/fg/ - Falcom General #30

Previous Thread: Alisa Has No Face and Must Scream Edition

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- New Gematsu article on CS3: gematsu.com/2017/07/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-details-alisa-elliot-laura-jusis-machias

- Short teaser trailer of CS3: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII is back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS III scans: twitter.com/HDKirin/status/890226327122362369

- Trails of Cold Steel I & II confirmed for a PC release, first game will be released on August 2nd.
gematsu.com/2017/07/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-pc-launches-august-2

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame): xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163454030210/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-2-from

- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive, details such as the story and some new characters have been announced, such as Tita, Agate, Tio and Randy confirmed

- Ys 7 announced for PC, trailer released: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II e3 trailer gematsu.com/2017/06/zwei-ilvard-insurrection-e3-2017-trailer-screenshots

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4 and Vita still scheduled for late 2017

>Other not-so-new news

- Check out the content of the last Tits FC & SC updates, specially the translation improvements ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization )

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EceRuTBhTdA
youtube.com/watch?v=ChSNVxkC4dI
youtube.com/watch?v=OJfjDZ2LWfw
youtube.com/watch?v=RiAmMmqrQro
youtube.com/watch?v=Gxds6IDKRt8
youtube.com/watch?v=cLdvWNPMUB4
youtube.com/watch?v=jt-3lXi3Iws
youtube.com/watch?v=yfCOn6TlCF0
youtube.com/watch?v=JysIbQY6SPs
youtube.com/watch?v=jsfGVHAqwMc
youtube.com/watch?v=oXvm1mCZjck
youtube.com/watch?v=-bc5I_gFc0Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Calvard when?

Never because Zemuria will be demolished in Sen III.

Thank you

>still no trailer
Who do I have to annex to get it?

Man, Crossbell is heug. So many NPCs to talk to, too.

How is Ys VIII compared to Celceta? Kinda lost interest after the ending spoiler but may grab it to support NISA.

GIB CROSSBELL

Which Evo soundtrack remixes do you actually consider at least equal to or better than the original?

Leagues better than Celceta, and it's a big improvement over Seven also. But if you didn't like Celceta because of the party system or something, don't expect VIII to change your mind. It mainly has a more intriguing and better-used premise than the past two games, plus elements from the mid-2000s games reintroduced in a way that helps the story and flow of combat/exploration (like actual jumping and Dana's solo story bits). Game looks great on PS4/PC (and impressive for a Vita title), sounds very nice as usual, and lets you pace things better than before. There's also better writing overall, from the main cast to defined and developed NPCs who have unique sub-quests.

The children NPC are the cutest ones yet. The best one is in Downtown's trade shop, though that only opens up chapter 1.

Man I want to send that girl to paradise desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=EceRuTBhTdA

FC Evo. It sticks close enough to the original and has its improvements and weaker but fine arrangements. Ao Evo's also good but not as much as the original, and the rest are mostly junk. And some of the jdk Band-focused stuff sounds great:
youtube.com/watch?v=ChSNVxkC4dI

I still prefer to listen to the original, of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=OJfjDZ2LWfw

Faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=RiAmMmqrQro

I love prepubescents!

>not letting Randy gamble his wallet away
Rude youngsters.

Nobody cares.

I care! People should post about their playthroughs more so I can relive the games vicariously through them.

As long as it's not passive-aggressively shitposting with Japanese screenshots like people have been doing in these threads for years, sure.

Only problem with playing in Japanese is there aren't much people to talk to about it. And unlike the Sky Evo games, I can't really make any webms worth watching because voice acting isn't present everywhere.

A shame, but Tio a cute.

Are you emulating?

Nah, playing the Evo version on the Vita.

I wonder if she'll have a cat ears accessory in iii or will just have to make do with the obligatory all-purpose ears and tail everyone can use.

Is there a way to get a copy of it for less than $100+?

The PSN store?

Not even close to the original

She already has cat ears user.

But as an accessory so you can take them off or put them on Machias.

Everything in Zero and Ao Evo.

Evolution versions in general are better than the originals in every aspect regardless of what contrarian memesters believe, especially art and OST.

Nah. I like the original OSTs for FC and SC better.

Can't believe I'm being trolled like this.

I wouldn't say it's better or even equal, but I like the sax in Evo Inevitable Struggle. It's not quite as intense so it feels less fitting as a replacement for the same events that it would play in, but as a standalone, it's quite nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gxds6IDKRt8

Sophisticated Fight, Silver Will SC (original is not that great fuck off, FC version is better anyway), Overdosing Heavenly Bliss.

I think the Zero/Ao evo OSTs are all worse because they fucked with the tracks too much, unlike the Sky remakes.

I want to fuck KeA. It's so gay you can romance faggots but not her.

