/ovg/ - james is gone edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce you are self!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing rFactor, GTA 4, Forza and AC on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/jj9zd
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1514391609926.webm
racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/
drive.google.com/file/d/1oecj7dZdgayNfjV3O6SN8nYOmRByC5b8/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

join OVGN400 in Gran Turismo

what a stupid thread name

do not taint the shill bait

post rally webms

>someone somewhere might be using red f40 for his winter road trip right now
>sitting comfortably in warm car with snow around, feathering the throttle to skid as little as possible
>making everyone around happy because they just witnessed something that's really aesthetically pleasant, bright red 80's group b supercar slowly moving around bright white scenery
>he might even be driving with cute gf in passenger's seat
>it's not me
i don't really feel envy, just a sudden need to increase quality of my life

silky smooth 45fps
streamable.com/jj9zd

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1514391609926.webm

Why should I keep living?

so one day you can own f40 and drive it around the winter resort of your choice

alone

I'll be your passenger user

>take a shitty D-class
>give it all the best upgrades
>max tire pressure
>max camber (positive or negative)
>just fuck shit up in the tuning
>race
This is fun.

>max tire pressure
>max camber (positive or negative)
but why?

Try it and see.

When do I get Forzathon prizes? I've completed two of the tasks but I don't have my cars.

>Dirt Rally
>spin out
>thats okay theres no people to overtake you and you can just reverse out and keep going
>get the hang of the game in 1.5 runs and have an amazing time, easily my favourite car game

>PCars 2
>spin out
>welp better restart the stage

just spent an hour trying to do one fucking race
the fact that the reset option exists makes me drive like a mad cunt
but fuck me its just nowhere near as fun as Rally

t. cant drive newfag

Now with underbody details and some template cleanup. Anyone using the Swift, you can make your skin look a bit better by erasing the black edges applied by the Parts layer. The underbody is on the body template, it's the gray rectangle in the bottom left corner. Paint it black or get a picture to put over it so your wheelwells will be the proper color.

What is the best view model for AC? I don't have a VR headset and I can't see shit in the cockpit view.

How do I make my Celica stop spinning? Even lower tire pressure? AWD swap?

>PCars 2
>spin out
>welp better restart the stage

desu the problem is that most racing games arent set up in a way to let the player feel accomplished with anything less than a podium

if you went race diff the 75/75 is too high on most cars so drop it to like 50/25 and go from there
stock race diff settings are probably responsible for 90% of spins in the game

Dirt rally is weird, because it's a good game but everybody can easily point out a couple of things that would have made it better.
So you are left wanting even though what you get is good.

As for the spin part. Taking a safe spin when things go bad is a skill, recovering fast from a spin is also a skill. So it's good to practice that.

>Dirt rally is weird, because it's a good game but everybody can easily point out a couple of things that would have made it better.
dirt 4 is weirder, it delivers things people wanted while playing DR (lots of tracks) while fucking up handling for no reason whatsoever.

i still like d4 anyway

That's a tiny bit better, but it still spins like a motherfucker.

if you are having an issue handling a car, most of the time the problem exists between the wheel and the seat. The setup is only to blame if the car simply refuses to do what you know it can.
What are you doing to make it spin? What are you doing to correct it?

realistic FoV (projectimmersion) + real head motion tuned to your liking preferably with your screen right behind the wheelbase so you can line up the interior of the car to your wheel
in other words, realistic FoV with RHM and helicorsa to make up for everything else

Taking a gentle corner at 60 mph or less.

good thing DR has a reset option too

>longer ratios
>reduce diff(try 40/16)
>.1 or.2 toe in rear
>reduce rear antiroll
>mess with damping
in no particular order

That’s so fucking sick

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Oh no, you don't have a VR after all the shilling on the thread? Shame on you user. Go shell out 400 bucks for your cuck goggles right now.

yeah but I almost never use it
its just way easier for me to drive there than to drive on track

Ok, which one of you downloaded my shit wrap.

>tfw no wheel for f1
this is the only game where i feel like its really nice but im lacking the fine control required
any xb1 wheel recommendations so i can look stuff up on amazon and then never buy because im poor

>;no AC mods are free
wtf

What did you get in the boxing day sales?

I got this from ebgames

what?

Any advice on Barn Finds? I'm apparently retarded/blind.

TMX

There you go

do it from the inside out in a circle

delet this

that map isnt right though
unless the purple circle theyre giving me is wrong

racing on mugello makes me feel like stevie wonder

Well I thought it was just a meme but it's true, everyone just engine/drivetrain swaps every fucking car into an S1/S2 AWD car and all anyone votes for online is racing with supercars. Fuck the multiplayer in FH3.

That's pretty shitty. I've just been making cars the best I can get them without changing class, although I do do a lot of AWD swaps.

the purple circles aren't centered on the barn

good game, bad community

How do I increase the strength of weak/normal force feedback forces without increasing the strength of big ones like when you're trying to catch a slide?

