Wife wants me to sell shitbox to get a shitty Toyobaru crossover because of our baby

>Wife wants me to sell shitbox to get a shitty Toyobaru crossover because of our baby
Should I just fucking break up now bros? I love my kid and all but I've got a pretty special attachment to my shitbox. The amount of times me and my bros have hotboxed in it, the amount of pizzas that have been delivered in it, the amount of road head i've gotton in it. I graduated high school in that car, I graduated college (summa cum laude of course) in that car.
btw recently she hasn't been giving me my daily kiss on the cheek before work every day so realistically its gonna end soon anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eAW8taenIPQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Toyobaru

Dump her ass now.

Kek stole my buddys gto for 7k over a kid

buy a mazda crossover you cuck

You dumbass you had the kid, now buy them something that isn't a piece of shit they can ride in.

>Toyobaru

idk what's going on in your relationship but mazda sells the best crossovers so don't be a cuck and buy a lesbian car

Manual HRV nigga

This or manual soob crosstrek

>btw recently she hasn't been giving me my daily kiss on the cheek before work every day so realistically its gonna end soon anyway.

seems like you're already aware of the inevitable, so yes dump her ass

your car > whores

Get her big comfy what-the-fuck ever car for kiddo and keep your shitbox? Why is that so hard? If it's really a shitbox it ain't worth much anyways.

Get a Saab turbo wagon. Fun and practicle

If she wants a crossover tell her to go buy one.

How much is your shitbox worth?
If its worth so much that its making it unable to buy a crossover its not really a shitbox

This.
Dont leave your family, but dont sell your shitbox either.
Its good for a family to have multiple vehicles anyways.

Tell her to fuck off. I bought a muscle car instead of some crossover bullshit and fucking dared my wife to say something. Be the fucking man.

Rape her

There comes a time in every man's life when he needs to end the chapter and start another.

I'm 31 years old, make great money, and I'm married. We'll be having a child in the next year or two.

I could easily buy several shitboxes that would be fun to track, and mod them extensively. But there's a time and place for that, and I already enjoyed that experience when I was younger.

Now its time to grow up. I had a Mazdaspeed3 that was extensively modified. It was loud, had harsh suspension, a little obnoxious, and was shitty to commute to work in (D.C. area).

So, I sold it and got myself an Audi S4. It's smooth, quiet, subtle, and mature. It's also pretty quick, and I can still modify it, but with a focus that won't take away the comfort and stability it offers.

You need to move on, dude. Delivering pizzas, hot-boxing, highschool, and college are all in the past. You need to start look to the future. You're a father. You have a wife. Maybe don't get a soccer-mom cross-over, but get something that is respectable and fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=eAW8taenIPQ

Go full doug

get a Saab or Volvo wagon, both aren't hard to find with turbos and are perfect as a fun and practical car

Your wife told you to do it. You HAVE to do it or she'll accuse you of rape. This is America, you have to obey women. Or else.

t. Cuck

maybe stop being poor

>Leasing a Passat
>Giving anybody advice on anything
Maybe stop

>son, there comes a time in a man's life where you just gotta give up
>fun? Memories? Things of the past. Time to forget about them and simply give up
>do what I did; get a soulless car that's quiet and your owner-I mean wife- approves of
>you got a kid now son, which means the time for being your own personal with your own interests is over
>be what your kid needs; another cookie cutter McGoyium who will commute them to school on a McCar and say 'yes dear'. Happy wife happy life
>impossible to own 2 vehicles, don't even try son.
Jesus christ I am glad my father was not like you.
Keep your shitbox, let's face it you won't get much for it anyway and having only 1 vehicle for your house is fucking retarded anyway, buy an oldish CRV or 4Runner or something like that, decent reliability and can be owned for cheaper than "buying" a new car by financing an expensive loan on a depreciating asset so you can actually say you own it 5 years and -$20,000 of value later.
You can be your own man and still be a father user
>she isn't giving me kiss on cheek before work every day anymore
Sounds like you gotta work on that first user, before doing anything for her

What's the shit box? Is it worth actual money? Or just nostalgia value?

