Tonfas-Shreding-Ki-at-Extreme-Speeds Edition

DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk

Ton of new shit has happened whilst you faggots were gone
>Umbracite is now a thing. Use it to pick the Reforges you want
>Silabar ingots are also now a thing. Forge them at the blacksmith with Patronage points for a makeshift soulstone
>Can now use patronage to Soul match. You can now use those extra levels Old man or Waifu wouldn't accept
>Clans have improved stats across the board. Equipment can now be traded for Honour using the 'Donations' function

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HJ0emX5RgZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7kIno1naQcI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>latest patch notes
>1.12
stop linking that shitty fucking wiki

It'll update in time, stop focussing on time. You are impulsively headstrong.

I agree. The wiki is dead. Don't know why; it seems the game is still fairly active, at least when DLC comes out.

>finally lvl 400

thanks fags

>don't know why
nioh not being a multiplat is probably the reason desu

True. I bet activity will really surge when the PC and XBone ports come out next year.

>pc and xbone ports
NEVER
EVER

Good one, giggled/10

Are Odachi/Axe heavy armour builds any good?

I'm still on 1.14 and, while I don't need any levels, I'm thinking about leveling up my spirits

What are the absolutely must haves?

Mizuchi, Saorsia, (Amrita and Cash gain) Daiba, Itokuri (Luck for farming Smithing Texts) and your 2 main spirits are the ones you want to prioritise, but just do as many as possible whilst you still can.

>PC and XBone ports come out next year.

They will never get a game with Maria in, regardless of how grandiose her shed is

Yeah, but Odachi and Axe have the same niche for the most part. There's little sense in pairing them up together.

Does the Amrita earned bonuses from spirits work with consumable items like the crystals?

Nope. Those are always set, sadly.

End of the third DLC better have William slapping Maria so hard she becomes one of his concubines in the fuck-off huge castle Tokugawa gives him for all hard work whilst he cracks open a cold one with the Date boys.

Thanks for the info

>Check history
>Tokugawa gave him a shogun and that
>Had white kids
More likely than you think. Wirriam and Maria are for each other, especially when he kills the Spanish 100I's controlling her fragile brain

Is Masamune the only non-William character who can handle/has beaten yokai?

Any time.
After you get the Luck pair and the Currency pair, then your main pair, try to ensure you have at least one from each element on top of that

The Fuku and the old priest seem to hold their own pretty well.

Bullbloke said he fought Yokai before you found his lazy ass, Musashi Miamoto is found fighting the Yokai in his mission, Tokai and Fuccu both use rituals to jail Yokai throughout the storyline and finally Haznomain and /worstgirl/ both help you on Demon King revealed

Sakata Kintoki was slapping around Yokai like they owed him money and Ashikaga Yoshiteru does it for fun in the afterlife when he's not sparring with William.

Fuku and Tenkai both do need your help with some gruntwork when it comes to yokai, though.

bull got bodied, so we don't really know how much he could do. For Hanzo and Okatsu, as well as Kintoki and Yoshi, fair enough, though Hanzo and Okatsu seem to have a lot more trouble
Also, I want a mission where we fight trained Musashi

I'd give Fuku some gruntwork alright

You already do, it's a paid DLC with tons of extra bosses

It was free on PS+ a while ago, called Furi. Takes a while to get to Musashi, but its pretty worth it.

B O M B S ? ? ?

>I wonder why they call it a Mega Horoku-Dama
>mfw throwing one for the first time

>When you get a kill with it in PvP
>Must have been nice for him. I didn't even know what it was.

WotW Shima Sakon is bullshit. I mean instant electrified status plus free form combos plus an almost zero-startup grab and two attacks that ignore guard completely. Also hyper armor until you break his ki. It's pretty obvious they stopped caring about the fair part in "hard but fair". I really can't imagine 3kelley or the DLC regions on this "difficulty", assuming I can even make it that far.

Moonlit Snow x3 (Damage x2) affix is actually pretty good. Maybe not optimal but it's pretty fun.

>He hasn't even seen Nobunga yet
You know how Sakon gives instaelectric?
Imagine that, but with Chaos

They're not exactly low tier, at least in the sense of not being a good weapon. They're just slightly worse than every other weapon in the game (haven't tried tonfas yet).

They're a one trick pony with lower utility than any other weapon with only one really good combo (god of wind into sign of the cross) and not much else. That being said, sign of the cross is very strong.

So i haven't played nioh since nier release how is it? I've been meaning to go back to it but i have over 5k hours on souls like games and i was burnt out.

