Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14710931
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Triumph!

thicc pipes

Suzuki a best!

You call those thicc!
Hahahaha!

Should I buy a 250-300cc or used 500cc bike if I want to learn how to ride? I'm afraid that the 500cc bikes will make me a poor and lazy rider.
I will be commuting by motorcycle almost everyday and often going through london traffic. I'm 6'2 with a ~34 inch inseam and weigh 210-220lbs.
/DBT/ what's a cheap reliable commuter bike that will teach me how to ride?

Said no one ever

What do you guys think of the Rebel 500 as a starter/intermediate bike?

isn't feet forward pretty shit becuase you have less control over the motorcycle?

Great bikes 10/10 would suggest

Cruiser life best life

How do you have less control?

Because dbt said so

dbt also likes dicks
do you?

It's fine, but generally it is not recommended to buy a brand new bike as your first

It's always amazing to me how close some people can get their knee to the ground without actually leaning their bike over

>a poor and lazy rider
That's pretty much all of us. Go for the 500.

Nothing wrong with being poor

It makes it harder to stand on the pegs, but doesn't really make any difference since it's not designed for off road use anyway.

I guess dbt is just my home now.

Just buy an old ass Yamaha Diversion, they're cheap as fuck over there and great bikes, even if they're a little slow

What year interceptor is that?

I'm , a total noob when it comes to road motorcycles.
It's just something I heard some motorcycle reviewer say (i think it was the fat man from revzilla) after which I never gave the concept much consideration.
With that being said, if the mid controls do give any advantage I'd take it, especially as a beginner.
One thing I am sure of is that feet forward is definately less comfortable unless your knees are fucked up. With forward controls all your weight is on your ass and each blemish on the road surface will be registered by your spine.
Pic related. mongol warrior with mid controls

Agreed. But something appeals me to this bike.

Practicality wise, the local insurance between a used 250cc and a new 500cc bike is negligible, so I might as well get a brand new one that I can get attached to as my virgin bikefu.

I don't mind feet forward on mine. But its showy confy and i don't feel bumps.
But to each their own

This is me, and I ride that thing for 7 hours at a time, covering 400 to 600 miles, several times a year with zero discomfort. You can still boost yourself off the seat enough for the rough parts, and it's way more comfortable than riding with your knees bent 90 or more for hours on end.

Super* comfy

Ninja 250/300.

CBR's are shit and so is the Suzuki GSX250F.

>itt: /nobike/ virgins
this is the chad-fucked-your-mom-and-she-loves-to-suck-her-own-shit-off-my-dick-after-i've-fucked-her-in-the-ass-bike

Those handlebars are fail

And it's in the shop to be fixed (again). Shocker.

That belt drive looks like absolute ass on a bobber.

I hate all you fags, i hope you fags get raped by tyrones and die of aids.

Exept for
angry user
Cc81something
Harley user
Rebel user
Drop user
black Nighthawk 250 anons
Wr user
cb650f user
Fireblade user
Copycat harley user
Marauder user
Balerares user with cb250
Strayan cbr1000 user
Wings user
Across user

Buell anons
Moffman
Nighthawk user
cb400f italian user
still no grom user
sv650 white user
mv agusta user
baird
cum tribute user
Dr350 user
gramps the peadophile
aprilia user
ohiostorm
cactus
fkg
german Katana user
banana ninja homo
blue sv650 user
SR250 user
Triumph Daytona user
Squid user
AZ r6 user
vfr800 anons
oakland
ZA user

The Holy list repels the Skid demon.

>removed from list

I hope a cursed sticker lands onto your bike.

I don't wanna be on ur list anyway

strawpoll.me/14710931
be honest

Listanon pls...

That looks like a hipster faggot bike that ef would ride.

Please put ef on the list.

rasputin will never be on the list

gs user? but youre rich, you dont need no holy protection from the skid demon

Not sure why you think thats me

thats a lot of money to dump into a fucking street 750 lol. better off getting an Evo Dyna or Softail

>decide to go for a ride since its been awhile being winter and shit
>27 degrees no problem
>literally 15 minutes into my ride my hands go completely numb despite wearing the thickest winter gloves I own

How do you guys do it? I can't really ride when I can't even feel the fucking levers or throttle.

>he never did cold weather training with special forces
Pfffttt

As long as my hands *fucking hurt* I know at least some blood is still flowing to them. Time to invest in heated gloves or grips. That's on my to-do list.

heated hand grips, heated gloves, gloves lined with hand warmers

>tfw I prefer Kawasaki but my bike is a Suzuki
Suzuki is fine, I just want a KLR more than my GSX-600F.

