/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Is Skyrim Special Edition worth it?
No. SKSE and ENB will never be updated to work with it.

>Should I play Skyrim Special Edition or Legendary Edition?
Legendary Edition. You got your answer. Don't ask this question again in the thread.

>Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

Elder Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44772/?tab=2&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/ajax/modfiles/?id=44772&pUp=1
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Bosmer
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Altmer
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dunmer
pastebin.com/75fzM5te
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Orc
pastebin.com/5UPz70KF
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How can /tesg/ EVER compete?

/tesg/, what is best in life?

best texture for UNP?

Oh hey it's the preset that bimbo elf stole.

STOP posting waifus
START posting superior husbandos

nobody on /tesg/ can produce screenshots this good

>STOP posting waifus
Haha no.

Fucking elves...

Any users of SPERG around? I am making a perk mod with some similarities to it, and I realized that the "Healer" perk from restoration that increases the magnitude of Restoration spells might make wards too strong. Doubling the magnitude of a Greater Ward would make it block 160 damage, is it even possible for NPC spells to break that open before it regenerates itself?

share zero features

Youko, stop fapping to my waifu! >:(

Stories

I posted about this issue a couple of days ago. I used to rely solely on the "moveto player" console command just to get dragons to engage in combat with me but I found that the mod Ultimate Dragons actually partially remedies this problem by altering the dragons' AI so that they spend more time on the ground than they do in the air.

repeating memes

Waifus
Lore
Harmony

I hate all of you.

Yeah I hate me too
I mean you, I hate you too.

Exploring Falkreath forests with your favourite pack mule

When it comes to Oblivion modding, if I have things in the wrong load order, will they just simply not work, or should they give me an error message?

I'm trying to get Qarl's Texture Pack to work but it doesn't give any messages, it just simply doesn't do anything.

>those faces
>that ENB
>enb_2017

Qarl's is just a texture replacer, so even if you somehow screw up installing it, it won't show any errors.

Why bring one if you can get two?

nice shot but ruined by the lack of mods

also

wat armor ?

I know they suck. Bijin shits itself with my game for some reason.
>That ENB
it's TKRE

Indeed

The shot was taken with something like fov 2 so the fog fucked it up.

Armor is Book of UUNP steel armors with some fur cape from who knows what mod.

Do you have any idea why it might not be working?

I'm using Mod Organizer and used nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44772/?tab=2&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/ajax/modfiles/?id=44772&pUp=1 to download it. It says it all installed properly and there are no problems on Mod Organizer or LOOT.

I'm using the compatibility patch for the unofficial patches as well, and have OBSE set up perfectly.

Don't use LOOT on Oblivion, use BOSS. Also, I hear that WyreBash is better than MO for Oblivion modding, but I'm not an Oblivion expert.

whats that veil from?
skyrim doesnt have enough veil mods

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Bosmer

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Altmer

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dunmer

Why are these such big differences in these lore articles, especially Altmer?

Why is the Bosmer lore so detailed but Dunmer and Altmer so short?

ow, the edge

I don't know why but for some reason Boss won't update when I try and use it. It has Oblivion.esm, Knights.esp, Shivering Isles.esp and all the DLC, but none of my mods show up.

How is that edge you retarded shitter? Have you looked at your ugly waifus and your trash ENB?

Lustmord Veil, from Lustmord Vampire Armor. And yeah, it's the only gothic veil mod that I know of. I'm looking for something that look like what ladies wear at funerals these days.

Yeah, I've heard iffy things about Mod Organiser with Oblivion. But I don't even use MO for Skyrim, I've always been a Wrye Bash + Manual pleb. And yeah, always use BOSS over LOOT for Oblivion.

I feel like I did have some trouble with BOSS updating at one point, but I can't remember what the cause was at all. Just to make sure, have you made sure BOSS can connect to the internet and isn't being blocked by a Firewall?

It's edgy, but looks cool as hell.

I don't believe that BOSS is being blocked by a firewall. It just simply shows the default plugins and says "No change in recognised plugin list since last run."

Everything has been working perfectly until this so I might just say fuck it and not bother with Qarls.

You're using MO, so you're probably doing something retarded like not running BOSS through it.

Qarl doesn't have a plugin anyway, so BOSS wouldn't read it.

i wouldnt call that edgy in any way.

There's no need to be upset.
>It's edgy, but looks cool as hell.
Pretty much.

your pic reminds me of this

What are the best texture overhauls and which ones should I avoid like the plague?

Avoid Sexy and Tamriel Reloaded

boku no OP

tesgeneral.com, graphics

So avoid those?

When I run BOSS through it I get an error message telling me that Mod Organizer doesn't support 64 bit, but I haven't been able to find any kind of 32 bit BOSS.

You should probably just stop using MO for Oblivion.

I'm not sure what people think about SkyrimHD 2K but I use that as a base and override it with different textures or any textures that SkyrimHD 2K doesn't cover.

Probably, but I've already downloaded enough mods that are working perfectly fine that I don't really have any desire to start over. Wyre Bash wasn't working when I was trying it earlier tonight and while I probably could have gotten it working I didn't care enough to put the effort in, so I'm just going to delete any mods that don't work.

yes totally, thats the point of tesgeneral.com, it shows all the bad mods in its guide

I went down the list of Oblivion mods on Tesgeneral and listed in a notepad all the ones that interested me. When I got to Abriaels Human Races Revamped and actually saw the screenshots it made me question everything I had previously downloaded.

