So how do we define “super car”

So how do we define “super car”

It's overly expensive, goes really fast, only has a limited number made

[spoiler]and is manufactured by Lamborghini, Noble, Ferrari, Maserati, McLaren, Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Porsche, or pretty much anything European

with the original def.
A car with a big engine.

super car is a term for OEMs.

Hyper expensive and pushing the limits for it's time.

A car that's super, duh.

Wtf is that

"we"

not this

a sports car that goes the extra mile in terms of everything.

Speed is not a requirement for a super car.

A super car is a feeling.
You'll know a super car when you see one.

That's just a Honda with a few simple mods.

How much of a supercar is presentation vs performance? A GT-R can go toe to toe with a contemporary Lamborghini, but they're very different cars.

S30 and S130's make my pee pee hard and give me a nice warm fizzily feeling, but I wouldn't call them super cars user.

2 doors
2 seats (only exception is the F1)
mid or rear engine
V8 or bigger
rear or all wheel drive

anything else is either a track car, sports car, or hyper car.

some things you can't define and put clear borders on.
Trying to pull a line where supercars start and sop is like trying to clearly define what your woman wants right this moment.
It's impossible.

>Porsche 959
>Lexus LFA
>Ford GT

Something rich Arabs buy then consequently "improve" by painting it gold. Has to be European for some reason and sound like REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

hypercar
shit
hypercar

look ridiculous
sound ridiculous
ridiculous price tag

>Ford GT
>Hypercar

Thanks for the laugh user I needed it.

Anything that requires putting groceries in a different car and/or can only be 'driven' on a swept and level track.

>$450,000 base
More than Ferrari F12
>647hp
More than Huracan Performante
>3,050 lbs
Less than Koenigsegg Agera R
>216 mph Top Speed
1 less than Laferrari Aperta
>0-60 in 2.8 seconds
Same as Tesla P100D
yeah bud totally not a supercar

Hand built.

>lfa
>not pinnacle of engineering
kek i can tell you\re a cuck ass benchracer

I'm not saying it's not a good car, it's just not a hypercar in my eyes (Granted it does have the damn unobtanium of one due to how they handled sales). Doesn't have the expense or the opulence of one. IS it a stellar fucking car? Absofuckinglutely. Never said other wise.

Factory made high performance car.
Your garage monstrosity is still a civic.

high-end performance car. when you see a car that's packed with modern stuff and was clearly designed for fun, not for practical uses, then that's the super car.

for example, viper is not a supercar because it's rather low-tech. it's amazing sports car, but it haven't got all of the high end stuff.

faster than a Porsche but slower than a Mclaren

Yeah sorry I was sleepy last night when I wrote Youre right. I thought you said 'supercar' not 'hypercar'. Its definitely not a hypercar.

Making a distinction between supercar and hypercar is pure autism. Your standards are completely arbitrary.

the car i own

Based PT Cruiser.

I don't know but I would say anything more exclusive than an Aventador or 812 is a hypercar instead of a supercar

If it makes money by selling posters to children, it’s a supercar.

this, anything else is just a race car. Its way easier to build 1 than to build 1000

hypercar is 1000hp+,240mph+ ,and oem
no need to say expensive because with those 3 its guaranteed.

its fast

I'd say this, but the engine/transmission/drivetrain has to be completely bespoke. American muscle is just dropping literal trucc engines in lightweight chassis, with off the shelf parts that can be sourced from anywhere. Thus, the Snek is not a super car, even though it holds its own rather well.

>Speed is not a requirement for a super car.
put down the crack pipe, user

does at least 200mph

>this is how ricer neckbeard thinks
0-60 is the most important

200 MPH and the vehicle must actually be a production car.

It's an old term for cars that were built from the ground up with performance in mind, with very few compromises.

But, times have changed and people are really biased on what it means. Mid-engined, over 200mph, something ridiculous... but the term came from the days when they sold 60 horespower GM's, Nissans and Fords to the masses and over 200hp was considered unobtainable luxury.

Now a minivan beats a "sports car".

It really doesn't matter.

fast, looks exotic/good, expensive.

Ferraris, Porsches, Mclarens, Bugattis, Koenigseggs etc make supercars. Mercedes, Ford etc are capable too (SLR, GT). these cars fit the definition.

an example of a car that tries to be a supercar but fails is a Corvette. fast, but it's dirt cheap in comparison, everyone has one, looks basic.

the car you're showing looks like a super built derelict, am i right or am i a little faggot for liking NFS payback because IGN says so

Car that can OEM hit 200mph
Hypercar is an OEM that can hit 250mph

>0-60 is the most important
this is how soyboy thinks

V6

contributing

The Countach wasn't a supercar?

no. Not even back then. The Countach was always a sluggish brick driven by fashion designers.

>Not even back then
I guess you're right.
There were a lot of cars that topped out at 186 back in the 70's.

Its not based on price
Nor performance
Nor rarity
Supercars are race cars that can drive on the street legally

Pic not related its overpriced shit who would pay 220,000 for this

Ah, it's the sound of one hand clapping, right?

>0-60 under 3.5 Seconds
>more than 500hp
>Top speed in excess of 190mph
>Speed was the primary reason for the car
>Costs more than $100k
>Limited overall numbers or limited numbers made a year

>uglier than sin

How is that uglier than this?