If it's nice, you don't have to get rod of it to buy a new car, and you love it, keep it. But if it's objectively shit, you can't afford to keep it and buy a new car, or you just want it because you're attempting to cling to your bachelor days and pretend you're not an adult with real responsibility, you'd best wise up and do what's best for your kid.

Since you described it as a shit box, I'm going to guess it's an objectively shit car, and you should dump it. That doesn't mean you have to get the modern equivalent of the soccer mom mini van, but it does mean you should get something safe and reliable for your family's sake.

They don't sell those in burger land (I looked).

Civic si is pretty cheap, safe and fun though. Good deals going if you can find a dealer with a 2017 still in stock (I picked mine up for under $21k).

Alpha as fuckkk. Glad we still have some real men here

Unreliable pieces of opel parts bin garbage. Sludge and electrical gremlins galore. SAAB used to be amazing, but buying one built after GM bought the brand is a mistake.

OP here. I've been fighting with the wife all night about this shit. Bottom line is I'll finance a nice CR-V for her but I'm not fucking selling.
Needless to say I'm sleeping on the couch tonight. I love Christmas.

whatever just sell your link bags, it's not like it'll ever moon anyway.

Besides, you're a father, get used to being hanged up on. Also, sleeping in the couch is for poor fags. Sleep in the spare bedroom. You do have a spare bedroom, correct?

>absolute state of heterocucks
lol

We actually do. Still sleeping on couch.

You need to consider being more mature, or you will go done a divergent path that you may or may not like, One thing is for sure, if she divorces you, you won't be able to afford your car. Not giving you a hard time, just some helpful life skill advice. Take the holidays to reflect on why you are with this person and have a child. Nothing in your post shows evidence that these are things you want. Time to take a good hard look at yourself...yes I know it sucks.

Your marriage sounds great.

Pls no bully, women are evil but its not our choice

If you truly want a relationship with this woman, you MUST get rid of the stuff you had prior to the relationship that was part of prior relationships. You must acquire new items that are specific
to the two of you. Otherwise your are destine to fail.

You cannot move a new chick into the same house where you and your ex were living, you have to get a new place, The same is true for this car. You made your bed, time to grow up and lie in it.

... What? Why? That's literally the reason you have a spare room. It's for people to sleep in so they don't have to sleep on the couch.

Maybe he should cut off his dick and balls since he used them before he was with her, and obviously won't be using them anymore.

this is kinda shameful but here I go:
My kid was born in that fucking room. The room still fucking smells of birth and I can't get it out. I refuse to sleep on that mattress.

what? This is wrong. That would be like me burning all the clothes I wore before I married my wife. Do people seriously so this kind of stuff? Seems really counterproductive.

>My kid was born in that room
LOL

Your wife is one of those people? Hate to say it bro, but you should really have considered your future with this woman before you put a ring on it. What other weird new age shit is she trying to push on you now that she's successfully given natural birth with her minimally trained midwife and thks convinced herself that she's an invincible genius and all her ideas are "the way, the truth and the light"?

What car do you have and what car do you want?
If it has four seats and its safe, its good for your wife and kid.
If you're driving around a shitty miata or some camaro with tiny ass back seats, sell it.

You NEED something for your FAMILY, you fucking idiot.
I still have my EVO, because its a sedan that can fit a family, and its piss easy to drive manual, old women in europe and dumb mexicans can do it, so your wife can too. Takes like an evening drive to teach her.

Either way, your main priorities right now are to provide for your wife and child. If your unsafe little shitbox is getting in the way of that, you need to review your priorities.

If you want to keep it, convince your wife that you have your finances together to afford two vehicles, and that she can drive the newer safe one. Its another issue entirely if she wants something way out of your budget that requires you to sell a shitbox. I'm assuming your shitbox is worth like 2 or 3 grand on craigslist, so maybe half that for a trade in. If that little bit of money gets in the way of you affording that car she wants, you can't afford that car.

Only scenario I see where you should need to sell your vehicle to afford a family car, is if you own an S2K or something. You cant fit your baby in there, it sells for a lot and you can make money to buy a nice car for both of you, etc.

Talk about this logically with her and stop being a dumb nigger like you sound in this thread.

yes, they do. You are either building a life TOGETHER or you are not.

