Classic car predictions?

Classic car predictions?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/fa/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Apparently C5 corvettes are bottoming out and are starting to go up in value. C5 was basically the 3k civic of mid-range sports cars.

Kek
Not some
Pile of shit z3, OP

In 10-15 years these will be as sought after as classic VW vans are now.

E30's especially the ///M3

shit, i might get one for moving furniture. what are the dimensions of the back if you fold/remove the rear seats?

i was going to get a truck, but used trucks are overpriced as fuck and moving things when it's raining/snowing becomes a problem.

This is the future of classic cars

Simple 90s trucks and SUVs that are full frame and have a V8 as well as modern amenities like A/C, cruise and ABS.

The clown shoe coupe models are already high in price so they are pretty much destined to be classics.

So will with Coupe Z4's

They're going back up becuase they're reasonably priced track cars that are already LS swapped.

You're a few years late

They're still too abundant.

I don't know the exact dimensions but I think it's around 60-70 cubic feet of cargo space. Thing is that it's all height. It's a really short wheel base, so moving couches or mattresses wouldn't work as well. Plus they don't go cheap, $8-$10k for a good one, $6k for a beat up one.
Just rent a van for the day.

Toyota Corolla E9

Foxbodies are already starting to go that way. I think in 20 or 30 years, they'll be pretty damn valuable.

They are already over valued, I think

after 2000s lets see

evos
WRX/STI 02-07
r35
e46

not much else is worth a fuck desu

you must be american

unmolested 90s Civics

Give it a few more years for the rust belt to work its magic.

the sticks are definately going up in value.

The autos are not. Obviously as the auto is pure trash in this car.

This will undoubtedly be a very valuable classic car in the future.

Low mileage ones from the 08-09 refresh are already pushing $100,000.

No such thing, they all rice

You're forgetting about the south and west son.

You can throw a rock and hit a basic as fuck mid 90's SUV or truck where I live, hell I own one, and since they all have SBC's and SBF's that are even more abundant, they're not going to be going away anytime soon.

This will undoubtedly be a very cheap piece of shit until the end of time. The demand will never increase, but the scarcity will, and so for the few straggling autists who actually liked these fucking abortions the price may increase marginally.

But it is, and forever will be, a disgusting nigger of a car.

Are you on crack?

>pushing $100K

What planet do you live on? Low mileage, top trim level H2s from 2008 are selling for like $50K LEAFBUCKS here in Canada. These are turds bro.

Cash for clunkers had already done it's magic on them. At one point you could have gotten them, running, for scrap price. Now you actually have to fork out some cash.

>*quietly appreciates in value before it's even discontinued*

3-4 year old FJs are still selling for their factory MSRP, even with 20-50,000 miles on them. Shit is bananas. Wrangler resale BTFO.

My girlfriend has a bone stock 98 Civic coupe. Past 300k and still running. Wonderful machine, likely the best and most iconic car Honda ever made

>top trim level H2s from 2008 are selling for like $50K

Patently false.

Honestly, I think we're going to see a move towards "ironic classics" since so much of what was produced in the 90s and 00s was utter shit and gas will only get more expensive in the future.
Mark my words, some time in the 2020s we will see the first Prius festival.

oooh kay 1200-2000 is really forking out some cash there......

these are already pretty expensive just because of their rarity

Patently true. Stay salty.

niggers.jpg

C 4 C
C

i usually only move one thing per day, sometimes once or twice a week, sometimes maybe not even once a month.

i buy furniture that i fix up a little bit and then resell. in some cases the price of the rental would double the cost of what i pay for the furniture. i actually need a daily driver, so it would double as that, but for it to be useful for furniture moving duty it'll need to have at least 66" of length for cargo space, but 72" would be preferable.

>luxury package
>rare color
>grill guard
>running boards

>not even $50,000 maplebucks

lol GM btfo

They kinda already are, fucking hipsters didn't want to buy them new but as soon as we get one in used they're gone as soon as we put it on the line.

They were too expensive for their target market when they launched. Most young people bought an economy car for $5-7 grand less, the Element was too much money for an underpowered, Civic-based SUV.

I really like them, always have. But the only ones available in Ontario have ridiculous mileage (everything over 100,000km, most pushing 175-200,000+). And they still want like 10-15 grand for them.

They are really cool vehicles and if I had tons of cash to burn I'd buy one, but their price is 90% dictated by supply and demand - they don't offer much more utility than a RAV4 or a CRV.

>not 2008 or 2009
>not low miles

Really makes me think.

>literally a red 2008 """luxury package"""" with 57,000 miles for less than $50,000 Canadian dollarydoos

Open your eyes you fucking tard.

>currently worth a potato
>in 10 years time we'll be banging our heads against the wall for not grabbing one when we could

just checked on autotrader, there's like two for sale in the whole country that are ASKING more than $100,000

most are at least $10-40,000 under that for what you described

stop being such an actual nigger, H2s are disgusting shitcars for niggers

You won't get 72" out of an element without taking out the front seats. They were designed as a quasi-urban surf wagon, not a furniture hauler.
If you want something you can DD as well you need a minivan or a bigger SUV.
Astro vans were the GOAT small cargo van, but it's hard to find one that doesn't have a gorillion miles on it.

Honda Civic

THIS

THIS

They're unkillable, still a metric shitton of Astros roaming around here.

