/ink/ - Splatoon General

You wouldn't forget about me now, would you?

Last thread: Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- The next NA/EU Splatfest is Mayo vs Ketchup, to be held in the first weekend of August.
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) - The Inkbrush is out now!
- New updating patching exploit and tweaking special costs: en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/p/897

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0
>S2 New weapon stats
-imgur.com/a/NFzgv

>S2 Headgear
-imgur.com/a/9w8lx
>S2 Shirts
-imgur.com/a/gUexS
>S2 Shoes
-imgur.com/a/Cq7La

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord
- Nope.

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/b5nap3v
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WHEN

Sex with Marie!

5 (five) hours

Satisfying

Is anyone else having trouble finding a turf war? Or does turf war use hidden ELO?

Tried 3-4 times but can't get enough people.

Dead on arrival game
Less than 8 people playing confirmed

why does this penalty shit even exist in splatzones. so annoying

I've had it take a while a couple times but even at like 5AM lobbies fill in under 10 seconds 99% of the time

I guess >70% win rate is too much. Rip 5 AM turf

>not the idolspl@tter
one job

Splatling confirmed worst weapon.

Haha, no
That would be tentatek, pls buff

movin on up baybe

tfw you want to level up your gear without playing ranked, so you have to play the nightmare that is aerospray war

>Simple flanks trick your team 90% of the time
>No one covers any ink that isn't directly in the splat zone, enemy can move freely.
I fucking hate you retarded cunts.

>meanwhile on gamefaqs
>Ugh my shitty teammates keep wasting time shooting the ground instead of going for the objective :(

They seriously need to delete the aerospray from the game
Or at least remove curling bomb launcher

post cancer app stats

Regular Point Sensor/Tenta Missles, Custom Splat Bomb/Ink Armor

How much longer till Salmon?

>Point Sensor

Stop giving point sensor to good weapons reeeeeeeeeeee

I love spamming tenta missles, they're going to be great for me

>I only play top tier weapons
kill yourself

>rapid blaster

Did people find out how broken it is?

It's worse than the sploon 1 version but new players are to stupid to deal with half the weapons so they call everything a crutch.

>Your news today 19 released, based on the adjusted the difficulty of udeme up after Gach match statistics. On the whole, than ever udeme makes for higher trajectories. That, the easy-to-play near the gatipower players in the same udeme does not change.
Based bing translation

Yes.

how do you take a picture of every game in the list

I would never play anything other than custom if that happened. But even if we got that we wouldn't get custom for 5 months.

>Using a Drink to increase changes of a particular ability along with brands that favour that ability doesn't guarantee getting it
This fucking stupid you can't even grind for abilities.

>can't even grind for abilities.
ability chunks :^)

Yeah it's fucking stupid, especially considering how hard it is to get specific juices AN how you need 30 fucking chunks to get a third slot.

Post the original Japanese

You could always split your subs across all 3 pieces, cutting the price down significantly.

manual screenshot

Yup, but it gives you much less flexibility

>本日19時より、発売後のガチマッチの統計データをもとにして、ウデマエアップの難易度を調節しました。
全体的に、これまでよりもウデマエが上がりやすくなります。
なお、変更後も、同じウデマエの中でガチパワーが近いプレイヤー同士が対戦しやすいことは変わりません。
Google translate gives a much better translation

Is there a collection of all the off the hook stage dialogue?

What did the update do?

Balanced some of the special costs on some weapons, and patched the ticket farming exploit.

It's better than S1 Rapid without damage up, because it's a solid 3-hit now, and thus it can and should use speed, efficiency and resistance.

are there some benefits of leveling up the weapons?

>lost light depletion bubble

I swear drop roll doesn't even fucking work half the time. I'm pushing the stick but I don't roll.

lol retard, you press X

You get extra bursts of xp when you get to 5, 10, 15... freshness

If you needed bubble to stay alive with Rapid, you're a shitter and should commit to sudoku. Same with using Cherry over the blues.

How do I git gud? The game seems to majorly benefit higher levels with more stuff unlocked which seems unfair.

So which is better, run speed or swim speed?

Considering you get the best weapon in the game at level 4 I wouldn't exactly call it unfair

Depends. You'll never run swim speed on Heavy Splatling, and never run run speed on Blaster.

On the whole it'll be easier to rank up in ranked, no change to how easily you're paired with players of the same rank.

I think I'm confused, depends on what exactly? I can see how you wouldn't ever go run speed on rollers because it doesn't work when rolling, but for other weapons I don't really understand which one would be best

Will using this weapon make me gud?

It will make you yet another tentatek user, maybe you'll git gud

user we all know that you are the most honest person ever who needs no crutches but saying the weapons that can spam invincibility specials are worse than the regular versions is all kinds of deluded.

How come inklings die in water on a planet that's like 90% water

>Favorite weapon from 1 turned into a shitty gimmick
Fuck this game.

cant deal with laggin japs every fucking game any more boys

whats the next big switch release

Do you live right next to japan?

They don't die though?

What lv required for dual squelching?

thanks

what weapon?

