/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about Sonic's stuff! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #844 - Egoraptor edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
Sonic Mania OST - Special Stage ("Dimension Heist")
youtube.com/watch?v=OLcblxrrE0Q

Many Details of Mania Revealed at SDCC: Animated Intro, Special Stages, Story, etc.
www.tssznews.com/2017/07/22/sdcc-2017-special-stage-in-sonic-mania-revealed-story-details/

IDW and SEGA Enter Publishing Deal; Will Be Speaking to Fan-Favorite and New Creators
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/888538195045998592
twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/888536084472352770

Sonic Forces "Enter Infinite" Trailer & Theme of Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98 youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

Archie Sonic Officially Cancelled; Not the End of Sonic in Comics
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/887809496898088960

>General Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:j8HaFKxVePsJ:https://favlook.osa-p.net/new.html?user=NaotoOhshima &cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Damn, that's really good. You could have had a job at Archie, once upon a time.

But seriously guys Amy is pure. Stop making sexy pictures of her.

>Egoraptor edition

>i think 'aging Amy' is a fetish.
This is because preboot Archie made her wish to be older, isn't it?

better a wish to be older to retcon an age than what they did to charmy

No.

Post Amy.

I don't think I have a good grasp on their anatomy for that, but thank you.

context

i think that and shipping in general. she needs to be closer to sonic's age.

>no headband

That was simply to change her to be more in line with the games.

it's kinda cute how arin is a total tsundere when it comes to sonic

Id do whatever made him feel nice.,im,morr drunk now but too nervous to,join his group chat

reminder

That's pretty good, user.

Don't sell yourself short. These are very cute, and I've seen much, much worse. Just look at how many Archie Sonic pencilers were fan artists first. I expect to see you in the comics pages one day, so keep practicing and submit your work to IDW!

So, are you just going to pretend he was serious with that tweet?

>ywn hold her
I can't go on, /sthg/. What's the point? True perfection doesn't exist.

Even though it's ankle deep in dark ages dogshit, I kind of always really thought the idea of Chaos Knuckles wasn't an inherently bad one.

>it's just a joke, guys
>ignore that he regularly makes statements like this
>and that he blew up on twitter over Sonic
>and that he chose the absolute worst port of SA1 to play
>and all he did was complain about it
>and he never praises the series for anything
>and his first reaction to Mania was to criticize the title animation
If Arin is just joking, DSP is just pretending.

I agree

I know you said this to make it sound like an obvious non-truth, but if you knew anything about Darksydephil you'd know that he is absolutely half pretending. Not pretending to be terrible at everything he ever tries to do, but absolutely playing up fake frustration or rage, and you can definitely tell when he's actually raging.

Final Rush is the epitome of 3D Sonic gameplay and level design

for the longest fucking time i thought amy rose was a cat

Did anyone else dislike Amy at first then end up liking her more as time went on? She was obsessed with Sonic in the games and I never read the comics

>and his first reaction to Mania was to criticize the title animation
I'd like to see that. Arin hasn't gotten any better at animating since the Venusaur video.

Amy a cute! CUTE!

I don't like cute things!

I never really had an opinion on Amy Rose when I first saw her. She was just "that girl who really liked Sonic." But over time yeah, she grew to become one of my favorite characters in Sonic.

IIRC, Arin said the Mania title animation was "overanimated."

I hate how badniks don't have little animals in them anymore. Was Heroes the game that started this shitty trend?

I don't think it's unfair to call out frame bloat, which Sonic Mania definitely has a bit of, but I'm sure he picked the worst possible way to explain it. I don't really see Egoraptor as the type to have any kind of spriting experience.

>still no mobile chao garden

Why

I'm pretty sure he said the intro screen looked bad "over animated" or something. I can't find the tweet though.

He also got worse at animating. Look at the last Sequelitis video. I get that it's supposed to be animated the way it is but seriously, it just looks awful when compared to the previous ones

It was SA2, because enemies drop Chaos Drives.

>dat music
>dat flow
>dat insta-death from falling

It's a very comfy stage.

It wasn't Sonic Adventure 2 at all. Eggman's robots still had Small Animals inside, but the United States Government isn't going to be powering their military robots with animals, so they have their own power source.

Eggman machines dropped animals still, granted there weren't a lot of them.

>I hate how badniks don't have little animals in them anymore.
The most recent game was Lost World and we even got to see the factory where they're put inside.
You are wrong.

from sonic news network

Egg Pawns are cool

Heroes started it, probably because there were no chao to pick up animals for, so they didn't feel the need to bother making models and such for them.

Given that the spiral towers from Marble Garden are used in Stardust Speedway, I suppose it's unlikely that MG is still a contender for one of the classic stage slots.

Which stage do you think has the pulleys in it?

Fair enough, I forget there that were GUN robots as well.

>insta-death from falling
How does that add to the comfyness?
Stardust Speedway is the comfiest Sonic stage by the way.

He's wrong, it doesn't make it comfy, it makes it thrilling

I spent nearly 10 minutes looking through both accounts for this tweet only to find it's fake. Thanks.

George Lucas made 3 good Star Wars movies, doesn't mean he wasn't eventually an active detriment to a franchise he once had a hand in making great.

Dragon Ball under Akira Toriyama was good when it ended in 1995. Everything he's added to the series since its return in 2013 had only tarnished the original product.

Noticing a pattern, here? Old fucks need to not overstay their welcome just because they did a thing once.