Not every little thing has to be gone, but the big things need to be between the two of you, ESPECIALLY if she says it is important to her. If you don't get rid of that car, you have no future with her...NONE. One of you will leave, or it will be a slow death, end game is the same.

I could give a fuck either way, I'm trying to help out a random user bro for no other reason other than I know this to be true, and I don't want to see anyone go through a bad breakup (divorce) because it can be truly devastating

You're the type of faggot that would cut his balls off (assuming you still had them) because they were "a part of the previous relationship." Please shut the fuck up you doublecuck

There is no weird shit man, we just live in a shit flyover state with minimal hospital access.
Look, I can get her another car if she wants it. Bottom line is I need something to get MYSELF to and from work. My shitbox is a 2001 Neon that costs like $30 a year to register and $180 a month to insure.

I'm sorry the truth hurts you so much, that you need to lash out. But if you look at scholarly, real life or anecdotal evidence, you will find this to be true.

>Look, I can get her another car if she wants it. Bottom line is I need something to get MYSELF to and from work.
Yeah just keep your neon.
I don't see the problem.
Why does she care, you're the one driving it.
Is your wife a badgewhore? Sounds like a her problem.

>Scholarly
Topkek, nice baitpost

desu

>2gn neon
Pretty sure that’s already a family car (granted you stay ahead of maintenance) even if it only has 2 doors

deluded fucking linkies

>shit flyover state
>2001 Neon
>$180 a month to insure
user... I hope its atleast the SRT or whatever the fuck

Lol at the armchair couples counselor on Veeky Forums

Is 180 alot?

Keep it, its not costing much yearly. Tell her to relax

Lmao I read this thinking 180 yearly, fuck op, your call if its worth insuring two cars

>i posted it again
I'm 25 and drive an $ 80k car, try harder

Ur a faggot holy shit m8.

Protip never grow up, and buy whatever the fuck you want because shit you gonna die anyway.

My '90 ranger is about $35 a month to insure. 180 sounds way too high

>summa cum laude of course

Yes.
I pay $500 every 6 months for three (3) cars.
I'm 25 with two license suspensions.

I don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure that this is some boomer-tier fudlore bullshit.

I pay 100 dollars to insure a shitbox similar to yours in CT.
260 for a financed sports car.

bullshit, where do you live?
I am 24 with no license suspensions and am

Colorado.
An important thing is to not own cars that shitskins and boy racers wreck.
Insuring a z3 is half the price of insuring an e36.

Nice try pajeet

>2001 Neon
Was only available as a 4-door sedan. Also, has the worst crash test ratings of any small car from that era. Assuming it's not expensive to repair and it's mostly just you driving it to work, I dunno, whatever. Your insurance premium is retarded though. You must be a shit driver? Shit driver in a shit car isn't very family minded. If this is your wife's main point, I think she's got you on that one. If it's just because it's an embarrassingly old piece of shit, eh. Sounds like it's your financial decision there. Driving a shitbox in order to be wise with money is an acceptable choice. Don't get attached to shitty old cars though. Remember, a 2001 Neon is a serious piece of shit. I've let go badass muscle cars whilst single just because they didn't make sense for me financially at the time. What the fuck is really going on here, dude?

i bet your wife is a chink.

does sound that way dont it?

You both honestly are huge faggots
Apparently in your mind you have to make all the sacrifices while she lives in luxury and anytime she has even the slightest issue in life your supposed to fix it

How would she like it if you told her “you need to get Rid of all your makeup or whatever it is that makes you happy because fuck it we have a screaming sack of skin now”
I can gurantee you it wouldn’t go well
That’s how OP feels about this situation with his shitbox

>OP this parts for you
Tell her to fuck off about a new car and that if she wants it so bad she can go finance one under her name herself and that if she can’t then she has to live with your shitbox
If she can’t accept that it’s only gonna get worse from there and I’d recommend consulting a divorce lawyer (in secret!!) immediately

>2001 Neon

your wife sounds like the smart one here m8

get away from anything chrysler, especially something thats now 16-17 years old, because that shit will break on you guaranteed before the end of the decade, unless its in fucking showroom condition, which I'm betting is not your case.

