pastebin.com/yfUKx35f
>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>Current oook competition
Druadan Ranger in FAangband
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

>News
InfraArcana v19 has been released: sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads
IA v19 Changelog can be found here: raw.githubusercontent.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/v19.0/res/release_history.txt
Angband 4.1.0 has been released:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=122044#post122044
New 4.1.0 Oook.cz comp which no one from here will play:
angband.oook.cz/competition.php
URR (non-)update:
ultimaratioregum.co.uk/game/2017/06/24/burnout-and-the-future/

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>in case /dcssg/ ever wants to play games other than crawl
roguenex.us/ (CDDA)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/home (InfraArcana)

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=14767.0
youtube.com/watch?v=wB5acxh6ER0
youtube.com/watch?v=kv0GdE236jI
roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Warlock_of_Firetop_Mountain
stackoverflow.com/questions/18880654/why-do-i-get-the-same-sequence-for-every-run-with-stdrandom-device-with-mingw/18880689#18880689
mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/dungeonRPGSoundscapeGenerator.php
lordlovidicus.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HOW DO I BEAT ROGUELIKES FUCK

It's Demon. It's basically SMT as a roguelike, probably my favorite one overall. Is that Tangledeep game good? I like the Snes aesthetic but somebody was saying it's lame earlier.

Stop and think you triple MiBe

you just do it

tfw I was 2 late

did you try walking away from things

smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=14767.0
new coolthulu patch including linux version

earth elementals get stoneskin at will as early as level 10, which is nice
and they can walk through walls from level 1
the whole "your potion of speed turns to mud. you have no more potions of speed" thing makes me pretty unhappy though

I haven't given it a try yet, but yeah the aesthetic seems really cool.

>Your potion of *healing* turns to mud.
I DONT want to play this race.

water elemental died to, I shit you not, Beld. 8d15 x4 + critical hits took off 250-300 in one turn against my 110 AC.

Progress It's just me walking around

>very loose FOV algorithm implemented
>sqlite database is getting there
>up/down levels implmented

Next comes combat, tightening up how I handle enemies, and hopefully items.

i hope you dont go for the dcss "half the screen is a gigantic HUD" thing in your final version

>empty "structure-filled" area whose structures are themselves empty

this setup makes me more mad than any other roguelike layout - the Vaults, the halfling area in tome4, argghhh

keep up the good work user!

I'm still experimenting with stuff and interface design is definitely open to feedback.

I just didn't want to skew the map display too far horizontally since it's already like 36x18 i think. I'm aiming to make it playable on standard windows cmd (25x80) and that's not a whole lot to work with. But now that you mention it, it's a pretty retarded layout. I'll see how it looks condensing the panes.

Thanks! I'm excited to play it. I feel like this is the one genre where I won't hate the game after deving it.

>life after discovering Treasure Hunter Rogue start
>105 medic bag charges at floor 5
>still get btfo trying to melee enemies to death
welp

I'm starting to suspect it's a newb trap, you level up faster sure but it's like starting at level 0 and doesn't have any upgrades.

As far as the structures, this was just some really basic-ass proc gen for testing purposes. Obviously I'll have more advanced patterns as I go

Can someone give me the quick rundown on Infra Arcana?
I really like the aesthetics but it feels really weird ( for some reason I can't access the instruction manual in game )
Is there a MiBe equivalent that lets you learn the game?

Having more items is having more options which is always a good thing in my opinion. The faster EXP gain helps at first but all the Medic Bags, Gas Masks and Ammo really REALLY helps for when stealth fails you and combat is the only way out.

>Is there a MiBe equivalent that lets you learn the game?
You can be a double MiBe if you're a Ghoul.

Also press F1 during game to read the manual

Well, there is a hardcore mode that deletes the world if you die, but none of the baby faggots who play use it.

Just starting to get into RL, i'm trying out Brogue first. The game is really fun so far but the dead silence is putting me off.
Any recommendations for Dungeon Crawling music?

Look up Dungeon Synth on youtube, it's perfect for exactly that

fuck yeah my dude, thanks!

an user posted this some threads ago and it's really good imo

youtube.com/watch?v=wB5acxh6ER0

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong.

youtube.com/watch?v=kv0GdE236jI

I'm engaging in some shenanigans to beat up Azog without any cure wounds or speed potions.

