/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Funky Gunk Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Garry's Mod
>GearBlocks
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Skywanderers
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general.
>Warthunder, found in the Warthunder general, /wtg/, not in this general.
>World of Tanks, found in the World of Tanks general, /wotg/, not in this general.
>Crossout, found in the Robocraft General, /rcg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J3Hoax81rkI
youtube.com/watch?v=45BGbnJykPo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for GUN

So that thing's spewing posts back into the thread?

I give it twenty to twenty-four posts before they appear

We return to the double CrossOut timeline.

>Autistic spergs will never stop their personal feud against Cuckout

Hating CrossOut is a fad. a fad based on eggmen being bad at multiplayer games because robocucks are not eggmen and they're still bitter that robocuck is dying

>Everyone who dislikes or in any way objects to Cuckout has a personal feud.
Be honest with us user, how much money have you sunk into this game?

$80
End me now

Joke's on you, user. I'm the one that put it back into the OP and I'm playing Kikeout right now

jej

CLANG yourself my dude.

Maybe I am just burned out, but this gun is hot garbage sometimes, easy to dodge, deals very little damage depending on how it hits and any little lag completely fucks you over, also:

>press launch
>still have to wait until rocket explosion to take control of your car

>going to score, but the collision detection fails and the rocked just phase thought the car

Back to the more traditional guns, I guess.

I meant through, but you get it.

Anyone still playing FTD. I've got hold of a2.0 - they didn't go ahead with the shield changes, requiring battery charge?

>Clarinet TOW
>Unguided rocket
>TOW
>Tube-launched, Optically tracked, Wire-guided

I thought Kikeout was supposed to be Mad Max re-skinned robocuck, maybe the post apocalyptic shits couldn't repair the guidance functions.

It is a guided weapon, it's just filed in the Unguided Rocket weapon category for challenges like 'kill 10 players with X weapon type'

It's guided. Play the game.

>It is a guided weapon, it's just filed in the Unguided Rocket weapon category
I don't even.

Is the rocket pathing calculated serverside?

Why make a brand new category that's only ever going to have one weapon in it? It's easier [and better for the players] if it's lumped in with an already existing weapon type

>Driving around in Shitcia gun car
>Suddenly slam into something
>mfw it was a cloaked melee rapist and I barely dodged his purple boomspear

night

underrated

>firing off double fat man shots in enemys general direction
>both slam into cloaked invisible guy halfway across the map

Is there anyway to make pirate bases spawn on PLANETS on space engineers?

Want to test battle tank idea.

Any tips on how to upgrade my jew?

Today I finished making a passable mech in Empyrion.

I haven't seen any others uploaded so I'm feeling pretty good on that one

Better wheels

Does it work? Is Empyrion any good?

I mean the statue.
It is stable so wheels aren't a problem.

thought this might jostle your jimmies

spot all the fuckups

I see some perspective shit and the Ben Garrison watermark, but I can't find where you hid Loss.

Besides building a menorah (from exhausts of course) or painting the car gold, nothing really comes in my mind.

hitler should have stuck to gassing jews

wait that's a hitler?
Interesting

Is that a loss edit?

Stairs are tricky things

Empyrion has stuff to do so there's that
been building a lot and it's got me addicted which is nice since I haven't had anything to play in like a year

Shield units seem to have energy storage now but I haven't noticed any change in their behavior.

Cuckouts pls go

daily reminder that neither the big bang nor black holes exist and that relativity is the unproven ramblings of a jewish hack

And you're saying the ramblings of some retard on the internet are any better

>relativity
>unproven
With the detection of gravity waves a few years ago, literally every single prediction the theory of relativity makes has been found to be correct.

>trust me, I'm a physician

Appears to be. It's jittery sometimes with lag.

It's fucking great. Aim for the cabin and avoid any sticky out bits (Really flat robots and hatchets and such are bad) and you do crazy good damage.

A direct hit to the cabin does like 75%-100% of their max HP, which is sometimes as much as over 1000 damage.

Compare to the executioner which I find often does perhaps 9 or 48 damage, the clarinet will at worse do maybe 78. And you don't even need line of sight to the target.

It is vastly better than the executioner until later levels at which point having to put your full focus on the rocket is a pain since you could instead be firing three executioners at once.

>We made a massive pair of rulers that accurately measure distance and it appears they sometimes shorten and we believe it's due to what we call 'gravity waves'
>THAT'S NOT PROOF IT'S CLEARLY MALFUNCTIONING
I bet they believe the earth is flat, too.

the "detection" is well within the margin of error provided by micro-facets in the back wall of the detector, any disturbance from any source would be enough to trigger it. if you weren't an idiot you would realize that it was a seismic disturbance of the facility, if not an outright error in the sensor

t. idiot
They have two separate facilities hundreds of miles apart and not in the same seismic area that detected the wave simultaneously. And the wave conformed exactly to the predicted model of the gravity wave that would be produced by two black holes merging together, it wasn't just nonsense.

