

Veeky Forums's playing against /tv/ right now, so check out the stream in pic related or go to the >synchtube

no >Greg there but our stadium is still nice to rep us

Someone said he looks like sherlock
why

Sherlock disguising himself as random stuff is a meme.

>The Phantom
>Phantom
>Spectre
>Liquid
>Liquid is Japanese
>Liquid was the one who put in the fucking prank case and winged lions into SoJ

I knew someone was leaking our memes to capcom

Liquid has been a Capcom spy all along

What order do you think the mod exam takers went in?

Seeing as the second muted the witness and the third banned them, I can only assume they're the only two incompetents, Noise and Sigma.

Take Your Heart: Officially now the longest single-run case format
When's the next one?

Regardless of who they are, I don't want any kneejerk mods who will act on someone without warning.

I mean a curt "Fuck off with that shit." for someone who's not been warned yet is usually a good idea.

If you've been warned for it previously though, off to the gulag with you.

How's this new format work exactly?

Badly

I watched the video and looked at the doc. It looked slow, sure, but interesting and fun.

You can find some explenations
Here: docs.google.com/document/d/1XpBMYLkPBVbAGyNnEsmS4b3yEpf6DW15ggZDhw2j1FU/edit
And Here: docs.google.com/document/d/18US80E0M7YjKZ5tEzw-6nz43fnswa5mrQZ-iM1J2fH0/edit

It doesn't.

There were just a bunch of friends circlejerking and roleplaying then remembering "oh shit we gotta do the actual case now" hours in.

So exactly like persona, huh?

It's similar to the gameplay flow of Persona games. If you've no idea what they are like (like I did until the case started), it's basically Psychonauts in that the end goal is to change the target for the better by going into their mind and defeating their inner demons. However, unlike Psychonauts, not all of the things you need in order to progress are in the mind. The targets have real world connections, Persons of Interest, who carry secrets needed to complete their mission. Players switch between delving into the "palace," the mind of the target, and real life, where they collect information from POIs. There is a pseudo time limit(, ironically enough); the game takes place over the timespan of a few days to supposedly a month, limiting the number of actions the players can do.

The current format is great for Chronos. It has to be manhandled greatly for single sessions.

>Circlejerk formats

What about a chrono is a circlejerk, anyway?

I know "circlejerk format" is a meme, but from what I've seen anyone can doc race for a position within it.

Yeah, we get it. Anything you don't like or bother looking into is a circlejerk. Kyle Hyde ripped when?

You can but people ignore that fact and get angry for the sake of it.

Honestly if I could get some decent files I'd rip him. Issue is that the only surviving ones are resized or incomplete.

just found out I failed the mod exam, gg guys

This shit isn't a courtroom case, fuck off to FTL if you want to jerk yourself over FoTM weeb trash

Damn shame, he'd be fun to play.