This little outcropping here is only 1 tile thick, and I can walk through walls. Each time he gets close to me I just walk to the other side, Azog has to walk the long way around to get at me again, and I get to take a few potshots at him with shard bolt. Then when he gets close I just walk through the wall again, he has to loop around to the other side, and the cycle repeats.

posting and rolling

>warlock of firetop mountain
what the fuck, that's paid and not even a roguelike

rolling for inspo

oh, it actually is

roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Warlock_of_Firetop_Mountain

Not sure on the weapon of choice. I want to give Vlad a fair fight, maybe Vladsbane is a bit too much.

and I was doing so good to........man

IAdev what happens if you find a rod that doesn't activate near unopened containers or enemies or anything

>The Forgotten Beast Page Ten has come!
>It was inevitable.

Remember to ID potions before drinking them.

>In a time before time I attacked me

search "Stripped" album by Christina Aguilera on youtube and put it on endless repeat

How did you nab Python user?

>play crawl until vaults
>tediousness of midgame draws me into a trance-like state
>get splatted by something avoidable
This is how I die every time. I just can't keep focused for that long, I should take a break but I never do.

I like this actually. Not for every room, but big rooms can be more challenging because you can't kite as easily and are forced into strategic combat

>tfw no good mecha RL
>Cogmind is ass
>Gearhead is incomplete and hideously obtuse

Language boy?
>tf gonna finish combat fpv and asic map/ai today
>tfw then its a week of improving mechanics such as interactions
>a week for adding spells and crafting
>then a week for talent trees and more enemies
>then kym because as a huge nerd I want to make some sick ai with machine learning and crap like that

C++ with ncurses. I have several different RLs I want to make so I'm trying to make it possible to encapsulate both content and behaviour by making pretty much every mechanic configurable.

Not sure how much you've messed with machine learning but reinforcement training is a pretty cool approach. Good luck

Saw the discussion on the previous thread about manuscript/potion appearances, and if they were static between different runs.

Of course they are supposed to be randomized - this is just due to the RNG issue (which also always creates the same starting level depending on your class).

With v19.1, on some machines you're playing with a fixed seed (this did not occur on my Linux machine where I do 99% of the testing).

The RNG issue is mostly caused by how the C++11/14 randomness functionality can silently(!) fall back on using a fixed seed, if it cannot find a source of randomness:
stackoverflow.com/questions/18880654/why-do-i-get-the-same-sequence-for-every-run-with-stdrandom-device-with-mingw/18880689#18880689

>With v19.1, on some machines you're playing with a fixed seed
Sorry, I meant "with 19.0".

Not much at all, was told python has 800 billion things for machine learning so I went with it instead of learning c++ (already knowing python is a plus)

Fucking bravo C++.

Is this option not supposed to do anything? Whenever I press enter on it, it just exits the menu

>Fucking bravo C++.
It's not a problem with C++ in general, it's just that the API for std::random_device would really benefit from some function call to check if really works - or if you are running on a fallback solution. Perhaps also terminate the program if you try to use it.

Yes this was just an oversight on my part. It will be fixed in v19.1.

I usually kill his allies and then break line of sight so I can have a go at him with a fresh party, he's a pain.

Alright guys, so I'm trying to add some new stuff to the forageable bushes in DDA and last night someone said to check forage.json but I don't have that file. Did they change where that stuff is decided in the latest experimentals, or something?

Uh no I can see it on the github but its recent so maybe your experimental is too old

Fug. It's probably that, I've had this one for a month or so now.

I found two old rogue like games that are 15 years old at least.

The first one is Daimonin and the second one is Racewarkingdoms.

The first one has isometric graphics and is a role playing game, while the second one is text based. The first one has a lot of stuff in it and gets really deep when you actually get into it, but, the controls are dumb, while the second one is like cookie clicker in some ways, but, is still a role playing game, and doesn't get too different near the end.

Is that Windows Vista? Sorry boy...

>tfw frenzied drinker irl and in game

Hey IA dev! I've got a question- will there be further interaction with braziers or altars in the future, apart from +/-20 shock?

Nigga have you tried kicking a brazier. Sheeit.

Also try casting intrinsic spells (not from manuscripts) next to Altars and watch your spirit.

But yeah there could be some sort of sacrifice mechanic or something. Some day maybe.

No, I've not tried that. Does it have a similar effect to a molotov?
I've not yet played as occultist yet desu.
Re sacrifce mechanic, I think there are two solid, interesting routes to go down- one would be that the character cuts themselves and bleeds onto the altar, and then receives a small bonus for the rest of the level. The other would be like Ru in dcss; to permanently sacrifice a limb or body part, in order to get a permanent bonus. Also like, grabbing a bunch of corpses and throwing them on the altar...

>Also like, grabbing a bunch of corpses and throwing them on the altar...
This would be bad.

I'm spitballing. I'm not a game dev. The closest I've come to being a game dev is designing cards for a friend's CCG.

