/ovg/ - Unfinished Business edition

dead before the thread even starts revision

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce you are self!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing rFactor, GTA 4, Forza and AC on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

racedepartment.com/threads/project-rex-a-tuned-gd-series-impreza-for-ac.144555/
youtube.com/watch?v=AjsS5tHl4DA
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1514310262264.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what simracing game other than forza is good with an xboner controller?

dirt rally

gran turismo 6

>only if you want multiplayer
>game is all about multiplayer

like i said, the actual racing is solid, and it answers his question. ps+ is only required for online racing, everything else can be accessed without it.

Name a better game

Threadly Rallyfactor event reminder

stop asking impossible questions.

>have no wheel
>only want project cars for the california highway map

i-is it worth it?

GG good racing, very fun.

How do people find animu liveries in Forza Horizon 3? It's missing the filter feature from Forza 6 where you can sort by best designs, it organizes everything by date so you have to dig through a pile of trash to find what you want.

>Brick Rigs is on sale
>So is other games
>Can't decide between either buying myself Brick Rigs
>Or using the money to buy other people games instead as a Christmas gift
FUCK

'Tis the season of giving.

>tfw no shingo twingo to reenact your favorite initial d scenes but you're trying anyway

>tfw still only one jap pack
>no subarus, no mitsubishis, no hondas, no suzukis
>instead of that, ferrari pack #36346 and twenty porsche packs
where are multiple jap packs, why is kunos so bad at making money

Why is this godly machine not featured in more games? It's not even in GT5/6 even though it was featured in both GT4 and GTPSP, they forgot to port it over.

Does it still have a description search? try typing down stuff in there

As much as I hate DLC, I would pay for a quality Evo, Type Rs and whatnot.
all the mods for this game are ass

i bet they're afraid of having to write code so vtec can kick in properly, or for evo 4wd system. lazy fuckers

could you image coding a proper misfiring system? that would be an utter nightmare

>Subaru Impreza STI 22B 1998 (WIP)
not soon
>Project Rex - a tuned GD-series Impreza for AC
soon, and is the personal car of a physics modding wizard
racedepartment.com/threads/project-rex-a-tuned-gd-series-impreza-for-ac.144555/

Yes but it's very limited and doesn't catch everything it should.

No. That map is awful.

Which was the motocross game that didn't suck

GTA V

MXGP, but it still sucks, the AI are god awful and there aren't many tracks.

F1 2017, DiRT Rally, apparently PCars2
just get whole liveries instead of vinyl groups, tag search for Cartoon

Friendly reminder, I still need car setup advise to make stratos competitive in snowy conditions

Here is a vid with the default setup (only difference is shorter gears)
youtube.com/watch?v=AjsS5tHl4DA

Fug. I live with the reality that road motorcycle games are always going to suck dicks inherently but it seems like it should be possible to not fuck this up.

How do we fix /ovg/?

Make racing games actually good. It would help if the place wasn't full of actual idiots who have Xbones and not PS4s also I guess.

my poobaru is having a slight boost issue.

what makes you think people have xboner's more than pos4's? seems the opposite around here

Toe in on the rear, and possibly the front as well, should make it less wobbly on the straights.

Play Whiplash.

>2017
>japs take 10 years and have to form multiple partnerships to release ONE (1) new sports car
i thought they were good at making those sort of cars
what the fuck happened

Gotta spread those costs for the car that no one will buy because only old Japanese dudes and weeb neets that can't afford to buy them give a shit about them

>got Horizon 3 this morning for Christmas
>played for maybe 7-10 hours
>decide to do some rivals before getting off
>do 5 laps
>place in the .001% percent of players, around top 600
The absolute state of the casul pleb Horizon community, I actually have to work for even top 5% lap times in Motorsport.

no one plays rivals in horizon, just getting a non dirty lap time puts you easily in the top 25%

So I got this for christmas, and I gotta say, this is the best rendition of CoD with cars I've seen so far.
>small map list
>many, many metafags
>good matchmaking
>bad livery editor
>clearly not made to be played with a pad
>really easy to pick up despite that
>lots of challenges to grind for little reward
>most people I've met online are shit
>anecdotal single player mode
>looks pretty damn good
>really good matchmaking, really quick
Good shit if I do say so myself

join ovgn400

What did you get in the boxing day sales?

