/eagg/ - East Asian Genocide General

Previous thread of thwarted fire attacks: Pastebin for newcomers: pastebin.com/Gq3pxGqc
Musou Stars OST: pastebin.com/eB09X6D4
Recommended Reading: pastebin.com/eJ4kNhSE
What we know so far about DW9 (old & busted): pastebin.com/yyQCXi69
Cao Cao 2014: pastebin.com/UHcpuWM6
Three Kingdoms 2010: pastebin.com/yTcAccLy

Dynasty Warriors 9 Debut Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=BlE4tQl-8is
Dynasty Warriors 9 ChinaJoy Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=YzXoYqomyo0

Bulletin;
-Man Chong and Cheng Pu are in. Still no release date.
-Characters mix pre-DW6 designs with 8 aesthetics.
-DW9 will be open world. Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return.
-Warriors Orochi may or may not be phased out.
-Berserk Musou is out.
-Sanadamaru is out, named Spirit of Sanada and no Vita version.
-Toukiden II is out.
-Musou Stars trademarked in Europe, called 'Warriors All-Stars'
-ROTK13pucc~ is out.
-tfw no pucc~ 2.
-Fire Emblem Warriors is focusing on nu-FE to nobody's surprise.
-Just because we're a supply base doesn't mean we can't fight!

Other urls found in this thread:

tieba.baidu.com/p/5247099944
pastebin.com/dkfa4a5X)
pastebin.com/NNFHf7Yf)
pastebin.com/ZS4LnpFw)
pastebin.com/w6yZgcM1)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for fire attacks.

>not sun quan

bravo yuan shitter

Third for pillows

delet

>New moveset
>New musou
D-don't cut ain't musou out Koei, my boi Lu Bu suck without it.

This guy is gonna be jealous of Dun.

from what I can gather from the comments
>stream was an extended version of what we saw yesterday
>someone commenting on Lu Bu having an awkward Chinese voice
>game crashed at one point
>very rudimentary translation but if I'm interpreting it right, Dong Zhuo and Diaochan don't have their movesets finished yet so they were using generic swords as placeholders
>female fans mad Zhao Yun wasn't shown off

Sun Cuck

>zhao yun at hulao gate
I never understand why they want this, he wasn't there

And Hua Xiong wasn't killed by Guan Yu, but they hype that up every game and he's literally a unique NPC in 9. Fans don't care about being completely historically accurate.

>Hua Xiong wasn't killed by Guan Yu
Not in ROTK

Zhao Yun wasn't even there in ROTK

Isn't his NPC the same as Gongsun Zan in 9?

Its DW poll, a western DW poll on top of that. I'm not sure it matters as much to warrant meddling with it.

But then again, being a western DW poll, probably means that not many people care about it, which kinda tells that meddling wouldn't be hard.

I'll ship it.

Yo, someone hook me up with that new footage, senpai. i need it

i posted it again

>Historical accurate
Isn't the game based on the novel?

Thats what he's saying you idiot. Its based on the novel and pulls even more stuff, and most fans don't give a shit.

Hello :)

if anything it needs more anime

just go batshit

More anime = more anime tiddies

Who do you think is gonna be the top 5 in the western poll?

At least 3 Jin characters, all the kiddies love the anime shit.

Dong Zhuo thanks to /eagg/'s plans

Apparently Gao Shun was another generic officer spotted in the stream.

I think Sega might have beaten Koei to the punch with Chacha

>generic officer
JUST

Lu Bu's army already have more than enough characters anyway

>wanting literally who's to be featured when koei can't even handle the famous characters properly

Does anyone else still play older entries in the series? I find myself playing more DW5 than any of the ones based on the newer systems.

I play 6 and 2 a lot.

Someone upload the new gameplay to youtube, please.

I'm most hyped for Chinese dub.

I'm currently replaying ROTKXI and MOZ

if movesets aren't done yet I don't see why they can't use a generic model for certain officers before their official reveal

Pretty much this. Dong Zhuo was an unavoidable case since he's a returning character, but it'd be retarded if they accidentally reveal a new char before officially announcing them

>Guan Yu move is fucking dope
>Cheng Pu move is very generic
Double standard pls.

I go back and play Yellow Turban or Hulao Gate in DW6 once in a while.

I'm most hyped for running aimlessly around China all day.

I love DW6's Yellow Turban and Hulao Gate

Dong Zhuo's design.

DW5-like outfit?

Xiahou Yuan on the right.

Not really. I emulated 4 a while back due to nostalgia, but the games did evolve in the right directions. Some parts are great but they're not worth dedicating yourself to imo. In the end its still the same and the QoL improvements and improvements to general gameplay make them kinda redundant.

>580x326
>little bit of helmet and blue armor seen
WOW... might as well post nothing mate.