>continuously coming up with new ideas without doing anything

Oi! IA dev is a good boy. I, a person entirely unrelated to him, was just making suggestions. Fuck off.

It's data/json/itemgroups/forage.json - that defines where items will drop (foraging in the right season). You'll also need to define the item itself. Probably best to do it in multiple files - check out how other mods are structured.

Yeah, the version I was playing with didn't have that folder, unfortunately. I've updated now though and it all works fine, so thanks anyway!
For some reason it gives me 100 of the item (soybeans, for reference) in a plastic bag rather than just dropping one or two like I told it to though. Maybe something to do with me putting it in the spices json too? Does it do that by default with spices?

Anyway, I'm just fucking around to learn how it all works at the moment. Is there anything specific I have to do to make the game recognize a new mod, or should I just have at it? I've just been fucking around with the core files, so far.

Someone asked about unique artifacts in IA last thread. The Talisman of Resurrection saved me from a surprise encounter with Thing on D7. It works exactly like you'd expect.

Yeah, you need to make good use of all the ammo and guns lying around. And throwing knives. And rocks. Especially rocks.

War Veteran is the MiBe equivalent since you don't have to worry about losing turns switching weapons, and you can afford to take a good amount of damage and wounds. But the class you're "expected" to be playing by default is Rogue. After a while feel free to experiment with the squishy mage Occultist and the gimmick class, Ghoul.

I take it that's a new item you made? What did you base it on?

As I recall things are either defined as individual items that stack, or as a single collective item with a number of charges. Spices are probably the latter, so I'd guess it defaulted to that.

Pretty sure you can just make a new mod folder with all the others and it'll find it when you start the game. Just crib a modinfo.json off another one.

mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/dungeonRPGSoundscapeGenerator.php
Pic related is what I use, you can also animate the sliders on Fast.

lordlovidicus.bandcamp.com/
Pretty fantastic fantasy music.

I know this is a matter of taste and all, but I think this soundtrack is shit. Would not recommend.

"WALK INTO FIRE Y/N" PROMPT SOON, user. SOON.

Coolio. I just threw together a quick item to test things, seeing if I could make soymilk as an item that had reasonable requirements and stuff, basically just wanted to know if I could make a source of milk that could be found renewably. Free soy-cheese!

A nearby /rlg/ rises and moves towards you!

what game is this??

>remove item from spices
>it stops spawning and spits out a shitload of errors
>"Ah, clearly I have to add it to the json with the rest of the food."
>no json for vegetable type items apparently
I don't want to just add it to the carnivore json, that'd be messy and out of place, this is the BLURST

There's comestibles.json. Which is not in the comestibles folder, obviously.

Ugh. I took a look at that too and just assumed it was all liquids. Thanks, user!

Infra Arcana.

By the way, dev, is a gas mask not supposed to protect from gas traps (the kind that cause fear)?

Is Tome4 meant to be played on "Heroic" or "Roguelike" mode? Heroic is default but I've heard a lot of people say Roguelike is bad because the game can just be randomly bullshit sometimes. Also is this the right idea for the possessor class? Using bodies as meatshields is a pretty cool gameplay mechanic.

>Heroic is default but I've heard a lot of people say Roguelike is bad because the game can just be randomly bullshit sometimes.
If you git truly gud, and by "gud" I mean "autistic", you can resist even bullshit.
If you're neurotypical like us mortals who don't worship sonic, you will randomly die to boss monsters who activate katana and keep teleporting behind you every turn while dealing huge damage and stunning you every other turn.

>infusions purge only 1 random status effect of it's type
>boss has an enchanted weapon or poison sustains or slime or something so when it hits you you're acided, poisoned, pinned, grappled, disarmed, on fire on top of stunned

>By the way, dev, is a gas mask not supposed to protect from gas traps (the kind that cause fear)?
They probably should! Added note.

I listened to this music and I went completely medieval! Almost trashed my apartment.

High level ToME gameplay involves casting track at least once per enemy and reading everything in boss monster statblocks.

Which roguelike has the best interior design?

Flawless escape.

>play ghoul
>oops I read a manuscript of sacrifice life
well fuck

Yeah from what I've played it seems like War Vet>Occultist>Rogue>Ghoul. Ghoul is just so bad.

I actually got hilariously lucky. A wall collapsed right at the start of the next floor and gave me a dozen rats to eat.

hidden rats is a Ghoul's best friend. But when the wall falls and corpses shamble out it's a fucking nightmare

>when you're in the club and there's no way out

alright what the fuck, do enemies get a free attack on you after you're wounded or some shit?

The level all my rogues start on due to broken RNG always has a second rod of cloud minds and a rod of blessing.

I can live with this.