/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Weapon Intros: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Gameplay 7/24: youtube.com/watch?v=aGMrgDM7Fco#t=26m10s

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nhhEHUFStDs
youtube.com/watch?v=04kywiMtvGc
youtube.com/watch?v=-Q5Gyu6Y318
youtube.com/watch?v=m81XclDe5Dc
youtu.be/T8FA1HzJE-s?t=138
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Frogstick gets air dashes and the ability to hit the monster midair to gain height, so can now both stay in the air and reposition to dodge attacks and go back in to hit the monster without touching the ground
>SnS can jump high into the air and even use the grappling hook without sheathing
>LS can build up fedora energy to momentarily phase out of existence and become unbound by the laws of gravity due to all the excess brain matter
>Even the lance can now hop so hard that with a running start it momentarily achieves flight

>DB and LBG, being The light weapons, have to use ledges like regular plebs

What a travesty

Hunting styles ruined MHGen.

Hunting ruined MH

>>Even the lance can now hop so hard that with a running start it momentarily achieves flight
That's been a thing since MH4

>need another 5 Hyper somethings
>the ones that drop once every other quest
No one likes this right?

Are you looking forward to fighting him in MHW?

youtube.com/watch?v=nhhEHUFStDs
youtube.com/watch?v=04kywiMtvGc
these are the only monsters from Frontier I want to see

I like Monster Hunter!

>poisons with nearly every attack
yeah, fuck off with that

>not wanting the best frontier monster
taikun doesn't even get love in his own game, left behind with no g rank version.

never even seen that, like the design

youtube.com/watch?v=-Q5Gyu6Y318

There's only like three of us that have played any kind of lance but Generations striker lance, which loses the jump and a bunch of other shit.

we better get a hanako armor for our palicos in world

I strongly disagree.
Aerial Bug stick and Adept Greatsword are some of the most fun and satisfying things I have experienced in MH

Hunting styles did not ruined Gen, Arts and having incredibly unbalanced styles is what killed it.

But I'm glad they are out forever

>Aerial anything
>Fun and satisfying
How can you enjoy spamming the same one jump and attack over and over and over
That's probably the laziest thing in the game outside of maybe striker style

Not that guy but that's not what aerial IG is. Aerial IG replaces the pole vault with another one that launches you like clear across the area in a second and your aerial attack can hypothetically continue hitting infinitely since you spin until you hit the ground. I don't think it's very satisfying but it's definitely not like any other aerial style.

You do know that having a jump and improved aerial attacks does not mean that Aerial style is incapable of attacking on the ground, right?
Aerial and Adept are the only styles that significantly change the way weapons are played.

It is extremely disappointing that Capcom decided to scrap Styles instead of refining and re-balancing them.

>Aerial and Adept are the only styles that significantly change the way weapons are played.
>Forgetting Brave

Actually brave is the only style that significantly changes most weapons. Adept and aerial just give most weapons basically the same shit replacing one of the things they do.

I was talking specifically about Gen, I haven't played XX yet.
From what I hear Brave is pretty rad too, hopefully I'll get to play Brave IG when Capcom localizes XX

Just hack your 3ds
There's no reason not to at this point

Is there a translation out yet?

There's been an XX translation for months.

>stop playing mh after hours upon hours invested in mhfu, mhf korea, tri, 3U and 4U
>get generations
>"oh yeah collect herbs for a few more hours, again"

rip

What are the best element snsesses in XX? Alatreon for dragon, the mixed metal rath for fire? I have no idea.

XX has had a patch since less than a week after it came out

Hey, does anyone buy from playasia?
anything I should know before or I preorder XX for switch?
should I just wait until it releases to order it?

any other sites I should use if playasia is a shit?

Can I transfer my save?

yes. figure out how to do it yourself though.

how about instead of asking us twenty questions answered both in the op and implicitly several times every thread you just read the op and/or thread

Read the OP you mong

>Hey, does anyone buy from playasia?

Yeah I got a few things from them, like 3DS cases and a Zinogre plush. There might be some other decent websites around, the only Jap site I bought shit off was AmiAmi.

>people thinking mainline MH will ever return to handhelds again
If they went through the trouble of creating entirely new nect-gen assets, there's no way they aren't reusing them for the next decade at least. I know the Japanese core market is handhelds, but to meit looks like they are either

a) hoping the western fanbase will pick up the sales slack and abandoning JP (simultaneous global launch and consoles+pc)

Or

b) going to keep spin-offs on handheld and mainline on consoles

Monster Hunter Portable World for the Switch.5 2020

They could also be testing the waters for an international MMO.

>tfw your presence haunts both /mhg/ and the discord

youtube.com/watch?v=m81XclDe5Dc

MHW DB footage

Kirin for thunder(stack element skills), absolute zero for ice. For dragon, I think Valfalk(forgo sharpness skills) is better. No idea about fire/water.

>japs playing the english version
maximum cuck

>japanese sounds soothing and pleasant to the ear
>cantonese sounds like you're being stabbed in the ear with a chopstick

And IG
and SA

>japs

holy shit IG and DB do no fucking damage
do they really just want this game to be GS ONRY?

>monster knocks you down and tries to eat you
>takes away half health
I can only imagine how much you get fucked over by higher level mons. Lotta good moving potions do if a fucking demo monster can wombo you that hard

>monster knocks over a vine tree but doesnt get trapped
>it leaves behind a fucking vine trap
that's kind of stupid

When are we going to see G rank hunts from MHW?
The beginner shit they keep showing is boring.

