Hold on to ETH or keep buying more?

Imagine the days of freaking out if you owned bitcoin because it "dropped from $4 to $2???

Rst easy ETH headz your moon day is over yonder in the horizon. Bigly. Bigly. Shadilay! - Pepe

Other urls found in this thread:

sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1679791/000121390016018972/fs12016a1_etherindexether.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wish i could go back in time to 2011 and just start mining the shit out of BTC.

I would be a millionaire today. Instead i knew about bitcoin and never thought it would amount to anything. While i could have been making literal millions i was wage cucking instead.

I'm not going to let the next rocketship take off without me. I've bought some eth and im keeping an eye on it.

how many?

well im poor. so i could only afford 2.3 so far.

Currently holding 20 ETH I will most likely hang onto it for some time unless prices drop dramatically

I own 50 and have a highly leveraged long position spread across a few exchanges to hold through the etf rejection, which should give us a nice boost. I think in total my market exposure is like ~300 ETH

If bitcoin goes down it will take ethereum with it,notice how how when bitcoin moons all the alts go up as well?

How educated on BTC do you think the SEC is?

Have about 500 etc and this is prob the top.It's never going to be worth as much bitcoin with more coins and more inflation.

OP the type of dude that replies to himself.

Keep winning meme warriors. Shadilay! - PEPE

doesn't ETH have half the coins as buttcoin? and how is there more inflation. It sounds like im missing something?

Member?

there are 16 million btc with a total cap of 21 million and 90 million eth,not sure what the total cap is,maybe 100

>Is the ether supply infinite?

>No. According to the terms agreed by all parties on the 2014 presale, issuance of ether is capped at 18 million ether per year (this number equals 25% of the initial supply). This means that while the absolute issuance is fixed, the relative inflation is decreased every year. In theory if this issuance was kept indefinitely then at some point the rate of new tokens created every year would reach the average amount lost yearly (by misuse, accidental key lost, death of holders etc) and there would reach an equilibrium.

Hm, doesn't seem like it has a hard cap yet. That was a great post thank you for bringing this to my attention user

If ether is 2 years from doing like bitcoin did in 2013 where it took off like a rocket, I say ignore the naysayers and hold on to your coins just put an alert for when your new high limit is reached but really if it's up there it should make headlines.

I dont believe there is a total cap set in stone in the actual code like bitcoin which means in the future they could issue as many as they like.

well yes and no, the green text is from the ETH website

Soft cap yes
Hard cap no

took me a minute to wrap my head around as well.

ok i bought like 7 eth now. same reason as idc if im losing some money. don't wanna regret that shit again if it leaves for moon without me

Code is not set in stone. Technically the Chinese miners (who have majority mining share on BTC blockchain) could get together and decide to fork the blockchain and increase the limit of the total number of bitcoins.

GET YOU MOON TICKETS READY FELLAS ---> ETHER ETF IS NEXT!

sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1679791/000121390016018972/fs12016a1_etherindexether.htm

Nice, as soon as ETH hits $435,000/coin you'll be a millionaire

good plan user

road to a million with ETh

if you own 1 eth , eth needs to be $1,000,000
" " 10 eth " " $1,000,000
" " 100 eth, " " $10,000
" " 1,000 eth " " $1,000
" " 10,000 eth " " $100
" " 100,000 eth " " $10 - you already made it in this scenario tho
" " 1,000,000 eth " " $1 - same as above obvi.

edit if you own 10 eth the price of eth needs to be $100,000

Oh the story gets even worse.

Back in 2009 i was out of work and bored. It was the time that Windows Vista was released and i bought a laptop that had it preinstalled. Of course it was crap and i was forced to seek alternatives. This led me to discover the world of Linux, It wasn't long before i found myself on IRC talking to people much more tech savvy than i was at the time.

One of the things they were talking about was Bitcoin. They told me all about it and how it worked. Pointed me to the site to download the client and showed me how to mine it ON A FUCKING CPU. Yes a CPU... This was 2009.

I mined like 100 of them on my shitty laptop. And then deleted the wallet because it was 2009. Bitcoin was a joke back then.

Now it's 2009 again...

>ETF for BTC will not be approved
>ETH will rise to 25 by May
>ETH will be at 60 by 2018
>Fucking sage

Stop fucking crying like a bunch of sissy faggots when the coin dips 2-3 dollars.

big corps and devs are working on eth because it sux?

I'm so convinced that even though I bought some at 19 I kind of want it to go to 10 so I can buy more.

Have you the laptop? Maybe you can recover the wallet.

circle already exited the business altogether, theyre dead as of a few weeks ago.

that sucks, it's insane how many bitcoins ended up in your situation though, people who downloaded the client mined a few blocks then didn't care and discarded hundreds of coins never to be used again.

I think the safest best is to sell off now and get your profits - wait for theETF decision and buy back in. Either you'll be buying back in at a much lower price or you can ride the uptrend if that's the way it goes. That's my plan at the moment. I got in for 150 coins at like 13 and got out at 20 so I made a nice little chunk that I can now re-invest either way. If you don't have any right now, I say wait for the ETF and make your move then. And for gods sake, don't invest any more than you are willing to lose.