Well 4cc was pretty fucking good. Both my boards had good games, Veeky Forums landslide won and /po/ had a pretty fucking good tie. thanks for reading my blog, remember to like comment, reply, upboat, subscribe and comment

Did I miss anything here?

shut up faggot

The WotW struggle is real

Still strong, but DL3 is yet to come out.
You are welcome to grind and beat the harder difficulties in preparation for it, but if you want a fluid story, leave it be until DL3. It has a markedly better combat system than DaS so it doesn't get as boring as fast.
Also Odachi and Tonfa are now a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=HJ0emX5RgZQ

youtube.com/watch?v=7kIno1naQcI

Need any help? Or is it just the 'can't forge, gotta farm' setting in

>gotta farm

I'm gonna consider Ethereals a luxury, not a neccessity. I got a full Dragon Treasure set off of a revenant and divines drop like the rain on Mt. Hiei and I've been soul matching the same divine Tombo-Kiri since Way of the Strong. If an ethereal drops, then great, but I ain't farming for shit.

Fair enough.
If you want guaranteed Tombo's, Champion of the East mission is a good way to get them an relatively easy to do a few times. Daiba+Itokouri greatly increases your chances too, without having to go too far out of your way

How long do you all reckon it would take to farm an ethereal Master Swordsman 2kat with cta AAA- and SotC damage 19.x on marobashi?

i had like 260 luck 65 % equip , weapon bless from kodamas and lucky bringer talisman and only got 3 , and only one was with one slot free for inherit , this took me like 1h and half and i was dying to spearman and redo again , not worth it though

What contributes to the maximum level of equipment forge?

I already have all the magatama and I'm in WotD forging 184 at best. Do I need to complete more main missions or anything helps?

missions i think , i was just in the beginning of wow and i could only forge 210 ~230 or some thing but by the third region i could forge 245 250 ~ now in the sixth region i can forge 249~250

Is there a way to get an ethereal unique sozasa monji with no locked strong attack? Gonna replace my divine from two shores if I can

Impossible, a locked skill is locked.

You get a unique divine one from NG meeting on two shores with no locked trait, wondering if maybe wotw two shores gives you a unique ethereal one to replace it

What's up with the ridiculous rate of fire everything has in WotD? Holy shit automatic weapons didn't exist in that time period yet

iirc, there are no ethereal items as mission rewards.

Man that sucks, what is the benefit to ethereal items? Is my unique sozasa monji obsolete now? If so that sucks, made me feel like I was using Oda's actual sword, rather than just a forged replica.

I'm actually tempted to power through WotD just to reach WotW and grind amrita in the patched mission, apparently the amount of amrita you earn in general is just pitiful in WotW

They can roll rare effects on reforge and seem to have a higher chance of star effects, otherwise it is basically a little stronger.

Why where the new enemies they added this DLC so shit?
Needlemonk is just another variant of what is already the most boring enemy to fight.
Foxes literally do nothing if you whale on them from the side, will not attack nor try to escape/reposition.

Only good enemy this time was the ninken, but they're admittedly a lot of fun to fight.

Do I get the bonuses from a spirit (like WotW's extra attack and defense from Raiken) if it's equipped on my second slot?

Managed to bump myself up 60 levels before the patch hit, now I need 210m for one level. Pretty happy with that. Only problem is now levelling sort of doesn't happen. getting 210m amrita even from WotW missions takes like 3-4+ full mission s to get if you aren't boosting it. If they don't include another missions to farm as easily then I think I might be done levelling at 381. I didn't even bother levelling spirits past 40 either since the 300m investment get at best a 1% or +1 increase on stats.

Also someone who's gud at photoshop needs ot make a william version of this.

only one of them at a reduced rate, the others will be greyed out.

He is talking about bonuses on gear that require certain spirits to be equipped.
I don't know the answer myself but I would imagine the don't activate.

oh right, well I'm sure you could check by just equipping them and seeing if they are greyed out or not.

I just tested it

While it doesn't grey out when you swap your spirit, the bonuses are gone. My attack dropped from 1597 to 1570, exaclty what the Raiken bonus gives in this set (+27 to Attack and Defense), so it's pretty safe to assume that the CQC damage also goes away

>been farming return the gourd all day
>every single smithing text except for the fucking axe drops
aaAHHHHHHHH

In WotD, to unlock the prologue mission, do you have to beat Demon King Revealed or just fill up the last section of the blue bar?

The epilogue mission, I mean, whoops

>They're just slightly worse than every other weapon in the game

How? The god of wind/iai combo is legitimately strong as fuck and one of the best in the game. They also have a solid parry (the shrike) and the slash that you do after an attack gets blocked that will destroy ki easily. The main other utility is discord and stacking elemental damage. Pretty much none of their attacks leave you open either and their mystic art reduces your ki cost greatly when attacking. They're good at what they do and that is being fast as fuck and having great dps + a fantastic combo.