Good Goy! BE SUBMISSIVE AND OBEY YOUR BITCH OR SHE WILL TAKE 50% OF YOUR SHIT! MY DIVORCE LAW FIRM NEEDS YOUR MONEY!

you have 2 choices

dump your "shitbox" as you call it because sure it has the memories of you days while you were single. and thats all they are to her too YOUR memories of your life before you met her.
it aint gonna end unless you got money to pay for child support and half alimoney. try up somebody with that bullshit.

buy a van. and become a vanner.

You should stop being a cuck and have a good enough job to buy your wife a fucking child hauler and still be able to have a weekend toy.

Dump her ass so she can find a real man and your child can have a real father figure. College degree and you can't afford two cars? Degree in what, the philosophy of sucking cock?

e61 is the correct answer. Fun affordable sexy rwd wagon, get a vanilla 525d if you want something plain or an m5 if youve absolutely lost your shit

You drive a CRX.

This!

I’m young I can do the whole sports car thing so I drive an MR2.

Eventually I’ll have a kid and take the Chris Harris option of an S4 estate or Mercedes C Class.

It doesn’t mean life is over it just means that you have something in your life more valuable than driving and you should prioritise that.

And hey you’ll get to work on more shitboxes when your kid hits 12 - 17 depending on where you live and their interests. Or you’re in the UK and you can get a micra S13 for £500 and enjoy true budget shitboxes

>selling car for someone else
just keep it and let your wife drive the shitty crossover

>having a kid
>having a wife

wife makes you sell your car to buy a family car
dont do it op its the end of your life.

see this story way too often on car adverts and it depresses me every time

>wh*te """men"""

Nno it's not. My mom owned one, I spoke to our family mechanic about it. GM ruined SAAB by forcing them to skimp on custom parts and testing to meet tighter budgets.

The brand was never particularly profitable, but GM wanted the turbo technology SAAB had developed, but never took the time to figure out why SAAB was beloved, and tried to turn it into another parts bin GM brand.

What the fuck are you going to buy? GM bought control of SAAB in ‘89. You gonna get you a 99? Maybe one of those delightful two stroke fuckers with the shit brakes?

>Wife wants me to sell shitbox
lol seriously? Every good dad I knows DD's a shitbox and lets the wife haul the kids around in the safe, reliable, new car. You're a fagmax for even considering being a single car family.

If it's a proper shitbox you won't get anything for it anyway, just buy a family friendly car and have it alongside your shitbox.

Your wife is dumb as fuck if she doesn't realize having two cars is better than one.
Your neon is barely going to be worth anything if you're trying to sell it.

>falling for the marriage meme
Why?

Dude, I'm under 25 and my FD costs $25 a month to insure. Even if you have full coverage, 180 a month is too much for a 16 year old Neon.

where do you live? that matters a lot

Plus you can nurture an interest in your child. Also, 5 year olds are happy to do little things to help daddy.

I personally make a point of saying ‘Dad Goals’ to my girlfriend when I see a middle aged guy driving his kid in a miata, S2K, MR2 or Boxster.

Keep your shitbox at ALL COST. Once a woman takes a mans shitbox away from him she knows she can take anything away. Either that or keep telling yourself you'll only have to give up 1 more thing you like for her, just one more and you'll remember that's been five "one mores" ago.

My toyobaru will run circles around your shitheap neon
Have fun on that couch you fucking cuck

Why the fuck does it have to be crossover?
Wouldn’t a sedan or a wagon do just fine as a family car?
I mean,my family had a fucking Golf as a family car and it did us just fine.

Damn they dont make body pillows like that anymore

It would. But women are fascinated with crossovers and SUVS for they fake safety

Explain that a crossover is not actually safer.

Is the shitbox so expensive that you need to get rid of it to afford a crossover?

I don't know the woman but don't fall for her guilt tripping. She'll make this a "shitbox vs. baby" argument, don't fall for it.

Why are married men in most cases such doormat beta cucks? Does something in your head suddenly change when you put a ring on a woman, and you start thinking it's acceptable to have zero self respect and hand over your balls to your wife? I see this everywhere and it pisses me off.

I guess you can only take so much nagging that you decide to roll over so you can get some freaking quiet.