>Does the SA discharge from idle
>Teleports into the air to attach to its face
>Burst of fire from the mouth sets the hunter on fire and he has to stop drop and roll
>Vore Jaggi shows up and Anj lifts it up and waves it around in the air like a toy
kek

Also that regular ass steel SA had ice element, which seems weird

>japanese sounds soothing and pleasant to the ear
four ultimate

coldsteel the huntah

Oh, you poor baby

I just realized the IG switched hands so the kinsect sits on the launcher. Neat.

>IG doing 4-5 damage per hit
C U C K E D

Who was the faggot who said they were too afraid to do live gameplay? I see a controller in that gook's hands.

What are those blue bug clouds?

>dark skinned hunters now have nigger features
N-NOT WESTERNIZED

>kinsect does 22
Is it time?

Oh wonderful, everyone's favorite skills like speed eating and mounting are still in the game.
Thanks Capcom.

The anja wings just dissapearing like that is real frikkin weird. I also kinda wish that you can just free roam the map with no time limit before/after doing a quest. Just gathering and collecting lore items like the gashes or whatever. You know, like a real fucking hunter. I dont need to go on missions, just give me a territory and a weapon. I'll get the job done.

Huh, so I was right about SA having a new powerup mechanic tied to the element discharge.
>I also kinda wish that you can just free roam the map with no time limit before/after doing a quest.
That's literally what you can do in World

The armor added a cold damage skill

Neat

>Huh, so I was right about SA having a new powerup mechanic tied to the element discharge.
FUCK. SA confirmed ruined.

I hope that monsters heal after winning a monster battle, otherwise thats a lot of free damage during a clash like that.

How is that bad again

>maps have more than one basecamp
weird

So I was right about the "mines" for LBG. Its a little device that shoots a gascloud. You can shoot them to detonate but they persist after a single shot.

>still have to collect rewards one item at a time
fucking why

Gimmicks always make weapons worse, and power boost mechanics always lead to base MVs being nerfed

What are these things?
SA's entire fucking scheme is powering itself up from a meter

>gets a plate
>it's only a demo
rough

Charging was an objective improvement to GS
And the SA moveset seems to flow better/faster now, so a damage nerf would be expected

I'd rather have better damage than a more "fluid" moveset. And its attacks are actually slower than before because of how overanimated they are.

I assume you're referring to the blue lights
Probably thunderbugs

>"Dyura hatchets"
no way
NO NOT LIKE THIS

>I'd rather have higher dps than a weapon that controls well
Hello TA autist

then use a GS dumbass

what's a dyura? the only thing I know with a "dyura" is dala's jap name. it it some obscure frontier monster?

Considering GS is now an all-purpose god weapon, there's not really a sacrifice there

Relative to the damage numbers we saw on GS, it doesn't look like the MVs have changed much if at all for the two (at least in terms of their ratio with each other). Literally how do you not understand hit rate, DB hits like 20 times in the time GS hits once so yes it does a tiny fraction of the damage per hit, it still gets comparable or better dps depending on whether GS has focus.

No idea what's up with the IG, if you look later on he's doing much more damage both while he has triple up and when his extracts completely wear off. The hitrate in the air is INSANE though, so it's possible that they're reworking the weapon so that the glaive is for aerial combat/mounting and the bug is for damage, considering how much faster and stronger bugs get past the dopey slow low rank shit.

The guy wants a GS with an axe skin, I don't know what else to tell him.

don't neglect LS(spirit) and GL(heat gauge) just because they don't fit your argument

its actually jyura
lets hope it isn't a localized name
the art style is consistent with dyura equipment though

>just use a GS if you want to use a good weapon
I want every weapon to be good dipshit
Not one good weapon and 13 pointless gimmicks

Why would a Dyura weapon do water damage instead of ice?

>literally changing the argument again
you said you want to do big damage without a flashy moveset. take a wild guess which weapon does that in spades? SA has always attacked pretty fast for a "large" weapon, now the moves connect in a more stylish way. Your autism doesn't retroactively make SA into GS light.

He's talking about
>I want to use an axe
>I don't care if its moveset is fluid as opposed to slow and clunky
>I just want it to do high damage
switchaxe is the wrong weapon for you then, pic related

I don't want SA to be GS lite, I want SA to retain its current moveset instead of being ruined by pointless gimmicks. All it needed was faster axe mode movement speed and a few sword mode MV buffs.

good point, thank fuck.

>all it needed
what are you, the weapon police? they made it more stylish because they felt like it, who gives a shit what you think it needs

Making it more stylish doesn't make it any more useful. The weapon was fun to play in 4U but complete bottom of the barrel damage wise, making it even harder to do damage with it isn't the way to go there.

I guess they should just remove the model, animations and particle effects. You should just emit an aura of damage when youre in the same zone as the enemy. You'll get real consistent damage that way.

Technical weapons are supposed to be gimmicky and not as efficient as heavy ones. If you want to kill shit fast, use a heavy weapon. Technical weapons are for messing around and having fun.

>wants to do damage
>use some gimmicky trash weapon

youtu.be/T8FA1HzJE-s?t=138
So you want something like this?

>doesnt use axe once
yeah that sounds like what this dumbass wants
a large or otherwise "great" sword

Shut up you strawmanning fuck, the pace of attacking and the movement and sidesteps are a big part of what makes SA fun, but the weapon didn't feel rewarding to use in 4U because you might as well have been smacking the monster with a foam bat. Gen managed to fix that, at least.

They don't use axe once in the MHW gameplay footage either, and all the new additions are for sword mode only.

Your argument is literally
>SA has perfect animations and moveset
I mean thats just retarded in and of itself, theres no such thing as perfect, its gotta change at some point, why not now, and why not this way? Because it offends youre retarded notion of what SA """""should"""" be? Surprise cockfag, not everyone thinks the way you do, least of all the devs.