Moving to japan

I'll be moving to japan soon making around 50-55k USD a year and will be buying a meme machine. Which one should I get? some realistic options are
AE 86 (not pristine but thats okay)
R32 GTST (dont care about the rice tax on the GTR)
RX7 FC (doubt I will have the time or space to maintain the dorito)

thoughts and if anyone is currently living in japan I'd love to hear what the buying market on these and other 90s meme machines are like

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/1990-toyota-mark-ii/6409849729.html
dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1989-nissan-240sx-se-coupe/6427338104.html
youtube.com/channel/UCnBpe3jp67HcZ3W6n9AcbWA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just buy a clean ass silva

second gen soarer

I really never even considered those to be honest because you see so many of them in america still.

even sr20 swaps are really common.

that is really good looking, it's too bad they came with scary rotors

I know there is an user who lives in japan and drifts a beer can r32 and posts here

>Ae86
>R32 GTST
>FC Rx7

while those are all great cars, you should do more research as there are way cooler cars than those three. Toyota Mark II's that are 25 years old are legal to import back to the states (assuming you're from here) and are cool as fuck.

example: seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/1990-toyota-mark-ii/6409849729.html

>I really never even considered those to be honest because you see so many of them in america still.

>Silvia
>Common in America

even with how it is now legal to import silvias over 25 years old, they aren't common. and if you are referring to a 240sx coupe with a silvia front end and a SR20 swap, thats not a Silvia, its a 240sx with a Silvia front and SR20 swap. Legitimate Silvia's which only came in Japan are still pretty rare in the states.

how'd you get your foot in the door

user?
Its fucking NoriYaro , Alexi

e92 m3 :)

that user is just trolling pay no attention to him

Nori posts on Veeky Forums???

bullshit

>falling for the b8
>or just samefagging hard

>thinking alexi has anytime to post on Veeky Forums with his busy ass schedule

fucking idiots

the 240sx coupe in america is the s14 with a shitty motor

you are right though I never see 13s or 15s

there is a dude thats in the military on Veeky Forums that has an r32 in japan tho

What military stooge willing to die for trump doesn't own a 32 in japan. Its basically a staple.

Would japs think USDM spec Japanese cars are cool? I could just bring over my FRS and drive that there.

I know that some Japs import the LHD Datsuns from the west coast since they're some of the only rust free originals left on the planet.

yeah his trip is SCBRO and owns this Black R32 GT-R and has a beater GTST he keeps at ebisu.

the Beer Can R32 is Alexi from noriyaro, which is not SCBRO.

pic related on the righ belongs to SCBRO who now lives in the states and brought the GT-R with him

>for trump
you meant Israel, faggot

>the 240sx coupe in america is the s14 with a shitty motor

Yeah no shit thats a coupe but then what the fuck is this?

dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1989-nissan-240sx-se-coupe/6427338104.html

its literally a 240sx coupe as well

Japs think all LHD cars are cool. My friend's mom is Japanese and she imported her W210 Mercedes bought in Japan to Europe and it is LHD. Also that said friend's dad's 850i Bimmer imported from Japan is also LHD.

There isn't really rice tax on R32 GT-Rs in Japan, I bought a 92 back in 2012 or 2011 for about $8k and then sold it for $6k a couple years later.

>I'll be moving to japan soon making around 50-55k USD a year

Well, color me jealous.

>Different = cool
I see people fawning over RHD jap cars in the US.

It's just part of the faux prestige bullcrap.

Yes, but Japs actually think that LHD is cool. In the US and else in West boy races think RHD is cool, not all people like in Japan.

jesus christ so fucking sexy

1994 on later was the second generation 240sx in america or the S14 in japan

It was the S14 in America too....

