/ink/ - Splatoon General

You wouldn't forget about me now, would you?

Last thread: Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

> News
- The next NA/EU Splatfest is Mayo vs Ketchup, to be held in the first weekend of August.
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) - The Inkbrush is out now!
- New updating patching exploit and tweaking special costs: en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/p/897

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0
>S2 New weapon stats
-imgur.com/a/NFzgv

>S2 Headgear
-imgur.com/a/9w8lx
>S2 Shirts
-imgur.com/a/gUexS
>S2 Shoes
-imgur.com/a/Cq7La

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord
- Nope.

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

rape woomy

when the fuck is the next salmon run I have work tomorrow dammit

squid kid tids

Marie!

is stealth jump good?

there is such a thing as too T H I C C

in 2? no
it only hides your jump from far away players now, not up close ones.

what happened to the white anchor tee with run speed up on the app? its gone for me but i dont think its been 24 hours?

Has there been ANY fresh gear to come from splatnet2 at all in this week?

>try to get first post
>filled captcha correctly
>it starts shitting up
>some faggot posting garbage gets first instead because of captcha faggotry
FUCK THIS SHIT

They stay up for 12 hours.

what about squid kid boody

Have you prayed to our lord and savior, the almighty king of shooters, the multirole of multiroles, the lightning bruiser and a generally awesome gun today?

only with no clothes on

oh fuck me i think i forgot to order it

now im sad

tfw ranking up to S in Splat Zones by winning a 3 v 4

what's the point of using this

6 1/2 more hours until new dualies

i need more male squid kid butt pls

another question. is thermal ink good on any weapons?
i thought it would be good on a rapid blaster, but it doesn't have enough range. I can only imagine it being good on a jet squelcher since chargers kill in one hit anyway. maybe the rapid pro will benefit from it.

really? weird. so, the superjump marker will pop in when you get close enough like the grass in Zelda?

this is the farthest i can go

im fucking HYPED
meme lobby where

>oh sink me
I wish lines like this were filtered to Splatoon equivalents in /ink/.

>everyone using dualies, brushes, and aeromemes to try to win zones
Why aren't you using the best turf coverage weapon in they game yet? Did you not play splat1?

I don't know how far away it is, but at first i was using it like "Hey, i have stealth jump, how do they know i'm jumping there?!" then i actually read the description and was just "OH, well this sucks"

i actually thought about getting a capture card to watch my matches afterwards and learn from my mistakes but 200 bucks is pretty much

mfw ranking up to S in splat zones but getting carried harder than a ton of bricks
fuck it, it's payback for that losing 17 kill game...

>love the new mines
>want to use something other than the rapid blaster
>nothing
eternal rapid blaster fag

Inks fast
Splats fast
Runs fast
Makes lines to swim in fast
Perfect synergy with the subweapon
Best special in the entire game, that also synergizes with sub for a potential perma-echo
Consumes no ink
Gear independent
Will never ever be nerfed

Getting hipster points.

>use Splat Jet
>can't hit anyone, get splatted 90% of the time
>someone else uses Splat Jet
>can't hit him for shit, get splatted 90% of the time
IT'S NOT FAIR

Sounds like a crutch weapon to me.

What do I need to be to be able to add slots to my gear?

you forgot that it looks like a .357 and is fresh as fuck

>Almost exterminate Octarians, driving them into underground without zapfish
>Steal the children of the Salmonpeople
>Are obsessed with fashion and fads
>engage even as children in ritual warfare

Are Inklings literally the worst species ever?

That's not an H3, but 96 also has very respectable turf coverage, and, more importantly, at good range.

I lost a few ranked matches because I didn't realise they changed it until it was too late
sorry my teammates

Be Level 30 and getting Super Snails.

Don't forget
>use Zapfish as a source of electricity
That's some inhumane shit
then again, they're not human so...

it really is the new inkzooka... the hitboxes are way clearer, though, so im fine with it. fuck those hurricane things from the first game

Don't forget that they don't give a shit about anything but their own vanity. Also the octarians nearly whipped out the inklings and we don't know if they've ever negotiated so their persecution seems fair. The salmonid thing seems cruel, going to their homes and murdering them en mass to feed their children to a bear

>sneak behind enemy team on Shipyard
>climb up their tower thing
>see their entire team standing in the middle of the splatzone
>jump off and activate Splash Down right above their heads
>get quad
>ranked up to A+

>Play a game with charger
>Can't hit a motherfucking thing
>Next game
>Getting splats left and right/I am the aimbot
>Next game
>Can't hit a motherfucking thing

Why can't I be consistent with this thing? I know my teammates are rolling their eyes at me when I only get like 2-5 splats. You should have seen me last game, damnit

That's the thing, H3 only deals in JUSTICE. If you don't do it justice, it won't dispense it to squids of opposite colour.

