Mitsubishi

How would you save Mitsubishi Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lCx_CbNVBY0
mitsubishi-motors.com.au/uploads/vehicle-brochures/17my/17MY-Lancer-Brochure.pdf?CID=sitecomms&utm_leadtype=brochure&utm_medium=page&utm_vehicle=lancer
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/680293691/overview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's unsalvageable

fire literally all of the management

Copy Mazda's business strategies

V6 AWD compact hatchback to replace the Lancer.

V6 gets bad empeegees, this would scare away normies who care about "muh fuel economy".

Literally why they axed the Lancer, and decided to focus on """"crossovers"""" and ultra-compact shitboxes. They are a pathetic brand with nothing of value to offer. Literally nothing. I honestly hope Nissan does well enough to take their market share, that way Toyota will have one less nippon competitor to slaughter in the coming decade.

There was a time I believed that Mitsubishi could make a good hot hatch

And their crossovers are mediocre compared to Hyundais, Mazdas, and Kias

No more dang crossovers, what they turned the eclipse into is horrific

let them die, let it all die and start again

If they somehow pulled out of the nosedive id do the following
>Make a new Lancer gen
>put a i4 turbo as the base and v6 tt as the sport
>???
>sells like hotcakes

Stop selling cars in the USA.

this and hire someone that can design interior
oh and get rid of that godawful infotainment unit

their cars look so damn cheap

youtu.be/lCx_CbNVBY0

the fuck

Mitsubishi hangs on by offfering very economical options for in-demand platforms with easy financing. They're receiving consistent sales increases annually, so I'd say whatever they're doing is working pretty well.

I'm not sure how the Rennault-Nissan group will change them though. Mitsubishi was working pretty close with Hyundai and Chrysler previously, so we may see them become another front for Rennault compacts and sub-compacts in emerging markets in the southeast.

As for in the US, they don't have many options.... the compact car segment is pretty weak right now. The cheap car market is more competitive than ever, with potential losses on a bad product higher than ever.

I think they could use a competitor to the imprezza hatch though. It's a pretty popular kinda cheap but not that cheap car that's been trying to move upmarket. I think they could undercut it with a stripped down competitor that markets heavily on being AWD. But I see them going the way of Isuzu and Suzuki if a big slowdown in the auto market came.

mitsubishi-motors.com.au/uploads/vehicle-brochures/17my/17MY-Lancer-Brochure.pdf?CID=sitecomms&utm_leadtype=brochure&utm_medium=page&utm_vehicle=lancer

What where they thinking?

I fully expect them to turn this into the new dakar lancer
>v6 turbodiesel
>awd
>proper ground clearance
>hopefully sold to private teams
mitsubishi brazil made some rad off-road vehicles, i really hopé they can fix this mess.

you guys are all stupid. they dont need to make sports cars. there are honestly not a lot of car enthusiasts in the world who would buy a new car. boring econoboxes and crossovers are the big money makers for manufacturers these days. mitsubishi is dying because of shit reliability and poor marketing.

i also get the sense they just dont care. they honestly make more money selling air conditioners than cars these says so ofc they dont care much if their car business dies

But they need something to remind people that they exist.

So judging from these opinions, should I not bother with any lancer released in the past five years?

Pretty much, parts are going to be a bitch if and when the mothership sinks. Then some Goldstein bastard will probably buy up the lot of their inventory and charge double for “muh rarity”

this would be fun to watch

Thoughts on the Lancer GTS (09 and later)?

Holy shit boys, either this is due to lack of database upkeep or there’s actually new old stock still out there on the lots! Any Silicon Valley richfags looking for a soon to be museum piece?

decent econobox to leave stock and dont attempt to make anything better. sick of fucking faggots in them doing shit to them thinking they are fucking evos

what year did mitsubishi become shit?

Yep, and then they don't need to make cars to cater to people who are literally the size of 2 or 3 Japanese.

