/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Healing Church Edition

Got wheeled >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv
>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

You're a chunky lad.

Arc scaling +65? how does that differ from the flat rated gems?
Ok see I have almost identical AR but if the percentage gems make that much of a difference I'll go for your. What glyph/boss did you get them from?
Yeah where did you find the first two gems?

requesting some help on lower pthum level 3 against rom the tedious spider

pass is rip

Blood minister Pavel, I'm Provost CIA.

Went to grab league oath lads, onward layer 3!

>Arc scaling +65? how does that differ from the flat rated gems?
Arc scaling increases scaling.

Arc damage +x just adds x damage at the very end of all other calculations.

I have never seen Rom in the dungeons outside of Layer 3 of Lower Pthumeru, and I'm becoming increasingly certain by the day that this is just one long con against me that Rom exists in FRC.

Booting up, I'll SRRC in

Yeah the Arc scaling +65 gem. Cold Abyssals increase Arcane scaling, so it adds a % boost instead of Flat damage the Brainsucker gems offer.

Why not just look up a glyph?
I wasted my time killing rom for nourishing abyssals earlier today.

So inspite of being at S scaling it will still increase with those gems? Neat.

Go to v5v5fpsd and you can see for yourself that Rom exists in FRCs.

Yes.

The letter you see is representative of a hidden number, and has no limit.

Letters are used as an estimation of scaling, S is already the highest so it doesn't change but scaling can still be increased.

great show kompeh

YOU TOO
re ringing haha..

Topkek, I could swear I wouldn't be hit by the axe.

Glad to help.

Change IDs to names in the settings

Wow ok so I take it then insofar as tentacle slaps are concerned, T20 cold abyssal are the best gems? And the way you guys got them are though kkvk8gsj, 4irp2fsr, or camejqft?

The Triangle is from Isz Ebrietas, the Radial is most likely an Isz Watcher OoS or a very lucky Arcane gem drop from Pthumeru Watchers.

Don't be ashamed of your ID, it's neat.

>T20 cold abyssal are the best gems?
Only one Cold Abyssal is necessary. Then you want a 27% and a whatever. Either a 24.8% from Ebrietas or if you're lucky an off-shape 27% from Watchers.

yknow it never mattered to me, but for you sure

Thanks Albatross and Hibiki. Greatly appreciated, you were fantastic

Yeah, it's not XxX_M4R14-_-TH3-_-H3DG3H0GXxX tier

The triangle gem is an Arcane Abyssal from Ebrietas, as you can see I have an OoS one of these in the first setup... I wouldn't recommend trying to get one yourself, I got very lucky. If you can't be bothered to farm Ebrietas for +15 flat arc secondary (it can be soul destroying) then try get a 27.2% Arcane triangle from Watchers instead (boring but not nearly as bad). I can't be bothered finding the glyph sorry, it shouldn't be too hard to find anyway.

My setups aren't great to aim for since they require ridiculous amounts of luck/grinding and OoS gems. I just posted them because you wanted to see ideal setups and both of those come very close.

If I were you I would go for the following setup (doesn't require any OoS gems).

>Radial - Whatever you can be bothered to get, Bone Ash Hunter gems are the 'best' but pretty tedious to grind for. I usually recommend 19.3% Nourishing gems from gargoyles as a super budget option.
>Triangle - Arcane Abyssal with +15 flat Arc, or 27.2% Arcane gem if you can't/don't want to get the +15 flat Arc secondary
>Radial - Cold Abyssal with ATK vs open foes

The Radial slots are the ones that can be further improved by grinding OoS gems. Ideally you replace the first radial slot with an OoS Arcane Abyssal, or 27.2% Arcane radial gem. The Cold Abyssal would also probably be marginally better with +15 flat Arc but would require you to get an OoS Cold Abyssal from Isz Elder since you can't get +15 flat Arc secondary in Loran.

Sorry for the wall of text. It's kinda hard to cover everything if you can't tell what gets are OoS just by looking at them. I'll try and answer any questions you have though.

It isn't about shame, it's about not wanting your ID permanently displayed to the cesspool that is /bbg/

It only needs one but since Radials that aren't Cold Abyssals are pretty rare drops you're most likely better off just sticking another in.

O-Oh, thank you for the compliment. But like this user said I'd prefer that my ID isn't displayed

bad luck Claire, we turned the lever, come back to the lamp and ring

Not my proudest moment, ringing again by boss gate

wow rude, I think we are a pretty good general

You're in denial. Or you've never been in here during Amerifat daytime hours.

Oh is it bad during that time? I'm usually only here between now and maybe 8 hours from now and it's always been cool.

>is it bad
Daytime /bbg/ makes me want to stop playing and sell my PS4.

bad luck you two, im back at the lamp!

Did you guys get him?

Shit man, I was so hard in pure dps mode I didn't realize how little hp I had left

You get her man?

>faction wars
>endless meta arguments
>the perfect storm that is the Segalt incident
>that one shitter who believes he's some sort of god because he can stomp Mensis scrubs and never proves anything, alongside rivaling our main resident faggot in posting exactly the same shit for any reason at all
>Sarah
It's not about what's on the surface, it's about what lies underneath. And it's bad. There's a reason I quit BB for a period of time before considering returning.

>him
kek, her*

Yo, Claire, would you mind telling me your build?

Your BoM hit like a truck, but you also have at least 28 Str and 15 Arc.

Is it just like, x/15/50/12/x/15?

I just coop and spelunk to avoid as much cancer as possible. Souls PvP autists are the worst.

It's about as effective as those drills they used to do here in Burgerland some fifty years ago, where you would crouch under your desk to protect yourself against the imaginary nuke coming down on your head.

It's not a very good build but I put too much time into it to make a better optimized one.