The word comfy is subjective and used too often, so people are most likely not using it properly.

both tweets are real but were deleted at some point

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:j8HaFKxVePsJ:https://favlook.osa-p.net/new.html?user=NaotoOhshima &cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Please be nice to Sonic

Look, he's a chill guy. Just talk to him. Or whoever else. They deal with all kinds of autism I'm sure. Send him an email or Twitter message. I've met him and his assistant and hes just a fuckin normal dude.

Ok, but then was the actual picture? Why does Oshima care if someone captions Iizuka saying "FUCK OFF"?

Seriously though, this is great.

oh, I will....

ohshima is a nice man and iizuka is his friend

No Sonic needs to suffer.

Why is Tails the best character?

If he's that much of a friend he should step back into his role on the Sonic dev team and gently guide Oshima away from further fucking up Sonic's character.

Because he's a cute fox boy.

You can suck in the gut but you can't suck in them titties.
I feel as though he's blurring the line between poking fun of Sonic autists and actually being one. It's like Chris-chan's fans, who is the real autist here?

No I loved her from the first time I saw pictures of her in Nintendo Power.

I'm very glad you like it.

>datass.jpg

error. 404. file missing.

Ok /sthg/, help me out here. A lot of you want another thread simulator. And I might do it. Thing is, I'm a bit of a newfag and I don't know how to view past threads. At least not ones older than a week. Is there an archive somewhere of every thread ever?

I want Amy to sit on me

You might not have to go back far.

I want Shadow to fart in my face.

Stop it. You're not getting in. Well, maybe the first one. But not the second.

The second one wasn't me senpai

Just played Sonic Jam for the first time. The Sonic World stuff is pretty neat. But the emulation for the games seems a little off. It's a tad slow, the sound effects are different and the colors are super saturated.

I want Rouge to smother me with her bat tats.
And then fart in my face.

Okay I am the 100% Shadow over Sonic fan and even I acknowledge that there is no reason to make Sonic suffer. Life has made him suffer enough. No need to add to that.

If the emeralds were locked into the ARK control room place, then how did they get down into the core at the weird "fake" emerald shrine area behind the biolizard?

Lets be honest here. How much of a chance does the Archie FF have to show up in the new IDW Sonic comics? Not as anything major, mind you, but just in some capacity, be it background characters, incidentals, whatever.

Personally, I'm optimistic, though I can understand IDW wanting to go their own way.

A very strong chance, assuming Ian is writing again. Even if he isn't, they're almost guaranteed to come back in some capacity. They're SEGA-owned characters. To not utilize them would be a waste.

>once
both adventure games, colors and generations are on that list too
he directed some of if not THE biggest titles in the entire series

if there's anyone we really need to worry about it'd be morio kishimoto, lost world's director, who's apparently directing forces as well

As long as Ian comes along, I think it's good. If not, I wouldn't count on it unless they get another comic fan onboard.

oh cool
so what are yall expecting?

Pinball

He's probably a bigger Sonic autist than all of us combined.

new clothes, but hopefully new species as well maybe new levels will be on the list too
but reptiles first please

That
is
good
my friend

Do you think Mania will top 3&K?
From what we've seen, it already looks much more refined, but I don't know if it'll capture the same feeling of a grand adventure.

we'll see
we know that Mania's gonna have more stages than any of the classic stages, but over half of them are returning from previous games
if anything especially outstanding would come from mania, it'd have to be the chaos emerald's involvement in the main story and the connections between the levels and their in-universe explanations (i.e. hydrocity was a huge underground dam)
those are the only two factors from 3k that i think mania will have trouble topping

>we know that Mania's gonna have more stages than any of the classic games
Now they're saying Mania is only about equal in length to 3&K.

What kind of stories do we even expect from an IDW-managed comic? If they go for off-brand Archie style we'll likely get more of the same, but what if they go for more editorial oversight?

I legit don't know what kind of comics IDW goes for. (I mean I know the brands but I've read like one IDW comic in the last five years) Anyone wanna /Co/ out for a bit and tell us what we're in for?

>grand adventure
Does anyone have that image of the island and the path Sonic and Tails took around it during this game? It's been a long time since I've seen it.

Amy a cute

Crawl back to your hole, Arin.

George Lucas was not a detriment to Star Wars at any point you fucking normie motherfucker.

The Prequels, whether you liked them or not (and I think you're pretty fucking brainwashed to brush them off like some RLM-Obsessed redditor), were still incredible passion projects, with some of the greatest blends of practical and special effects in history. His storytelling was daring, and completely outstanding from the usual Hollywood trash executives would have you eat up.

He then spent a decade funding from his pocket, one of the greatest animated series of all time, completely out of his passion for the storytelling. He claimed to have wanted to bring the quality of movie animation to the small screen, and thus paid for 121 motherfucking episodes of The Clone Wars, often exceeding $1 million per episode.

According to Lucasfilm's Pablo Hidalgo, the show wasn't even close to the viewership needed for the show to be profitable, Lucas just wanted to properly tell the tale of Anakin Skywalker and the Clone Wars before he left.

So don't you motherfucking dare to use George Lucas in your shitty arguements. You're insane if you believe that JJ cocksucking Abrahms was somehow benefiting the franchise and Lucas wasn't.

Getting real sick of hearing about this faggot.

To be honest, the thing everyone is missing with the new comics is that they're probably going to be building off of the most recent videogames release. Why wouldn't they, right?

And what is the base story for Forces? Sonic and the Freedom Fig-I mean, "the Resistance", fighting back against Eggman.

Sounds familiar right? Injecting Sally and the others would be the easiest fucking thing ever because Forces is literally the story that they originated from. If there is any chance of the FF returning, it will be because of Forces.