>doing shit to them thinking they are fucking evos
tee bee ech that's why I like the look of it, but I'm not going to be that guy who builds it as an evo clone

It's the same over where I live

Pop-ups, less crossovers and family cars, more sports cars because that was the only thing they did right.

i still see new lancers for sale, i thought they stopped making them

They did, they're getting rid of them

>to make money
sell the Lancer Evo VIII body that looks so pretty but give it a shitty engine to make it actually enticing to the general crowd
>to be cool again
Make a new Lancer Evo, but after 10 tries make it a true viable alternative
>my personal fantasy
revival of the 90s styled eclipse, RWD

can't save what is dead

honestly mitsu has never made anything truly great other than lancer and galant

the Pajero and ralliart magna are great cunt.
the GTO had potential, if it wasn't made by mitsu of all people.

by selling car that people want to buy

>suv
who the fuck cares lmao
>magna
australia ever and never heard of it
>gto
hey lets make a sportscar but make it FF except for top trim but lets build it really badly so it is even less reliable than an audi

what's hilarious is there's literally two NEW final edition evo's being sold by a subaru dealer near me

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/680293691/overview/

don't know if this is a joke or if it's real, but it's fucking funny

make the best damn crossover in the class, this would be a good start

Im guessing no one enjoyed the FTO Here?

Is that a sunfire with a body kit?

Sell to General Memeturds then become what Pontiac was and rebadge the outlander to fill out the crossover lineup. Focus on producing small, cheap, sporty cars and motorcycles that target the younger generation.

NOTHING OVER 20K. Seriously, melinials can't afford it. Sell brand new ultra compact shitboxes that barely pass safety for 5k and upscale sporty ones for 10k. At the top of the curve have a RWD hot hatch.

Rebadge the eclipse with an LS as the new firebird and the lancer evo as a sunfire. Keep the brand image about cheap, reliable cars that get GOOD MUH EEMMMPEEGEES and have the only infotainment option that matters; Bluetooth.

They shared the galant/seabring and newers glant chasis also were fwd for over a decade before they got axed.

Why exactly are you trying to convince yourself that they are now shit?

I can’t wrap my head around how Mitsubishi is still in business in North America (especially when Suzuki isn’t, and they have vehicles people would actually want to buy).

Dakar Ralliart Eclipse, but actually not suck and have all the stuff that made the Dakar Pajero great. Fucking ridiculous ground clearance, V6 turbodiesel, decent 4wd system, waterproof to 3 feet

If you're going to market an SUV to Americans do it like a man.

As others have said, good cheap cars. Millennials can't afford pricey cars and they're a growing market segment. A shitbox tier $5-7K tiny eco hatch, $7-12K larger hatch, $12-20K sedan and wagon.

4 new SUVs, body on frame with most components shared for cheap construction:
>Midsize simple cheap and solid SUV
>XL version with at least a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton frame, seating for 8, and a longer hood.
>"Urban" versions of each, with lower bodies more akin to crossovers/wagons, but still with real SUV styling and less cuckoldry.

Have only a few engine options, but make them very different for varying applications. Use engines from other models or other manufacturers to save R+D:
>I4 with hybrid shit for the eco high MPG version
>Simple V6 turbodiesel and N/A gas V6 that never die
>Cummins I6 for the heavy duty versions
>Gas V8 (LS clone?)

Base models start at $15K, XL models start at $20-$25K, and performance/high end models don't go higher than $30-35K max.

>How would you save Mitsubishi Veeky Forums?

suicide pact with FCA

Are you the same dude that made the Kuroba threads?

Nope, just a dude that has a fetish for boxy LWB SUVs/wagons and has MS Paint handy.

So you just want cheaper Pajeros? They already exist in 4 and 6 cylinder diesel variants with different trim levels.

Just 4cyl afaik and they're already cheaper than a Prado by about 8-10k where I live, great car desu.

V6 pajeros already exist user

Petrols yes, not sure why you would though, the diesel makes more grunt and uses way less fuel.

China style copyright infringement on all cars not importable yet. R34 rip off that only needs aftermarket bumpers to make it look real but hosts a shit box engine

How are the ralliart? I know they're no Evo (going to buy two evo badges to chop up to write "NOT AN EVO" on the trunk if I get one), I'm just looking for an upgrade from my 3k civic. Hows the reliability and repairability?

Not listening to Veeky Forums because building a car that Veeky Forums dreams about won't sell at all, because Veeky Forumstists would never buy a new Mitsubishi In the first place. Just keep making what sells to the average normshit with no taste. It's the only way to survive in the position Mitsubishi finds itself in right now. Would have renamed the eclipse cross to Outlander cross though

The thing is that their normie crossovers are not that good vs those of the gooks and certainly not vs Mazda

At that point, just get a WRX. The ralliart lancers arent even in manual.

how's the lan evo x final edition reliability?
I'm still thinking of getting one, not riced one, for daily driving it as i see no proper alternative in current cars ;/

DELETE THIS

make them compete in WRC again