What on earth happened to Japanese cars? How come they're all shit now?

What on earth happened to Japanese cars? How come they're all shit now?

Other urls found in this thread:

autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/62383/german-cars-among-worst-engine-failures
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Focus groups + women

lexus/toyota and honda are going strong as fuck. the new civic is better than every german car below 50k.

mazda getting new engines soon so that will be interesting. subaru is the typical shit as always. nissan good trucks and GT-R. daihatsu/suzuki for small stuff. all of them more reliable than euro cars by far.

nuff said. and u?

>How come they're all shit now?
they were never good to begin with

they got better, someone feeling born in the wrong generation?

>every reviewer worth a damn says it's better than the p1 for less the money
>Veeky Forums hates them

never listen to 4channers?

the economic crash happened, noone has money for sports influenced cars anymore. just sporty econoboxs that get 30+mpg. thats why anything moderately fast is 70g+

also theres some shit about not wanting to put out sub 35k RWD turbos cars due to the fact that stupid burger boomers will buy them for their stupid millennial children and will kill themselves at alarming rates when they drift into a trailer park after drinking 7 four lokos. some exec said that it would be irresponsible to make a turbo BRZ in this day and age

Japan's economic boom is over. Cars always reflect the economic situation in their home country.

better than the 918***

but german economy is at an all time high and their cars at an all time low?

Nothing wrong with them.

>Inb4 hurr 90s JDM was the bestest evar

>but german economy is at an all time high and their cars at an all time low?
Both incorrect statements.

let me guess. refugees and you think a car breaking down before 20k miles is acceptable?

fucking americans

>a car breaking down before 20k miles
i didn't knew we were talking about american cars

nah those break down at 10k. modern german cars make the 20k mark. barely.

wrong
kys weeb

autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/62383/german-cars-among-worst-engine-failures

lol

All new cars are shit now.
Cars are dead. Standard transmissions are a dying art. In 15 years you wont even be allowed to opperate a car; a robot will have to do it because humans are mostly pathetic inept pussys whos only use in life is to buy new consumer garbage to make the 1% more insanly wealthy.

Why does the article list MB on third place? Seems good to me.

I just drove a German car from 2012. It's now at 150k km, not a single failure.
Previous work I drove a 2015 German van. Also 150k km without a single problem.

I don't know where the fuck you're talking about.

PORSCHE SHILLS BTFO

>uk
>moruqs knowing about maintenance
ok achmet

yeah their drivetrains are solid. enjoy trying to enjoy them when the car wont start because of electric gremlins and suspension breaks down. lolololololololololo
who gives a fuck you troglodyte unless you're buying a super performance model like an //M there are always better, more reliable, alternatives to w/e poorly built jewmobile krautland can spawn
haha definitely

>b-b-but muh burgerking time!
you got money and a brain buy a viper and enjoy

>dude maintain it lmao
>4 miles of faulty wiring makes your car catch on fire
>have to take engine out of the bay because of carbon buildup

haha maintenance lmao

why are krauts such jews?

>M series
>super performance

Anime sucks now but was great during the 80's/90's...

Must be a correlation.

DESU their economy was booming back then, now it sucks.

come on now even I am willing to admit they perform well

will have shit like the M5 carbon brakes fading after 15 minutes of casual use, broken rear axles during heavy acceleration, blown turbos etc etc etc etc etc etc, but they still pull like crazy

>I can't take care of my car so it builds up carbon and explodes
>HURR ITS THE GERMANS FAULTS SECOND HOLOCAUST REE REE OY VEY
literally you rn

>engineer a car so it builds massive deposits of buildup within 20k miles and make it so the engine has to be taken out of the bay for cleanup
>dude it's your fault lmao

or maybe I'll just buy a civic and not give you cheating jews money :3

They're a sport package on a normal car.
Super performance they aren't.

Fox with the grapes etc

well they're still worth owning imho. but only if you can afford them brand new

if you buy them used you're suckered into german engineering's pristine planned obsolescence plan
my civic cost more than your crappy golf

American production brought a general quality decrease for any foreign manufacturer that participated, I'm looking at you Nissan & Honda especially.

The arms race of trying to achieve high fuel economy at the cost of long-term reliablity (I.E. CVT, Cylinder deactivation, etc)

Lot's of the heavy influences, engineers and other meaningful employees have either retired and or passed on, the ones who built the perception of "Japanese quality" and made these brands the powerhouses they are today.

Lastly, the demographic who's generally buying new(er) vehicles don't care about the things that aut/o/ enthusiasts like and the manufacturers have to cater to those actually buying new products. Stacy doesn't care that her econo-mobile has no character, "it's got heated seats, AC, automatic, and gets 69 MPG, and starts at 15k with financing available for the next decade! Best car ever!"

Manufacturers are answering consumer demand which in North America at least, seems to be: Fit as much tech and automation into cars while keeping MPG high, base prices low, and pioneering new powertrain options outside of the ICE.

It's sad but true, there's not a lot we can except for enjoy the great cars that have been made already and try to preserve them as well as possible. I'll only be able to tell kids what freely driving a RWD 6 or 8 cylinder car with a manual gearbox is like.

>Americans ruined Honda reliability
>Dude buy a Civic they're reliable
Why are weebs so fucking retarded

the new civic is easily the best all rounder you can buy and only a sucker would buy anything else. has a sedan model if you wanna meme about the hatchback styling (which is more then fine but meme away)

They're not all shit now, but the offshoots like Acura and Lexus have been annoying the piss out of me for some time now

Also Nissan/Infiniti to an extent

I rather stick to my old Corolla than buy that ugly mess of a computerized vehicle.

your loss but a corolla is not a bad ecobox either