The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

I want to rub my face on Vahlen's sweater puppies!

me too

Third for hot bug-eyed Skirmisher waifus.

>tfw everything goes exactly according to plan

Pistols are guns.

Death Alley 2 when?

pistols are useful

Post armor mods NOW

>have to get across that entire alley in 8 turns
god that sounds like hell

>take off skirmisherfu's helmet
>see this

>street hurricane 2 attack of the clones
oh god no

That map looks sweet. What mod gave you those parcels?

I'm living it right now

YOU DO NOT WANT TO PLAY THAT MAP

Oh yes I fucking do. I remember that map from EW and it was sweet as fuck. Gimme.

>hot bug-eyed Skirmisher waifus
We must defeat the Avatar project before the aliens can perfect it.

no it was terrible

absolute hell

I liked the challenge, you pansy fuck. Give me the mod that gives that map to X2.

ayy

That looks vaguely advent styled.

>sitting behind explosive low cover
>challenge

I'd rather have every character and line in the game replaced with Joey and his gurglings than see another screenshot of the worst fetish to ever exist in the history of the universe.

pulled from doom mp still figuring out how to get its textures

Sometimes I want a mission like that. It's fun when the game throws you a curveball in the form of an absolute slog.

Ideally, the new Sitrep situation could balance something like that, by giving the player an idea of the terrain in advance. So if you know the map is going to have a lot of explosives, you can plan accordingly.

So reapers are cheeki breeki stalkers from the zone, skirmishers are rogue advents.

Wtf are templars?

My life for Aiur.

>Concealed
>Beserker starts just beating the shit out of everyone for no reason

th-thanks

This, I fought this in an open air floodzone filled with low cover versus tons of enemies. Exhilarating.

Long war is full of these kind of brawls, and they're fun to tackle.

Garth siad that they put this and hurricane street into the game on the WotC maps

fucking why

Apparently founded by one of the psionic soldiers left over from x1. Which kind of doesn't make sense since a psi rush isn't really viable within the early game when xcom originally fell. (somewhere around after shooting down the first or second UFO).

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

because we are going back to the city centers where the original abductions took place and where the lost are now. Like part of the Lost and Damned map is based of the bar and grill map fro EU.

>the entire flow of my campaign got fucked up because I accidentally sold too many trooper corpses

>Garth siad that they put this and hurricane street into the game on the WotC maps

Fucking SCORE.

Either a Psi candidate found out they were Gifted after XCOM fell or they're from the EU-EW timeline, teleported from the Temple Ship.

volunteer faction confirmed

I've been hearing about that being a possibility. Also, the lost and abandoned mission shows why the reapers and the skirmishers hate each other... why do you guys think they have reason to hate the templars?

History of Psi research might be different in XCOM 2's version of XCOM 1, since SPARKs are different from MECs too, and JULIAN exists and was apparently created during the XCOM 1 era.

It's possible that upon learning that the aliens had psi, they started trying to find out if some humans naturally had the talent (a la the Furies) and so put together a more ad hoc psi program.

psi powers are kinda influenced by aliens
they probably think theyre gonna turn into the Ethereals or some shit

If Templars are lead by a former XCOM soldier, their reasons for hating the Skirmishers are pretty plain to see, because "fuck ADVENT and their puppets"

Templars and Reapers probably don't get on because Psionics will make people uncomfortable. Reapers probably suspect them of being Ayy collaborators in some way, since Psi is pretty exclusively the domain of the Ayylders.

>Templars and Reapers probably don't get on because Psionics will make people uncomfortable.

Or because the Reapers are creepy weirdos who live off alien corpses and pseudo-cannibalism.

So what you're saying is long ago in a distant land, the Ethereals, the psi-wielding Masters of Ayys, unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish psionic stepped forth to oppose them. But before the final blow was struck, they tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future where their evil is law, and now the fool seeks to return to the past to undo the evil that is Ayy Lmao?

I don't think the
>ADVENT is food
was a serious line about eating ADVENT troopers.

Who would let that perfectly good meat go to waste? Surely ADVENT flesh would be more delicious than Chryssalids.

Lids are just oversized lobsters

>a psi rush isn't really viable within the early game when xcom originally fell. (somewhere around after shooting down the first or second UFO).
They've really screwed up the canon on what exactly happened to end X1.

>XCOM did horrible
>XCOM did just fine until the Sectopods arrived a few months earlier than they should
>XCOM only shot down 2 UFOs (somehow including a supply barge)
>XCOM died in the Base Assault mission
>XCOM never had MECs or gene-mods
>XCOM had psi-soldiers

Personally, I prefer the narratives where XCOM fought valiantly against an inexorable doom. The "ayy lmao roflstomp" never sat right with me.

Oh, and about the book (where a lot of the roflstomp 'lore' comes from) - it actually had several other inconsistencies not just with known game lore but also reality. Simply put, the author was a hack and the book's canonicity should be suspect.

I don't really care about the canon so long as it's fun.

>Personally, I prefer the narratives where XCOM fought valiantly against an inexorable doom.

