Which BMWs can be bought at 100k+ and are inexpensive to maintain? I'm about to go to college

Which BMWs can be bought at 100k+ and are inexpensive to maintain? I'm about to go to college

From what I gather, E30 is cheaper than an E36/E46 but the downside is that they're harder to find in good condition and (as a side effect of age) more things will start to slip

Other urls found in this thread:

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/1999-m3-2door-sliver-clean/6435597719.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/1997-bmw-e36-m3-coupe-5-speed/6436055444.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

E36’s are generally pretty fine

> E30 is cheaper than an E36/E46

Not for long, prices for clean e30's are right near those two. however the E30 is still cheaper to work on.

w124 Mercedes.

E30s prices will appreciate, I guarantee

Ha

Literally anything else that isn't German

E30 is doable if you find a good example from the getgo

At least here in europe the E36 is way cheaper than E30

Fag

All old BMWs are full of rust already. E34 is the best option for poorfag though

E36 with an I6 is your best bet
Parts are very affordable and the car is easy to work on
Spring for a 328is over a 325 or 323, it has the ZF gearbox from the M3
Expect to replace things made out of rubber or plastic as they are 20 years old

What about an e36 M3? I see a few around me for under $10k but with over 140k miles. I would go for a later model one with the s52. I would love to put a turbo in one, but I've heard that it's better to turbo M52s instead.

A real dream would be to swap a M or S52 into an E30 then boost THAT car. I know I will want a turbo eventually, but swapping an e30 on top of that would add a lot of hassle.

None of them are particularly easy to maintain, but older is better, generally. Even e30s aren't simple cars. FWIW, 5 series are considered higher quality.

If you can't afford a mint E36 M3 don't bother
They are getting much harder to find
I'm sure you see some under 10k and think they are a good deal but probably worth a fuck lmao
Mileage is almost entirely irrelevant at 20 years old
If you have the idea to turbo it and go for big power, 328is.
I supercharged my M3 and turbocharged my 328is for that reason

> e30s aren't simple
Yeah maybe if you're deaf, blind, and dumb

>I'm sure you see some under 10k and think they are a good deal but probably worth a fuck lmao

idk this one looks pretty good. orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/1999-m3-2door-sliver-clean/6435597719.html
And this one is $11k, but it's apparently a rare color
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/1997-bmw-e36-m3-coupe-5-speed/6436055444.html

But I'm pretty new to bmw in general. If the only M3s worth getting are well over $10k I might as well save up a little more for an E46 that I would probably keep stock.

I bought my E34 a few months back for $600 Australian. All that needed work was the front-left brake caliper and the fluids. Total spend about ~$400 ontop and now it's running quite well. Things like the radiator and water pump were replaced around 2008, so it's pretty new. Absolutely love the thing and all that really needs work is cosmetics.

Get an E34, so underappreciated. E30/E36 are nice, but totally inflated pricing.

So much this.

I would just wait op, one serious repair could put you in the red, with that said my choice would be an e36

>Even e30s aren't simple cars.

I've been looking to buy an E30, preferably convertible but there are slim pickings in my area (Houston). Budget is $4k-7k.

I'm not a stranger to turning a wrench and have a workshop in my garage with a hydraulic lift. I've never done major mechanical work, however.

There are a shitload of E36 M3's for sale in my area, but I just have a feeling they are much larger moneypits compared to the E30.

Thoughts, advice, or calling me a faggot are appreciated.

I've been looking into bmws for a while and seems like the E46 is the best choice. looking for a manual 330i, but so far I've only seen a few that are priced quite high...but just wondering before asking a pre purchase inspection and my visual inspection, does a obd2 scanner be enough or I need a different scanner for them?

imo you don't need a scanner for an e46 as everything can be inspected yourself, everything is simple enough

just get a civic for 3k fag.

I know mostly I need to aware of the plastic parts, but I thought it has quite a lot of electronic parts.

If there's something wrong with electronics there will be a light glowing on the dashboard and/or the car will be performing poorly

Exact same sitch, except $4-6k and I'm not tooled up yet. I think you're right about E36s but I wouldn't know for sure
I will fuck your asshole

What do you guys think about the 2018 230i?

ahh, found a 2005 manual 328i selling for $4k. Its a post on facebook marketplace. The seller mentioned the window regulator need to be replaced. Seems like an easy job and I can find parts for cheap. Good deal?

well that's no e46 so it will be more expensive to upkeep but 328i's are generally very reliable.
What mileage?

240i or bust.

nigger its a bimmer
its a poorfag car, who cares about reliability
buy a 2k bimmer and a 0.2k parts car.

>not easy to maintain
The fuck are you on about? Any BMW inline motor is super ultra easy to work on.

126k miles

>Which BMWs are inexpensive to maintain?
None.

>I'm about to go to college
You do not need a car.

Repeat after me:
'If I cannot afford to fuel and maintain a prestige-brand vehicle, I cannot afford to own it'.

>'If I cannot afford to fuel and maintain a prestige-brand vehicle, I cannot afford to own it'.

A 30 year old car common as peanuts car brings no prestige with it, And you've clearly never owned a 80's BMW.