>balance is fucked
>"b--b-but it's actually the communities fault!!"
for buying it, maybe, yeah.

what game? for example, assetto has ffb postprocessing system, there was even this one cool smoothener thing here:

racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/

the balanc isnt why people only do s1/s2 races consistently and drag races only in free roam
if i had a problem with ridiculous awd swapped cars i wouldnt make them but theyre nice when you set it up right and fun if you want to go full tryhard in rivals

also new players join WAT

>what
no AC mods are free

AC among others. None of the options in AC does what I want though. Maybe I have to dive into lookuptables like you linked

High % in control panel, low % in game.

>awd swapping rwd cars
>not rwd swapping awd rally cars

>rwd swapping awd rally cars
why would you do this

gamma
or use steering assist in setup but youll need to add it to the setup.ini or just edit it in car.ini

For fun.

The best thing about Class D and C is that no matter how much you minmax your 40+ year old sports car, everyone comes to an almost complete stop at every corner or flies off the track.

this
you can make old sports cars almost as fast as the new ones but theyll never corner the same

How do we fix /ovg/?

/ovgt6/ series

>post ends in 993
It's a sign. Series with 993 GT2s when?

remove people. full reset, no memes to carry over, no people to tell the tale, no survivors.

drive.google.com/file/d/1oecj7dZdgayNfjV3O6SN8nYOmRByC5b8/view

This one looks like a half decent S2K

For assetto cornetto btw

>gmp
well anyways, i won't judge since i haven't tried, but an autism question: does vtec in hondas triggers itself right away every time you get on its rev range? like, does it need separate simulation system to work anyhow accurately, or would it be enough to hard-'code' torque curve like pic related directly into engine output power file?

Most people who do vtac in ac just bump up the torque when it kicks in, yo.

i know, i'm just wondering if whether it's accurate or not

how do we feel about gran turismo sport? heard it was shit before the updates but now people are saying it's good. i'm thinking of picking it up while it's on sale, is it worth it?

I think so. Without looking at wikipedia and possibly embarassing my self, it's engaged with some ecu magic once it hits the RPM for it and the camshafts go BWAAAAAAA, or some shit like that.

It's basically the only racing game that prevents rammers.

Post ghetto stations. Pic related is mine.

it's a really shit gran turismo game, disappointing in practically every aspect (cars, tracks, physics, graphics, features, etc.) but not a terrible racing game on its own, just a very empty one. pc fags already used to firing up a half broken content-barren sim shouldn't feel too far from home playing gts

@18419379
There's literally nothing ghetto about that setup. You have a decent sized display put as close to your face as possible and even the shifter in the correct position for shifter cars. Your desk looks tidy and sturdy, and a couple of books to keep the screen there are far from ghetto.

its ghetto because hes italian

>Your desk looks tidy and sturdy
>sturdy
Eveything moves around if I'm not carefull.

>hes italian
Hello Sherlock Holmes. Now I want to know how you guessed it.

the subhuman outlet

Is the T500 worth the huge cost? I got a G25, and i'd kind of like something compatable with PS4, and i'd also like a quality jump. T300 is within budget, but the T500 looks nicer.

It's going to go in a ricmotech simrig, and i'm moinly going to play forza 7, some emulated PS2 games and possible Wangan Midnight 4 i got off a private tracker.

FH3 is telling me I need a Groove Music subscription to listen to my music in-game, can this be fixed?

see it's like iracing but 100x less money and more fun to drive imo because the driving physics have seriously been upgraded in comparison to 6, but traditional gran turismo fans hate it because it has a really shitty car and track selection, it's nothing like gran turismo but it's pretty much one of the best sims on the market right now, it's THE best for online racing in particular. if you think of it as a gran turismo game it's shit, if you think of it as an online orientated racing sim it's great.

t300 > t500
t. csw owner that spent months figuring out what to buy

Wangan midnight max tune 4 is cracked and playable?

newfag

>the shifter in the correct position for shifter cars
dont start this again

LA Noire VR is most comfy VR racing game

yeah I heard about the sportsmanship thing they have, it sounds like it's working.
thanks for the info lads, I haven't played a gt game since the PS2 so I'm not too concerned with whether it feels like a gt game or not and it's got some of the cars I like in there so I should do just fine, I'm not looking for hundreds of cars that I'm not going to drive. I think I'll buy it, cheers.

go in setting and change the playlist. iirc it defaults to streaming even if you dont use the service
you can skip songs by switching station and switching back

I can't change from default playlist. Does it have to be on OneDrive? I'm using local files.

What happened to James? I met that guy IRL once and he was cool.

Nevermind, fixed it.

daddy ian gave a gag order and he axed prc and dropped trip
but you know that already james

>ghetto
You are like a baby, watch this

It says the playlist is empty, what do?