So spearfall spam in marobasshi doesn't work anymore and neithet does other knockdowns. Can you still use paralysis+SotC the stunlock them to death?

because god of wind, sign of the cross and a slightly better reaper is 99% of everything it has

parries aren't nearly as good as a timely guard to the point I'd rather have a kusari skill like masterful guard that has no follow up, than a good parry like the shrike. Or I could use a 1 kat and have excellent parries and the best timely guard in the game.

I don't think 2kats are bad, I just think they're slightly worse than the other weapons.

just use talisman spirits

like what?

there's a lot of spirits that can knockdown , im using daiba washi cuz 70 luck and 34% equipment drop rate

Not that guy, but I never got timely guards. What makes them good?

>WotW
just about every human boss has immense knockdown resistance though

well i been farming just normal with daiba and they get knocked down in one of course if you try a second time it wont work , so you have only 1 try but is enough though

Made it to level 423, I just can't farm cruxidians anymore, I'm losing my mind.

>almost a billion amrita to level now
we must not abandon the dream

I can assure you that they're not slightly worse than other weapons, user. I mean yeah, 1kat is the go-to weapon for parry based play but that just means it has a different play style and advantages. It's not about the shear quantity of skills a weapon has either.

Also the low stance skill that dodges attacks during recovery is good as well. It's a weapon meant for light armor and fast dodging around and constant dps. The other weapon I main is kusarigama and it has good crowd control and reaper but I still prefer 2kat a little more. Also the 2kat LW is extremely good.

I'm done, I've failed. I have 99 heart, body, strength and skill, hp is just under 6k, the only thing I need points in is stamina, which is just padding. I need fucking ethereals.

>2kat lw
>extremely good
just because its better than axe and kusari doesn't make it good, user

>rushed through WotD to exploit the mission while is still possible
>sitting before Queen's Eyes mission at lv 313 but with complete garbage gear (around 180+11)
>will still need to unlock Tokai after that, meaning more suffering through WotW missions in this crap setup
Will I be able to make it?

>while its still possible
if you're on 1.15 then that ship has long since sailed buddy

I'm still on 1.14, of course

then yeah sure mane, you can do it, I believe in you

So how is the dlc? Better than the first one?

its pretty easy to unlock tokay just doing side missions

shorter than my dick but its p decent my man

>kill a revenant with a ethereal kusari
>it drops a divine one instead

wut I thought you only got divine fragments for failed ethereal drops. desu I'm not happy with this community why can't everyone hurry up and do the hard work of farming full sets so I can just farm your revenants.

Just came back and had my game at 1.14 is there an exploit? Canceled 1.15 download soon as I saw it

Whats the difference between Divines And Ethereal?

Look at the size of the fucking bar just to unlock Tokai

This amrita exploit better be worth it

there's a mission you can rush in about a minute that gives you 30/300 million amrita per completion

>go for request from ginchiyo first cause it's the easiest mission in the game to finish
>as I'm opening the door to the ruins, the yokai oneshots me even though I have 5000 HP
>try it again and complete it
>fills pretty much nothing of the map bar
I don't think I can do it
I would love to exploit that 1.14 mission because WotW's amrita gains are fucked, but I don't think I can reach it, I'm too weak and my gear is shit

Maybe in the next DLC they'll screw up again

tiger sprint,suppa and cat scroll lad
just speedrun through the map then chaos debuff cheese the bosses
you only gotta do the first region I think
you can do it laddy

What's even the point

Cheese through zones to get better gear that doesn't do or protect much to get more areas to grind better stuff so that you can get new zones that you need to cheese because everything oneshots you and takes no damage

How do I do this exploit you are all talking about?

if you haven't patched to 1.15, just do three souls in the tokai region(the one with the 3 one eyed oni) over and over, you get 3 cruxidian crystals that give you 100m amrita each

If you are talking about the guy that wants to rush through WotW, there's a reason for it

The amrita exploit lets you get 300m amrita in one minute, the fastest farming in the entire game and it's almost needed cause Koei Tecmo screwed up the amrita scaling in WotW. Someone did the math with the first enemy in Isle of Demons:

>WotSam: 81 amrita
>WotStr: 7,545 amrita
>WotD: 73,766 amrita
>WotW: 103,056 amrita

As you can see, WotW doesn't give that much more amrita than WotD but the cost for leveling after lv 350 skyrockets to half a billion amrita per level

Didnt they take weeks to fix the previous infinite amrita glitch? The one in the bath house with the floating heads getting stuck in the stairs. They take long because of the certification patches they have to go through I heard.

This one took a day