/vn/ - Imouto Edition

Visual Novel General #1559

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/s/0f6cf84bf6/731862-380
microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=11533
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I _____ SP

holy SHIT that was a fast fucking thread.

Mihiro a best.

FUCK

JUST 50% MORE!

Even if you don't like BL/Otome, that's unnecessarily cruel and very unprofessional

Shitposting finds a way

Libra 18+ patch please
Toa is bae

VNs with nice legs?

Are you retarded? It's been on nyaa for a month now

any empress title

they have literally perfected feet and thigs

>Tfw at 49% downloading at 300KBps
Being a neet living with parents was definitely a mistake and a poor life choice. If I had a job I could just bought wagahigh and have 1GBps download

me and my cats

Happy birthday to KEY greatest creation.

^_^

>supporting SP

Don't trust this game, it has klezmer music.

Things get heated , when there are releases happening.

>Libra 18+ patch please
But the hcontent is already out?

me and my cats

Is there a teacher route?

Are you stupid or do you not realize the 18+ version has been out since day 1?

Only in the fandisc which SP won't release

What about this kind of girl gamer?

the .rar wagahigh torrent from the last thread is corrupt for me, redownloaded 3 times now. anyone else having this problem?

I have a job and live alone and could easily afford this but fuck supporting SP. Like seriously, on principle, I will never ever buy their shit

IS THAT A FUCKING...

She had the best sex scenes.

This scene was hot

Kei best girl

I think SP has teased the fandisc which they've never done before so maybe there's a chance

douzo

It's been out for weeks.

Who thought this was a good idea?

haven't read YMK since like a year after release, only ever did the class president route

redownloading immediately and doing that route right the fuck now

Switch the font settings around. The default is like that for some reason.

I LIKE LOLIS!

Wow, we went through that last one pretty fast. Guess our hate for sekai still unites us after all these years.

It worked just fine for me. What's the md5sum of the .rar that you download? Also maybe update your winrar client or something?

>Regardless of what goes on behind the scenes, there will be a relatively okay release of most of their upcoming stuff.
They've really been pretty sub par. If not outright laden with bugs or worse. And they quite literally employ people who don't know Japanese and or were already fired elsewhere due to not being able to do a good enough job. And I am not just talking about the past, it's true for upcoming projects of theirs as well such as Dracu-Riot and others.
Their numbers of actually good freelancers have been few and far between.

>regardless of the bullshit that occured with Baldr Sky, and if Sekai were to go under they have a lot of titles that would suddenly no longer be getting a translation even if they went under for good reason.
If it weren't for Sekai Project we would have already gotten Baldr Sky ages ago, and it would have no doubt be at a higher quality too due to the above mentioned reasons. Grisaia would have almost certainly been completed years ago as well. By the end of the day Sekai Project have never delivered a kickstarter on time ever and they fail to do just about anything on time almost regardless of what it is.
But even disregarding this. Without Sekai Project the licences wouldn't be locked off from others who can actually get the job done properly unlike Sekai Project. And they wouldn't be locking down any fan translators either.

Sekai Project really haven't contributed anything at all. And their more holding good licences hostage more so than actually doing good work with any of them. Fuck. Just look at picture related.
Sekai Project going under so that the titles could have a chance to be localized without Sekai Project would unironically be just about the best thing that could happen to them.

Of course I'd absolutely love it if Sekai Project could actually do decent work. But all the years since they first started have just time and time again shown the contrary. They've ruined a lot and made so, so much, much worse.

Nothing turns me on more than an artist that can draw proper feet.

>Chuue sucks the SP dick in hopes they let him edit that pedoshit game

Ayyy

>tfw I'll never fuck a fairy in the ass

If today was the shitstorm for Wagahigh, just imagine what tomorrow is going to look like for a fandisc people actually were waiting for

Yes, user! That is indeed a fairy.

Relatively low? People are just mostly shitting on SP today.

