It's the best car for the money and you literally can't prove me wrong

it's the best car for the money and you literally can't prove me wrong
>inb4 used cars
lol

Other urls found in this thread:

harrop.com.au/shop/automotive-performance/performance-driveline/diff-covers/diff-cover-subaru-brz-toyota-86
prospeedracing.com.au/products/mishimoto-subaru-brz-toyota-gt-86-baffled-oil-catch-can-pcv-side-black.html
youtube.com/watch?v=vu-Mq8N37UU&t=6s
youtube.com/watch?v=lgUuRVkgJmg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bait thread, nobody else should reply to this.

mx-5 is quicker in every metric

What was your thought process behind this post? "Hmmm, better start shitting up the board with more benchracing, yea that's exactly what Veeky Forums needs"
?????

>not even lsd stock

lol sage

The miata club is faster and cooler, the mustang gt is a little bit more but makes over 500hp on a dyno. Toyobaru needs to evolve and Toyota won't let it
In all fields kiddies.

the real inb4 is the new meme...

used for life

the club trim does

With a proper engine it is.

I have that model OP. the new one looks beanerish.

>>inb4 used cars
what do you mean? now they are approaching 11k where i live i think they are starting to become worth the money

Why the fuck do you morons reply to bait this obvious? Am I the only one who sees it?

>bait
I have the car user. I don't have a hive mind that I must listen to Veeky Forums for car advice.

A thread died for this.

One could only hope it was the last "86 is a good car guys I swear" thread.

Imagine they put the Toyobaru engine in a bus and it hit the torque dip going up hill and started rolling backward?

Miata
Ford Mustang
Camaro
Civic Si
Mazda 3
Some WRXs

You can get a Nissan Versa S for under-$13k and it'll get you to work and back just as well as the godmachine.

so does the car come with the speed dealer sunnies or are you just required by law to wear them when driving it?

Mine didn't even come with the key to get the stupid wheel locks off or the manual :P

I'll take a new 6 speed fit sport over that car and just put real good tires on it, if I was spending that much money I'd just go for a club trim Miata instead.

has a Boxer engine which is one of the most poorly designed engines in history

i've come to this conclusion recently, the new 2017 revision with the optioned 4/2pot brembos is the only real option for a low-weight, low-seat position, over-braked, N/A powered car in a 2+2 form with boot with fold-down seats.

MX-5 is close but the aftermarket isn't as widespread and is only available as a 2-seater.

I see it as a slightly nerfed DC2 Type-R (not as low, light or high-revving), but available new for an affordable price.

>t. brainlet

>slow
>prius tires
>ugly

not even close.

the BRZ is breddy good with the brembos but god that fucking torque dip. I know it's easily fixable with UEL headers and a tune, but why they didn't unfuck it from the factory I do not know. I kinda wonder if the ND aftermarket will be as insane as the 86 or the NA/NB, as Mazda could skip doing a ND2 and go straight to a NE with the Skyactiv-X engine.

my shitbox dodge dart is faster than this car.

Yes on the top of the torque dip, the only things i read from people who race them is;

High oil temps - will hit 110C around town - needs a decent oil cooler for sustained spirited driving.

High trans/diff oil temps - again only when driving for extended track sessions - solved with a larger diff cover which increases the capacity and has improved cooling fins.

harrop.com.au/shop/automotive-performance/performance-driveline/diff-covers/diff-cover-subaru-brz-toyota-86

Another optional mod is a catch-can to relieve the pressure in the head which prevenhts oil flowing back into the block. Haven't read too many cases where this is necessary.

prospeedracing.com.au/products/mishimoto-subaru-brz-toyota-gt-86-baffled-oil-catch-can-pcv-side-black.html

Together with UEL headers and a tune, these seem unstoppable as an affordable car you can buy new or near new and take to the track and enjoy.

The issue i find with Halo cars ie. Skylines, Evos, RX-7s, Supras, is the quality of second hand examples decrease as they depreciate and pass through more hands, prices are now on the way back up, as well as the second hand parts market as parts become more scarce and sought after.

I'm an eternal toyobaru fanboy but for that money I'd just buy an used FD

Even with brembos and upgraded wheels and suspension, it’s slower than a 4 cylinder mustang....

Absolutely over 1 hot lap, but over a track day session of 10-15mins, the toybaru would lap faster consistently and would be happier doing it.

In the mustang you have nearly 400kg penalty along with heat soak associated with boost, which over a few laps will make for a less enjoyable car.

Mustang is a cooler car to most people, but i think people over look the benefits of the toybaru.

Check this vid of R34 GTR achieving the best laptime over 3 laps, but the DC2 overtakes it after only 2 laps.

youtube.com/watch?v=vu-Mq8N37UU&t=6s

my mistake regarding the video, it was over 5 laps, and the DC2 overtakes on lap 4.

