Beginner pavement princesses
>a2bikes.co.uk/

Check your helmet's safety rating here:
>crash.org.au/

webms with sound:
Previous thread:

1st for mv

Nth for tubing

I kinda want a street-legal 2smoke. Already got too many things in my garage and driveway though. Only thing that's actually """"nice"""" though is my NC MX-5.

street legal 2 smoke is retarded, they only exist as race bikes these days and something that needs a new piston and rings every 50-100 hours and a full engine rebuild on every 3rd piston is not exactly ideal for the street.

Yes it's a stupid idea, but it'd still be fun!

Nice training wheels.

whogayhere?

Nobody rebuilds anything unless they're race bikes.

Have road registered 300exc and can say that it’s absolute garbage to ride on the road.
Pretty sure the only reason it’s registered is to be able to scoot down the road from trail to trail without the police fining you for doing so. That and it can pull some mean whoolies on the road.

yeah because waiting for shit to break and throwing a connecting rod through your engine cases is probably a cheaper fix.

maybe people who don't spend their own money on things don't rebuild things.

post 300exc

>>>/ripthread/

Had all my dirtbikes for years, haven't rebuilt shit, they're fine. Rebuilding is a meme unless race bike.

Excuse all the shit on the ground been cleaning out garage making more room for the r1 to sit

mind blowing how much an extra 250cc could make, coming from a gsxr750.. Merry Christmas everyone

>street legal 2 smoke is retarded, they only exist as race bikes these days

I have two street legal 2 strokes :)

They're fun. Brap all day. I really want a cr/kx500 sumo.

aye haven't seen you for a while mate thought you died
>messy garage
i know the feeling, i can't even get my car in mine at the moment and it fits 4 cars..

Tail tidy when fellow aus bro?

R1 hasn’t claimed my life yet. Garage is only one car so there’s shit everywhere.

Waiting for tax time to build shed in order to tear down and fully rebuild the 300 as there is no service history for the thing and it’s done 8000km.
Pretty excited desu love rebuilding two strokes.

Looking at being proper scum and getting a flip up/hidden pl8. What does dbt recommend?

pretty straight forward job, just the gearbox that is a bit of a fuck around, last time i had to crack the cases 3 times because i kept putting the washers back in the wrong places on mine..

stop being a bitch, you either ride with a plate or with no plate there is not an inbetween, that just gets you fined because your bitch arse will be like "they probably already got a look at my plate i better pull over"

I’ve got the manual so hopefully I can avoid splitting it more than once. It’ll be the first time for me doing a bottom end rebuild so I’ll be taking it slow just to make sure I don’t fuck it up.

I just need the space to spread everything out so I don’t lose or misplace anything

so did i lol, it's because i managed to have the gears and all the washers fall off the shafts and some of the washers are nearly identical but swapping them causes all sorts of problems like being in 2nd and 3rd gear at the same time

My goal is to have my little 300cc engine to be a clean as yours in that picture.
Right now its covered in black sludge because KTM didnt want to use exhaust gaskets when putting on this FMF exhaust years ago.

Does your electric start still work?
i did the delete on mine

lol it never worked. Always had mud and dirt inside of it rendering it useless. I would pull it off and completely clean it only for it to be full of mud and shit again the following ride.

Wonder if I can put the fucked starter on my insurance as an anti-theft device for cheaper premiums?

kek do what i did, just put a 250sx side cover on and fuck it off.
not like they are hard bikes to start anyway.

Might do that since it's doing fuck all apart from sitting there.
Mate of mine had a YZF426 and once we learnt how to kick start that bad boy everything since has been a piece of cake. Unless you have the ignition button turned off like I routinely do on this KTM.

Remember standing there kicking for what seemed like forever outside the local Westfield shopping centre only to realise the button was on OFF instead of ON.

Boipucci?

I want to get one just to avoid speed cameras

There is if you park it.

why do the headlights look so stupid aaaaa

What's the opinion on short levers?
I might try some but idk the pros and cons.

turbo busa

>Currently on a CBR250r
>Already itching for a new bike
>Don't want a full-retard supersport
Is the CBR650f any good? I'm getting mixed signals on it

what's wrong with actual supersports user?

I've got a pretty short commute to work that's covered in campus cops, and I don't ever have to hop on the highway so I couldn't wring out a supersport the way I would want to.

Ok I don't really feel the difference though

get the sv650 or the fz-07 instead, unless you really want to 650f

Thanks. I've had my eye out for a used second-gen SV650, I wonder if it's worth going for a new one though next year.

Z750 or fz07 for most fun most comfy bikes

How long have you had the 250?

It's budget crap built to a price point. Like your CBR250r, but heavier and faster.

Don't buy a new bike until you've been riding for 3 years anyways. You're statistically likely to crash, then not crash, then crash again when you think you're gud.

The extra zero on a supersport's price tag mostly comes from the suspension, which is fully adjustable entry-level race gear. If you ride even moderately hard, like on really twisty roads where the speed limit is more than enough for that one good corner, you'll learn the difference.

And you know, there's always track days and agility contests.

Three months now. It'll be a few more before I actually get the money for a new bike, but I always get the n+1 itch when I have to go more than a weekend without riding

>Don't buy a new bike until you've been riding for 3 years anyways.
I've read about that. I'd love to get a used hornet but the 600s are rarer than shit where I am in the US and when they do pop up they're more expensive than the 919s

You never had to start on a 250 anyways. You might want to sell it at a profit and get something cheaper and faster while it's still clean.

You haven't had it long enough to handle a new bike.

Three months in and I was only just discovering the joys of cornering, let alone thinking about a new bike.

who is this semen demon

I'm gonna try to sell it at a profit, I've also got some savings put back and a couple of guns that need selling.

