When Chinesium Strikes

In honor of the bullshit of life I wanted to make a thread for people to post green txt stories about there experiences with Chinese made parts. Good and bad.

>This past January got front wheel bearings on '07 Ram 1500 2wd replaced
>Front wheel had literally fallen off about a mile away from the dog breeder I was picking up my corgi from
>about day and a half drive from home, get towed to ONLY local shop
>get raked over the coals because there is no other place to go. Even if I were able to pay to tow to the next closest shop they are the only ones with a tow truck in the area.
>the utilized #madeinchina parts
>~35k miles later, today
>slight steering wheel vibration
>take to shop near house
>both bearings have gone bad, left side REALLY bad

Fuck me. I just got laid off (job starts up again 15th of Jan) and I'm negotiating a 30k hospital bill (fiance broke hip in a biking accident). Did not need this.

Wait your not even wifes bills are your bills?

I can tell you how to be 30k debt free in one simple step.

I don't buy Chinese parts so bad things don't happen.

It's obvious he's retarded because he drives a ram

>owning a ram
>owning a corgi
>owning a wife
>having a job where you get laid for weeks at a time
>not dragging your rusted out piece of shit ram hom and changing out the wheel bearing with all your fucking free time

>be with woman for ~3 years
>ask her to marry you because she genuinely make you happy
>drop her because she broke her hip during a bike excursion you took her on

Yeah, not that level of soulless jackass.

>samefagging this hard

You must be lonely. I'm sorry for you.

Just ask your fiances boyfriend to help you change out the ball joints. With 1 and a half men it's 3 hours max.

6 replies 5 posters the only one same fagging is you new friend

Also Cardigan Corgi's are GOAT-tier dogs

Motherfuckers heard cattle 60x their weight and give no fucks.

>ball joints
wat?

Do you own cattle?

Oh my bad i meant to say wheel bearings. Even still its an easy job. Since your wife is incapacitated her boyfriend should have time to help. People usually do both while everything is out of the wheel well

keked

The buggest sin I have commited to date in my own truck have been; Using japanese bearings to overhaul and regear my rear end. Everything else have been quality parts when it comes to drive train and bearing related. You dont cheap out with those. As for minor shit I can get away using mid tier chinesium trash, as long as it isnt the cheapest chinese part you can find you'll be good.

Not that jap bearings are bad or anything, they are good shit but I could have gone with timkens made in usa but they were a little too much for the time being if i had bought them separately.

>>get raked over the coals
how much?

I replaced a side mirror on a 04 crv with a Chinese unit for 25 bucks. One from Honda was about 240 do no way I was paying that for a 12 year old car. Held up for until I sold it.

You wont hear about it anymore, but there was a huge problem with Chinese wheel studs for transport trucks.

>Install Chinese wheel stud, torque Chinese lug nut
>Threads stretched beyond acceptable limits automatically
>Lug nuts aren't creating the proper clamping force for the torque spec (500ft-lbs for 50K lbs of clamping force per lug/stud)
>If they aren't breaking or being replaced after the lugs are loosened 5-6 times, they have a really high chance of just backing off and falling off

>Big investigation as to why wheels are falling off
>Chinese studs are blamed
>Turns out they aren't even using the proper grade of steel
>Lots are found to have micro cracking brand new.
>Nearly all of them don't meet the standards required for use in NA
>Damn near had a ban on importing Chinese studs and nuts

Now a lot of places aren't even carrying Chinese studs after that because of the good ole Chinese warranty of none.Hell they still haven't really rebounded.

Changed the ball joints, inner & outer tie rods, sway bar end links, and sway bar bushings this past July. Learned that a 4lb hammer works better than a pickle fork.

Would be seriously impressed if she had a bf on the side. Dude would have to be a damn ninja. We live in the boonies, one lane dirt road, only one way in or out from my house, etc.
If he exists, fuck it, mad props

$200 per bearing unit + labor +plus towing fee

I feel physically ill when I think about it but I literally had no other options

>Chinese goods are absolute fucking garbage
More news at 11.

What rear end?

I wouldn't even think of doing my truck's myself (chrysler 9.25). From what I've read and watch on youtube it is a clusterfuck of a rear end to put together.

>Even the trucks kill themselves on the job

Guess they'll have to install safety nets on the highways now too.

That won't do anything

Okay. Why the fuck wouldn't you get towed to you home and fix it yourself?

Why are you here if you can't even replace your own bearings?

Does the shop not warranty their work? A year for wheel bearings is insane, it failing should be on them.

China is like some sort of living cartoon.

they were probably installed poorly. replacing those things is a HUGE pita, and you have to have excellent precision, and patients. its very easy to fuck it up.

probably hammed it in place, and fucked up the races.

replace em yourself, rent the correct tools.

did he just get up after getting plowed by the truck?

>and patients
Why would I have a doctor repair my car?

Yes my gm 8.6 the hardest part is shimming the carrier specially since i changed the carrier for a new one and it needed way less shim. The rest isnt hard. All you have to do is know to to interpret the mesh pattern, there are some specialty tools needed like dial indicator and magnetic base plus calipers. Once you get that sorted the rest isnt too bad.

Gahahha cucked pussie

>30k hospital bill (fiance broke hip in a biking accident)
the fuck america
Just get the original hubs rebuilt next time bearins aint even that hard to repair

why? its your own fucking fault for buying the cheap non genuine parts. then you wonder why they fail?

china dumps any kind of metal together and calls it "steel" think about that next time you want to cheap out ya fucken moron

Tow would have been over a day and a half to get home. I was on a trip. To tow it home would have been more expensive than to get it fixed there.
But whatever. I have a feeling you are a car-less NEET who gets his jollies larping on an automotive board.

Probably not worth the effort to see if they will. They were hillbillies that were gouging me because I wasn't local and they knew I had no choice.

Not really, the entire assembly in the pic is what gets replaced. it is not serviceable.

I had to replace one an evening because I found out one was bad when the front brake seemed unhappy. I just used a shit auto store one. I replaced it again not too long ago because it was grinding itself.
It's one of those parts that you just buy OEM and not worry about it for another ten years.

>I'm negotiating a 30k hospital bill (fiance broke hip in a biking accident)
cuck

dont they use alot of recycled shit tier strength metals?

>literally had no other options
So you live in the boonies, have no job, but can't turn a wrench? How the fuck are you still breathing? You should be dead.

this

they do because: their country is recycling on recycling

That's the exact thing I was thinking senpai. I was in a similar situation as OPs and wound up on my dad's couch in niggerville 90lbs lighter than I was 8 months before.

Now you my friend are a connoisseur. I salute you.

They just aint worth the time. Thats why they make fleshlights. Remember children, if her age is on the clock, shes too old for cock.

>The dodge guy starts a thread to showcase his retardation
>It's a complete coincidence that the yotas showed up

Oh I dont own that. That belongs to some bloke from norway

I dont have a car myself. I dont even have a license.

Cheers

You can buy both wheel bearings for like $150 and the tools would only cost like $25-30. Fix your shit.

Can you fuck off back to /r9k/ please, we don't want you here posting the same attention seeking every thread

Replace them. Throw the old ones through the shitty shop's front window.

He could have walked to the parts store and changed the wheel bearings in the fucking parking lot.
What a cuck.