Unmolested S2000s

>They're unkillable
Except until the transmission blows up. I'd put good money that most Astros with over 150k on the clock are on their second transmission.

my dad always drove astro vans and has one right now but it's all kinds of fucked up. i think i'll just get a small 4 cylinder rwd truck as i originally planned.

yall suck

future classic car

people are already dumping these

Everybody knows that expensive high performance cars will get a free pass into classic status.
It's more fun to try and predict the Cinderella classics, the ones that aren't obvious from the start.

xB babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Was actually just about to post this. It has a lot of the same things going for it that the Element does.
I think the TC will fair well too, even though it's one of Veeky Forums's least favorite cars.

It is? I thought Veeky Forums liked the TC for some reason.

I've not seen a lot of nice things said about it on Veeky Forums, mostly because Toyota billed it as a sport coupe and the spiritual successor to the Celica even though it was heavier, slower and handled worse.
HOWEVER, if you ignore the "sporty" mislabel and approach it as a weekend cruiser hatchback it makes a lot more sense. The interior is comfy, the cargo space is impressive for its size and that pano glass roof is really nice on sunny days.
It'll have a lot of nostalgia points going for it, it had a short(ish) run and it'll age well mechanically.

I don't know about calling it a sport coupe, but I feel labelling it "sporty" is acceptable. I tend to view it as a sporty econobox.

That's a fair point on comparing it the the last gen Celica, though.

My car is actually considered a Porsche classic now.

if its a rare model the price will go up due to rarity and not many people bought them when new and FOMO = fear of missing out. and thats what drives the price up also that being said if it was a popular well loved model (vw beetle as a example) people buy them to relive their youth in them cause they had such a great time etc im not saying a 80s corrollas are gonna be worth a hell of a lot but car trends are strange in that way. they come and go.

they have already started in japan.

By who, yourself? Take it to Rennsport reunion and report back with your reception there.

>mfw the boomers were right

that is one ugly fucking Poreshuh

Range Rover classic already on the rise. Gone are the days of finding them for $2-3k. Nice rust free survivors are starting to push $10k+

gross

to be fair you don't own anything desirable either

plus you are fat :^)

if they didn't cost so much to own their value would probably be 2-3x what it currently is

people love old 4x4s now, barebones FJ40s are going for $30-60K

>and people are still offroading them jesus christ

its because they rust like nobodys business. the bodys maybe aluminium but the chassis is made of steel.

I subscribe to the James May classic car theory. Rare/Important/Interesting, it needs to be at least two of those three things.

1990-2017 VN-VF2 Commodores

Reporting in with mine

>V Body with holden modifications from factory
>5.0 v8 5sp manual options
>5.7-6.2 6sp factory manual options
>stupid cheap to buy
>tonnes of them get totalled in muh drift drag street rally motersport
>certain HSV (limited production run) models are getting $$$$$$ even with higher k's since bogans and "collectors" seek them out just to garage them
>big parts bin from American Engines from GM
>big euro parts bin for the chassis and interior if you want parts its easy to get them
Only parts that are hard to get is the fucking holden exclusive parts for the v8 and stuff like that aint made here anymore or copied in china

Yep. Glad I picked up my Classic when I did. Have also noticed the same trend with the FJ60's.

Desirable compared to what? Every car I own is more desirable than a 996

>plus you are fat :^)
pics?

lol stupid aussie cunt, your shitbox will be worth scrap in 5 years, and nothing in 20

post that pic of you on Veeky Forums, where you're wearing the ill-fitting brown suit with your gut hanging out

you know the one i'm talking about

based

the OG ironic classic

W124 500E
Mercedes/ Porsche collaboration.
One of the OG sleepers

I only know you've posted that same post at least 100 times, yet it's never gone anywhere. Why don't you show me?
warosu.org/fa/
I really want to see a post by me on a fashion board wearing a suit, even more than you do.

test

The last generation of "performance" Pontiacs will probably have some classic value. Partly because of the dead badge and partly because the styling was quite as boring as other GM offerings of the time.

the best part is that it's like our own little inside joke because we both know what i'm talking about but probably no one else on this board does

i remember it and you remember it, chubbs

that's all that matters

this sexy thing

Not a Z4 guy, especially when the Z3 exists, but I have to admit it does still look pretty good from that angle.

If you can still get all the plastic engne components and window trim and electrical crap that has failed ofherwise no. Not at all. you're dreaming

easy one

>gelatinous Veeky Forumstists spotted

Shut up fatass it costs more than anything you own.

Classic bimmer

ROFLMFAO
what a load of BS!
a unmodified XR6 turbo will be worth more. because untouched. just driven.

commodores are not rare. you can import up to a 1993 (2018) into the usa. its not rare its not special and holden hade a gazillion special edtion models to confuse the buying public the rarest was the XU3 GTR & murph special edtions. but even then their was nothing really that special about a comodore SS (v8) so0 unless a HRT/HDT wouldnt get my hopes up.

the TE/TS 50 AU falcons will be worth something as limted production model all hand built buy ford aus with a 5.6 stroker

JDM isnt really classic by world collector standards. its not itallian and not a ferrari im not saying it wont be collectable just not in the usa

>inside joke
I mean it's pretty funny on my end that you got so upset by a random fat guy in a suit on a fashion board (why would you be posting on a fashion board anyway?) that you lashed out at a tripfag on an anime imageboard for YEARS, but doesn't exactly sound like an inside joke. Any luck from the archive yet?

I had a gxp as my first car in 2010. Was a convertible but asked my dad for some hardtop a company online made. Sold it last year to pay for a WRX. Even the non unicorn models hold their value well.

>JDM isnt really classic by world collector standards.

check urself b4 u rek urself faggo

how many series one rx7s with the 12a have you seen at barrett jackson?

or a rx3?