I went for a 250 because I wasn't sure if I actually wanted to commute on a motorcycle.

The first time I tried to push it while cornering I scraped my boot. I figured it was because of my shit body positioning but I haven't felt like pushing it in corners.

I'd buy a new set of fairings for the 250 to trick myself but I might as well sell and buy something bigger for what they cost

There's no reason to pay more than an FZ6 costs to get a worse bike

If you want more options, you have to be willing to travel. The perfect bike might be waiting for you in the next state.

actually the regular 98 HP FZ6 is a great starter bike. yamaha designed them so they would be hard to wheelie. easy to stoppie though, so the brakes are spongy forgiving shit.

You have shitty foot positioning, it's not hard to scrape your foot if it's not on the peg properly.

Keep the 250 a bit longer, learn more from it instead of just turfing it because it's slow.

I've been poking around craigslist in the tristate area, haven't seen shit

I rest my boot on the peg with my heel against the back of it, but they stick way the hell out like that. Should I be putting the balls of my feet on the pegs?

If you drop it, it's not going to be worth shit when you sell it. Sell it now and get a slightly uglier, cheaper, slightly faster, but not cop bait bike like a GS500.

>Should I be putting the balls of my feet on the pegs?
Duh

It's not what you think it is user

Check PA, check washington. If you find your baiku, it will be worth it.

Man riding is awesome. Why didn't you guys tell me to do this sooner?
It makes just going down the street fun as fuck. I still suck skill level wise but it's cool to see yourself improve everytime. Sorry for blog post and merry christmas.

You're merely in the early parts of the addiction it gets worse

there's literally nothing gay about having sex with a cute boy

Oh man I bet. I've already got some parts I'd like to put on her, relube and clean(these might have to wait because it's so cold out right now). I just want to ride 24/7. I let a friend ride around a parking lot and he seems pretty sold on getting one soon too.

>TFW my cousin's just about talked himself into getting one because his wife rides
>He wants to finance a fucking Harley for his first bike
Maybe he'll get a Rebel 500 instead, they make about the same damn horsepower

All my friends got/are getting bikes because of me, you'll find yourself wanting to do random ass cross state/country rides and for me atleast I can't stop working on my bike and tinkering with it

>hurt back 3 months ago
>every now and then I move it just right and I fall to the floor in pain
>can't ride bike because I fear It will happen while riding
>going to need surgery which will make me wait even longer till I can ride

kill me dbt

here we go

Hopefully he doesn't do that and finance his first brand new bike..
I've been trying to steer my buddies into used cbr/f 500, bolt, rebel, sv650.

Man it's funny because my friend is pretty risk averse but I showed him how to powerwalk it and use the clutch to basically scoot around. He came back around the parking lot and was 100% sold. It's just so damn fun.

Also not sure if my hands are just small or I'm retarded. When coming to a red light/intersect and signaling to turn I cant both hold the clutch in and reach reach the turn signal indicator so I just flick it as I'm still rolling up to the light/sign. Is this how most bikes are?

For one that's the right way to do it. Indicate before the turn...

Are you pulling in the clutch with the tips of your fingers?

reeeeeee these posts are so painful to read as a nobike.

Right, I figured that was the correct way to do it just curious if I'm already at stop and need to signal.
Mostly the whole hand if that makes sense? I might put shorties on soon and see how those are.

Change your life for the better.

>just do it

>Already at a stop and need to signal
If you're having trouble with it and you've got the lever pulled fully in but there's still a good gap between it and the handlebar you can adjust it a little. Other than that, just go to neutral, let out, flick the switch, then clutch in and go back to 1st.

Just watch your goddamn mirrors either way. A friend of mine's sister was killed in October by a drunk driver hitting the back of her motorcycle. At 2 in the afternoon.

I'm back

vry slo speed

merry christmas have a boring webm

Who says you need surgery, the surgeon? They always wanna operate.

That's how you're supposed to do it. It's always awkward to signal with the clutch in.

It's new england and I'm wearing the same gear I wear in the summer
shitty webms to come

go away

no

Boy implies underage to me and legally speaking there is something wrong with that.

recommend me a cheap reliable dirtbike for learning how to ride?

CR500

>taking bike up and down stars at the park for lols
>on way home it's a bit stiff on shifting
>gets worse as I get closer to home
>still has a full tank of oil, but it looks a little dirty
>just cleaned and lubed chain did oil change, filter change, air filter change, spark plugs, and ran sea foam through it in the last 500 miles
>now I'm noticing when I ease the clutch out slightly there's like a whine or whistle that matches the engine RPMs that doesn't sound natural
>does this when the clutch is fully out and there is no throttle as well, in first gear

Eh, only worth getting as a newbie if you get the proper cans and jetted for avgas.

16 is a boy and that's entirely legal where I live

TTR230

I see. I would get gang raped to death for it where I live.

Corruption of a minor still exists even if the age of consent is low, if burger

Would it be suitable for motocross as well?

Not competitively cause it's a slow, but you could still ride it on a track.

YZ125

i just want to learn how to ride dirt and get some basic mx skills. I don't need the motorcycle to be road legal or anything, but it will need to withstad the rigors of falling, being ridden in the snow and my fatass.
I'm also 6'2 if that matters.

YZ125
I went places on one at the age of 11 that left old men on their 500s dumbfounded

>sea foam
stop that
>full tank of oil
2-smoke or 4-stronk? And what oil?

>age 11

see that's what worries me about a lot of starter bikes is that they won't be able to accomodate a grown man

Grown men ride on smaller things but a 125 might be a little slow

Bad thing for road biking, actually a good thing for dirtbiking