/hg/ - Halo General

Press F for Serina Edition

>The Halo Wars 2 "Operation Spearbreaker" and Serina DLC packs are available now for $5.99 seperately, $9.99 as a package, or at no charge for season pass owners
- Operation Spearbreaker is a 2-mission mini campaign where players take command of an elite ODST squadron to stop a Banished plot
- Serina is a new leader available for multiplayer with her own unique unique units, leader powers, and blitz cards
- Both DLC packs come with their own obtainable achievements

>Latest Halo Community Update:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/hot-drops-flag-caps

>Important Halo Links and Notes (under reconstruction)
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Spartan Company:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com
xboxclips.com

>>>news

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BZxqrylX4nk
youtu.be/x47NYUbtYb0
youtu.be/4IRdw_Qgwqc
youtu.be/b2XuYND9heI
youtu.be/-vcuz8GIOE0
youtu.be/0-Ehsx5-dq0
youtu.be/G6UydqWS01g
youtu.be/S99ewccvUzQ
youtu.be/ulPgWVC08KI
youtu.be/d8ekz_CSBVg
youtu.be/8yoZuLQizoM
youtu.be/vgKzKCEf2Q0
youtu.be/5QmvEbphF8c
youtu.be/YIp0UknXmvQ
youtu.be/U06jlgpMtQs
youtube.com/watch?v=hfJ9QLlYIXU
youtube.com/watch?v=uwrDmZ9ySQ0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What happened?

Don't know, the last post was only half an hour old when the thread died

There's site maintenance going on today so that might have something to do with it

Should I even count the last thread?
It only got 43 posts.

Don't bother. If we counted every thread that was stillborn and only lasted like 50 or less posts, we would be at like 450 right now.

>The Halo: Combat Evolved fan remaster "SPV3" campaign is set to launch for free August 19th.
>[YouTube] SPV3 for Halo CE Release Trailer (1080p 60 FPS)
OP, how did you manage to fuck this up?
Also, squadren is still misspelled.

Itt prtend sigmun&frinds

Cute!

I forgot to replace that text with the youtube link
youtube.com/watch?v=BZxqrylX4nk

>Also, squadren is still misspelled.
but that's wrong

Slut. bet she only plays Halo using frag grenades.

Shit like this is probably why the last thread was archived, but I guess it's still better than literal shitposting

Sorry I meant squaedron

>can't sleep because Backup keeps screaming "DO YOUR PART" acrpss the city loudspeaker
Such is life in the /hg/ city

Count it. We will get Achilles by the time we reach 400. Also you'll run out of maps sooner which is good

Shatap

Rev up those theme songs

>Rev up those theme songs
Give me 10 minutes

WHERE ARE YOU

WE'RE DYING

Hi /hg/ came in here to say that i'm glad I sold my Xbone after the MCC. Fuck all of you and fuck 343.

Post GT

halo 5 looks so shit

OFFICIAL /hg/ user THEMES

>Adjacent Bias
youtu.be/x47NYUbtYb0

>I A MC LOVIN 177
youtu.be/4IRdw_Qgwqc

>LovelyColt79619
youtu.be/b2XuYND9heI

>Punished Dog
youtu.be/-vcuz8GIOE0

>Sigmund82
youtu.be/0-Ehsx5-dq0

>ChaosDroid 2
youtu.be/G6UydqWS01g

>Magic Muffin x
youtu.be/S99ewccvUzQ

>THE ONE BIG RED
youtu.be/ulPgWVC08KI

>MTN DEW VOL7AGE
youtu.be/d8ekz_CSBVg

>Hotrod3193
youtu.be/8yoZuLQizoM

>Dragoneye VIII
youtu.be/vgKzKCEf2Q0

>xBackup Beastx
youtu.be/5QmvEbphF8c

>Lemmingscanfly
youtu.be/YIp0UknXmvQ

>Rathalisk
[autistic screeching]

>Dead Wood Swamp
youtu.be/U06jlgpMtQs

Good, she's getting her grenade kills and contributing to the company commendation!