Can't see shit, but it looks like he still has a helmet.

It's better than nothing :^)`

Thank you mega man

me on the left

Female generics confirmed?

I'm playing DW4XL and DT2 right now. I'm very slowly obtaining all of the lv.11 weapons in 4XL and only just realised that I never actually finished Cao Cao's epilogue in DT2.

>Lu Bu still use old move set from DW8
Only Guan Yu got full revamp, I guess?

Is he now? Probably just placeholder until his new moveset is actually completed. Also, stream link please.

more like tokugawa ieyasu on the right

Thanks.

So how bad is Cheng Pu's moveset /eagg/?

So what I've seen so far. The new combat system is basically: Instead of having to go through the square string to reach the charge attack you want to use, there is now no square string, and the charge attacks are assigned on to different for you to press when you begin attacking instead.
That actually... seems pretty boring. At least it looks like you can cancel or string the attack into another attack, so it still has potential.

He's fine, a quick hit type contrast to a heavy hitter like Guan Yu.

I can't play the video.

Doesn't work on mobile.

So, a few things I noticed watching the stream:
>Generics still use their movesets from DW8
>There's no longer a square string, and now the charge attacks are assigned to different button so you can use any of theme at any time
>You can cancel attacks or string that attack into another one
>One of Cheng Pu's initiate attack is the DW8 Double Volgue's C3
>Lu Bu was shown using his DW8's C3 at one point, not sure if it's just a re-used animation for one of his initiate attacks or he was just having his old DW8 moveset as a placeholder
>Diao Chan was using Yuan Shao's Long Rapier as placeholder, and was shown using the weapons's C3 attack at one point
>Dong Zhuo was using Cao Cao's Shadow Sword as placeholder, and seems like it's really just the old weapon instead of actually something new because he's shown trying to use the weapon's square string at the end of the gameplay segment
>As expected, the open world was a lot of fucking nothing
>You can see fish jumping out of water
Wow, so revolutionary
>You can now jump out of water
>You can now even do wall jumping
>The enemy is actually back to being agressive again, probably at the same agressive level as DW6

I'm on desktop, maybe it's blocked in my country. Oh well, I guess I'll wait for someone to upload it to YouTube.

Do enemy officers still have absurd blocking radius?

Don't know about that, as the gameplay mainly show Cheng Pu attacking mooks here and there and rush straight to Dong Zhuo to finish the stage without doing much in between. And oh, I forgot about this but
>Musou attack is now back pre-DW7 style where you hold O to prolong the attack, but it still ends with a really powerful wide range attack similar to DW7's and DW8's
RIP Huang Gai's Kinniku Buster

>Musou attack is now back pre-DW7 style where you hold O to prolong the attack, but it still ends with a really powerful wide range attack similar to DW7's and DW8's
Fuck, I hope Koei will not get rid of Air Musou, Yuanji and Lu Bu will drop to high-tier without it.

>yfw DW turns into a wuxia game

Thanks for the memories, Huang Gai ;_;

So it's basically SW4's musou system but you can choose to end or extend the initial bit.
Meh, that's pretty lame. DW8's system allowed for heaps of variety and they probably couldn't be bothered remaking all of those attacks.

>now the charge attacks are assigned to different button so you can use any of theme at any time
>You can cancel attacks or string that attack into another one

So we Basara now?

If Liu Bei was a homosexual he'd be Liu Gei

Strikeforce did that with the airwalking though

>You can see fish jumping out of water
DW9 is truly the CoD Ghosts of 2017

>Koei fanboiz: BASARA SUX
>Koei: Copies, intentionally or not, Basara's style in part
>Koei fanboiz: WOOOOOW KOEI IS GOD TAKE THAT CRAPCUM

I guarantee this will happen.

>tieba.baidu.com/p/5247099944

>director has the game forced into a super easy state
>player still get's fucked by Lu Bu and has a 3/4th's of his health knocked off in like 2 seconds and runs away like a little bitch

Chinamen everybody

We don't need this shit right now, lad

How are you guys telling what buttons they're pressing.

How is there no square string?

I'm the one playing

what did she mean by this

Ah sorry, my bad.
I love Musou games, I just found the idea funny. I'll behave, I'm not trying to start anything.

So the soldiers still seem to be passive (might be toned down like the stage demo) but even the generic officers hit pretty hard and it looks like taking on 2-3 at once is not trivial, pretty promising
Weapon switch was a get out of jail free card for most weapons and situations in DW8 so I think getting rid of that alone bumps the difficulty up

>RIP Huang Gai's Kinniku Buster
this is exactly what I was worried about...