What's the consensus on Dirt 4?
Worth 22 eurobucks?

post rally webms

What's the best /ovg/ with lots of JDM shittery/drifting that can be run on a 7 year old PC?

Okay I will try that out. How should I approach the tuning? For instance how do I know I went to far into to in on the rear or front. Is small incremental increase and test best, or should I just put a max and tune down until it's negatives are no longer noticeable?

I found its ok bit i personally wouldn't recommend it if you have rally
I bought it at the same time as f1 2017 and I've played it once because f1 is just a better game
The extra grip really isnt that great and rally just feels like a better game handling wise

that game would be good if they didnt spend all their time making the cockpits photorealistic

>rev counter upside down
For what purpose

does it have Lego Technic pieces

>Mayuyu is graduating from AKB48
>tfw never got a M.Watanabe AI opponent in GT5/GT6
>tfw might get one in GT Sport but it's too late

t./akbg/

Oven gloves?

Who here plays Horizon 3?
Was on Online Adventure for a while last night. Shit's fun as fuck.
Should I feel bad if I need to run traction and stability control to keep my cars from sliding out? I'm probably just hamfisting the throttle too much as a do great in single player but I just couldn't keep up in MP no collision, and my cars are similarly classed. I was a few points behind everyone but only by a bit. And we were doing S1 and S2 so it's not like I had totally misproportioned upgrades.

What should I do to get faster? Is there a certain car or combo or type of upgrade I should focus on first?

For reference my car I played most with was an S1 supercharged Prowler RWD.

AWD v12 with shit tyres is the winning combo always unfortunately
Take the aids off m8. Game is too easy to behave like a shitter

God damnit. Really? Where's the fun in that? I thought the point was to drift as little as possible.
I should be running WORSE tires? Like what, rally spec? Stock tires? Skinny as hell?
I mean I can play with no aids but I just can't beat the AWD guys in turns when running only RWD. They just grab too well.

It's weird because I actually used my V12 TT Rally Fighter set up for off road stuff on an on-road race and it did good as hell. Only time I got first place I think.

Yet last night I was in my Murcielago SV fully upgraded and couldn't keep up with guys in similarly classed cars.

not exactly rally but i.4cdn.org/wsg/1514310262264.webm

We will never have a physics based Technic based game similar to how Garry's Mod is made.

sticky tires cost too much PI, you're better off converting everything to AWD

Redline closer to the top.

Holy shit
That's amazing

It's really useless in that situation but sometimes you'll see it in things like stock cars depending on the driver.

thank you anons

What about cars that I simply cannot ever exceed S2?
Like the Murcielago SV I was referencing. There is no combo of parts that will ever get it to X. But damn close. It has top tier tires, good v12 (though factory, cant swap it) awd, and all other upgrades and aero, still cant hit X, and I still get in the back of the pack to Pagani, Porsche, Ferrari, etc.

Do I just suck?

I used to be in the top 10 in the world for that speed trap right outside the first event thing, the one by the beach. Think I set it with the Bugatti EB.

this is why i hate forza, every car has a meta swap when in reality almost no cars have this, it's fucking retarded

Don't race in X class lobbies if you can't reach X class with your car. I tend to just upgrade cars until they reach the top of a class and use them at that level.

I will say it's a bit annoying. Oh look another AWD V12 1014hp car.

Thats why I like the lower performance classes. It's harder to get just the right setup.
I don't, that's what I'm saying, I race it at S2. I've never done an X lobby only single player. I can't keep up with S2 cars in an S2 car.

I must just suck, I dont have that many hours, and I dont have top tier performance in a car. Maybe I should invest in a lighter car like an XBow or BAC Mono then build that up.

That's really just the horizon flavor of broken PI. IIRC, in older Forzas, AWD was such a PI penalty you wouldn't touch it.

>IIRC, in older Forzas, AWD was such a PI penalty you wouldn't touch it.
Umm, user, in Forza 3 every car had to be AWD because for some retarded reason RWD added like 70 PI despite being slower.