I kekd pretty hard at this one

>no Kai
Really gets the neurons firing

>when you don't get an /hg/ theme

>when you do

She's not getting any kills. She's just throwing grenades.

Muffin's is not negative enough. It's not making fun of him like all the others are.
Besides that, well done

>tfw

At least we're not Anthony Burch...

>Sigmund82
>youtu.be/0-Ehsx5-dq0

>when you've played with someone on many occasions and they still don't know who you are

Who?

Just like that, exactly.

A, A, B, S, C, D, C, S, B, F (hotrod isn't from the south), B, D, C, A, B

Pretty much almost all of those are from old threads, so if you don't have one it's probably just that the user that compiled the list couldn't find one already given to you in the archives

Heh. You learn something new every day

whens the next map vote

>whens the next map vote
Soon. Probably within the next hour

Here are the results of the last vote:

>BLOOD GULCH vs INFINITY
Blood Gulch with 80%

>TIMBERLAND vs SIDEWINDER
Sidewinder with 57.1%

>BATTLE CREEK vs CHIRON TL-34
Battle Creek with 51.4%

>CHILL OUT vs HANG EM' HIGH
Hang Em' High with 54.3%

>WIZARD vs DAMNATION
Damnation with 54.3%

>Battle Creek with 51.4%

Your memes die with you.

>when you realize blood gulch is going all the way

This is a good video game

I never said it wasn't

I agree

Yes it is.

Yeah I would agree with that, to an extent.
I think with Halo 3, they had improved the formula to an extent where it didn't really need any more enhancements. I'm not saying Halo 3 is perfect, but it does feel to me like for the most part the definitive classic Halo experience. With Reach, Bungie wanted to try going in a different direction as opposed to a "better" one, which had been the goal for 2 and 3 from a development standpoint. As a result what we ended up with was a game that might have been technically worse than Halo 3, but I feel it's wrong to treat Reach as a successor and compare it directly as such. I've always found that people who didn't treat Reach as "Halo 4" and just looked at it on its own terms enjoyed it the most.
Now with all that being said, it definitely has a lot of issues and really doesn't hit all its marks. This is true across campaign, the story, multiplayer, and even firefight which despite being in pretty much every way a straight upgrade from ODST's, doesn't feel quite as thrilling to play.
I think at the end of the day the biggest issue with Reach as far as being an FPS goes is that it's just not very competitively balanced, and any attempt to make it more so always ends up stripping away or dumbing down the very things that make it feel unique in the first place. In a way, Halo 5 kind of has the opposite problem. It's extremely well balanced and as such caters well to competitive playstyles, but it doesn't feel very special or memerable in ways that make it stand out.
To conclude, I'm not a fan of participation trophies. Reach's shortcomings should be made known and remembered, but I can't fault the game for trying something new in a AAA environment that grows more stale and repetitive every year. It's a flawed product, but I do think it has enough going for it that it's worth going back and enjoying from time to time.

My issue with Reach and what you're saying is that if Bungie really wanted to take the series in a new direction, then they should have stuck with it for at least a bit longer. They should have seen it through and improved on it in future games like they did with the way Halo 2 and 3 improved on CE. I don't like that they radically changed up the formula knowing it was their last Halo game and then left it at 343i/Microsoft's feet just being like "ok here, it's your problem now". If they were insistant on making only one more Halo game, they honestly should have just made Halo 4, or at least a game that stuck with and improved on the classic formula.

I agree with both of these

Oh I hear you completely. It was definitely a... I don't want to say "selfish" move, but I could see why 343i would be so confused with what to do once they got the reigns. I would think that most people would now agree that continuing the trends started in Reach with a brand new studio was a bad decision. But hey, live and learn.

>live and learn
HANGING ON THE EDGE OF TOMORROW

/sthg/ pls

That's actually funny because /sthg/ fucking hates Sonic Adventure 2.

A general that has shit taste in their own games???
Now where have I seen that before...

Fine

>Unknown Kai
youtube.com/watch?v=hfJ9QLlYIXU

But that's wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=uwrDmZ9ySQ0

Dude I tried to find the link to this song in the archives because I remembered you always posted it as your theme but for whatever reason I couldn't locate it.
I can't fucking believe it!