Will we fight him in CS3? Is he going to bully G. Schmidt?

I love what the move to PS4 has done for breasts. And character models overall. They don't look like weird midgets anymore

I hope so.

Jiggle pyhsics will be glorious, can't wait for those Musse DLC videos

it's odd seeing the text off-center like that

Weird missing portraits bug in half of the screenshots they put out.

Is it a bug or did it occur to them that having a 3d portrait right on top of a much larger 3d model of the same character is stupid?

They should probably fix their text boxes then.

Makes me wonder if this one is going to be a buggy mess on release like Sen 1.

I want to impregnate instructor Sara!

I hope she finds a man that isn't Rean.

She's going to be Laura's new mom.

She will become Laura's mom if you don't get her to with Rean. Laura won't mind.

How did kiseki go from

>My dad was just one man, and he had to work with others during the war

to...

>I AM THE MOST POWERFUL WOMAN IN THE UNIVERSE, ALSO I AM AN AGELESS VAMPIRE WHO FOUGHT IN A WAR 250 YEARS AGO

to this...

>WOOAAAHH DUDE CHECK OUT ALL THESE CRAZY POWER LEVELS, MAN. ALSO GO CLASS VII YAYAYAYAY!!

>Laura won't mind

I wonder...

I also wonder when Governor Reignitz is going to tap that sweet Reinford cake and make Machias and Alisa step-siblings.

>My dad was just one man
>Who was a fucking legend that saved the entire country from getting fucked with his superior knowledge
>The entire first game wouldn't work if my dad was around because he'd realize that something was wrong so the villains had to keep him busy for the entire game
>And even though he's not even using the weapon that he probably trained most of his life with, he's still more than a match for a lot of major characters

Cassius is ridiculous as fuck.

weebs

Which one of Estelle/Joshua was older again?

They are the same age but its never been specified to my knowledge which one is older.

Pretty sure I remember Joshua complaining at some point that he's actually the older one even though Estelle calls herself his big sister.

RETURN CROSSBELL RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

It's only like 70 years old and was made just to be a place where big shits from the empire and republic could do illicit shit. Where does all of this devotion come from?

Will we hear that amazing voice acting in our localized version, bros? Now that president Kondo exposed Xseed they have no excuse to leave the japanese audio out again.

According to the wiki, Joshua was born late 1185 and Estelle was mid 1186

That's actually a funny point. Crossbell in zero and ao was kind of a corrupt and miserable shithole hidden under a false happy front.

You'd think the Crossbell people, who were already getting fucked over by their own government would at least give Erebonian rule a try first before trying to rebel, but they're resisting from day one.

Think it was mentioned in the 3rd

What a violent twin-tailed loli.

>suddenly ambushed by two proto-Arisas on the way to Celdic
Thirteen Factories has gone too far

it's funny to see prototype data in the sequel to the final version of that same prototype

Not really surprising dummied content is extremely common, its easier for devs to just leave it in.

>dat Engrish
When will they learn?

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

>PS4 only
Kill yourself, consolefag.

hopefully never

I've always been confused as to why Japanese developers put English text in their games like this.

/v/ is that way take your platform war garbage there.

>Unlike the Sky remakes
youtube.com/watch?v=cLdvWNPMUB4

You mean the same dad who fought a dragon 1 on 1 and became friends with it?

Seven is my favorite game. Seems like I'll love VIII.

If Trails in The Sky was released in 2017 people would complain that Joshua and Loewe are too LN for Falcom.

To them it seems cool.

The majority of people here only own a PC

So?

Yes I'm well aware of that. I don't own a current gen console either but platforms wars a childish garbage. People can play games on whatever platform they feel like this is reddit /r/PCMR tier shit. CS3 will be coming to PC eventually anyway so who fucking cares.

There's been a few times already when they lash out when someone talks about buying CS3. Usually it's the people who only own a PC because they hate consoles and anyone who owns them.

To be fair importers are the worst.

As dead as Guy.

CUTE!

CRAZY!

Daily reminder that I am going to impregnate Elie

Hope we can kill that psycho cunt in Cold Steel III.

>unlike the Sky remakes.
youtube.com/watch?v=jt-3lXi3Iws
youtube.com/watch?v=yfCOn6TlCF0
youtube.com/watch?v=JysIbQY6SPs

Was meant to be a reply for

Fuck off Ernest

I wish CSIII brought this back for friendly matches
youtube.com/watch?v=jsfGVHAqwMc

BASIC
WAGE
UNPAID
SALERY

Please do not compare me to Earnest.

He's a nice guy though. When he's clean.

youtube.com/watch?v=oXvm1mCZjck
youtube.com/watch?v=-bc5I_gFc0Y

o my rubber nen