/fng/ - Fortnite General

Cute Ninja edition

>What is Fortnite?
It's a 4 player co-op basebuilder/tower defense with lot's of loot and various hero classes.

>Do I have to buy it?
At the moment yes, currently there are various founders packs for sale, starting at $40. It will go F2P next year.

>If I was in alpha do I have to buy?
If you spent money equal to the price of a founders pack during the alpha you will receive the corresponding founders pack for free plus. If you did not you will get a discount on one.

>Where do I buy it?
fortnite.com

>/fng/ discord
discord.gg/uXZHAyG

>/fng/ loot table (ongoing project, help is appreciated)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wrfh3l2kOfXi-TxDcSaXDrShaZzMSVd4iZeGk8mraBg/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/fortnite-discussion/general-discussion/19031-state-of-game-progression
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Previous thread

PENNY > ALL OTHERS

penny best girl

Fuck year, new thread.
Agreed. Shame we'll never get to mix and match kits so we can actually make exactly what we want on the character with the outfit that we desire.

I WANT PENNY TO BE MY MOM

pennyfags are the worst

So I'm at 850 V-Bucks do I just keep saving these for Super Llamas?

Tell me about it. It's all about that hunk Kale.

>the devs dodging all the pay 2 win questions on the forums but responding to all the useless shit
how long until everyone drops this? maybe 2 weeks? Getting fucked on by rng and plank is starting to become a chore

i was just going to pick this up please dont quit and leave me all alone

Super and Legendary Troll Trucks.
Maybe Legendary Troll Stashes too.
You can swap to regulars if you got enough of the stuff you want at higher rarities.
Don't worry user, I'm here for better or for worse. Although I'm kinda inconsistent in playing cause I like a variety.

desu I'll probably be playing this for a long time. I'm having a blast and the rng hasn't been too brutal for me. Really the only thing I still need is a better hero but that's on me because I refuse to play anyone but my waifu.

Wrong

These fucking autism tower missions holy shit why.

>PS4 exclusive soldier gets a blue beanie

Can't make this shit up.

here you go senpai

Goldface edit when?

D E D
E
D

>have to unlock 40 nodes in tier 2 skill tree before you can 3 star a hero

oh my god fucking kill me

epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/fortnite-discussion/general-discussion/19031-state-of-game-progression

>What happens if you are off level? You need more bullets, you are more squishy, you build more to slow husks down, generally the game feels more grindy.
>the game feels more grindy
:^)

Is there a way to put extra resource that you have in your bag to your storm shield storage?

Nevermind found it out, I suck dicks.

Finally someone with tastes

My fucking dick

hory shit dud, did i help you in a storm shield defense 2 days ago by Chance?

please bestow upon me a legendary centurion/shock trooper/urban assault you fucking llamas

Maybe? What hero was I using

What's everyone's favorite class/subclass?

Better question: What's the one you want but can't get?

From what I have, I like Shock Trooper, but I'd like to try Centurion or maybe Urban Assault.

i'd like anything beside a basic fucking assassin

>thought shredder was a shotgun
>mfw I passed up legendary sniper schematics for shotguns
Dang.

>game with a fat bitch and a nigger
No, thanks. Game characters are supposed to be cool, not shit.

I want /vpol/ to leave

Now scurry along

Unironically, Penny's kit fits me perfectly on top of me being a degenerate fatfag, which makes her 10/10. Now to just reacquire her with at least Blue rarity and get a decent sledge.

Assassin Sarah

I'd suck off everyone at Epic to get a legendary Shuriken Master Sarah

I love my controller kyle
I'd kill for megabase

I'm a bit confused on the separation between characters and subclasses.

Do you basically get a random character (skin) plus a random subclass (skill set) combined? Or are certain characters only certain subclasses?

outlander, that White guy with a green cap. you made a Shredder for me for some silver ore

Ah wasnt me then

I hope this is the case so I can get a min/maxed Penny.

penny is a constructor who can be one of a few subclasses, each subclass version of her has a different look

Characters are effectively skins and voice-packs. They are grouped into Classes who have a mixed bag of Skills. Each subclass decides your skill set and passive bonuses. Each rarity of subclass has additional skills and passives as you increase in rarity as well as a different base color scheme from the other rarities. Example: Uncommon normal Penny has blond-pink hair while Legendary normal Penny has chestnut brown, etc.

>mfw I retire my fireteam leader without knowing it
Guess I just use a uncommon now.

How do you even get that much exp?

My collection book level 13 'jackpot' llama had 6 cards in it.

Is this a bug, or am I unlucky?

Not him but I typically get a level up every mission, 2 or 3 if I have the full daily exp and it's a hard mission.

>"jackpot"
Definitely should have had more.

I thought all the collection book llamas were just weapon or trap packs.p

I reported it as a bug then, but I doubt I'll get anything from it =/

Looking forward to leveling this and a deadeye.

Is there like a weapon tier list out there?