>first comment with the most likes

Halo 3 mechanics
Halo 5 base speed and spartan movement (sprint below)
Sprint is for customs only but maps are based on base speed.

Halo 48$($8$? $4$+$8$+$$+$

Quiet

>Halo 5 base speed
Too slow.

H5's base speed is the fastest. You might be fooled into thinking it's slow, but that's only because of how fucking massive the maps are. Just look at truth in halo 5 VS midship in halo 2

>H5's base speed is the fastest.

It doesn't matter what the base speed is as long as it fits the map design.
I'd like it to be faster than say, Halo 3, but it really doesn't matter as long as the levels are designed well enough around it. It shouldn't be made faster just for the sake of catering to cod kiddies.

Technically it is, though it's a negligable difference.

If the comparison is Halo 5 to Halo 2 on midship, then 5 is slower than both 2 and 3.
>inb4 moved goalposts

You're confusing the map size with the movement speed again

Midship is much smaller than truth

Who /here/ mouth completly numb and missing four teeth//

Reminder that humans sudden progression in agriculture has fucked our teeth.

Hey look, moved goalposts!

I'm not that guy using that as a comparison.
If you play on a 1:1 midship remake, you will get to the other end faster in Halo 5 even without sprinting than you would in Halo 2 or 3.

The comparison was looking at walking on Truth vs walking on Midship. Your example means nothing.

No moved goalposts, you just have bad reading comprehension

See my original post here which specifically mentions map size

>The comparison was looking at walking on Truth vs walking on Midship.
For that guy, sure. Whatever. I'm not that guy.
>Your example means nothing.
My example proves that Halo 5 has the fastest base movement speed.

I get that you're just being intentionally combative. You know I'm right, but now that I've put you in checkmate nonody needs to respond to you anymore.

>responding to obvious bait

So which one of you fucking idiots actually bought MCC and Halo 5?

>My example proves that Halo 5 has the fastest base movement speed.
Except your example does not. You have provided zero evidence.

What's YOUR evidence? As far as I can see, the first post which made any claim about halo 5's movement speed was this one:

I'm not saying that was you but I am saying that's the side which started first

>What's YOUR evidence?
Not an argument. You made an argument. Back it up.

I don't need to bring "evidence" for my opinion

Thousands of hours in each halo game is enough for me to say that h5 has the fastest base speed without a doubt

Besides, I see nobody bringing up evidence for their opinion either. Especially you, you're just acting like a child

>I don't need to bring "evidence" for my opinion

Yeah, that's how opinions work

Surprisingly enough, when you say something to a human being in real life that they might disagree with you on, they don't hound you with "WHERE'S YOUR PROOF? HUH? I DONT SEE ANY EVIDENCE. NOT AN ARGUMENT!"

They will just ask you why you have that opinion. If you do behave like that though,there's a 99% chance you have severe autism

>state it was a fact
>backpedal to being "an opinion"
God you're such a loser.

>"I am pretty certain this game is faster than these other games from what I've played of the series"

>"HUH? WHERE'S YOUR EVIDENCE? THATS NOT A FACT! YOU NEED TO PROVE IT FIRST! WHERE'S YOUR PROOF? NOT AN ARGUMENT!"

>say that you "proved" something, making it a fact
>ask where the evidence to prove it is
>lol i don't have to prove shit!

Where did I say I proved anything

Please, link it

>it really comes down to "b-but i can shop out a (you)!"
Pathetic.

second map is built in forge.

What are you even talking about

I said link not screencap

You'll just claim it wasn't you. Despite being the only other person in the reply chain. So unless you magically jumped in to defend internet honor of an anonymous person, you're a liar and cannot be trusted for this discussion.

>you'll just claim it wasn't you
And how do you know it wasn't? This is an anonymous imageboard man

That'd be extremely convenient for someone to try and duck out of an argument like that.
Good thing it didn't.

Would you like to know what my first post in this argument was?

I don't give a shit.