Keeping your vital organs warm allows your body to sacrifice some heat to your extremities. The key is to use warm gear all over. Good windproof, insulated, heated, layered gear is key.

I'm afraid that the torque of the 500cc will spoil me.

isn't the diversion a bit much for a beginner?

The ninja 250-300 are actually the only bikes I'm considering at that displacement.

Heated gear topped by leather neck-to-toe

Got a 2013 300, I like it for throwing into corners.
Just be prepared to shuffle your bum a lot at the stoplights and aching legs and lack of power.
I love it though

Icon Variant - Meme tier or actually decent gear? I want one but it's a healthy chunk of coin for something I want because it looks cool.

Have you tried it on?

kek i made the list and fell back off it again?

I have no real idea but that looks like it would be noisy as fuck at highway speeds.

had one, mostly memes desu. very loud, horrible aero and exact wrong parabolic shape and distance from your face makes it so you can see hugely magnified images of your pores in the screen

Haven't had a chance to do so yet, unfortunately the dealership I work at doesn't stock icon in the winter so I have to order it for myself and see.

Sup /dbt/. What I have here is a 2010 xt250, now I wanted to open it up, so I have cut back the lid on the air box and I wanted to originally drill down through the exhaust baffle, but it was way down inside the pipe, so instead I drilled a hole before the baffle where you can see. After doing this, it runs like a demon, but cold starting takes ages and it stalls out if I rev up too quickly. Is this because the hole is before the baffle causing some kind of weird airflow problem or is it just more likely that I need to change the jets on it since I have added heaps of extra airflow?

Pic of airbox mod would be more helpful.

that's some retarded ass way to "open up" your bike, but yes it is running too lean now. rejet your carb

Rejet for increased airflow.

When I say cut back the lid I meant remove entirely, is it too much maybe?

Heated grips and hand guards, I'm still wearing my summer vented gloves with temps in the high 30's and the warmers are only running on medium.

lmao so now you're basically just running no air filter and added a rust hole to your muffler

that hole isn't going to do shit all
the issues youre having would be because of the missing intake lid. running lean

Put it back to the way it was, you're fucking with stuff that's going to end up putting that bike in the shop. It's an Xt250, it's not fast, it won't ever be fast. If you want something faster find a WR.

And for fucks sake why would you drill a hole in your pipe?,

Did your mom yell at you for cutting up one of her clothes hangers? Mine does...

Trip 9's for baddest triple?

saw someone riding a grom the other day. First time seeing someone on one.
i was mirin honestly.

i fuckt ur mum, fagget!!

Did you have any problems finding it?

Kys wr

I was invited to a Grom/Z125/Ruckus group ride once. I rode my DR650, smallest bike I have. Shit was funny as hell.

in his defense they are pretty corked up from factory one look at the exhaust and intake and you can see and they are super quiet. opening these up properly can easily add a few hp but this is just not the way you do it.

Hey guys

what is the fucking point of such handlebars?

Making you feel like you're riding a girl's bicycle.

helps tyrone identify cuckols so he can fuck their wives/gfs/mums

>aprilia user
Which one? Shivvy?

Someone really needs a sticker by the gas cap to let them know where to fuel it?

it's a yamaha virago, so i guess its being piloted by a woman.

get a hawk, and be happy /dbt/

Zach I swer on me mum I'm gonna take my bike out there and let you taste liter peter power someday.

So like any of the I4/twin naked bikes of pre-2000's?

dont understand why this didnt sell and 10 years later the sv650 came and out and every cuck bought one.

If you ride one, you'd understand. The hawk was very pricey for its time, plus you got some high bars. Throw some good rearsets and clip-ons on the bike and you'll have a very fun bike.

why would you want to get attached to a learner's bike?
My plan was on getting a used bike, riding it until the power becomes the bottleneck of my riding abilities and then selling it for basically the same price I bought it.

>suzuki
>are brojobs gay?
Says it all right there.

>torque of 500

ninja 300 - 25lbft
er5n - 45lbft

>he doesn`t know

r3 is kind of pricey and the ktm 390 is built by poos. Otherwise I would have been looking at them.

>Made it
Does it protect me from knock off /dbt/ stickers?

the ktm single cylinder feels like giganigga pounding your asshole.
otherwise just wash it with rubbing alcohol to get all the poo molecules out and it should be good.

no.

Isn't the r3 advertised as built by poos too though? (I was speaking on behalf of Ninja btw)

Which hawk? Me? Couldn't be

Gotta replace valve seals, wish me luck

>poomaha
>pootm
>poopysaki
>bmpoo
>royal poofield

you have to pull out the engine to remove the head, remove valves, seat them and replace the seals. Its a 2 day job at most. Dont forget to get the timing right.