What percentage of your monthly income do you believe is reasonable to go towards your car?

What percentage of your monthly income do you believe is reasonable to go towards your car?

That includes insurance, financing/leasing, gas, repairs, etc

IMO this is different for everyone.

For example, I only make about 3.5k a month running my own business, but I'm in college on academic scholarship, so tuition/room/board is paid for. Because of that, I'm able to spend about $500 a month on a car payment and insurance, which I need since no one in their right mind would insure a 19 year old driving a 10 year-old Porsche, even if it is just a base cayman. With the remaining $2500-3000 I have each month, I'm able to save it for repairs, add to my crypto investments, or just leave cash in the bank.

Again, it's different for everyone, so that's how it's budgeted for me.

what kind of business is it, drop shipping?

It was, but that's WAY too saturated now. Subscription-based sites are the move.

I also do social media management and web design for local businesses. a couple of other, smaller things as well but I'd rather not did myself.

>Subscription-based
as in you send people a box of assorted chinkshit once a month?

Nope I offer classes in a niche(for example, my niche is young entrepreneurs so I have classes on crypto, social media ,amazement, running a YouTube channel, photography, and other low-overhead side hustles) and sell each class doe $10 each, or a monthly subscription of $25.

what sort of moron would pay you for that

I'll never understand the people who pay in for this stupid shit, but good to you for making something useful of there idiocy.

Me last year, also literally every hapa and rich white kid in the world. They all want to flex. They all want to be an entrepreneur. It's hot shit rn

As explained in the previous post, my generation is all about the flex. Buying expensive shit for no reason, at full retail price or even above, and not saving a penny.

The only thing I've ever spent serious money on is my car. It's a 2007 Porsche 987, and I love it with every fibre of my being. People see that car(which I bought for $16k) and think "damn, this kid is getting money. I want a porsche. I wanna start a business but I'm dumb. Hey mum, can you pay for this class so I can start a business?"

ot OP but still want to know what everyone spends on their car

i spend every last fucking cent on my car because when im depressed i can get in it, turn on my music and just start driving with no destination in mind

I'll say 10% of my take home pay but everyone's got their own goals and priorities.

I'm willing to spend ~60% of my pay on my car. Doing maintenance and making the thing pristine, factory condition. Once it's all complete probably just petrol, insurance and the tri-monthly registration is all I should be paying for.

Do you have a class on sounding like a faggot on Veeky Forums who suffers delusions of grandeur?

90%. Only true enthusiast live in their cars and dont waste money on other shit like a home and utilities.

>with no destination in mind
go somewhere faggot.

Car is bought outright, but dailying a FD3S still costs a butt load in fuel and the constant sacrifice of parts to the old car gods. With insurance about $700aud a month.

My payment is about 12% of my take home.

About 20% of my monthly income goes to my car.

20%

I spend around 150% of my income on my car. (father pays insurance and tax that's the extra 50%)
I really need a better job.

>>Veeky Forums