I've seen alexi videos where the japs have entire car shows full of westaboo LHD shit and even jap cars like hondas that are LHD imported from the states

shits strange as fuck

because it is cool seeing domestic hero cars imported from half the planet away. I almost bought an elise but RHD put me off it since the visibility drawbacks pretty much makes the car useless

what I meant was the badging is different 180sx vs the Silvia line in japan vs just the 240sx in America

you're a moron

>Beamer*

I have an R33 GTST and have driven a really clean R32 GTST, you will love it.

Unlike cars like the FC or MK3 Supras you feel fucking glued to the road in them, it's beautiful. Nice thing is, even before the turbo kicks in it's still a I6 engine so you don't really feel any real lag, at least on stock machines.

Hipsters gotta hipster.
Anyway OP if you're going to be working in Tokyo or something, just live as close to work as you can afford to and take the train or ride a bike. Then you can use your car money in soapland or whatever. If you're in bumfuck and need a car, understand the shaken bullshit before going for anything used, as it can get expensive to get a car thru that process. It's one of the things that makes the used car market there soft, while keeping sales of tin can kei shitshows going.

Can you Fed Ex me an Apexi Sprinter Trueno?

I wish I still had that shitbox. This is the last picture I ever saw of it. AFAIK it’s been parted out. I sold it to Robbie Nishida in January a week before I left. I had the chance to buy it back for $1500 but
>adult responsibilities

Are you going there under SOFA status? Or just a random Gaijin moving out there for work? If the latter, road taxes and Shaken rates will fuck you up every year, as SOFA guys pay roughly half. Any meme car you can think of that is near 25 years old is already in the sights of American importers, and their prices will reflect that. If I were you I’d rule out all of those and (if you can swing it) go for a 34 GTT or X100 Toyota or S15

No, thank god Noriyaro doesen't come here or he would stop giving weebs like me more placebo

tfw i saw one in shinjuku

If you're going to live in tokyo, you ain't getting shit.

If not, get a motorcycle.

poor little car

Like this one?

Don’t remind me. I loved that car

doesn't look like it.

buy the qt'est car you can find, dye your hair blond and slay all the pussy.

It wasn’t pretty. Tbh it was destined for scrap anyway from being rusty. So I took it and drove the fucking balls off it and it never broke down on me. I really expected to either blow something up during the matsuri or total it. But it was a fucking trooper and let me experience Nikki circuit as well. 10/10 car

What job are you gonna be working op?

I lived in japan for 6 years in kanagawa.

unless you live out in the mountains or north of the kanto region. then there is little reason to own a car in japan. you have to own a parking spot before you can register a car. JCI is a regular pain in the ass. traffic is awful. gasoline cost $7 USD a gallon. free parking is almost nonexistent. all the expressways are toll roads and just going from Sagamihara to Narita cost $60 in tolls.

any car that isn't a 500 plate or a kei is even more expensive in taxes, tolls, fees, insurance, etc.

if you really need a car. You get a 4 door kei van. Otherwise I would just get a 250cc motorcycle. Which occupies a nice sweet spot. not big enough for inspections. yet not too small to be kept off expressways.

i had a 91 skyline gts-t sedan, a 88 nissan pathfinder 2 door v6 4x4, and a 96 subaru legacy wagon GT. i rarely drove those cars to a place off base. though I later got a suzuki st250 e type and rode that out in the mountains and around the cities all the time.

you can lane split/traffic filter in japan. so a motorcycle gets places in less than half the time a car takes.

On 50K a year you ain't going to be able to afford to drive a goddamn thing in Japan unless you live out in the sticks.

Fuck of subhuman we are full.I bet you are some sort of Anglocuck

You'll get raped by taxes

>picture of him enjoying his car
>you saying he doesn't look like he's a enjoying it.

bet you're the type of cuck who enjoys to polish and wax his car and just look at it. faggot

Yナンバー

In all seriousness though, if I bought a R32 and imported it to the states I would throw it in a garage and never drive it out of fear someone would damage it.

The person selling that Mark II has a youtube channel
youtube.com/channel/UCnBpe3jp67HcZ3W6n9AcbWA