Alright, so I've been trying to figure out Koei's thought process on how they choose who to add so that we could potentially predict them. Here's what I got:

Zhou Cang, Cheng Pu and Man Chong all hard more than 1 card in Dynasty Warriors Blast, following this pattern we can narrow it down to the following group

Wei
Cao Shuang (2 cards)
Wen Pin (2 cards)

Wu:
Zhu Zhi (2 cards)
Sun Luban (2 cards)
Zhu Huan (2cards)

Shu:
Liao Hua (2 cards)
Yan Yan (2 cards)
Xiahouji (2 cards: two in Shu, one in Wei)

Other:

Dong Bai (two cards)
Yan Baihu (two cards)
Fan Yunfeng (two cards)
Ji Ling (two cards)
Zang Ba (Three cards like Man Chong)

Going by this, we can make some educated guesses:

Wen Pin has polled significantly well, reaching second place in the first blast poll (pastebin.com/dkfa4a5X) only losing to Fan Yufeng. Wei only got two adds in DW8 so it's probably safe to say that Man Chong/Wen Pin will be the new Wei adds for DW9. Since Cao Shuang is the only new Wei character to have more than one card, he'll most likely be the Wei Xtreme Legends/9-2 add.

In the Wu group, we have only one strategist. Shu got a new strategist in DW7 Empires while Wei got a new strategist in DW8 empires, thus Zhu Zhi will most likely be the DW9 Empires add. Sun Luban and Zhu Huan are the only ones remaining from Wu, Zhu Huan polled very well in the second blast poll (pastebin.com/NNFHf7Yf) where as Sun Luban has not made into any polls, so most likely Zhu Huan = base game with Cheng Pu Sun Luban = XL/9-2.

For Shu, We have Xiahouji with Three Cards so she's more or less guaranteed to be added since she polls extremely well and has more cards than the other Shu's. We got 1 girl and 2 guys in DW8 so if the pattern holds, Liao Hua will be accompanying Xiahouji in the base game since he made it into the second blast poll where as Yan Yan didn't. By process of elimination, we can safetly say Yan Yan will be the Shu Xtreme Legends/9-2 add.

(Cont)

Zhu Ran better have an improved move set or I'm going to be pissed

I've got nothing for Jin, none of their new characters have more than 1 card and they haven't gotten on any polls either. My only educated guess is that Lu Kang polled well on the DW8 famitsu poll (pastebin.com/ZS4LnpFw) so Yang Hu is probably a safe bet. On the other hand, Xin Xianning was the second Jin character on the DW7 Empires poll (Zhang Chunhua being first, pastebin.com/w6yZgcM1) so she's also a possibility.

Other's a bit tricky, they haven't gotten any new characters in the base game since DW5 so it's hard to say what'll happen with them. What we can say for sure is that Zang Ba is the only Other character to have three cards, so he's probably guaranteed for the base game in DW9. For Xtreme Legends/9-2, DW8XL focused on Lu Bu's faction so if we get another faction based XL, It'll most likely be Dong Zhuo focused with Dong Bai since he's the only others warlord to get a subordinate with two cards. On the other hand, Ji Ling also got two cards so DW9XL could be Yuan Shu focused but that would require adding him. There's also the fact that Fan Yunfeng won first place in the first blast poll so they might bend the pattern for her. Sima Hui/Water mirror also got three cards, but I didn't include him because their the same picture with different rarity's unlike the others.

One more thing about Shu, the producer for DW9 has a soft spot for Ma Su so Koei might break the pattern to get him in. Wang Ping is also a similar case where he and Liao Hua we're supposed to be added in DW8 instead of Guan Xing and Zhang Bao so Koei might break the pattern to get him added as well.

>Xiahouji
God fucking dammit

Yan Baihu also has some precedence since he polled well on the DW7 empires Warlord poll along with being in the first blast poll so he might get in. But this same set of polls also had Hua Xiong win first place in the warrior catagory even though he's a generic in 9 so who knows.

Who knows, they might use her in order to red pill us on Zhang Fei.

You're going to get bluepilled and you and her will like it.

Guan Xing and Zhang Bao being added instead of Liao Hua and Wang Ping in DW8 was a mistake

>tfw Lu Kang never
>even when he does get added he'll have his shitty Blast design

Fuck me I really wish they'd hired a better artist for that game.

If they got added DW8 would have easily had the best new characters in the series
With them focusing on the Chinese market I bet they're going to crank the Guan Yu worship up to 12 now

You got your one geezer

Great, now there's no reason not to give him his club and bombs back

I don't know about that, in the new gameplay he wasn't with Guan Yu and Liu Bei. Almost like their trying to avoid him.

But I wanted to see him spin around with a boat

>tfw Zhang Fei is raping Xiahouji every single time they are on screen now

I'm sure we could meet halfway here. Since pre-DW6 had a small shield, maybe they could replace that with the boat.