I put at least one heavy abyssal on all my skill heavy weapons (cane, BoM, Rakuyo, etc.)

This is your great one (male) tonight

You deserve lewds of your character.

layer 3 report:
got very lost in the pre treasure room
little loot or much to see in main dungeon
the swinging axes claimed 3 victims, embarrassingly
pre boss treasure room was a giant swamp with one of each kind undead giant
roar gestures were had before we promptly left
abritas claimed both co-operators, but we got her on the second try
she dropped an arcane up 23.9%
with attack vs kin down
i had lots of fun on my first spelunk!
thanks to Flatus and Claire!

40/25

Jesus. I'm kinda glad you didn't make a new build to achieve 50/25, hah. All your shit hits super hard already.

Interesting that you have 20 End; I never felt too overmatched and I only have 9.

Are you a euro or a night owl amerifat, katka?

Owl Amerifat.
I was doing pretty good being awake during the day last week but I'm back on nocturnal again.

No problem man, it was fun.

Yeah, keep in mind this character dates back a long time, pre-DLC days, people were still pushing 15-20 end (complete meme of course, it basically does nothing).
If I ever were to remake the build I'd probably put all that extra end to get my vit up to 50, I don't think a 50 in str would make too much of a difference

My pleasure

>I don't think a 50 in str would make too much of a difference
That'd bring your sat. modifier up from .710 to .85. I guess, yeah, that's like 10% on most stuff. Kirk'd probably get a good 30 or 40 AR.

Is there a reason why you like doing the Loran spelunks the most, or is it just your preference?

Loran's got the best enemy variety IMO. Isz is my favorite aesthetically, but it's just brainsuckers and NPC hunters.

Anyone need help?

I do.
With my life.

Is it gay to pick a random root chalice to spelunk?

I actually like Ihyll chalices too because they seem the most difficult to me. I wish I could spelunk right now but I won't be home until tomorrow. Probably going to host 3 or 4 when I get back.

I can help with that.

By ending it.

that's what i just did

That would be just fine, frankly.

I don't see how it could be, user.

Ihyll does have the highest enemy damage modifiers and stuff IIRC, but absolutely loathe the Pthumeru tileset, especially after taking several characters through the story chalices.

No, but I would tell people the glyph wasn't new if I was intending to summon people from here. Not that people really care anyway, I just prefer to explore brand new glyphs personally because there's a chance of seeing something no one's seen before.

roast me?

Your stats don't make any fucking sense dude

Would you ever consider streaming your FRC experiences?

It's obviously your first build m8, so it's expected to be shit.

First build, I suppose?

Exactly my point, it only really pays off on the really hard hitting stuff and even then by a fairly negligible amount, while my hp with a clockwise would bump up by about 130.

T-thank you user, I'm sure your character is nice too

Not at all, the odds of you running into a chalice your co-opers have already seen is slim to none.

That being said, it is kinda neat to know you're treading all new ground that absolutely no one has ever set foot in before, might even stumble across a new bossless chalice or guidance 3

Who is the biggest cum starved beast of the general?

We all know the answer to this

I don't think I have the charisma, honestly.

Yeah that's fair logic. I've considered capping my main scaling stat at 47 for .80x(4, I think) to use the extra 3 points for other stuff.

Going from 43 to 50 vit is very probably a better investment than 40 to 50 Str, but, maybe 44/47 would be a good compromise. I mean you could free up potentially 11 points from your End.

But, yeah, it's just theorycrafting.

Thanks, I might make one later then. I would make a fresh one but I lack several materials.

Or better yet put those handful of extra points into arc to get it to 20, thus unlocking gloves, auger, and BSE.
Granted they wouldn't be very strong, but they'd be good utility tools for pvp to set up baits.

Which would leave about two extra points to round vit up to 45 so so we have nice clean numbers

I'd take skill and game knowledge over some guy sitting there saying yo yo yo xxxfagboixxx welcome to the stream my man.

>Actually asking this question

Come on now..

>need good triangle gems
>27.2 phys up durability down first try
guess im not getting a good gem for a few years

Yeah, true.

I'm bored s I'm gonna do some half-asleep math on the difference between Kirkhammer, Rakuyo, and Saif at 50/25 and 40/25.
I forgot how much I hate figuring AR on two-stat weapons.

Oh yes I think we all do, didn't even have to say the name and we all knew

yes
nice detective work nonetheless anons.
my reasoning was this
I wanted to try out the items/spells,
and i occasionally like to finish off enemies safely with the pistol.
I leveled up skill because I read it increases visceral attack damage, and prior to that didn't know a whole lot about weapon scaling, but more points in arcane might have been a good move instead with the hunters axe.

Why is the Amygdalan Arm so fun?

Please stop bullying me.

You love it though

AR math is a fucking hellhole, I just figure out the "good enough" math and leave it at that, otherwise my room would look like a stereotypical PI office from a noir film

Arc makes it so much easier since you only need to figure Arc scaling and saturation and nothing else.

The extra step with Phys weapons of figuring Skl scaling is basically like doing a second weapon.

Spelunk?

Glyph is zpkk93ui and pass is bbg234

Coming

I'll fight you, I swear it.
Coming!

I'll join you

>3 responses

You'll have to fight amongst yourselves for a slot

I just use Mugenmonkey to figure out the "close enough" stats

He would've had four but I'm doing math.

Even if you did try to fight me, all I'd have to do is throw a pungent cum cocktail to get you away from me.

There isn't even an item in the game called that!

Stop roleplaying.

>try to make golden haired lady
>end up making a middle aged woman

W I T C H E D

>Successfully spot illusory wall
>Rewarded with 2 ritual blood(5)'s

th-thanks Miyazaki