That poor thing's conflicted. Only one bad mod, but still a bit wild.
>26% Crit chance, 80% bonus Crit damage
>35% additional base Damage
>And it decays at 76% speed

I'm not a fan of that rifle at all I just don't like the base damage it puts out but maybe what you have will do work.

What's the logo for the Alpha Testers on Banner?

does this shit run on p2p or servers? and is it worth playing if im aus?

also is it even good or am is it a meme game thatll die in a week, i need something that lasts at least 1 month

No idea about the Aus thing but it'll definitely survive at the barest, bare minimum a month but I expect it to have a substantially longer shelf life IF ONLY because it fills such a bizarre niche that nothing else is in.

Things usually only get short shelf lives when there are competitors everywhere doing the exact same thing.

Are grey-tier survivors basically just for melting down into XP?

Slot-filler until you got better.

Just did the same thing my negro

With the Deadeye bonuses it becomes 60% crit and something like 150% crit damage. It's already a very good sidearm for taking out large enemies at point blank.

>make a maze around the objective, filling it with traps and making sure weaker walls are within to entice husks into following it
>husks just beeline to the closest wall regardless of strength and start whaling on it
fun game

There is a trap type that you can use to make them not go there

Mercy, take off that Genji cosplay.

>when you get that rush when doing a outpost alone when you really should not

As of right now I'm taking around 30% damage to outposts with one death but want to see how far I can push it with out putting down a ton of traps

>tfw getting praised for my base building
and thats why I roll with Kyle

I'm not very good at making them but I like seeing what others have

Does anybody else seem to encounter retarded ninja players way more often than on any other class?

That's because their best is like a retarded ninja.

Sorry if I'm one of those ninjas, I broke my main hand so i'm playing with my feet.

So far I ran into two ninja's who would start the mission with out saying anything when they not play any part of building.

Which will turn out better?

left.

leftuh

>Can craft explosives, intricate mechanical traps and delicate firearms with a bundle of twine and some bear shit
>Can't turn metal into nuts & bolts

Sasuga

Bro got one of the big packs with a bonus copy so I'm asking before accepting.

Is it pay to win, what with the founder pack exclusive rewards?
Are packs a headstart or are they endgame tier?
Can you obtain all the good shit and be on par with other players by just playing, or will I always be behind (in turn making it so that nobody will invite me because I didn't found it)?
Is it an endless grind for RNG drops?
Is gear > skill?

Oh and do heroes drop like in Dirty Bomb with completely random skills and qualities, making hero leveling an RNG chore?

I want Penny to construct a giant log of shit in my mouth.

It's all bad. It's possible to get lucky and be set for life from just random drops, but it's not going to happen. 90% of the skill required is being able to make headshots, knowing what to shoot, and how to construct effective bases.

Heroes all have set skills and qualities
It's grindy as fuck
It's pay/luck/wait2win
If you get supremely unlucky or fuck up and destroy all your good drops, it's possible to basically ruin your game

All that said, the community seems fine, I haven't encountered a SINGLE instance of someone being a prick, yet, and there's tons of shit that even players with literally zero weapons or gear can do (mostly building)

So should I be saving my Pure Drops of Rain for Rare/Legendary schematics and just keep Rares at Level 10?

d-d-do I believe?

Indeed. And his voice actor is David Boat, which makes him even better.

Believe.
Also got 3 legendaries.

believer gift is 15 upgrade llamas

what's the Believer Gift?

It's not pay to win, it's pay to progress. Which isn't any better, but still.

Honestly the model wouldn't be that offensive if they had gone F2P this month, but instead the game is being played and reviewed by folks who dropped at least $40 just to get in the door. So of course the mobile game style F2P model is going to rankle a lot of players.

The speed you unlock skill points does slowly decline as you continue in, but it's just another grind, so as long as you're not trying to speed through the main story line it is not that bad. Then again, I'm still stuck on the first skill tier with over sixty skill points saved up, so it doesn't sound that bad to me.

Anyone?

I really wouldn't bother evolving weapons about one star if they don't have good modifiers. Unless you REALLY like your weapon

Okay I see. So if I'm indifferent about this p2w stuff, if I just wanna build a base and kill zombie waves with a bro, is it worth my time?
I'll still want to be on equal footing in late game without spending money. Is it POSSIBLE?

Thanks, I guess I'll have to wait for a Super Llama or something. Most of my weapons are Level 10 and I feel like my damage isn't as good as it should be, I just got to Plankerton.

Ray becomes corrupted and you get that and she tempts you to open it. I'm not sure if I should..

uhhh nevermind, It says Thank you for believing in fortnite. It might just be for all the problems they've had, and it happened at the same time I got to that point in myquest.

I have no idea what im talking about

Yeah, it's possible

k

lmao
i got the same gun, it's shit
but those rolls

I don't even care for constructors or Penny, but I guess I have to main constructor now since I'll never get another orange Hero.