2010-2012 fusions- decent cars?

2010-2012 fusions- decent cars?
Uncle offering me his for 5k its a 2011 SE. Base model but still has all power stuff cruise ac heat etc. has 74k miles.
He was offered 5k trade and opened it up for family members first before he trades it off.
Im driving a dying 02 grand prix gtp so im in the market.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0r46_unyYk8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Very good cars. 2.5 is a bit gutless but a good engine if you keep oil in it.

they're shit. just get a civic for 3k.

>6 year old car with 75k for 5k
>20 year old car with 200k for 3k
Fuck you

Op, take it for 4500

It's good for 5k. It's on the undesired side of selection so it's cheap but it's not particularly awful. Just almost everything else is better.

Not bad, door handles break, suspension bushings wears out around100k, thermostat goes out about 100k, and evap temp sensors go out from my experience. Idk how good the autos are. I have had two. First a 2006 fusion 5spd, and now a 2010 fusion hybrid, both needed front bushings, had broken door handles, and needed thermostats, my 2006 needed a evap temp sensor and serp belt tensioner. Overall easy to work on, and cheap. Also with the forscan app and elm327 you can do dealer level stuff like make keys yourself for free. Just be prepared to fix minor annoyances like the thermostat and squeaky suspension.

post you local craigslist.

Also the sync system in them can act wonkey, but its very easy to replace the sync computer with one from the junkyard. All you need is a screwdriver and a elm327 to program the new sync computer

Driver's side interior door handle broke, needed an evap purge valve, and the throttle body shat the bed around 50-60k on my 2010 2.5.

Pretty decent shitboxes, that's a good deal assuming there's little to no rust and the power train is in order. Ford was the only car company in the u.s making "good" cars during the recession

I had one as a company car for about 2 years and nothing went wrong with it during that time

Absolute Shit in snow.

>broken door handles
My '10 Sport hasn't had that problem, previous owner looked like he left a dog in my car and it chewed the shift out of the shifter, but no broken door handles
>T-stat
Not an issue, yet
>front suspension bushings
Yep, this definitely, it's the fucking upper control arm bushings according to the Fusion forums, they left the factory withe shitty ones and mine started squeaking before 50k

False, driven mine 3 times in the middle of snow storms and after
Get better tires, pleb

SPONGY BRAKES

They're good cars, the CD3 platform is essential a bigger 1G Mazda6, is the 2.5 Auto or stick? If it's auto it'll make a decent commuter and get decent mileage, but it won't be as entertaining as the Duratec 30 or 35 unless it's the manual version

Check your fluid, dipshit

Already did that, numbnuts. Look up the HCU problems with the first gen. ABS activates, and the brakes go to the floor. Ford's supposed to be doing a recall on it eventually, but it's a $1000 part, so I'm not exactly enjoying the idea of paying up for it.

What year is yours?

09 with the 5spd.

Here's a video on it: youtube.com/watch?v=0r46_unyYk8

They're garbage cars because they're all driven by niggers now that can't afford anything better. Do you want to look like a nigger that can't afford better?

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that man, I think that issue got resolved in the facelift models cause I've had no issues with the brakes, got over 80k on mine

What fucking niggerville do you live in? I'm in the south and nigras ain't driving these Fusions, they still go after LeSabres, PAs, CVs, Grand Marquis, and the LX Chrysler's

They're moving on from those cars. Pretty much every fusion I see of this vintage is beat to shit. and is driven by a degenerate.

you sir are too mentally disabled to browse this board.

try >>>> /po/

That's odd because in my area at least, the majority of face lift Fusions I've seen are driven by middle aged people, seen a few young guys driving the Sport trims around, but not that many knee grows

My dad had 2 as company cars and lives both of them. He’s a very large man and fit comfortably in both

I have a 2011 with the Duratec 3.0. It's actually a really nice car; good interior and god-tier handling for a midsized sedan, definitely better than a Camry/Accord. I enjoy the styling. Something interesting that I noticed in the manual was that the 3.5 Sport trim has hydraulic steering, as opposed to the EPS on the other engine options. Wish it was manual, but other than that, no complaints.

I've driven the GFs 2011 2.5 a bunch. It's gutless and plasticy at the lowest trim but a solid appliance car. I'm generally a Ford fanboy but I'm not a huge fan. I have no real complaints. The plastic covers make oil changes a bitch but the bulbs are easy to reach to replace. The passenger vanity mirror broke at the plastic mount so I need to find a new one.

If you need just a car that's roomy af, reliable, and comfy for long trips then it's definitely a good contender.

>Uncle
Tell him to eat shit. Family deals always go south.

Drove my 07 fusion in the snow for 7 years. If you have good tires, aren't an idiot, and realize that you're driving a sedan, you'll be fine

They're nice cars. My thermostat went out around 100k, but outside of that I haven't had a major issue that wasn't caused by a collision

Thanks man. I love everything else about the car, but no brakes sucks...