Aerospray master race

closer than eu or us thats for sure

>be me
>Majorly a PC player
>My two brothers get both a switch
>One of them is a little brother and he loved Splatoon ever since the 1st one. Understandable, given his age
>The older brother, however, got BotW, MK8, and Splatoon 2
>I'm even surprised as to how excited he seems to be about ALL of these games
>I mean, he's a console player. But I did not expect this.
>He'll be coming off to town next week with the Switch, insisting that i try it out for me to buy a third one and join the two brothers in the inking.

I did play a few games of Splatoon 1 year ago, and it was mildly interesting. What should I expect of the Switch and especifically this game /ink/? Is it fit for people with low awareness and spectrum issues?

>3 runspeed mains on the nzap

This, but ranked. I always end up seeing the same damn people. Sitting around trying to get a match in S rank is hell.

Every weapon has a certain playstyle that benefits from either one of these. Sometimes both.
Splatlings, for example, spend most of the time on foot due to their nature, and thus you won't benefit from swim speed much.
On the other hand, weapons with long action and slow run speed like Blaster usually play dolphin, so most of the time they're in kid form they're in the air preserving their swimming momentum.
Chargers don't run a lot for obvious reasons. Bamboozler or Squiffer may get decent use out of run speed, but they're in the future.
With shooters, generally, the shorter is the range and faster is natural run speed, the further you should move towards run speed, but it's the best to run either a mixed or swim speed-only (on something like 96) kit because of diminishing returns. The exception to all of this would be Sploosh when it's back, its range is way too short for run speed to be useful.
Dualies need swim speed. They don't run a lot, rolls hog up a lot of kid time.
Sloshers are still broken and aren't affected by run speed at all. Tri would've benefitted from run speed but alas.
Nozzlenoses are a special case. L3 is the fastest runner in the game and has more range than midsize shooters, so naturally it runs run speed. H3, however, while being considerably faster than other 3-liners and as fast as midsize Tentatek, is not advicable to get run speed on or gets zebra coverage with too much of it, plus it has all prerequisites to play dolphin unlike L3, so go for a mixed kit.
Rapid and Clash- all run speed. ALL OF IT.

Octobrush and Trislosher are no skill shit weapons for shitters and I fucking hate them. Just look in the general direction of the enemy and mash.

I have an inkling that the dual squelchers aren't well balanced...

if you are so skilled you can easily kill a trislosher since it kills in 38 frames.

Not if they're hopping around like fags or ambushing you. They don't have to aim so it's super easy for them to do.

Yes, but it's a slippery little shit that fights over cover and up walls. Plus burst cancel is ridiculous.

anything is a no skill shit weapon if you are ambushing people.

If you're used to mouse and keyboard controls then gyro controls are the closest you're going to get to that kind of accuracy

Make sure you use them

They actually do have to aim horizontally more because the slosh is slow-ass projectile that requires a ton of lead to hit, but not as much vertically, and their accuracy doesn't degrade when jumping either, unlike shooters' and blasters'.

That's the kind of answer I was looking for, thanks!
You're advising to get a mixed or swim-speed only set for .96, so I take it the later doesn't suffer a whole lot from diminished returns?

What is exactly gyro controls? I remember I spent a good 10 minutes on Splatoon 1 getting accustomed to the camera, but I'm not sure if that was gyro controls or anything.

>Nerds whining about getting outskilled by a fucking bucket
/ink/ is as pleb as ever. Play with true honor and try getting 800+ using a Luna Blaster.

Motion controls using the gyro in the controller
the stick is for fast turning, gyro is for aiming

96's run speed is the slowest in the game, slower than Blaster's which specifically avoids setting feet on the ground already, so you should run swim speed plus efficiency set with it. Maybe something else, but run speed 96 is hilsriously counterproductive.

Aw fuck yeah duck boots. Making an outfit for these will be fun

Alternatively, gyro is for everything, stick is like lifting your mouse and putting it on the opposite side of mouse mat.

Right. Thanks for bearing with my plebness, I want to be ready for the moment i get slapped with my brother's switch in the face.

If for any reason I end up liking it and getting a Switch, I hope you anons will bear with me even more.

Splatling.

>not just matching them up with the hunting hat and hunting jacket

>Discord
>Nope
discord.gg/b5nap3v

Also, we RWBY now

>Is it fit for people with low awareness and spectrum issues?
Fuuuuuuuuck no. Even in shitter ranks people flank constantly. It's damn near impossible to keep track of your team, let alone the enemy.

I've bought myself some LL Bean hunting boots and never hunted in my life. shit looks great.

Think of it like a checkerboarded texture with each quarter being a meter. As for how I got to what I did, in that picture the wall is 423 pixels tall while the woomy is 286 pixels tall. If the wall is 2 meters tall and by doing a little cross multiplication, you get ~1.35 meters.

>female squids wearing the school uniform with long pants

making a long turn with just gyro gets your hand turned around backwards towards yourself and then you fuck up your aim. it's best to use the stick a LITTLE to turn hard and then aim at your opponent

Ruby is gay fuck off doc

What do you mean by efficiency? the best combination of main saver + ink recovery?

Feels like all the retarded players have fucked off out of ranked