Well, they did. If you take the book as canon (I know, I know, but it's still the best objective source we have other than fan theories), XCOM kept fighting even after the Commander was lost, they were just forced to rely on more and more desperate measures as things fell apart.

What are the other inconsistencies?

>it actually had several other inconsistencies not just with known game lore but also reality.

I don't even know how video game books sell. Not only are they written by hacks, they're written by hacks who are so unfamiliar with the source material they get basic information wrong.

>tfw these graphics are what I'm used to

>Remake of UFO Defense in 2 never ever
>Remake of Enemy Within in 2 never ever

rip

>other inconsistencies

Here's a few, what I can remember:
>ADVENT is so stupid that when they make fake news reports, they happen in towns close enough for people to check out themselves

>There is somehow room for soldiers to drill inside a WW2-era submarine

>A trained medic failed to notice an implant with over a meter of wire in someone's back upon examining the fresh surgical wound
>Upon later discovery, he attempts to remove it *in the field*
>This works without causing massive internal bleeding, permanent nerve damage, or death

>Valhen conveniently leaves behind one escape boat with a ton of extra fuel
>A crew of about a half-dozen landlubbers attempts to sail the boat from South America to INDIA.
>Somehow they make it in a matter of DAYS

Oh, there was also a thing with Chryssalids making Zombies instead of Cocoons.

>No Samurai Jack related voice packs
This is not WATCHA.

>I don't even know how video game books sell.
Some can be good. (Most likely because the author was involved with the creation of the actual game's plot.) Too bad there aren't more examples like this; it's probably the same effect which makes most video games based off of movies bad.

ftfy
>Long ago, on a distance planet, I the Uber Ethereal, psi-wielding conqueror of worlds, unleashed my unspeakable evil, but a foolish psionic Volunteer stepped forth to oppose me.
>CLANG, CLANG, 90% MISS
>But as the final blow struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law.
>And now the fool seeks to return to the past to undo the evil that is the Ethereals.

What helmet?

You know, the funny thing about this is that I jokingly thought of it before I learned about Geist.

I give it about a ~10% chance, somewhat less than the ~30% chance that the Temple Ship explosion sent a message back in time to warn the Elders to stop fucking around and send in the Sectopods immediately.

look for the bf4 pack form one of the modders here

Thanks.

>4 more weeks until WotC

>6 more months until I can be with gf

fuck you

you're nothing

I don't even have a computer anymore

What are you deployed or something?

go sink to the bottom of the ocean

I think someone is watching me

Which might fit with the creation of JULIAN etc, if you accept that he was R. Shen trying to create an AI to quickly fill the Commander's shoes.

>On Veeky Forums
>On Veeky Forums
>On /xcg/
>Has a girlfriend

Living in a different state

Made some mistakes. Gonna wait until my vacations to visit her, maybe quit my job before March and just move back there for good

She lives close to the beach so that's a possibility

I'm a lucker dog

It's more likely than you think. I saw her 20 minutes ago

Is that your Stand?

>I don't even have a computer anymore
So that's why you're not enjoying your 6 months of complete and total freedom to shitpost and play vidya whenever you want?

Live with mine for several years now.

I find it hilarious how many supposed "Normies" there are actually on Veeky Forums, despite us being up there with redditors as a meme.

pretty sure you are good so long as you arent r9k

>Oh, there was also a thing with Chryssalids making Zombies instead of Cocoons.

That at least can be justified by saying the Cocoon-breeding method is a relatively new introduction when you see them in-game.

how hard will it fuck my game if I remove an AI mod mid-playthrough?

I don't think it would fuck it up unless you uninstall it while you are doing a mission.

As long as you aren't on the tactical layer, you'll be fine.

Joey mod when?

Goys I can't afford War of the chawsen, I think I'll have to pirate it.

Shame I'll lose all my mods.

im waiting til its like $20
I can just keep playing Long War in the meantime I guess

Acquire employment

>WHAT ARE YOU POOR?
go back to /v/

I'm in uni

Take a day off, earning $40 in 1 day is not hard

So am I

Engineering major too

>want to continue my LW2 playthrough
>remember that the strategic layer is fucking terrible
every time

Thia is such fucking bullshit I just had a dream about my couple of wotc being playable and I was playing it

This sucks I did a hard mission all for nothing

Lucky you, I'm doing languages

Why would you waste time in college on a worthless degree?

>inb4 hurr durr imma be a translator

>ranger is disoriented
>use them to go grab some loot
>stand right in square
>doesn't do anything
>Move grenadier into loot square
>no problem
Apparently grabbing loot is considered an ability, so when you are disoriented is is "disabled."

did you know theres a bug in the game that makes Ever Vigilant not activate if you open doors or containers?

Can't do anything else, only did 2 years of math in high school because I didn't know better (tourism specialized school).

Well where I live we get lots of northern european tourists so it's not all bad to do languages.

??? Just take math classes????

Titanfall, MGS Frogsuit, MGS something else and Anarchy Children's stuff.

LOYAL MOST CHAMPION I ELDER'S AM THE

Lamia soldier mod when?

How much work would it be to get their animations right, would it get fucked up if you just put viper animations on?