Post Inklings committing war crimes

I like the N-zap! Sticky bomb is a good sub weapon and ink armor is a good special, especially in the opening rush when the whole team is alive and fighting.

Just keep practicing. You could start with octoling levels in singleplayer until you're more consistent.

>squash_headband+ika_dress+teal_sea_slugs+eliter_3k_scope.png

actually found one
lucky you

>actually getting hit by inkstrikes
???
you can hear them coming from a mile off
definitely the worst special of splatoon 1

DELETE THIS

If you use chunks to replace an existing slot on any piece of clothing, you get a chunk of the sub you replaced.

I see you and raise Gas Mask+White Anchor Tee Aerospray

the butt and bulge are good but something about that style seems off

It wasn't for killing much unless rainmaker is involved, moreso for quick, safe area denial. You could do so much with that shit, from harassing snipers to smoke grenade entries to sneakily claiming objective or important flank to locking enemy between yourself and wall of death to winning turf wars in most stupid way possible.

So why are you still in C rank?

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the inkzooka projectile which had a much wider hitbox than it appeared

>making my way through B in all of the ranked modes
>decide to go back to turf wars to grind abilities
>can't win a single match out of 10

Somehow I thought players would have gotten better since I left, not worse.

LEAVE ME ALONE

>tfw you are not C rank

remember the old days of gas mask, part time pirate tee and blue moto boots for the e-liter

i was talking about the inkzooka and rainmaker rounds, mate.

I only seem to get to play one 2-block of two of the ranked modes every night because of work and I'm not so phenomenal that I can carry my team with ease

Autobomb nerf when

neat

It didn't, it's just that Inkzooka's hitbox, unlike most projectiles, is not calculated shooter-side, but rather defender-side, as you can outrun it at longer ranges. Same with Rainmaker tornado.

because I just got used to the motion controls finally

oh I'm a dumbass

>just got my first S
>too nervous to continue and push towards S+

>Can't run from it just follows oyu for hours
>Cheap ink cost
>Small so can't see in fights

Every weapon is a crutch weapon.
When are we getting ink boxing gloves.

no you're not!

then why randomly one shot me when I was an entire squid length away?

aww

What weapon would only a madman use?
AKA what is the worst weapon in the game?

There's literally a button for that

Have they released gear with Ability Doubler yet?
Seems pretty fucking strong.

No gloves; just bare-handed squid CQC.

The only thing that has it is the Splatfest Tee.

splatfest tee only

splatfest tee only

They already said it is exclusive to splatfest tees.

Gootuber is pretty much the least often used weapon in the game. Can still work but there is no real reason to play it.

>less range than regular charger
>charges up slower
>gimick is barely ever useful

does it only double sub abilities on the splatfest tee or all abilities you're wearing

Each main ability is worth 10 points. Each sub ability is worth 3 points. Ability doubler is giving up a 10 for 3X3=9 extra. It's actually trash.

>autobombs used to be novelty robot pets
>and then a kid strapped a splatbomb to one
The rest as they say is history

it's more like
>screenshot>home>gallery>send image>open twitter on computer>open image>:orig
I honestly don't blame anyone who just says fuck it and takes a picture with their phone.

Because Blaster Control is a shit gamemode and the only one I can't seem to rank up in

>it's on the fucking octobrush
>they can throw at you and then just retard rush you, you either die to the brush or the bomb
the only way that weapon could be a bigger crutch would be if it had tentamissles as the super

I feel like once the meta solidifies people will find used for the long charge hold time. Personally, I always forget that charge holding is even a thing

Splatfest Tee. That's it. Makes sense.
Gootuber's net ink output is pitiful 16 turf per second, which is by far the worst in Spla2n, and only beaten by Splat1's Range Blaster sitting at 15. Even if you say "but muh charge hold" and "muh unintended behaviour of other chargers", it still is pure unfiltered sewage at keeping shit inked.

I kinda assumed it worked for all your abilities on all equipment. If not, you're right

Unless it doubled its OWN ability

It's so discrete because it doesn't ink. At least it makes a sound when it's deployed.

None of that matters half the time, it's the role it plays in actual strategies in actual competitive modes.

Is my woomy cute, /ink/?

>tentamissles and autobomb
>perfect bullying kit
MAKE IT HAPPEN, DEVS