>First Imotopara had two top-tier lolis
>Sequel only has one mediocre loli
I was disappointed.

Her route made me angry

>two top-tier lolis
Uh you mean one. Koharu was amazing. Piss fetish loli was annoying

not high level enough to know about md5sums and google made it look vaguely complicated, but I didn't think of updating winrar because, presumably, i'm a retarded person

will give it a shot, thanks

I thought she was cute and you had the nice threesome scenes.

Is this the VN with tennis

Why did they remove the top comment that read quoted Aroduc with the line
>if you've got an in with Giga, and want to release the game in English somewhere Sekai Project doesn't have it licensed, I know a guy
?
There was absolutely nothing wrong with the post.

Most of the bugs or translation issues is a problem with the English community having very low standards. I said "relatively okay" in the sense that it will be good enough that few people are going to avoid the releases because of those issues, as opposed to something like Konosora or ChuSinGura 46+1. The Libra translation (not Sekai) was filled with problems and the Chrono Clock translation was filled with questionable translation choices, yet plenty of people played through them.

The main issue is that as long as these titles continue to do well few are going to care about what goes on behind the scenes, even if it is as bad as the situation with Aroduc. But that isn't going to change just because people want the translation pipeline to continue and the problems with the releases aren't big enough for most of the community to care about. Although even beyond the vocal part of the community that will continue to support Sekai, WagaHigh is going to outsell the Denpa version because a large portion of the market isn't even going to know enough to look for an R18 release, let alone the drama associated with the localization process.

Looked at the wagamama high spec steam reviews to see how it was supposed to have turned out while waiting for the 18+ version to be uploaded. Judging by this, is the translation is fucked?

All md5 checksum is a way of verifying a file. You run the md5 sum check on a file, and it outputs a string of numbers/letters based specificlly on the file's content. You then can match that string what it is supposed to be, and that way you can tell you transferred a file without any loss or anything.

And honestly I doubt you would download a corrupted .rar file three times in a row unless youre having some serious hard drive issue. So check your winrar client first.

I want to fuck my imouto.

>because a large portion of the market isn't even going to know enough to look for an R18 release
I don't 100% think that's true. I know Steamtards can be idiots and buy anything they want but even for someone to consider buying a VN at all, you'd have to know something about it. Mainly that there's an uncut version out there. From what I've heard the forums were abuzz asking about "Where's the 18+ patch" but kept getting threads deleted meaning that there is some kind of general public knowledge out there. See that opinion might have been true in late 2015/early 2016 but as time goes on, people will gain an interest and want to wonder where the uncut version is

Reminder that

There's nothing wrong with lying to your customers.
There's nothing wrong with delaying things multiple times then never saying anything about it.
There's nothing wrong with promising physical goods for your generous backers and then cancelling those goods without giving any reason.
There's nothing wrong with releasing things unfinished because you've delayed it long enough.
There's nothing wrong with having some of the worst NDAs known to man, restricting virtually everything aside from signing off your human rights.
There's nothing wrong with hiring a new PR rep for your BL/Otome branch then leaving them stranded on the other side of the country without a way back home because you "Graciously" flew them there.
There's nothing wrong with running kickstarters nonstop because everybody pirates your shit because they'd rather drop dead than support a company that for all intents and purposes should have keeled over long ago.
There's nothing wrong with picking up as many projects as possible to restrict any other company from forming ties and to somehow give enough empty promises to stay afloat.
There's nothing wrong with trying to get away with disincluding 18+ content to save money and effort (and probably sell it at the full value anyways) and only after massive uproar be forced to commit to an 18+ release anyways.
There's nothing wrong with slowly changing to giving no info because your company is so filled with bullshit that the community barely has to try to call out on things and your employees can't take the heat.

Nothing wrong at all. Sekai Project is the best company on earth. I'm happy to sell my fucking soul to them and suck on the balls of dovac for all eternity. MankoGrabber can't put out a good release, look at how Dal Segno went despite it being the only release in recent times to have any significant errors. Chrono Clock was only like that because it was 84% done and they wanted to at least release it despite being a month late.