The Oblivion section does not have much care given to it. It probably shouldn't be there.

Most to least interesting lore of the Main races

1: Kahjiit
2: Bosmer
3: Dunmer
4: Argonians
5: Altmer
6: Breton
7: Imperial
8: Redguard
9: Nord

I'd put redguard at 4, yokudan shit is cray

You know what surprises me ? How much content is in Skyrim - I'm still replying the game with new characters and just going in a different direction ignoring the main quest and still finding some new cave or dungeon with it's own subplot.

Any mod that adds a helmet that looks kind of like this? I need it for reasons.

Bobs Armory might be a good place to look

Yeah, there are a ton of mountains to climb.

what kind of a femlet is this chick

She's not a femlet, that guy is just huge.

a short one

how does she even fuck the dude. looks like he'd impale her upon penetration

I read hentai with chicks getting fucked by a dragon.
She will be fine.

That mod has a lot of very outlandish stuff. I don't suppose there's a way to rip one particular object from it and shove it into the game by itself?

Mistel pls

with considerable skill and prep time

you can with tes5edit, but it'd more be a waste of time since theres quite a bit in there worth experimenting with

>same dungeons and enemies that are slightly rearranged
>content

True Daughters of Skyrim

Dude I saw your many many posts in the last thread and I think it's clear that you're not following a proper guide.
Read this: pastebin.com/75fzM5te

Which is why people are directed to until that section gets fixed

What sort of character should I make for this morrowind playthrough?
I'm thinking medium/heavy armor sword and board, gonna join the fighter's guild and the legion and redoran.
Should I be an orc or an imperial

Orcs are OP in morrowind

This guide is so shit though.

Open Cities Reborn?
OOO
Telling people to not use MO for esp/esm-less mods?

>Open Cities Reborn
Alternatives are shown if you actually read it. It's just a preference.

>OOO
What manner of memery is this? OOO is an essential mod, playing without it is akin to playing vanilla.

>Telling people to not use MO for esp/esm-less mods
The guide is mainly for modding beginners, having an extra program like MO to worry about when they already have to deal with WB and OBMM can be pretty daunting. Everything is in the proper install order as well to ensure no conflicts so it's just streamlining.

If those three minor complaints are all that warrant the guide being bad in your eyes, I think I've done pretty well. You also clearly know what you're talking about so you aren't exactly the target demographic, but thanks for the feedback.

The guide doesn't actually go into detail about how to install the alternatives, so that's worthless to the beginners reading it.

OOO is the skyre of oblivion, full of compatibility issues whose features are better replicated in a modular way.

>having an extra program like MO to worry about when they already have to deal with WB and OBMM can be pretty daunting. Everything is in the proper install order as well to ensure no conflicts so it's just streamlining.

So give them proper install install instructions for it, so they can learn.

Thieves and Mages are both incredibly fun in Morrowind imo. You can do some absolutely awesome shit in Morrowind with Magic that you can't do in Oblivion or Skyrim. You feel so much more powerful.

I find Archery to be pretty awesome in Morrowind, which is why I like being a thief, and honestly having that extra speed early on is pretty nice.

Sword and Board is perfectly fine though, I'm one of the few people on earth who think Morrowind's combat is the best of the series so I quite like Sword and Board. I'd recommend Orc over Imperial.

Oh, and this is just a minor thing, there are several instructions that don't correlate with the current version of a mod, telling the user to install files that aren't there anymore due to updates, or don't have a link in the website pastebin. I think this usually happens when the instructions reference a patch.

Open Cities Classic/Better Cities are mentioned in the same step. If they can't figure out the alternatives and then get the corresponding patches then it's safe to assume no amount of hand-holding in the guide will help them, which is why I'm stricter on just making them follow what works.

I call bull. If you install OOO right it works perfectly fine, I'd argue that city mods/unique landscapes is harder to install. I've been modding for years and I don't even know of any other mods "whose features are better replicated in a modular way".

To be fair I did tack on the point about MO half-assedly, I'm currently working on something else and haven't had time to edit the guide. But you see why I'm hesitant as mentioned in my other post, I don't like providing alternatives lest newbies get too confused.

Where is her fucking ribcage?

>I think this usually happens when the instructions reference a patch.
Ah, now that I can understand. I thought it was safe to assume that the patches were in the optional files section for each mod's download page. I can add specific notes when I get around to it.

No they aren't, Berserk is fucking worthless in it.

I was mainly talking about their starting stats and 25% magic resist. Female orcs in particular make great battlemages.

Is Morrowind worth playing after all these years?

Always.

Orcs don't get any magic resist as all in Morrowind. You must be using a plugin.

Are there any essential mods?

Scuse me?
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Orc

It's the only TES game worth playing more than once besides daggerfall.

right there

Man what, that can't be right, I've no recollection of that whatsoever. Was it added in a patch?

POST YOUR

CHARACTERS

BACKGROUND STORY

It is right, and it's vanilla.

So just finished part 3 of vigilant and I'm a little confused on something
If I decide to sacrifice myself do I get any of my old items back? what is even the point in burning myself if I just end up in the same world anyways?

Where?

pastebin.com/5UPz70KF

Have you been adventuring with your new goblin waifu today user?

But none of mine have one!

Anyone else have Schizophrenia immediately come to mind upon seeing all these characters? Without backstories, even. Makes me think that this autist just makes a new character every time he gets bored and doesn't even play the game. Sad.