From the LIGO's FAQ:

Measuring all known noise sources (e.g. earthquakes, winds, ocean waves, trucks driving by on nearby roads, farming activities, even molecular vibrations in LIGO's mirrors) with seismometers, magnetometers, microphones, and gamma ray detectors, and then filtering out the signals caused by these noise sources from our data.
Looking for identical, simultaneous signals from multiple detectors world-wide (LIGO, Virgo, GEO600). This rules out noise sources which are local to a given detector. The more detectors that feel the same vibration at "the same time" (accounting for a gravitational-wave's travel time between detectors), the more certain we are that the source of the vibration was not local.
Using sophisticated analysis techniques to filter out and separate noise from a potential signal
Comparing the signals received with theorized patterns of gravitational waves generated by known phenomena
Confirming the timing of the possible gravitational wave event with astronomical observatories, hoping to see a coincident electromagnetic event on the sky (e.g. light from a supernova explosion).

Basically, if something was due to seismic activity, it would likely take a moment to manifest itself if it does at all in another place in the world whereas a gravity wave I'm pretty sure is probably faster than an earthquake, but I haven't really checked.
And otherwise they can measure the earthquake.

>a gravity wave I'm pretty sure is probably faster than an earthquake, but I haven't really checked.
the speed of light is a fuck of a lot faster than the speed shockwaves travel through the ground, yes.

milesmathis.com/liego.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=J3Hoax81rkI
youtube.com/watch?v=45BGbnJykPo

>inb4 genetic fallacies used to justify not listening to valid criticism

>everything is lies, all evidence is fake, holograms, lies the government is in on it every university faculty member and student who could verify information is in on it, the whole fucking world is in on it except us
summed up all the arguments of people like this for you.

strawman
personal incredulity

>*drives in to a heavy armored melee guy with a good gun*
MLG.......faggot.............420 got rekt by someone
>wow faggot why did you let me die
>fukking noob

We had 4 people in squad and voice chat in cuckout, we still could not pull off any manuever more complex than sneaky breeki rush B, rush B cyka blyat or defend A while enemy rushes you

It's just not a very good game that drip feeds you new parts every couple days

Yo aint nobody got time to read all dat shit
Summarize it in the evidence they provide against it

t. illiterate

le fallacy fallacy

>Be the only guy defending, defend base just barely in time to stop them fully capping and hold the point because leaving it would mean we'd lose, get a couple of kills
>OMG wtf u doin rush B faggot
>If I had left I would not have arrived in time and we would lose due to them capping

>Rush B cyka bylat
>base
>DEFEND
>OMG why is nobody defending?!

>t. Someone who's on an image board with a 1500 character limit and probably has dyslexia
FTFY

degg

d'eggf

guh miuhff

murph

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh, someone punch him out

>I don't really know what I'm on about, but this always ends up happening.
inb4 you make the diagram in a week's time only for some user to find it 3 years ago and post it 2 deds ago

so what is it?

>that first window
top kek

>two hatches in front
>hit enemy with mach 1
>Loses his whole fucking chassis

feels like they're more effective than any other blue melee

Remember these?

>gmod
I'd rather forget

the gating effect was pretty sweet

What are these two Crossout resources?
Yup.

gmod gives me ptsd
*has visions of mangled machines flying towards him at mach 5*

shekels(new tokens) and nuts(scrap)

Will the resource prices go back down after knights event ends and will the container price go up ?

It will probably go the way of tf2 crates.
Up up and away.

E N E R G Y

HOW DO I STOP SUCKING IN CROSSOUT
FUCK

step 1
git gud

>>>
> Anonymous 07/29/17(Sat)12:52:45 No.184208616 ▶
>
>step 1
>git gud
step 2
Hold

What are the new tokens for? Oh neat scrap is nice.

.etarc weN

>elfing the game
why are you this bad?

The new tokens are worthless pieces of shit that are only good for selling immediately.

You sell them all and then half-way through the event you can start considering to buy any when they're worth as much as duck fragments.

>Try Cuckout
>It's just Robocuck but with less variety and more jewishness, and tons of lag on top.

Why not just play Robocuck?

Tried opening the larger grilled as a .zip and .7z archive, no luck

2000 carhtecatr lmiit, fgaogt

Sorry, I can't hear you over all these trees I'm going to fuck

So what exactly is the blue line and the red zig zagged lines with a (i)?
And what does parallel/inner/anti horizon stuff means?

>less variety
here's where you're wrong
it might've been true long time ago, but not now
especially with new plens that are so awful even cuckout has better air with clever boosting

still
>using solar power at all
>not going all game on steam engines only, using uranium just for boolits

>being proud of being a faggot

Stay mad dwarves.