Grab one of the cars that kick your ass, load the most popular community tune and race it. If you still can't keep up, the AI difficulty is too high for you.

Then my memory sucks

I do fine in Single Player, the AI I can do no assists up to Pro pretty easily, Unbeatable I can do but they make me pissed due to restarts so I purposely tone it back for fun.
I just get my ass whooped in multiplayer. I'll try that but I hate just copying what works, I wish I could find my own winning combo. Oh well...

So, you don't want to load a community tune but go around asking people to tell you what tune to use?
If you really don't want to check what the successful tuners are doing just keep experimenting. Throw shit until it sticks.

If you tune the awd right it makes up for the tyres and you get ridiculous launch/accel
Fully upgraded/s2 murcielago is not competitive. If you get the turbo on it in s1 its god tier

in h3 if you want to be competitive in S2 multiplayer you get a 1000+hp AWD V12 hypercar, if you want to drive anything else don't do s2

You don't suck. AWD v12 is just that broken that unless you are top tier even a shitter can neat you if they know which aide of the controller LT is on

>he thinks he can beat an awd torrana in b class
>he thinks he can beat an a class awd dart
>he thinks he can beat an awd viper swapped chally in s1
AWD is broken

I'm more trying to get a sanity check. Is there any other way than just fucking maxing everything on a few golden boy cars?
And it sounds like maybe yes, there is a broken combo and it's not just me. I know I'm not the most skilled player out there but I've been playing racing games since 2000 so this isn't my first rodeo.

[mooney suzuki plays in the foreground]

what game

pcars2 in vr

i can never get used to driving with arms switched on
it gets confusing when the dude's arms are doing something different to what my arms are doing irl

What's the best game for shitbox racing if I don't have a wheel? FH3?

forgot my webm

I used to disable the driver and wheel entirely before vr

I would say my hands match the vr driver's hand position 90% of the time so I keep it on for muh immersion

tokyo xtreme racer

>play Dirt Rally
>either go slower than opponents or just get them by a fraction of a second
>disable stopwatch
>mfw suddenly even up to 20 seconds faster
can someone explain this to me

you're focusing too hard on how you're doing, ignore that and just go hard

>I played the new Need for Speed[TM] which tried to be Underground, but failed.
Yeah, NFS '15 looked pretty but that was it. The customization was -almost-m there, but it was obvious the devteam weren't given enough time to fully make it. Seems like Payback is where tyhey got to finish it up.

>Story doesn't really make sense, also why is there story in a racing game damnit just let me runa way from police.
Yeah I dunn think any of the stories from any of the NFS games made sense at all.
But it's basically Fast n Furious (a huge action franchise that has frequent insanely impossible sequences occur) meets NFS. And for what they managed, it's pretty close to a decent blend of the two franchises.

>On the topic of police, it's pathetic in that game.
Yeah, Most Wanted def did it best, mostly cuz a good chunk of the progression requirements forced you to engage with them. Like, if the story had introduced their own not-Dwayne Johnson into the mix, it coulda been great.

>if you like gran turismo for its high car and track count, absolutely not. it's actually an amazing racer both offline and online though.
Yeah, I don't ind the low track/car count. I was holding off of it cuz I realized it barely had any street cars, and it didn't seem a lot of customization, beyond the new livery editor (btw how decent is it?).
I also wasn't too interested in the street cars that were available. But I saw that they're adding the two Skylines, so now I'm intrigued.

The Forza Horizon 3 demo is crashing at the "don't do this in real life" screen, what do?

play rFactor instead

muh master server

>I also wasn't too interested in the street cars that were available. But I saw that they're adding the two Skylines, so now I'm intrigued.
it's going to be a very long time, probably not until gran turismo 7 until they have like more than 15 japanese street cars from before 2007

The Forza Horizon 3 demo keeps freezing, is this a problem with the demo or my PC or what?

Play Project CARS 2 instead

What's the most boring track in sim racing and why is it still Nurburgring?

Just bought Assetto Corsa
What am I in for?

a snoozefest

inb4 pre-tilke Hockenheim

Disappointment and regret