I landed my 2017 Cruze in the ditch. The damages as far as I know/best guesses are:

I landed my 2017 Cruze in the ditch. The damages as far as I know/best guesses are:

- All 4 side curtain airbags have been deployed. Driver/passenger & Front/rear
- Seatbelt pretensioners need replacing I assume?
- Rear passenger side door has some ripples
- front passenger side bumper is warped
- I assume the airbags fired because of the rollover sensor, I landed at about a 60 degree angle. Hit some thick snow but the front airbag didn't deploy so I'm not sure they deployed on impact. I also assume the sensor needs replacing.
- 2 Tow areas/holes on the frame broke when the first truck tried to pull it out (driver's side). I don't know if this in itself is cause for a total loss.
- Possible front end damage from either landing the way I did or from being pulled out by connecting to it.

KBB says the trade value is about $14,000 CAD based on mileage. I'm hoping for a writeoff and check from my auto & gap insurance companies so I can pick up a new car and leave it behind me rather than worry about my deductible and having repairs done. Anybody with more experience have any input regarding my odds?

Pic related but not me. Thank you!

> Airbags went off
99% of the time that's a write off.
> Front bumper got fucked
That's usually a pretty big expense. The parking sensors, actual bumper, possible harness, the foam that acts as the real bumper...

I'd guarantee that it's a write off.

How fast were you going?

Just a slight warp in the bumper from the weight of the car being on it for a few days. Wouldn't say it's fucked.

Most people I talk to say airbags are a write-off, but there have been a few who don't think so considering the seemingly light amount of real damage and age of the car. I'm calling the shop tomorrow, just trying to get the best sense I can for now. Thanks!

40-50 km/h

Sooo 25-30 mph?

Did you have snow tires?

Yes, but I don't see how that affects whether its a total loss or not.

That effects our judgement if you. If you said no we'd laugh more.

God damn it Veeky Forums, stop crashing

Fair enough

It's donesky.

Side curtain airbags are almost always a writeoff. Combine that with the door damage, the tow hook damage, and I'd bet you a hundo they total it.

>driving a new car in the snow
That what shit boxes are for you fucking retard.

Now you can get a Honda Civic.

Here's the top picks in the compact class for your next purchase

I'd rather have someone ditch a soulless 2017 barge than a shitbox with a story.

its probably a write off

Congratulations, now you can get a decent car.

>That what shit boxes are for you fucking retard.
So what exactly did he do wrong then?

Bought a new shitbox instead of a 3k civic.

how do you crash that? What the fuck is wrong with you? Maybe use uber next time you fucking loser

>tfw you own a lifted f150 and friends and family say you'r a fagot for it and you most have small penis. Then Canadian winter hits.

Probably totalled going by the airbags and tow anchor damages. Those airbags can be $1500 a piece or more and you set off all of the side curtain ones. Then you add the skin damage of the doors and bumper plus paint on those items, shots gonna add up quick. Plus all the stuff you can't see.

Just pull it out of the ditch and drive that bitch

This, desu~

Your aggression tells a long, sad story.

>buy a 3k civic
God when will this meme be put to rest?

Hahahaha Kys

One airbag is enough for a write off, o
You blew multiple airbags.....

your crash tells me you're literally an autismo adult, go dagumi into a tree like equinox

did you expect a fucking hug? Dumbass. And yes, you are. Crashing a new nanny car. Gtfo.

Who said anything about expectations?

you are actually a retard aren't you? leave

Don't know what Dagumi is but if Google is anywhere close you're either drooling out Anime references or memes.

"Autismo"

A dude seriously can't ask a question? What made you such a bitter dude?

>Dagumi
newfriend spotted. Go lease some crossover, faggot

dude! Bro! Why cant we all just, like, get along? Dude?
how about you LEARN TO DRIVE

Thank you helpful souls. I appreciate the input.

>Not regularing Veeky Forums
>Deplorable

Sending positive thoughts. Hang on, friend.

appreciate this, jackass, you're incompetent. And soft. Go back to facebook messenger and orbit some roastie.

for now, hang onto deez nuts -- and next time hang onto the steering wheel, artard

DON'T STOP THE MUSIC TONIGHT

>compact class
>only mid-size cars

how shit do you have to be to fall into a ditch on a snowy road?
how dumb do you have to be to not gradually test acceptable driving speed on your first couple meters on snow?
holy shit i am a reckless driver by normie standards but even i can maneuver my rwd shitbox that already tends to snap oversteer on a rainy summer road through snow at double or triple speed of what normies drive during those conditions

Holy shit this thread is underage

That's what I was saying, and the guy acted like I had problems. The guy is a moron.

>- All 4 side curtain airbags have been deployed. Driver/passenger & Front/rear

Write off. Airbags start at about 1K each without labor, and the curtains can be a bitch to change

>- Seatbelt pretensioners need replacing I assume?

Normally everything related to the belts should be replaced, however the belt itself has a stupid high rating.

>- Rear passenger side door has some ripples
>- front passenger side bumper is warped

Ya at this point if they don't write it off because of the air bags both of those will. There's probably damage to the front door as well, which will label it a major accident that has to be reported on the vehicles history.

>- I assume the airbags fired because of the rollover sensor, I landed at about a 60 degree angle. Hit some thick snow but the front airbag didn't deploy so I'm not sure they deployed on impact. I also assume the sensor needs replacing.

Depends on the style of sensor, it might be reusable but probably not. Hard to say why the bags deployed like they did, airbags are stupid sometimes.

>- 2 Tow areas/holes on the frame broke when the first truck tried to pull it out (driver's side). I don't know if this in itself is cause for a total loss.

First, don't let morons hook on to shit and try to pull you out with their trucks. Half those morons don't know what the fuck their doing and none of them have insurance for when they rip your bumper off or, in this case, tear either the transport slots or whats more likely, purposely designed crumple zones. Depending on just how far they ripped it, its probably fucked.

>- Possible front end damage from either landing the way I did or from being pulled out by connecting to it.

Probably from bubba and his chain. If it was resting on the bumper or something for a long time, it might have just frozen to that shape and some time in a warm garage will return it to its normal shape.

TL;DR Its a write off OP.

>mfw unironically orbit chicks and call them fat thicc cunts
they love it and so does my pebiz

most insurance companies will write off if too much frame damage or too uneconomic (cost them too much) to repair. they may still fix this piece of crap.

>friends and family discussing your penis size based on what you drive
Fucking weird.

>mfw mum asked me if i get orgasms yesterday
i said you dont?

>she laughs and goes silent
women are weird

user you should buy a new car they're so much safer than a 3k Civic! Look! You can get this Cruze for $400/mo for 92 months!