>/OURGUYS/ irru and trip actual translate and edit the phone in hatsukoi, even redrawing things themselves
>professional translators dont even bother
So was Chuee right about fan translators being worse quality?

The Skyrim reference was included within the original Japanese text.

Yes.
exhentai.org/s/0f6cf84bf6/731862-380

fuck you dovac/chuee

Cause mods are sekai pawns

>Skyrim jokes confirmed
BAZINGA

Whats teatime? do japs really have that on their phones?

Which Waga are you going to mama first?

>is the sekai project sellout right about anything
gee i wonder

The class rep, she's a cutie

Pink->Imouto->Yellow->Black

Incest, of course. Hell, it's the only reason I'm putting up with the cowtits.

imouto, always, every time.

cool, i'll give that a shot then if this doesn't work. considering that even the winrar installer got fucked up until I disabled my avast shields I'm pretty sure it was just avast's fault

ran without one for years, got one to get rid of my terrible virus pile, now that that's done i'm already considering getting rid of it. absolute shitpile

Evens - Wait for Princess Evangile fandisc and read that
Odds - Start Wagamama now

user, do you want to be banned?

You can use this program from Microsoft:
microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=11533

You have to run it in a command line though so hopefully that isn't too hard for you. It takes a few minutes to run because it has to check a 4GB+ sized file. Once it finishes you want the md5sum to be the following string:

ff56e94bde825cd9fe0305dea0ced8e5 ..\wagamama high spec.rar

If it is that, then you know you have downloaded the file correctly without any kind of corruption, and it is a matter of getting the right program to unzip it.

You can do anything if you sell popular vns with catgirls for less than $10. Those fans of the games do not care about any of the behind-the-scenes.

Rulers change. Borders change. Countries change. The only constant is money. They have made lots of money on a few properties - they can do what they want with whatever or whoever they want. This is reality. Like ANY subculture, there was money to be made from it and they swooped in to take it.

Since when SP doesn't fuck a translation?
Their "localizations" and memes are well known.

Imouto. The only reason why I play that game.

B-b-but Chuee said that official localizations mean high quality!

i did the white hair and some class pres

didn't know such a scene existed hot damn

I am guessing there will be faults with the Wagahigh translation, but the Skyrim reference isn't going to be a sign of that since the same Skyrim reference was used in the Japanese version.

I never played skyrim, what was the joke?

I prefer localization over literal translation most of the time, what happened with ChronoClock however, is straight up retarded.

Grissaia's TL wasn't that bad. I mean I didn't play Kajitsu's because I read the fanTL already but Meikyuu's was okay

Yup, you can expect a high quality of memes not worse than from certain CC.

Imagine that fucking powerbill, and how hot it gets in that room. All the hot air exhausts in the back is blocked by the wall so those machines aren't going to last.

3/10 -- at least good cable management

Remember when Koestl liked us

What the fuck happened with Chrono Clock?

I don't like lolis

user, I didn't play skyrim either and still got the joke. It's probably the most overused meme this decade

I want to stroke Azusa's hair

That's fine, but don't lewd her.

The editor had a "brilliant" idea about how to change the dialogue for the localization and no one stopped him, then it was rushed out before editing was complete since Sekai wanted it out the door by the end of February.

I hate to break it to you but there's an entire route in a VN devoted to lewding her.

What kind of changes are we talking about? Completely different conversations, or just extremely localized dialogue?

can I spank her butt

Yeah but that is in the privacy of my own house, not on /vn/ in front of all the anons.

One of the characters has combination of odd British slang, along with adding random (not always commonly known) Japanese words in place of where the original had random English words.

Was released with a very poor translation, it was half edited, full of obscure weestern memes, the settings were left untranslated and DD.

It's all liquid cooled