I like it, not because it's good, but everything else for the price is worse

Genesis Coupe was better. More horsepower and nicer interior.

>see "best car for the money"
>see "inb4 used cars"

This triggered my autism.

>2 litre 16 valve twin cam
>157hp

Shamefur dispray

Lmao no a civic si is faster

I'd rather buy a wrx for the same price and it's faster

Lmao

>best car for the money
performance wise, wouldn't that be a japanese inline 4 motorbike?

Ayylmao a civic makes more torque and more powerful at a lesser rpm

>wouldn't that be a japanese inline 4 motorbike?
or rather, almost any $20,000 (AUD) motorbike.

>you literally can't prove me wrong
So practically I might?

Is having winding back roads enough to justify getting one of these over an oldish Lexus or a civic si? Or do I need steeper curves?

No because it isn't a car

Depends what you want out of a car. IMO the Toyobaru can be downright boring and annoying if you're not going to push it. But on the upside, it's set up so that you can push it enough for quick grins without being completely reckless on the roads.

Some rain makes it particularly pleasant to go a bit sideways if you'd like to. Or tossing it around corners like a matchbox car or in the dry, and the opportunity to wind it out now and again without having to drive like a demon in the process. If you like little bits of fun like that, then you might enjoy it for casual spirited driving, not just for flogging the snot out of it.

gr8 b8 m8 r8 8/8

keep fishing faggot
*sage

>buying non European cars
Kys

Let the thread die, Jaagup!

is dis realz lyfe? Id buy a toyburu just to cram a V8 in it.

it's not quick enough for people to not see you driving the gayest car created.

>caring what people think

homo confirmed

Where's the threshold where getting it is worth it over the hot hatches or regular grand tourers, though? This is what my commute looks like. On the (slightly) curvy backroads I do 75 and sometimes slow to 60. There is also two tiny sections with a Z shape, but I never do more than 30-40 on those.

And of course, the freeway, which varies between clogged and 70.

Why the HECK are you replying to a post 5 hours ago in a dead thread, nobody wants to talk about your "hot hatch"

H*CK *

Yup, that's the question. For me, I dig the low weight little sprightly experience too much to want a touring car. I'd probably be in a Miata if were willing to give up the cargo space.

I even enjoy the Toyobaru on multi-hour road trips just because h*ck I just like flying my little space ship. But plenty of people would be about ready for a comfy but deft touring car with a nice sound system by that point.

>Best car
>A motorcycle
? ? ? ?

Until it rains and you have to take shelter under a overpass... There's also more to performance than just rev bombing downtown and slipping the clutch in between lights as you motovlog your escapades. That's if you don't wind up on liveleak in the process.

>inb4 used cars
sold my brz last year to buy a used 350z with 80000 miles and a corolla with 100000 miles and had enough money left over to upgrade the suspension on the 350z and get a set of track wheels and tires for it. I don't even pay any more in insurance than I paid for the BRZ.

>Being a little bitch who can't ride in rain.

I bet you drive the CVT FRS as well.

I don't know, that is a handling course so of course the heavier car is going to be at a disadvantage. Most American courses favor power so the power deficit would be more pronounced.

I also think the BRZ should be offered in top trim making 350hp which it seems is the most any OEM can reasonably push a 2L 4cly and make it Subarus halo car. This would make it comparable in performance to things like the V8 Mustang GT and Camaro SS and even contend with the likes of the Lotus Evora and new 718 Cayman S for like half of the cost.

well subaru refuses to make anything faster than the wrx so it will neve happen

youtube.com/watch?v=lgUuRVkgJmg

Those two are faster than the greyhound you ride

triggered brz owner detected

I have no reason to be mad, I bought a manual. You're probably too stupid to learn which is why you use automatic examples as reference

>High oil temps - will hit 110C around town - needs a decent oil cooler for sustained spirited driving.

What? I stay at 90C in normal driving and it goes up to 130C on the track, and I don't live in a cold city

Aktuallee, the best car in terms of performance per dollar is probably the Demon. If you could actually get one for the MSRP without dealer markup, it's by far the fastest car dollar for dollar you could buy.

Even the SRT8 Challenger is better cost for performance than the BRZ which makes most American performance coupes better options.

unless you turn

Except the BRZ can only match the time set by the 6.1L SRT8 on the Motortrend Figure 8. It's slower than a 392 and a Hellcat by a full second.

You know, on top of being 1/3rd the power of a Hellcat (charitably) and capable of only 1/3rd of the 0-60 time.

DELETE

cant wait to buy these things for 5g in a couple years when everyone realizes they are way too much of a lazy coward to do forced induction and i just swap in different pistons to lower the CR to 9:1 and then boost it